Game of Love Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He was so angry.

"You claim you love Sergio, and yet you didn't even think twice about killing him." He said harshly. "What kind of love is that? You were willing to kill someone that saved his life without second thoughts. But thank God..." He chuckled harshly. "...Thank God Javier wasn't really real. That was just a character I portrayed to make sure my plans went smoothly."

"What?" Giada muttered. "You... you were that boy?"

"The entire time!" He said, opening his arms as if welcoming her. "I had all of you fooled with just makeup and a Latino accent. When I learned about your plans to assassinate my husband, I knew I had to do something quickly. Everything that was happening was being controlled by me, and even when you planned that kidnapping, I knew about it so I was prepared and I faked my death, again. You were never gonna stop pestering my life and trying to hurt me just like you did ever since I was a kid. You tormented my life, and you made sure I suffered for mistakes I had no idea of."

The tears on Jayden's face came as if his pain had at last condensed into a deluge of rain. It was as if at last, his accumulated ocean of brine was trickling through. He raised his head and glared at Eric, slowly getting up.

"You talk about Giada tormenting your life, hurting you. What about me?" He angrily pointed at himself. "What about everything that I have gone through? Do you know how it felt losing my mother at such a young age? I suffered... I felt tormented and God knows I tried so many times to take my life, but God couldn't even take me."

He was crying while venting his anger.

"And it's because of that woman!" He furiously pointed. Kim felt horrible as all eyes were now on her. She felt so damn guilty. "She destroyed a perfect family. She led to the death of a very good woman. I know my father crossed the boundaries of his relationship but my mother never answered back. Because she didn't want to hurt his feelings. She suffered in silence for months all because of a homewrecker."

Tears escaped his eyes, running away upon his cheeks, leaving his body as if they could not bear to witness yet another pain. The pain crushed him from the inside, leaving him incapable of anything.

"She robbed me of the life I could have had." He wailed. "My father meant the world to my mother. He betrayed her and yet she was still willing to forgive him. He threw us out because of Kimberly, I almost died. She left me at an orphanage, not knowing that was the last time I was gonna see her. I waited and waited but she didn't come back. No one was willing to adopt me."

Eric felt something strong develop inside, something he hadn't felt in a long time. It was pain. He could tell Jayden was in genuine pain and anguish from his cries. He remained standing there, trying to fight his tears.

"I was chased from the orphanage because no one wanted me. I met my father once and he treated me like trash." He mourned, furiously rubbing his face. But it was soon wet. "I started roaming the streets, begging for money. No one wanted to help me, and even the ones that did took something in return.

Do you know how many times I got raped in the streets? Almost every night." He barked, feeling like someone was trying to pull on his heart. "I wished for death but it wouldn't come. I prayed so many times but even god abandoned me. He didn't wanna help me. And all because of that woman."

Guilt was eating and pestering Giada. A fire burned in her mind and throat. Remorse hit her like a sledgehammer. She could feel daggers aiming at her from within the crowd. She prayed for the ground to open and swallow her.

"You grew up in a similar situation, Eric, but mine was worse. I had to pray for the day to be longer because every night, the same men would return and rape me over and over again. I was only a kid." He was hyperventilating as he remembered the horrifying experience. "My hatred started growing like cancer every day. I hated that woman, I hated my father, and I hated everything to do with him.

I was lucky at the age of 13 when I met a man that took me as his own. He was a leader of a terrorist organization, and he introduced me to his line of business. I was a son he never had. He took me to Bangkok where I became his second in command a few years later. I had no choice. Anything was better than being raped and suffering."

He got closer and stared Eric in the face. "So tell me, why should I spare that woman? Why I should I let everything go? Why should I let her live in peace when she ruined my life? MY father only had an affair because she seduced him. I am this way because of her."

He looked at Eric like the fire in his eyes had been dowsed with ice water, making his eyes pale. Eric hadn't seen that side of him, it unnerved him. He didn't see a bitter man anymore, but a man that had been living in pain for a long time.

"If it was you, what would you have done in this situation?" He asked, shaking his head. "What would you do if you were in my shoes? Giada had tormented your life and you came back to ruin her. Now imagine what I passed through."

Eric glanced at Kim who looked so broken and scared. For the first time, he couldn't say anything. She was the reason why he was like that. He had only been a child when she took his innocence and turned him into the monster that he was. He wanted to say something but the gasps from the crowd got his attention. He quickly looked at Jayden and found him with a pistol that was pointed at Kimberly. He stood in shock, shaking his head.

Eric's men pointed their guns at Jayden but Eric quickly raised his hand, telling them to stop. He wanted to talk him out of it.

Kim's heartbeat was the only thing she could hear, as all of her senses sharpened, to show her that this was one of the moments when she was shitty scared. Her heartbeat in her chest.

"What are you doing?" Eric asked, staring right at him. "You need to stop this right now, Jayden. It's all over, and if you pull that trigger you're never getting out of here alive. The police will soon arrive and..."

"I don't care!" He cocked the gun, slowly walking towards Kim. Kim felt like her insides were turning. She was beginning to sweat. "Either way, I am not getting out of here. Everyone now knows the truth about me, and whatever I do won't make any difference. But whatever happens, I will not let her live. I will complete my revenge today, and I don't care what happens to me afterward."

"No!" Kim cried, rising to her knees. She put her hands together, pleading with him. "I... I... I am sorry."

"Shut up!" He yelled. "Shut the fuck up! People like you don't deserve to live. It's funny." He laughed. "I have just realized that all this time, I only lived for one purpose and that was your death. Last time it was me that was kneeling before you and this time it's you. My, how the tables have turned."

Sergio knew he was supposed to do something to protect his mother but he was dumbstruck. On one hand was someone that she had caused so much pain, had ruined his life. And on the other was a woman that he had called his mother all his life, but there was something so dark about her.

"Jayden, I know that you hate her so much, and you just wanna see her suffer," Eric said abruptly as a tear went down his cheek. "Your life has been full of nothing, but pain. But is this the right way? I am aware of what's been going on in your life, and I know that joining the gang was so hard for you?"

"You don't understand anything?" He barked. "You don't understand shit about my life. You're only saying that because you wanna save her. If you understood me then you wouldn't have done what you did to me."

"I understand everything, and yes, I am trying to save her because there has been too much bloodshed already." He said, his voice rising. "I did what I did because I wanted to save my family. I also wanted to save you from yourself. This isn't the right way. You asked me about my step-mother. Yes, I wanted to make her suffer, I wished to kill her. But I didn't. I found people that showed me so much, love.

I found a wonderful husband, a loving sister," He chuckled and stared at Douglas. "I found a father I never had and a brother. I am happy because I have love now. Perhaps, that's all that you need. Please..." He extended his hand, opening his palm. "...stop all this and just give up. I promise I'll help you. All of us now understand, and we'll shower you with all the love that you need."

"No!" He couldn't fight his tears. He was scared for the first time in his life, scared that someone had told him that. "That part of me died long ago along with my mother. I was lost mostly because I had lost a big part of me. I couldn't get that big part and it has made me stone-cold."

"Alright, I understand." He spoke softly, staring into his teary eyes. "For the sake of you mother. Do it for her. I am sure that she wouldn't want you messing your life or losing it. A mother is golden, and she wants what's best for her child. A mother is someone willing to forgive her child even when astray. Life is better when you're with your loved ones. I promise that you'll get all the love you want. Just put the gun down, Jayden, please!"

The grief surged with every expelled breath, always reaching higher peaks, never sufficiently soothed by his long intake of the air in the room. Tears began to spill from his helpless eyes, running down his cheeks. He could feel something rising inside of him. And when Eric reached to him and touched his hand, he felt like someone had begun tending to his wounds. He was being gentle.

"Leave me!" He cried. "Please!"

"I wanna help you!" He said softly. "Please, let me help you."

"And why would you wanna help me? I tried to have your husband killed." He chuckled in his tears. "I have done so many horrible things. I... I..."

"Because I understand you, Jayden." He smiled. "You don't need to waste your life anymore because of someone that doesn't probably deserve it. But to error is to human and to forgive is divine. Your mother gave her life just so that you could have a better one. Don't deprive yourself of love. Please!"

He started getting closer, trying to get the gun from him.

"No!" Jayden cried at the top of his voice.

The next thing, Jayden pushed him out of the way furiously. Luckily, Sergio got him and held him tighter. Before he could even process what had happened, the gun went off with a reverberating bang and Kim's deafening cry.

Eric quickly turned to find a shocker. Kim was lying on the floor in a pool of her own blood with a bullet hole on her chest. She was dead, staring at Jayden like she was haunting him. Everyone else was on the floor in fear, trembling for their lives.

Eric's hands trembled and his eyes watered as he slowly and robotically moved his gaze to Jayden. But something was wrong, and it was anything but good. Jayden stood there with his gun pointed into the air, upwards. It was as if Eric's mind was playing tricks on him.

He watched as Jayden stumbled back and stared down at the red blossoming at his abdomen before he fell to his knees in shock. He clutched at his bleeding wound, his gun clattering to the floor.

Eric's breaths quickened as he looked at Kim once again, but she was alright. She was quivering on the floor but she was unharmed. That was when he realized that Jayden hadn't shot at her, but he had shot into the air. And one of Eric's men had taken quick action and shot him. He covered his mouth in shock, rushing to the man before he could fall to the floor.

He held him in his arms, and his hands became bloody.

"Oh my God!" He cried, trying to apply pressure on the wound. "Jayden, I am so sorry. I... I had... please, call an ambulance!" He yelled. "Call an ambulance, please!"

Giada could feel the sweat drench her skin, the throbbing of her own eyes, the ringing screams vibrating in her ears, and the thumping of her heart against her chest. Her fingers had curled into a fist, long nails digging into her palm. She knew our chances had become very slim because her ally had been shot. There was no escape and she knew she needed to think of something very quick.

"Please, call an ambulance!" He asked even as his clothes got covered in Jayden's blood. "I... I..."

"Why?" Jayden's voice was very low.

He felt breathless, that feeling of tiredness and lethargy. He could feel the wound draining his life force, and he knew it wasn't gonna be long before death came calling.

"I... I've wronged you. I've tried to kill you... and... and your family. Why do you care so much?" His voice was barely above a whisper. "I... I don't..."

"You'll be alright!" He sobbed, wrapping his arms around him. "Just hold on a little longer. They'll be here."

"I have done so many sins. Please, let me die!" He pleaded. "I can't repent for it in my life. Just... let me die. This will be my punishment and penance."

"No!"

Eric held him closer and just sobbed softly. He didn't want him to die just like that. He deserved to live because what was done was an injustice. He could tell the man was losing blood quickly and there was nothing that he could do. He just prayed for the ambulance to arrive quickly.

"Enough!" A voice echoed throughout the room.

Eric slowly raised his head and was taken aback when he saw Giada with her arm around a waiter's neck with her gun pointed at her head. Her fingers trembled on that trigger and she looked so fearless, but Eric just stared at her without saying anything. He felt so mad.

And on the other hand, Trevor had his arm around Sergio's neck with his gun on his head. Both of them looked ready to shoot.

"You know what Eric?" She chuckled bitterly, giving an evil grin. "You're too cunning for words. You seem to think you can defeat me just like that. But you seem to be also forgetting that I am Giada Sandoval, the iron lady of this city. I cannot be brought down so easily."

Every time Giada opened her mouth, Eric got angry. Every word stung, only fuelling the fire that burned inside of him. He slowly began letting go of Jayden, his fists began to clench and his jaw rooted.

"Until when will you stop?" Laurel roared, shaking her head. "You don't give up, do you? It's all over and..."

"Shut up, whore!" She barked, her jaws shaking. "You're the cause of all of this. If I were you, I wouldn't be so joyous because Giada Sandoval is not going anywhere. I am the iron lady."

"Stop all this nonsense!" Eric seethed, staring into her eyes. "Your game is all over. Your selfishness has destroyed all of us. Because of that, you killed the man you've always claimed to love. You killed my father!"

"Haha ha..." She laughed at the top of her lungs and then began chirping, showing a pitiful face. "That should be the foundation of telling you what I am capable of. If I was able to murder a man I have loved more than anything, think about what I would do to someone that I don't give a fuck about."

"Your stupid games are over?" Sergio said harshly, trying to free himself. But Trevor had a tight grip on him. "You're not getting out of here alive. Eric, order your men to shoot them."

"Go ahead, if you think one of your men will be able to kill me faster than I can put a bullet in your husband's head," Trevor shouted venomously. He was staring at Eric, smiling in satisfaction. "So what's it gonna be, little brother? Should I put a fucking hole in his head?"

Eric remained quiet, his fists trembling in rage.

"I didn't think so." He laughed. "Now, my mother and I are gonna get the fuck out of here and no one will follow us. If any of you do, then I can assure you that you'll lose your sweet-sweet husband."

"Don't worry about me!" Sergio groaned. "I will be just fine!"

"Shut up!" Trevor seethed. "Tell your men to drop their guns and move out of our way. Now!" He barked.

Eric gave Trevor a long angry look before he raised his hand. All his men dropped their guns to the floor and moved away. They went at a distance and lay on the floor. Fortunately, Giada's men were bounded so they couldn't move.

Giada gave a sinister laugh. "It's a pity that even when you have the upper hand, you still can't defeat me. Guess, what they say is true. When you're smart, not even the strongest can defeat you. We had a fun time together, Eric. But it all has to come to an end. Don't know when next we'll see each other, but goodbye."

They started dragging Sergio and the woman out of there forcefully while Eric watched without doing anything. God knows the amount of hatred that he had in his heart. He wanted to hurt Giada in the worst way possible. He watched as Giada and Trevor escaped from the building while laughing.

"Eric?" Laurel rushed to him with fear on her face. "They've abducted Sergio. What are we gonna do?"

Eric looked at his mother without any expression on his face. "Take care of Jayden, and make sure he survives, mommy."

Laurel nodded, and carefully applied pressure on Jayden's wound. The man was unconscious, but he was still alive. "And where are you going?"

He got up, clenching his fists. "I am going to finish this myself, mommy." He said with a voice that Laurel couldn't recognize. She had never heard him speak like that before. "I have had about enough of Giada to last me for a lifetime."

"No!" Laurel shook her head. "Let the police handle this. Please, I cannot lose you again."

"You won't lose me this time, because I don't plan on losing."

He started heading out as fast as he could, cocking his gun. It was on!

***

Giada and Trevor reached the car park with their captives held closer to them. They had to be careful as they didn't wanna get any surprises. Luckily, they hadn't met any surprises on their way to the car park. Now all they needed was to go into hiding, probably get out of the country.

"We need to get out of here fast," Giada said abruptly, hitting the woman she was holding on the shoulder. She cried out in pain. "If we delay any longer, then they'll catch us. I am sure that the bitch has already called the police."

"You think you're gonna escape?" Sergio laughed, grinning at Giada. "Your game is over. There's no escape for you. Just give yourselves and..."

"Shut up! In case you haven't noticed, we've already won." She laughed. "It's only a matter of time before you finally realize it, and accept it. We cannot be defeated."

"That's what you think? But look around you, there's no escape."

"Oh really?" She looked at her son and her face got stern. "We cannot risk it by taking a car. We need a chopper. I'll call my men, and they'll be here as soon as possible. That way, nobody will ever find us."

She took her phone and called one of her henchmen.

"The chopper will be here in five minutes." She chuckled happily. "But we need to go to the site where it will land. We have got limited time. After it arrives, we'll not need these two. We'll get rid of them."

"What?" Trevor gasped, shaking his head. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean? I am not leaving Sergio for anything. Do you understand? I am leaving with him."

"Are you insane?" She snapped, shaking her head angrily. "Do you want us to get into more trouble? That man will only bring us trouble. If we take him, Eric will never stop hunting us, and it will only be a matter of time before he finds us. Our best chance..."

"I don't care!" Trevor got so mad. He was acting insane. He even gripped harder onto Sergio. "I am not leaving the love of my life here. Sergio is the reason why I enjoyed this entire madness and if I can't have him, then it will be for nothing."

"Trev, do you understand what you're saying?"

"I am not leaving him!" He seethed, clenching his teeth.

Then he did something even insane. He hit Sergio on the head with the butt of his gun, knocking him out of consciousness. He held him in his arms, watching as his mother's face got blank. He could tell she was mad.