Game of Love Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He pushed his bare hands roughly against the rough surface of the coffin but it was all in vain. It just stood stubbornly in its place. A shudder ran through him. He was trapped, confined within the walls of the coffin. He felt claustrophobic.

Lack of breath was felt through his body, that feeling of tiredness and lethargy. For as his lungs worked to bring in the much-needed oxygen, even then he felt as if he was drowning in the air. The only way to feel better was to get fresh air but he couldn't.

He realized he couldn't do anything so he just cried. He turned on his stomach and started thinking of something. He felt sleepy, and he knew that death was gonna be knocking soon. But suddenly, Eric touched the side of the coffin where his head was and realized that there was some water slowly entering. He had to do something.

He clenched his fist as hard as he could and then thrust, hitting on the wall of the coffin. It hurt, and he winced but he didn't wanna give up. He rained blows on the coffin wall, so much force in every blow. He could tell that he had begun bleeding but he didn't stop.

Suddenly, with a fatal punch, the plank broke and the water and dump soil began flowing inside fast. Eric quickly used his hands to make a hole large enough and worked his way out. Lucky for him, the grave had been short and the water made things easy for him.

Eventually, when he got out, he realized that it was raining heavily. He was muddy, dirty, and powerless. He took a deep breath and it felt like something had gotten his entire energy. He was coughing profusely with each breath he took. He began crawling but it wasn't helping him.

Then his vision blurred, everything became fuzzy and then he saw nothing. He felt his body drained away until finally, all was black.

***

Present-day...

*

"A poor couple found me there hours later, and they took me to their village." He continued. "The impact from the accident and the shock made me pass out for over 24 hours. When I finally woke up, I found out about all the chaos you had caused. It's a good thing they didn't inform anyone because they were scared for my life. I stayed with them for over three days, healing from all the wounds you had inflicted on me."

Giada's eyes were widened at the story that Eric had told her. Everyone was getting nearer and the cameras were still rolling.

"Don't look so shocked, Giada." He teased, raising an eyebrow. "You played your game very well. I only played it better. But now, you've got to realize who rules and who follows. When it comes to games, I am a pro. You may have won the battle, but you've lost the war."

"No!" Giada shook her head, tears welling in her eyes. "You cannot be alive. You are dead, no!"

"How blind can you be?" He chirped. "I thought the great Giada was smarter and knew everything. I am back now and I am taking back everything. You've got to realize that black is out and gold is in. And just like gold, I am indestructible."

He gave an evil grin before turning his attention to Trevor who was still holding on to Sergio's arm.

"And if you don't mind, I would like to have my husband back."

Sergio didn't need to be told twice. He furiously moved Trevor's arm away, surprising him to the core. He slowly walked to Erick, stood in front of him, and then gripped his wait. Both of them smiled at each other before he pulled him in, claiming his mouth, hungry and intense. Trevor felt like death had started calling for him. Streams of tears ran down his face, and no matter what he did, they wouldn't stop.

The kissing couple pulled away, smiling at each other.

"You've got no idea how much I have missed you." Sergio moaned as a tear of joy rolled down his cheek. "I am glad you're here."

"You thought I wouldn't be here?" Eric said softly, rubbing his husband's tear. "I told you that you are mine, and always will be. Thanks for never giving up on me, and for following my plan even when I knew how hurt you were. I love you so much."

Emotions came to Kim's mind like the waves meeting the land. She cried softly as she watched her son holding his husband. Never once did she cry in front of so many people, but she did.

"What?" Trevor's voice was barely above a whisper. "What are you... no! Sergio, you knew that he was alive?"

"Of course," Sergio chuckled. "I found out that he was alive over a week ago."

***

Sometime back...

*

"Why don't you go ahead and pull the trigger?" Sergio yelled at the masked man on the hill. "Fucking kill me right now. After all, I have nothing to live for. My husband, my life is gone and isn't coming back. You'll do me a great favor by killing me. Just kill me!"

He dropped to the ground, his hands hitting on the solid ground. He didn't care about the pain. He cried, not even the way he had cried when his father died. This one was very different, more intense and heartbreaking.

He cried at the top of his lungs. But, suddenly he felt arms wrapping around him slowly and lovingly. He quickly raised his head to get the shocking surprise of his life. He was dumbstruck, and he kept on staring at the boy in front of him like he'd grown another head. It was Eric, his Eric. He was right there with him, staring into his eyes lovingly while fighting his tears.

"Eri... Eric..." He sobbed uncontrollably, feeling like someone was pulling on his heart. "Am I dead?"

"No!" Eric shook his head, rubbing his husband's face. "I am here, I came to see just like I promised. I am sorry that I had to scare you, my love." He cupped Sergio's face, kissing all over. "I am so sorry. I... I just had to be careful because it's no longer safe."

"I knew it!" He cried, kissing Eric's lips severally. "I knew you were still alive. I knew that you would come back to me."

He gripped him into a tight hug and the both of them cried like babies. They were emotional.

*

"What?" Sergio roared, clenching his fists. "I am gonna kill them all, I swear. I am gonna kill them for even touching you."

Eric had just been from telling Sergio about what had happened to him, and now he was furious. He held Eric's hand tightly, staring into his face. "It is time to end this, Eric! It is time to make sure that I send them to hell."

"No!" Eric furiously released his hand. "I cannot come back home, not yet! It's better if they think that I am dead, Sergio."

"What?" Sergio was now mad at Eric. "What the fuck are you telling me? Are you afraid of Giada, and her crew now? If you're afraid, I am not. I vowed to protect you and..."

"No, my love!" Eric pleaded, taking his husband's hand. "That's not it. You know I can take care of Giada, but it's the other one I am worried about. He's a very dangerous man, and won't hesitate to harm anyone. He's gotten hold of some of your properties, and that makes him very dangerous."

"I don't care. He tried to kill you, and..."

"I know that." Eric sighed. "But I am here, aren't I? This man is not only dangerous, but he's been doing some shady business. He with Giada and Trevor makes them a very dangerous trio. And..." He paused and looked at his husband. "... he's telling the truth. He is your father's son, and that makes him your brother."

"You think I care about that?"

"Please?" He put his hands together. "I've got a plan. I'll find a way for you to hold at least 51% of all the shares. That will give you control of your companies again. To beat them, we need to play their game. Only this time, I'll decide how it goes."

"Eric, I can't do that. Those motherfuckers need to be behind bars."

"They will!" He reassured. "Just do this for me. I am alive, and as long as you're with me, we'll win this. Please?"

Sergio sighed, combing his hair with his fingers. "Alright, I will do it. But... what about mom? She's been suffering a lot. At least, show yourself to her because she's not taken the news of your death too well."

"I will show myself to my mother." He promised, smiling sheepishly. "But... there's something important you need to know about your mother."

"My mom?" He frowned. "What is it?"

Eric didn't know how to start telling him because he knew that it was gonna hurt him.

***

Present-day...

*

The scene was quite unbelievable, shocking really. Kim's mind was sent reeling, unable to comprehend or process the images that started forming in her mind. She looked away, then looked back to find Eric staring at her with pitiful eyes. Tears rolled down her cheeks, and she didn't even bother rubbing them. Only God knows what the people were saying about her, worse, what her son thought of her. Now she knew why he cried the way he did that night he had come back home. It was because he found out the truth.

"I know the news was sudden, and it hurt Sergio." He said softly. "But my husband had to find out one way or another. He's known all this time, and has lived with the pain."

He felt terrible and wanted to hug her. But before he could do anything, Jayden started laughing hysterically, clapping as he got near the boy. He had that evil look on his face that no one had seen before.

"And what do you think?" He shrugged. "That your coming here will change anything? That your little resurrection scares me? You have no idea what the hell you're dealing with, little boy." He barked, letting the fear shake off him. "I am Jayden Alvarado, and you've got no idea what I am capable of."

"Of course," Eric sighed, rubbing his temple while he smiled. "How could I forget the man that buried me alive? I never forgot your face, it's not like it's easy to forget that face. But we're all in the same situation. You don't know me either, so if I were you I would be very scared."

As soon as he finished saying that, Giada burst into laughter like she was going insane. She laughed so hard that everyone thought she was going insane. Her fear came off together with that laughter. She walked confidently towards Eric and jotted her hip, crossing her arm.

"It's amazing to see you, Eric. Your little resurrection is surprising, and I am quite impressed." She clapped, chirping at him. "But you're a little too late. It's all over because you've lost everything. You've lost your husband, your wealth, and very soon your little power. Sergio knows exactly what I am talking about." She glanced at him with an evil grin. "He's got no choice but to marry my son, and the two of them will live happily ever after. So you see..." She gave mocking sympathy. "...it doesn't matter if you're dead or alive. It's all over."

Eric lost the smile on his face, staring at her with such anger that she laughed her lungs out. Even Trevor was now smiling because he knew Sergio was his.

"If I were you, I'd go back to being dead because no one needs you here." She barked. "I would have offered poison but it's better if you jump off a bridge."

Eric looked mad. But then all of a sudden, he gave an evil grin to match Giada's, but maybe even more. Then he snapped his finger, and one of his men handed him a document. He carefully opened it, glancing at Giada while he did. Then he got closer, raised it closer to her face, and just smiled.

As soon as Giada set her eyes on the document, the panic started as thin cellophane, something her fingers could pierce breathing holes in. She grabbed the document from him, her eyes widening. In another second, the panic was a deluge of ice water surrounding every limb, creeping higher until it passed her mouth and nose. That was when the attack became absolute, shutting down her body as fast as punching a biochemical reset button.

"B-b-but, that's impossible!" Her sweat was dripping like water had been poured on her. "No!"

Her gang rushed to her and their panic was even worse, especially Jayden. They glared at Eric who was just grinning at them as he'd just won a lottery.

"This is bullshit!" Jayden ripped the document to shreds, sounding like a mad man. "This can't be. It's a lie because all the properties are mine. They belong to me. They are my father's and Sergio transferred all of them to me..."

"That's not what the documents say." Eric shrugged. "How could Sergio have transferred the wealth to you when it doesn't belong to him? All the Alvarado wealth belongs to me because my husband transferred everything into my name." He barked. "I am the sole owner of every one of the Alvarado wealth!"

"That can't be!" Giada muttered, shaking her head. "This boy is lying. Kim signed off her wealth to Jayden and..."

"Yes, she did, and for a short while, it belonged to him. You really should be careful what you sign." He winked, chirping at them. "I knew how desperate you are and I could predict your next move. You see, when you signed off the partnership with Liberty shoes, you didn't get in. But rather, Jayden signed off his wealth into my name."

Jayden felt his strength completely leave him. He had lost it all, his wealth, his company, and now his influence.

"I knew you were gonna blackmail my husband so I had him transfer all the Alvarado wealth in my name. So..." He teased, winking at Giada. "... I've been running this game since the very first time. I've been so close to you and yet you didn't even realize it. I warned Giada, but you didn't listen."

Giada turned, but too slowly to be normal. She glared at David and he just smiled, crossing his arms on his chest. She had been fooled, it was all a lie. She was looking busted and she needed to get out of there.

"Oh, come on, don't look so shocked." He teased, wearing his serious face. "I have a surprise for you to thank you for what you've done for me."

He snapped his fingers and the whole place went dark. But suddenly, a screen projected on a huge wall getting everyone's attention.

The video started playing, and it showed a very big warehouse and in there were contrabands, guns, illegal drugs and all sorts of things. There was another room were teenagers, both boys, and girls that were tied up and gagged, packed up like chickens. They looked really scared and most of them were crying.

The video jumped to what seemed like a trade at a harbor. Kids were being forced into a container that was on a ship. In that video was a man and a woman that turned to be Jayden and Giada shaking their hands with a dangerous-looking man that gave them a very big bag.

The video then jumped to a terrorist attack that had happened back in Bangkok in which several people were killed and a whole lot of money was stolen from a bank. The video showed terrorists coming out of the building and shooting civilians. Then it and showed off Eric smiling and dressed smartly in a white suit looking smart.

'I know all of you are probably surprised to see me alive and unharmed.' He spoke. 'But I am alive, and I have very important news to tell you. All of us have seen the video and have seen the great evil that's been happening in our city, right under our noses.

We all know the self-proclaimed city queen, Giada Sandoval, and Mr. Alvarado's prodigal son. What you've seen here isn't a lie, but the truth. These two have been involved in human trafficking, drug trafficking, and a whole lot of horrendous crimes.

All of us heard of the massacre that happened in Bangkok by a terrorist group, the red devils. Some of our friends and family members lost their lives on that horrible day. The red devils soon were caught, tried, and sentenced to death by shooting. We all thought that we'd never get to hear of them again.

But right now, in our city, a terrorist group has slowly been formed. This is being done by none other than Giada Sandoval, Trevor Sandoval, and unfortunately, one of the red dragon members escaped his sentence and is slowly trying to recreate that nightmare in our city. This is none other than, Jayden Alvarado."

Jayden felt a hair move and he gulped. "Stop it!" He yelled. "Stop this nonsense."

The video stopped and the lights were back on. Everyone in there was talking among themselves, staring at the trio like the devils that they were. Giada was being haunted by her past, and she didn't know how to escape that.

"It's all over for you three," Laurel said harshly, moving furiously closer to Giada. "You all are gonna go away for a very long time, and that's a promise. For all the pain, the insult, and the deaths you're gonna pay. And Giada, I'll make sure you rot behind bars."

"You shall get what's coming for you, Jayden."

"No!" Jayden yelled, shaking his head. "I am not going anywhere. I cannot rot behind bars and..."

"I've already given the evidence to the police." He shrugged. "They'll be here any minute from now to take you to your new home."

Trevor rushed to Sergio, gripping his arm. But the man furiously moved away from him. Trevor grabbed him and brought him closer.

"Tell him to stop this nonsense!" They were gazing at each other. "Don't forget our deal earlier, Sergio. I still have your sister in my custody. If he manages to mess things up, I'll order my men to kill her, and I am not joking. You're gonna marry me and nothing will stop this wedding. Am I understood?" He said hoarsely.

"Wow, you don't give up. Do you?" Eric chuckled. "I like your spirit, Trevor. I love it, but I am smarter than you. My husband will not marry you as long as I am alive. And in case you don't understand, it's all over."

"It's not!" Trevor barked, breathing like a labor man. "Sergio is mine and he'll always belong to me. He knows exactly what's going to happen once he disobeys me."

Eric shook his head and just smiled. "Look over there!" He gestured.

Trevor rolled his eyes and looked in the direction where Eric was gesturing. The moment he did, he felt like someone had stabbed him in the chest. The truth hit him. Adrianna was coming inside and she was dressed beautifully in a red dress, staring at him like she wanted to kill him. She was with Steve who held her closer.

Adrianna's presence alone hung like a threatening hail-cloud over the sprouting harvest of her peace of mind. Darkness washed over Trevor and his crew, sending another chill down their spine. They knew their chances of survival and escaping had become extremely slim.

Even as Kim cried like a baby when she saw her daughter and rushed to her, they just watched silently with tears in their eyes. Kim hugged her daughter tightly, kissing her all over the face and crying at the top of her lungs.

"No!" Jayden screamed.

He furiously grabbed a bottle from the table nearby and pointed it angrily at Eric, breathing harshly. He was ready to go down but he was gonna take Eric with him. Sergio tried to shield Eric but Eric couldn't let him.

"No!" He barked, his mouth trembling in anger. "I will not let you do this to me. No! Not after everything that I've been through. This is supposed to be my happy ever after. You cannot just come out here and ruin it for me. I'll kill you!"

Eric's hands reached forward quickly and grabbed his hand, pulling him furiously. Before the man realized what was going on, he was heading for the floor. He fell with a thud, feeling the impact of the fall all over his body. Everyone gasped, holding their mouths. None of them had expected Eric to do that. Even Giada was beyond shocked. She had seen Jayden in action and he wasn't that weak.

Burning rage hissed through Eric like deathly poison, screeching a demanded release in form of unwanted violence. Jayden was at his feet and he loved it.

"Don't think that just because you were a member of a terrorist group makes me tremble." He hissed, pointing angrily at him. "Now you're at my feet and the last thing you wanna do is piss me off. I haven't forgotten that you tried to hurt my family, you blackmailed my mother-in-law into poisoning me just to protect her son and her secret. And most importantly, I haven't forgotten that you are the same man that tried to have my husband killed just a few days back. You kidnapped Adrianna and you..." He paused and angrily glared at Trevor. "...you didn't even hesitate to pull a trigger on a young boy."

1...678910...12