All Comments on 'Gaming: D&D Pt. 02'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
DrizdartDrizdartover 6 years ago
Catching a moment

with all the appropriate details -- school, awkward teens, D & D, people lacing the punch and not being noticed ... all good.

Gozzy64Gozzy64over 6 years ago
Noooo!

Both Deborah and Danny are gone?!?!? Say it isn't so!! šŸ˜­

That's kinda shallow of them btw...I guess his friendship wasn't worth much to them anyways. šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

jwbailey00jwbailey00over 6 years ago

It was a good chapter but the dreams don't seem to add much to the story, they're kind of distracting and I think the story would be better without them

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Loved It

Great story. You captured the crazy mixed up emotions that we all experience in our teens. I could relate to the embarassed throwing up and guilt. We swing so easily of thoughts of romantic love to lust to crushes during those years. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Hope there is more

Nice story I hope more comes soon I canā€™t wait šŸ‘šŸ‘

LevelTUV2LevelTUV2over 6 years ago
Wonderful Progress

It's nice to have found another amazing story to follow. After Gamers finished last year, i haven't really been able to get into any new series since. Keep up the fantastic work and keep my emotions rolling.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Can't wait.. when is the next part being published.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

That was a savagely abrupt conclusion. I guess you are from the ā€˜pull it off quickā€™ school of band aid removal.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Ummm

What's a laneway?

High school girls can be flight and irrational, but I don't think it's realistic that Nate would be blamed by both girls. Unless he did something terrible such as date rape.

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingabout 6 years agoAuthor
Reply to Umm

Laneway = driveway

My stories are works of fiction, but I do borrow episodes from my own experience, or that of others. Often I will tweak them, or turn them upside down. But the event which you describe as unrealistic ... actually happened.

Truth is stranger than fiction. The two girls involved weren't irrational at all. They were best friends, and both were close friends of Nate's. They both flirted with the idea of a romantic relationship with him. But when it actually happened, they discovered that they couldn't do it. For one girl to 'have' Nate, the other would have to give him up. 'Danny' couldn't do that, and was angry to be put in that position. For 'Deborah', her friendship with Danny was more important to her than a romance with Nate.

They weren't about to share him (lovely male fantasy though it is). The options were that one girl got him - or neither.

Since their own friendship was the most important thing to them, they chose the latter. Quite rational, I would say.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

a surprising twist at the end. good writing. thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Whiplash

The ending to this chapter gave me whiplash. So the girls are besties, ok. But they were becoming close friends with Ian as well. Nate makes a choice that the girls have a typical "girl" response to blaming him...but they drop Ian as well!? And where did that come from anyway. Everyone is happy and bonding then out of the clear, blue sky disaster. It was more like a car wreck at 55mph then a result of a decision.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

That's a rough end to the chapter. Ugh. I guess Nate got too greedy. With his original plan he may have been ok if he took it slow.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Like so many of those long-ago D&D gaming sessions, I kept reading instead of stopping and going to bed when I plannedā€¦.

.

The dreams are very effective at highlighting the gaming characters while showing Ianā€™s inner feelings. I like how his friendship with Par is progressing and the events at the prom are reminders of a completely different but equally embarrassing prom disaster. That Ian was able to work through it was good and promises a continuing friendship and possibly more in the future. Then thereā€™s poor Nate; he made a choice and got burned, but such is life as a teenager. So many plans come to some degree of fruition but end up going down in flames. Itā€™s a shame that it affected Ian too, but maybe things will change as the story progresses.

.

In summary, Iā€™m really enjoying this story and its reminders of times and games long past.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good writing. I'm was hoping for a little less slice of life/coming of age and a little more fantasy. But nice, sweet sincere writing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...