All Comments on 'Garter Belts and Whiskey'

by ElectricBlue

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
ArediaArediaover 3 years ago

Nice! Lots of scope for continuation - please exercise it! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Exquisite!

It takes me to a place and time far from 'the here and now'; garter belts and whiskey were the norm and encounters like this were done in dark rooms, behind closed doors. Today, I'm traditionally thankful for writers like you, who haven't forgotten the recipe for recreating what once was romance with a sinfully naughty flavor.

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterover 3 years ago
Stunning

Common and exquisite all at once.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Read like a dream, seems like it should be part of a long series... is it?

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 3 years agoAuthor

To answer the Anon above - most of my stories in the last three years or so are interconnected in one way or another, and many continue on in various ways. For example, I have started a story with Lizzie as the central character, who gets led... astray... by Adam and Ruby.

This is the second Adam and Ruby story.

avl69avl69over 3 years ago
Glad Ruby is Back

Like before, you have captured my most intense fetish’s...smoking, tight pulled back hair, long red nails and coordinated lipstick. She is treasure...cannot wait to read more of her erotic adventures. Thank you.

JackobinJackobinover 3 years ago
Exquisite!

I see that I missed the first story in this pair. I better attend to that.

RangeExpanderRangeExpanderover 2 years ago

So utterly lovely, so detailed, so patient, so hot! Thank you for sharing this wonderful story, the mixing of softness and hardness really wonderful.

yarnspinnerryarnspinnerrabout 2 years ago

Again, so well done.

I'm glad I went to the beginning to start, I have a good grasp of the characters now, so I can move on to the next chapter ;->

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Slick and thick and hot and oh! so sexy - thanks

stockingnutstockingnutover 1 year ago

So hot! I love the stockings!

thewinedarkseathewinedarkseaover 1 year ago

A little bit of magic in this one. You have the gift. I read your stories and everything is there, real-life, breathing. Great work as always.

DeLaFayeDeLaFayeabout 1 year ago

Props be damned, I could use a cigarette after that. 🥵 (And I haven't smoked since college!)

I love these two. They feel so desperately human. I'm very jealous of them. I can't wait to explore more of their sumptuous relationship. Although I will, because your stories have a lovely way of filling the mind for a good long while.

Paul4playPaul4playabout 1 year ago

Excellent!

Erotic and pleasurable. Great tempo and intimacy.

StacnashStacnash9 months ago

There’s a lot to like here, it’s one of the most interesting stories I’ve read as there’s a lot going on.

.

Ruby’s a sensational character and every word she spills carries wicked intent. I thought the beginning was terrific as there was plenty of personality from the off, while it felt to me like Ruby had just the right aura for what was to come. After you’d set the scene, I could see myself sitting at a table outside that café, breaking my neck trying to catch a glimpse of the outrageously confident Ruby. Meanwhile, there’s a smoothness to the way you wrote the opening that heightened my anticipation.

.

What I found unusual was the way that Ruby stood out. Clearly, you never employed an ensemble of characters, so Ruby had to do some heavy lifting to keep the reader engaged. But I felt like when they got to Ruby’s apartment, the emergence of her contemplative side, which culminated in talk of reflections and an impromptu dance, veered into the territory of a performance piece. It’s difficult because I normally adore that in a strong female character, I just think it was hard for Ruby and Adam to demonstrate chemistry when Ruby was on the verge of auditioning for a role in an off-Broadway production. I felt like Ruby controlled her interactions with a little too much theatricality.

.

When you used the line “I was in the room, but as when she smoked, I wasn't there, she didn't need me.” – that encapsulated how I felt about Ruby and Adam. She became a performer and he wasn’t needed. It made me feel like the reader wasn’t needed here either as Ruby’s theatricality was creating a barrier around her that made it harder to connect with her.

.

In saying that, this was really well written in places. When you wrote “There's something pure about the image of a girl at the barre, that flexibility and at the same time, focus.” – I thought that was splendid writing and there were other examples throughout that were equally impressive.

.

However, your use of “cunt” started to become grating as you became more reliant on it towards the end. As for “She wore lacy white knickers that matched the bra” – any talk of “knickers” just aged Ruby by about 15 years in my mind, and you used that description twice in quick succession. You’d established Ruby as a goddess in my mind, so it’s reasonable to expect her to be presented accordingly.

.

Towards the end, I felt you started to lose momentum. When you wrote “…the exquisite fuck of my brain fighting the simple animal crudity of my body.” – I sat back and shook my head as that was bad writing at an important moment in the story. Just looking at it now is enough to make me flinch. I also think you went overboard with the butter. When you wrote “A ceremony could not have been better arranged.” – Young people just use plugs, especially when the encounter is clearly premeditated like Ruby's. I also thought that we got a lot of description, but we didn’t get enough concerning Ruby’s figure, which ties into my concern about her wearing “knickers”. Ruby went from a younger goddess in my mind to a 49-year-old divorcée going through a crisis the further I read.

.

I’d say the sex scene was good, but I felt myself getting a little bored by it, which I think was caused by pacing issues. When Ruby thanked God that Adam was a patient man, she should’ve extended that thanks to the reader as well. I’m a huge fan of the tease, but the sex itself was laborious at times, which made the physical pay-off more frustrating.

.

When it comes to rating this, I didn’t find it obvious or easy. But it’s safe to say that the positives outweigh the negatives. I think the strengths of Ruby’s character elevate the overall quality and I’m certain that I’ll remember her a year from now. That’s not nothing and memorable characters are worth their weight in gold. I also thought there were some moments of brilliance here.

.

74/100. ⭐⭐⭐⭐

AG31AG316 months ago

"I didn't ask Ruby about her life, she didn't ask me about mine." One of the reasons I've like all your stories so far.

This one read like a good story in The New Yorker... Except, of course, for the explicit sex.

A total pleasure!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userElectricBlue@ElectricBlue
663 Followers
A writer of mostly urban erotica, with more café scenes than a classic French movie; occasional departures to more fantastic worlds, off planet and on.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES