All Comments on 'Generation Conversations'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 106 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

For some reason that I can't quite figure out there It is quite a number of loving wives authors out there who seem to love doing stories about me.

.

To date I Have been in at least 10 different LW stories . The thing is I've been posting here for about 20 years or maybe a little longer ....you would think after all this time one of these loving wives authors might get a clue about how I operate how I think how I interact with the world.

.

The fact that I get all the attention and I seem to be some kind of enigma to the loving wives authors is Kind of weird.

lujon2019lujon2019over 1 year ago

It's sad that many of these newer authors are getting hammered as badly as they are.

/

/

New author rule #6

USE THE PROPER TAGS

as in if you are writing a cuck story use the cuck tag

or if you are writing a story where in two men have sex use the gay tag

it really not that hard to NOT lie about the stories you write

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

One star for the stupid note.

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Loved the story. But the narcissistic pissed of authorial tirade at the end was frankly just painfully embarrassing….

3 stars for what normally have been a very creative 5 star effort. I would suggest some serious anger management efforts before your next authorial effort….

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

It seems pretty obvious to me that this story was a just an the excuse to go after ME. Or complaining about me in some fashion.

.

Author here you are complaining about How out of control I am while YOU write a whole story which is simply a facade so you can make comments about me..?

.

Hypocrite much?

.

Author you seem like a semi intelligent person. So let me try and explain this using small words for people like you. When I wrote my 6 rules I'm talking about MY rules.. I'm not sure why you think that these 6 rules should apply to anybody else. I never said anything of the kind kind..

.

My rules are my rules. They don't apply to anybody else and I don't think they should apply to anybody else. Why does my 6 rules bother you so much?

If anything you should be happy about them.

.

Even somebody like you who seems to be well kind of obtuse ....noticed that there have been several stories that you've written where I have given you very positive comments. I consider you to be a serious author or at least somebody who's trying to become one and I think you have a lot of talent. But my 6 rules are simply the criteria that I use in judging the story.

.

In no way do I ever even hint that I think my 6 rules should be some sort of grand criteria that everybody else should use. Where do you get that from?

.

Under what basis or reasoning did you use to conclude that I think my 6 rules should be forced upon everybody else in the loving wise category?

.

I mean were you drunk or just playing brain dead when you started writing this diatribe about my 6 rules?

.

I can send you some links or some books or courses or courses regarding critical thinking. I think that such books were online classes would help you quite a bit

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Liked the twist at the end! Also, liked your new author rules. You seemed to hit the nail on the head. Authors I follow always get a 5 or 4 even if I don't leave constructive criticism.

5

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

Pretty good twist and pretty good story. You did an excellent job of nailing Harry I’m Vagina too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Angry much? That was quite a diatribe! Probably some truth to it. Including it should certainly bring all the trolls out from under their bridges and get you some equally nasty comments. The story itself was fun although I would have liked to hear more about what happened to John. Cheers! Be sure to duck to avoid all the slings and arrows!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ah ah.

Schoolyard fight.

Two-way lesson giver.

Ridiculous.

Not one smarter than the other.

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

I gave you 5 stars. A large part of that score was your encouragement to new writers. I am not a writer as my imagination is almost non existent so when I comment I try to be positive, even when I don't like the content of the story. That is particularly true when the writing quality is good. Please keep posting as I generally like your writing and the content of your stories.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
Found it

Interesting, well written and a Interesting story. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So lying and cheating got her no respect nor reward.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lol...

The Afterword was better than the story...))

blue66blue66over 1 year ago

Liked the story but loved your section on readers comments. I sometimes will over score a story that has obviously been marked with one's just because it mentions 'cucks'.

BoxerR100BoxerR100over 1 year ago

This is the best explanation from an author that I have ever read. Thank you for taking the time to put this out there. I am a long time reader on this site. I understand that not all of it will be good, but more often than not there is some good writers, putting out good stories. Thank you for sharing your talent.

Karn9Karn9over 1 year ago

Very good BTB story with a few laughs along the way. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ireally liked the ending but I did find it hard to keep up when you changed to one year later, but I did eventually understand that Amber was now narrating the story. Good luck with your naysayers but this is your story and as they say "suck it up" its mine.

sexymeupsexymeupover 1 year ago

no sex in the story only amber said she took one up the ass at end of the story, one star.

sexymeupsexymeupover 1 year ago

no sex in the story only amber said she took one up the ass at end of the story, one star.

LWLover60LWLover60over 1 year ago

Hard to say whether I liked the story or the comments the most!

Karn9Karn9over 1 year ago

Very good story, with a few laughs along the way. 4*

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

How could he be with her all that time before he noticed that she was a self-centered bitch? But, a good story because she loses out in the end. D

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

If you only knew lol.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A bit too choppy to easily follow. Still, have to love a BTB story!

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Most of this place is performance art and theater. Your presumptions are amusing. :)

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

Oh, you do get 5 stars for the snark alone though.

BigK10BigK10over 1 year ago

The story was quite good and original (a quality that’s getting harder to find here). The after commentary was even more spot on. I might add that your story is exactly that: YOUR story. If you wrote it with the questionable goal of pleasing “ole Harry,” then his six rules would be relevant. But you’re writing YOUR story: it begins and ends where you want. Its plot covers the area you define. Simply put, it is your baby, your creation, your inspiration. If others happen to enjoy it, then so much the better. They don’t get to direct the plot or characters. It would be tantamount to Captain Kirk suddenly taking over the Millennium Falcon. So, authors write your story and ignore those who try to write it for you, after the fact. Pay attention to the comments that have valid comments or criticisms, and ignore the rest. And-most importantly- get a good editor. Good luck and happy endings to you all!

Burner70Burner70over 1 year ago

Cuck shit gets 1......lmao . Liked the story . Loved the shit after the story. My question to you is .TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL! LOL .going to look for more from you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Bravo CWG! On both the story — very well done! —- and your post story comments!

.

Especially liked your dump on that sanctimonious prick Tilan. You got it exactly correct: his stories mostly suck, and his attitude toward fellow contributors is as obnoxious as it gets.

.

Thanks for encouraging all contributors to just keep doing what they enjoy doing. We readers benefit when they do. For free 🤗. The 10% or so of postings that are real quality make surfing thru all the “literary flotsam” more than worth it. Not to pander — well maybe a little! —- but yours is a poster ID that is ALWAYS to look forward to, as are several others like Other2Other1, Demander, etc who are relatively recent.

.

As to the story itself: liked the niece character— not a goody 2 shoes, as she lusted $$$ every bit as much as Leah….but she knew a bitch when she saw one, and her set up of Leah was great. Would have liked a bit more about John to experience his enjoyment of Leah’s downfall….but not a big deal.

.

Yeah….I’m an Anon….but some of us are worthy of a modicum of respect 😎. I usually try to offer respectful, if not always constructive critique. Been doing so for about 2 years now. All I can say to close is that I hope you continue to post here. And thanks!

.

5 *****

Seabrine241Seabrine241over 1 year ago

Excellent, keep up the good work.

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

Liked this piece; not so much for the storyline (rather bizarre not to mention faint similarity with a wildly popular story) or characters (bit too predictable even for bizarre storyline😊), rather for the closing advice viz. comments. Agree with advice given authors (especially valuable to new contributors who are putting themselves out there for first time — not easy) and smiled at your assessment of anonymous and few named commentators.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The Author's rules..

I have noticed as well that the vast majority of Lit members with no story submissions tend to burn Authors with negative comments. No surprise, I am a member on Lit, but I am submitting this as Anon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Like the "new author" stuff. I am always amazed at how nasty and personal some of the comments are to some stories. It's like sending hate mail to an actor who plays the part of a baddy, odd! I for one am grateful for the time you guys spend trying to entertain us. There are some writers who I pass immediately have sampled their wares previously, if it's not my cup of tea. I comment if I like the story, especially with new authors in the hope they continue. I also comment where character names change during the story or there is other obvious inconsistency which I feel should have been picked up. Lets encourage and keep comments constructive...

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

I am generally not a fan of BTB, but egregious behavior deserves it. One of the few 5's I give to these outcomes

sber56sber56over 1 year ago

Great story! Were can one get the books you have written?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for posting your rules for new writers. I've often read a first story from an author and wished they would write more. I'm probably part of the issue as I typically don't comment no matter how much I like the story. I'll never understand the people that feel the need to tear down someone else's hard work for no particular reason other than it doesn't meet their personal standards. I've read stories I've loved and ones I've hated, the way I have it is slip the ones I don't like, not rip into an author. So if any new authors happen to get this far, don't get discouraged because of negative comments. If what you write pleases you keep going and ignore the people who just want to tear apart your work. I adjusted look forward to reading new stories from new and established authors.

Frank66Frank66over 1 year ago

Well, as a conservative with a tired, old and lame brain, I found the story unfulfilling and unsatisfying. Obviously well written, as usual for this writer, it had everything in it to be able to fill in the blanks, but there were just too many of them. Amber, perhaps the heroine, was maybe a complex character, and might have been a good person. We don't know, do we, since there was so little said about her. Her character is kind of representative of the whole story, but then I realized- this story is just a vehicle for the writer to unload what's on his mind about this website, in the guise of 'being helpful'. Whatever. Still interesting to read. Tilan and Harry- really low hanging fruit there, since no one will argue on their behalf. The others? well, we are who we are, and get paid the same as the writers, with a whole lot less effort. One point- being a published author would be nice, and most of us will never accomplish that, but even Al Franken got published, so..... heh, heh, heh. (Not bad for a tired old brain, eh?)

6yrsofhell6yrsofhellover 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story. The post story information made me grin even more. Oh , congratulations on your writing.

GutsandgloryGutsandgloryover 1 year ago

Lol. That was great.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OK, because I haven't registered yet, this will post under "anonymous" - but don't let that fool you. I proudly state that I am QuickMagazine, and will eventually register under that name. Anyway, this is a very starry five stars (wish more were available to give) - both for the story and the tips/encouragement section that followed. Although the information appears on CWG's author page, I either had forgotten or never read it, but it makes sense that he/she writes professionally. Most of this author's LW postings have been worthy 5's. I think this story effectively borrowed/leveraged the angst from "February Sucks" and the burn on Leah is both just and satisfying. Bravo, Amber! Only quibble I have to offer is the strange claim that "anal is basically the same...as second base" for young people today. Well, as CWG said in the intro, "relax, it's just a story, people." Still, seems a bit far-fetched, even for fiction, to me. Meanwhile, I really want to sink my teeth into the second section, the tips/encouragement section. Look, as a future author on this site, I plan to allow all public comments to post (though perhaps the site managers may exercise their own discretion and censor a comment here and there), and also plan to weigh in myself. I agree with cookingwithgas that a writer shouldn't concern him-or-her-self with what the reactions may be to stories posted for free. This should be fun. If not, why bother? Anyway, I'd like to comment on some of CWG's specific call-out's. Although I took a dig myself at Tilan in a comment I submitted on "Promotion Question" by LJA644, have to correct CWG on his remark that Tilan's stories are all abysmal. "The 30th Variation," his/her first on this site, was superb. Then he/she went off the rails on part 2 of "Babylon Games" and now seems to want to be a shit-stirrer more than a writer. Tilan should get Bach to business. As to CWG's remarks about Sbrooks103x, I'm a bit above 50/50 on his stories, and while disappointed that you can't post public comments on his stories any more, I do respect his reasoning. What's most fascinating about him, though, are the public comments HE posts. It's like he's doing beta reading and making notes. Nobody else brings the level of detail and attention to commenting that he does. No wonder he's part of Randi's support team (interesting how there are so many support people for her, while her own stamp is so evident on every single one of her stories). And finally, Harryin_VA. OK, I haven't read his 6 requirements, and may not, given how unenthusiastic cookingwithgas is about them. However, got to say that Harry's position as a commentator is as unique as is Sbrooks' - Harry is the most prominent non-contributing public commenter on LW. Unfortunately, he's gotten a bad rap of being the hardest guy to please. I've noticed that his favorable/unfavorable reviews of stories tend to run closer to 40/60 than the 10/90 most people seem to believe they do. Maybe this impression is because when he doesn't like a story, he's brief and nasty about it. Fine. It's the man's prerogative. I suppose that once I finally register and start posting, if he's 10/90 on mine, maybe I'll look up his 6 commandments. Anyway, back to CWG. The encouragement this fine writer offers is both generous and admirable. Especially considering the high quality of his/her own work. Don't know which "new and promising authors" he/she was referring to, but for the record, I want to give shout-out's to the inspiring stories (at least to me) from BlueGee and satindesires.

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

I'm one of the newer writers but post under a different pen-name (wanting a fair shake and not retribution for my past comments). As I will get critical of the lack of conclusions, grammar, or way too much sex - diminishing the plot with not enough story.

\

I believe in revenge on wrongs to the point that a snuff-out is palatable if it will give a better life to the children. Oh and detailed sex is NOT needed (but for the LW masturbation crowd) - as to sex, less is more, it forces the reader to mentally visualize just how sexy it is or they are.

\

My critical critique to this story is in the transitions - I found hard to follow making the story choppy while I tried to figure out who was telling that part of the story at that moment.

\

4****, Hooyah, but no salutes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good revenge story and a very funny roast at the end. Thank you for taking time to keep me entertained

Gmann006Gmann006over 1 year ago

At the risk of being chastised by the writer in a fourth coming story. I liked the story. Your writing skills are obvious and I wish you luck in your career. And as always thank you for sharing your gift

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tilan is something else thats for sure. He created a story where the wife cheats on her husband for money and basically became a whore and then in the sequel he had the husband get killed by his wife. Then he deleted our comments for being mad that the disgusting whore with no morals won. Such a weirdo

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

I very much enjoyed the story. I love to see the assholes get what's coming to them.

CWG, I have liked most all of your stories, some more than others. As a new author, I read with interest your Rules and had to chuckle as you called out a few avid commenters. I chose to allow comments on my work and usually get quite a few. I find them interesting and sometimes helpful. Like you, I never delete any negative comments. I am sure you will get a lot of heat for your Rules, but I'm guessing you won't really mind. I look forward to your next offering.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

Great story and great commentary/advice!

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

Great story and great commentary/advice!

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 1 year ago

Great story and great commentary/advice!

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 1 year ago

I liked the story.

Thank u cookingwithgas.

BehindbluisBehindbluisover 1 year ago

Im not a good critic, I'm a reader so take this with a grain of salt. Normally, I will look at a story as if it was the author's property and he/she could write it anyway they wished and my only alternative is to like it or not. I'm beginning to see that I wasn't being very fair. So I will give a try at some positive feedback (not criticism). There seemed to be a lot of the story details that just faded into oblivion; the niece's parents that faded into Germany, the uncle could have been developed a little bit better and included more, after all, he was the bull which we knew little about other than he was rich, loved family (one sentence) and had cancer. The rest of the family, other than the niece didn't seem to care much for him while his life was expiring. I just looked at some of this as, if you were going to mention it in the story in the first place, at least make some of the people mentioned help to mold or form more of the story/personalities. I can't tell you if it would be better to use different words or to spend more time developing them, that's going to have to be your call. Try it both way and see what your comments are.

This is my first attempt at critiquing. Normally, I will thank the author for sharing their talent with me unless it pulls deeper into my experiences, then I'll get more involved; but its never in a mean-hearted way and I hope its never taken that way. You have made me want to take the time and put the few stories in my head to paper, but that's a step not for the weak-hearted. And you can see that I have bounced around in my comment also so it is evident that I need an editor, lol.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 1 year ago

You do realize that folks will look at the appendage to your story and consider you to be trolling, right…?

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 1 year ago

As for the story, it ends with a standard trope which is unsatisfying in this case—at least to me. Why? Because Amber is just a bad as Leah. Manipulating and lying to Gerald. Distasteful. I think that the image of Leah hearing the last denouement and thinking—“She is fuckin’ monologuing!” And doing what all great anti-heroic monsters do… jumps at Amber and beats the shit out of her. Takes her purse money and cards, rebooks her flight. And chalks this one up to experience, buys a drink and asks herself, “Could I get in the Game? I wonder if I would be any good, and toasts Amber for the suggestion with her bloody knuckles clutched around her drink…sobbing for her lost million. It is a thought anyway :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"Obviously, annons will always say what they want. Mostly, it makes little to no sense, and other annons will then argue the points with them. Don't worry about them and generally, leave those comments up for entertainment value."---- I find it interesting that 'annon' opinions are so offhandedly dismissed for the very simple reason that it was offered by someone without a user name. How hypocritical is that? I wonder how many 'annon' comments come from Literotica members who aren't using their account names for fear of being castigated for actually having an opinion contrary to the woke elitist Named Members Club. I have noticed a few things about this site. First, there seems to be an awful lot of anonymous comments in the comment section. This seems to indicate that the anonymous readership contributes a rather generous portion of the daily traffic this site gets revenue from. Second, the type of comments and ratings seem to favor support for the BTB type stories, even from many of the 'annons'. Third, as prolific and particular to Loving Wives as fetish, humiliation, and interracial stories have become; they do not seem anywhere near to being a favorite of the readership. Hence many of the negative comments from the 'annon' crowd that make no sense to you.

"If you are new and have recently posted your first story - DON'T STOP! Keep writing and submitting. Find a good editor. Grow thick skin, just like your grandparents told you to do, and keep an open mind. Annons who get bitchy about your BTB story, or conversely, someone who writes, "cucks get 1*" are to be ignored." ---- You say "...keep an open mind." Good advice to follow, even in regards to those horrible 'annons'. You also said "Annons who get bitchy about your BTB story...", but it seems most comments I've seen are in support of the BTB sentiment. As far as the "...someone who writes, "cucks get 1*" are to be ignored.", well if cuck fetishism was in the category for fetishism, then there wouldn't be an issue. Seems like a logical solution.

PAPATOADPAPATOADover 1 year ago

Interesting. I enjoyed the asides as much as the story. Thanks for the read.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionover 1 year ago

I really liked this one and I gave it 4-stars. That was even after I read your comment about my comments. I make comments about stories mainly to help not discourage new writers. But the biggest problems I see is with Gen Z and a lot some of the generations that came after the boomers is they all think everything they do, deserves a medal or trophy because the schools think everyone who participates in an activity needs to get special treatment. In life there are winners and losers. 1st place is the winner, 2nd place is the runner-up and 3rd place is the runner-up to the runner-up. All the rest are participants. If my comments are too harsh and of no use to you just ignore them. I only comment on stories by writers I feel have merit. Many stories I read I make no comment and only give them a score.

And that my friend, is JustOneMansOpinion. I gave it 4-stars because I liked it even if you think I'm criticizing too much.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

I liked it.

The change of first person POW was a bit stiff

and hurt the plot somewhat.

Third person would've been better.

The advise part was excellent.

Good job cookingwithgas.

4 out of 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

“Deprogram the college grads.” Ha. What a moron. Your tirade at the end is amusingly stupid, but your story is simply boring.

greenday0418greenday0418over 1 year ago

Well I read it and waited until almost 5 pm and no comments. Did they all get censored?

vhasstvhasstover 1 year ago

Seems like a lot of effort for something thats not worth the effort of reading. Techicaly its ok. Bit souless. You have done much better.

greenday0418greenday0418over 1 year ago

Harryin VA, why don't you recommend one of your stories for the cookingwithgas to read? Wait, I forgot, you haven't written any.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

LOL, Tilan got even PAPATOAD out of his cave.

He plays with you like a cat plays with a mouse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As suspected, CWG is a professional slumming with the hoi polloi! We lift our glasses in admiration!!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Good story overall but I would have liked a little more depth on the problems in their marriage beside "problems in their marriage." Narrative flow was excellent, but again some of the plot lines didn't intertwine as we jumped in time rather than develop what was going on behind the scenes. Solid 4*

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 1 year ago

I think the LW comments section is actually a giant mental health experiment. Your "Rules" are a standalone read!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Understand that some ANONs are site writers who, having commented honestly and rustled some tender little jimmies of other commenters, get their published words one-bombed by those wiff hoit widdow feewings. Thus, posting in mufti.

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 1 year ago

Good story, thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Coming from a delusional idiot who claims there is abundance of hard evidence of the paranormal ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Absolute rubbish

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it til your rant at the end. The problem with younger genreations, whatever you want to call them is they now no longer have to try their best because everyone gets a prize for fucking participating! Whole generations of pussies are being raised to believe they can do no wrong, even if you don't try your best and someone beats you at whatever the fuck they're doing they STILL get a prize, and you are most likely one of the ones that encourage this mentality. I grew up knowing if I won at something I got a prize, if not try better next time and actually be gracious and congratulate the others. If you want to be a pussy like a lot of the 'new writers' who can't handle constructive criticism don't allow comments, you're just feeding in to their mentality they all are the best regardless of who actually is and its been a damn long time since I've read anything by a good 'new author'.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 1 year ago

I liked it... and I liked the advice at the end even more. Building up the courage to start submitting my stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Well

I liked the story. Not sure what to make of the addendum. Gave it four stars. As someone else noted, the change of perspective tripped me up also. But it was a very good effort

Make what you want for what I wrote above. The true honors is having PAPATOAD comment on your effort. He doesn't comment a lot. So for him to notice your writing is worth a thousand glowing reviews. That is cool!

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 1 year ago

Good plot but abrupt ending that cheapens the plot into blabber devoid of plot actors.

And what is this sermon after that story? Nothing better to write about?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really enjoyed it

Why Because it did not rely on standard clichés

It seemed to be all original work

I am posting as anon because this site is shit when it comes to signing in

We the North

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Not remotely erotic, just confusing. By the way, what happened to John? Also, what did Leah’s parents moving to Germany have to do with the story? Anyway, it’s a two star ⭐️ story at best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WEAK AS WATER.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good on Annon for trying to write a story, bless your little cotton socks. Unfortunately it was incredibly boring and ended with a pop not a bang.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Who would publish your crap? U spent an amazing amount t of time going after critics while saying undo not care. The truth is pretty obvious

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 1 year ago

I loved the story.

BriteaseBriteaseover 1 year ago

Well written but you forgot one golden rule for new authors. Unless you’re pretty thick skinned, don’t start in the Loving Wives section.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Love reading most stories here and 95% get 4 or 5 stars and have just started commenting on really good ones because i really like them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! The story was not a very good effort compared to CWG others. But the ending advice and rules were worth every penny of a free story. To watch Tilan and Harryin VA squirm and shit themselves, trying desperately to one up the author, was worth the price of admission. They both basically through their own retorts solidified what CWG said about them. Man that’s funny shit right there. Author pegged them, then, stating their own defenses, they actually confessed! Then, there’s this: grandpa’s racquetball pads. I almost choked on my coffee.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The most important rule for new writers: Put your story in the right category. That simple bit of simple wisdom will save you a lot of headache and redundant comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story had potential, but failed to deliver in so many areas. Too many of the plot lines aren't even plausible, much less believable. It was nice to see her getting stuck in the Bahamas, but why wait a year to file for divorce?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Being a bitch in this family must be genetic. Both are the same just the way they see things is different. Both serve themselves and only do the right thing when it serves some need to get their way.

Other things in common..... Neither earned anything on their own. Both survive off the accomplishments and work of others that are better then them. Karma took care of one, hopefully it will also so separate the other from the money she didn't deserve.

I really hate con artists that take from honest hard working people and have no issues with destroying them. But, for the ones who take this whores money I would applaud.

As for your rules...it was humorous and probably scratched an itch you had to get back at those you feel wronged you. Hope it helped because the precipitants you singled out and the actions you mentioned have a 0% of doing any good in changing their views or actions. Hopefully it helped you exercise you own demons.

Anyway good story, nice effort and enjoyed reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It's great.

It's rubbish.

Your mother.

You have mental problems.

I loved it!

Oh yeah? Well you are too.

It's a shame this is grade school, but I guess that's human psych.

Fun story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Its interesting to note, that there's one thing authors tend to forget is that their works, once published, belong to them only in a legal sense as being the author's intellectual property. The true owner of their works is the public, which will receive and appropriate them for their own concerns regardless of the author or the critic.

When authors refuse to acknowledge the presence and significance of such a public, an author may either prostitute his talent or squander it in benign sterile acts of defiance or self indulgence.

A critic’s responsibility lies not to the betterment of an author’s self-esteem but to the public and to their own standards of judgment, which are usually more exacting than the public’s and even more demanding than the author's. A critic's role exists on based the premise that literary works in general are not in fact self-explanatory in nature. Critics become socially useful to the extent that society wants, and receives, a fuller or better understanding of literature than society could have achieved without them. A critic is not a parasite but, is someone who is potentially responsible in part for the existence and cultivation of good writing in his own time and afterward.

As Benjamin Franklin one said; “Critics are our friends, they show us our faults.”

AileyInnAileyInnover 1 year ago

Enjoyed your rules for new authors. I understand exactly what you are talking about. One thing that I might offer you is that “grow a set” is more trouble for the benefit of others than it is worth. I am quite pleased with the set I have… You are absolutely right, being an author here takes a special kind of courage and the ability to ignore the thoughts of others. Thank you for your story and what I consider as very good advise.

maninconnmaninconnover 1 year ago
Hah!

Loved the story. I spotted the coming fling with Gerald, but I did like the way you tied up all the damage in the end. I also enjoyed your writers advice. Thanks for writing!

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

It was an interesting perspective and with a twist of the 'I want a hall pass' story and it turned into a BTB story but only a little. At least for me it would have been a little more satisfying if the bitch wife suffered a bit more. You ask why? I was married to one. After 13 years and two children I got used to having a family. The she moved out for some alone time she spent in bars I came to find out. Then she got her own apartment. IN our last meeting she had the nerve to tell me she just wanted go out and see what was out there, but could she come back if it didn't work out? Duh! With a couple tears in my eyes I got up and walked out, end of marriage. So you see those kind of women are really out there. Why? Who knows. The story was ok and somewhat entertaining and I thank the author for his work, after all it is free. Keep writing. I to, have been reading here for almost 20 years and do enjoy a good BTB or even a Romance story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

QuickMagazine here again (posting as "anonymous" because I still have yet to register on the site). I'd commented at suitable length earlier, but something happened in the interim. I'm in the midst of KitDeLuca164's "I Need A New Plaything" and before reading the final chapter, wanted to look the author up to get some info. Out of curiosity, went to her favorites, and saw Harry_inVA on there, clicked on him, and saw those magical 6 points. Really? That's what cookingwithgas objects to? I don't know, maybe it's just me, but none of them seemed unreasonable. I would think that my stories should have little or no problem with any of them, though I also must admit that I've enjoyed many stories here that colored outside of those lines. Anyway, just thought it worth noting, and also enjoyed the opportunity to score THIS story a 5 once again. Amber sure gave Leah a well-deserved portion of whoop-ass!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Does tilan have a mental issue or may be its meds arent right? Remarks are nastier than most.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Rated a 5, but almost a -5 for the diatribe about comments at the end. Fair commentary on comments but could be placed elsewhere. As to anon just to lazy to bother setting up a fake name handle linked to an equally anonymous email account.

Yes, this story had a good twist to BTB.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Apparently, John is the only decent human your illicit mind could create.

lc69hunterlc69hunter10 months ago

Tilan displays the same attitude and characteristics even in AH, up on the Bulletin Board

Pinto931Pinto93110 months ago

Good story, I didn’t need the rant, but your page write what you want. You do have skill.

usaretusaret10 months ago

I was gonna go with Average, until I got to the final few paragraphs. Then when she got done in by the niece, not the husband, my interest blossomed. Nice twist, bravo.

And found your end comments to new AUTHORS very interesting to say the least. Especially that encouraging para to them not to quit writing just because of misplaced criticism or malicious put downs. Well said.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...