All Comments on 'Getting Even'

by swingerjoe

Sort by:
  • 240 Comments (Page 2)
CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Well Swingerjoe , get your red marker out !

Well , goods folks of LW land, I have today 05-27-2016 officially read two (well maybe 1 1/2 , because one was under another pen name) Swingerjoe LW stories.

SJ mentioned in his answer to my post on the covert story , that he had actually written a BTB story. Well I was flabbergasted , to say the least.

So I went to SJ's site and proceeded to read SJ's honest to god BTB story ( both Bitch and Bastard were burned here), and I've got to say it was a pretty good yarn.

( Gosh don't ever let FLC know about this SJ , he's liable to develop a stuttering problem and an uncontrollable facial Tic )

Now granted in this story , the cheating wife had a one time drunken fling at a block party with an obnoxious neighbor ( Lawyer to boot !) . The Hubby doesn't find out until she has already passed away following a very hard and painful bout with the big C .

Hubby doesn't find out until a few years later , and in his understandable emotional pain following his loneliness of losing his wife of many years who he dearly loved , then is faced with her infidelity . Throw the gas can on the fire !

Hubby then proceeds to get his pound of flesh from the dastardly fornicating lawyer neighbor in spectacular fashion. ( you went above and beyond on that SJ !)

But our Protagonist still has to deal with the personal demons of his wife's betrayal.

Enter the wife's long time friend with the "letter" written just in case he ever discovers her betrayal , but our Protag throws it in a fire without reading it. Personally , I thought that this was the most poignant scene in this play. Kudos on that powerful scene SJ.

Fast forward a year and now our widower has regained his mental equilibrium and has seemingly made his peace, sold out , and on his way to Florida to become a Cocksman in a retirement community .

Actually , surprisingly , I really enjoyed this tale SJ.

But I'm afraid you may have penned this with an alternative motive. ( I am kind of a conspiracy lover, what can I say)

The only clue I have of this was actually reading through the comments , and oh by the way , this was truly one of the best comments section of almost any that I've ever visited ! ( when Whackdoodle accused you of always killing off the poor wife in all your stories, I belly laughed , HARD ! man, that was priceless)

No , it was when you said you actually dedicated this story to Beytrayedbylove ( I guess this is his story , isn't it ) , but then you say he missed the whole point , and you feel really sorry for him .

I certainly hope that you weren't downplaying that mans heartache and misery SJ , I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt there. If , Godforbid , any of us had to go through what that poor man did , well I would either be in prison or a grave I think.

I hope that I'm not coming off sanctimoniously here , that isn't my intention at all , I just truly didn't understand your answer in your comment.

So , while you and I will probably never agree on our preferred LW storylines , I want to thank you for this story. I enjoyed it.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
@ Crkcppr

Wow -- thanks for the kind words! I really appreciate it. I can go into further detail if you contact me privately, but I just want to state on the record here that I am completely and 100% sincere regarding Betrayed. He is the most tragic figure on this site -- real or fictional -- and I truly did dedicate this story to him as a way of sending him a message.

I won't go into further detail on that here. Just wanted to state that in case someone else comes along and accuses me of nefarious motives. (Not that anyone here would ever do such a thing!)

Again, thanks for the compliments. I hope you've learned not to judge a book by its cover or an author by his username.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Just waiting

For someone to get even with swingerjoe. If there's any justice in the universe it will be something like a meteor falling out of the sky or a sinkhole opening under his feet. Yeah, that's it. Sucking him back into the sewer he climbed out of.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@ Annonies

"duhhhhhhhh faggot-something, something, something, unintelligible, drool, allegations voting! Sinkhole, sewer something! And uhhhhhh...yeah."

Damn, you annonies sure made your points! Wow! Totally burned! High five, bros!

Obsess much? You click on an old story to leave such moronic comments? Wow. How sad.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysalmost 8 years ago
Please turn on ratings

I think it's a mistake to have turned off rating as it seems this author has done on a whole bunch of stories, often people go by rating to indicate if something is worth reading, if there isn't any then it becomes too much of a gamble as to whether it is worth the time investment.

I'm one of those that won't take the chance on this author's unrated stories, but at least he hasn't turned off comments also, something I've always found a bit cowardly,

I only came across this because I clicked on the btb tag in another story.

Overall I liked this story, and the revenge was perfect for someone that's all about the the superficial things, but it felt a bit rushed, it's a pretty short story after all, he never found out how many actually knew, just that Marilyn was another that kept his wife's secret from him, and it seems to me that there should be enough anger going around to leave a bit for Marilyn.

Throwing the letter on the fire is a nice touch, but not ultimately satisfying for me, I'm just too curious by nature :-)

The epilogue probably wouldn't satisfy any btb proponents either, though it's nice that he's at least happier, though forgiveness IMO doesn't mean that the betrayer should be given any place in one's life.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 8 years ago
Liked it to a point

Ending was somewhat of a downer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hmmmm

M disappointed with the ending..Merilyn is a backstabbing 'old friend' just like Phil. If I were Bill I will mess them up too. No doubt on that.

2* coz ending sucks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
and then again

If it was only a mistake and she regreted it she would have cut all ties with Roger never being where he was, would have told Roger's wife, and would have confessed to husband as she did to her friend.

True he needed to let it go but he needed some retribution

Serial cheating wife details on Facebook profile of dearbornmt@yahoo.com

True story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
But he doesn't does he

Another case of pretending to get even. The scales are not balanced and never can be. The author felt compelled to undo any balancing when the "friend" is accepted in the end. Weak end to story.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years agoAuthor
Re. "But he didn't"

Evidently you're employing the adolescent tit-for-tat, eye-for-an-eye meaning of the phrase "getting even." This story depicts a man who is finally able to cast his demons aside, put the past in the past, and "get even" (or "level", if you will) again.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I hated the ending.

Marilyn "That one mistake doesn't mean your entire marriage was a sham, and it doesn't mean she never loved you."

Bill "Yeah, well, to me, it does. ... By the way how do you know is only the one time and only with him? And when did you find out? The two of you have been best buds from grade school; I have a hard time believing that you just found out when Emily was dying. It seems much more likely that you knew much more years ago and at a minimum acted as her confessor. Is that it, did you provide the forgiveness she needed, so she didn't have to feel guilty for her actions around me? What fucking right did you have to do that? Shouldn't I have had the right to make the decision to stay or leave Emily years ago? Maybe I would have forgiven her and we would have continued. Maybe not, but I wouldn't be going through this pain now. By myself. What ever was in her letter wouldn't have changed that fact."

Without these type of questions and their follow-ups being answered, I think the ending you wrote isn't even close to possible.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Really liked this but

I am going crazy about the letter!

I loved that he fucked Roger up.

I hate that Bill couldn't confront her. Ask her how it felt to give up being a wife so she could be a slut for an asshole.

This one got me! Good writing. Wish it was longer with more closure.

dissmissdissmissover 7 years ago
nicely balanced

Roger got what he deserved.

Bill found some peace.

A tidy little tale ..... 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
crap

nothing and I mean nothing makes fucking around on your spouse OK....there is no free pass because" I was drunk "he loved her with all his heart and stood by her when she needed him to bad he wasnt that important when she fucked the neighbor

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
pretty sure

If shehad cone clean innediatley as thevsex and saidsorrioes completeeithiwas drunk anf hr horced me the memories would have persitted. No realse after death to confide--indicuates cruelintins.

Was in similar ssituation, she ran around I was oblivious. Fewyears later shetold me truth laughed about it ans saw no reason to end friendship. So i played nice for four years. Quite by chance are paths crossed and again with deceptions. I sat acrooss from her wondering howstupid shebthoughtbi was.

Aftre particularly snarky remark from here i told the steps to provive college administrator what married female adjunct structor was doing with select students. Harassment, assaulting and coerising sex. My evidende-emails IMs photos-time line cost her her job.

By her own admission she had intentionally went out of hr haw to be cruel and hateful and helped destroyed my repetatioun but never would understan why i didn't protect her

Facebookprofileof dearbornmt@yahoo.com has details more on request

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Say What?

Leave ALL your past behind if you're going to start over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good up to the ending

Forgiveness shouldn't come that easy.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 7 years ago
solid 4

nice ending

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hmm

I would have told my slut wife BFF that I don't believe she loved me...she was a whore that is all to it....n I could only guess how many of my neighbours have fucked her through all our marriage life...heck I'll have the kids DNA test if they were mine...n tell her I'll moving cause I don't know how many if my neighbours r laughing behind my back...n probably burn anything that remind of her...will most likely change the tomb stone inscriptions too..."here lies the whore who cheated on her unsuspecting n trusting husband through all their married life...screen in Hell slut".

Not good ending....3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WTF...

@Annon 12/20/16....wtf r u writing didn't understand any sentense...

I hope English isn't your first language...if it is. I don't think even a Redneck understood what u wrote...doesn't ake any sense...

Ugh...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story

If Marilyn is like any of the women that I know, she would have read the letter right after her good friend died so she would know what her friend was thinking when she cheated. There is no way in hell that most people wouldn't read this letter since no one would know you did read it!

As for how her husband handled the situation, he was correct to throw the letter way. Why should he give his cheating wife the last say on her cheating. His wife probably thanked her lucky stars that she didn't confess as soon as it happened because her husband would have divorced her and she would have died alone! That bitch was really lucky. He spent all of his time making her last days as comfortable for his wife as he could. So what if she wrote the letter. It's only intent was to pacify her cheating to her husband. She was probably laughing behind his back that she got away with cheating while she as dying.

Look, even when you are drunk you don't do things that are against your will. So the wife was probably envious of the lawyer and his wealth and she decided to fuck him since her husband wouldn't find out. This has to do with the ingrained instinct of a female mating with the most powerful male. This was only a mistake if her husband found out about it. She was a bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Husband's Actions

Pyrrhic Victory.

GoodhueGoodhueover 7 years ago
Sad

Talk about total annihilation! All of the main characters in this story get fucked over royally!

The cheating wife dies a painful death due to cancer. (And her guilt over fucking Roger probably was nearly as painful!)

Roger is totally ruined!

Roger's wife is humiliated by his actions.

And,of course,Bill is all fucked up. Yeah,he got his revenge,but did that stop the nightmares? Did it erase the betrayal he felt ,and prevent the ruination of all the good memories he'd had of his marriage to Emily? (Don't think so!)

Emily's lifelong friend,Marilyn,stops by and with a few words just erases Bill's deep-seated feelings of betrayal? Come on!

Sad story about a bunch of sad people. (But memorable.)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Great story

If only it was that easy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bullshit. Complete and utter bullshit

The only things that made him happy were fucking Roger and burning the cheating cunts letter. Marilyn's little speech was to soothe her conscience, nothing more, nothing less. He's moving on because he's retiring and is tired of the cold. Forgiving the slut had nothing to do with it and he never will. All he'll do is find someone new and push Emily's memory out of his mind. Lousy story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Those that are without error

are just bloody liars. Yes his wife fucked up ONCE, and 99% due to alcohol. Hubbys mistake was being pissed at the same time and not keeping his eye on his pissed wife. Not his mistake that she got pissed and fucked the predittor, but 1 error in how many years and he has to go all nuclear. Like the revenge against the animal but forgiveness to his wife is much stronger.

JJ

PS I didn't forgive and 25 years on not sure I dealt with it in the right manner.

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 7 years ago
Just Plain Sad

It's sad to read the comments of all the perfect people in the Literotica audience who are perfect and never make mistakes. It's just possible that this was a one-time aberation and Emily wasn't having an affair with Roger or anyone else. Isn't it worth sitting down with the injured person and talking it out. Maybe there's no recourse to separation or even divorce, but isn't it worth a chance? And isn't it worth Bill's sanity to read Emily's letter and see what his long time love had to say? How could it hurt. I'm not sure if it's the author or the commenters who are most at fault. I guess it's easy for me to talk because (to my knowledge) nothing like this ever happpened to me. But I'd like to think that I could forgive a one-time that wasn't even her fault. I'll be generous: 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Overcritical

Sorry but it's not just a mistake. Cheating is the result of a series of deliberate decisions. Getting drunk, flirting with the guy, walking home with the guy, agreeing to have sex, getting in the car, and having sex. Not to mention Hiding it from the husband after it occurred. Hiding it and lying about it is a deliberate decision made every single day. It is hurting the other person, and the hurt multiplies the longer the lying occurs.

Reconciliation is worthy, in my opinion, when the offender has the courage and respect for the spouse to disclose what happened, AND if the truth comes out quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
plenty of time

Wife should have given letter to husband instead of friend while she was still alive. Chances are he would have forgiven her being she was dying

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1*

another cocksucking wimp posting dumb cuck SHIT.

phil2213phil2213almost 7 years ago
Terrible story

I gave this five stars and I focused mainly on the revenge aspect when giving it that rating. I am on my second reading and I am disappointed in myself for giving this anymore than two stars. I agree that people make mistakes and that a weak moment can come and go. The issues with this story on second reading are as follows: 1) Where was Bill/ husband/protagonist when this infidelity occurred at the picnic?; 2) How did he conveniently find out way after the death of his wife and not sooner??; 3) Why would a lawyer of prominence have sex in a public place in the daytime?? 4) How could the lawyer not put a legal halt to an unauthorized video??

I felt the ending was sickening with a picture of him and his wife witnessed by Marilyn as a reconciling of his feelings toward her. This is not a BTB story as initially I thought, but a contrived cuckold/premise with a plausible one off in extenuating circumstances to sicker readers in.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Yeah

well now I want to know what the letter she wrote said. Can't imagine how you get over that. Maybe time does heal all wounds.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
To Betrayed by Love

May you find happiness and peace. Hopefully another woman to erase the memory of the first one. I'm liking the idea of a special inscription on the tombstone for the husband in the this story and BbL as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
to betrayed by love

a fat cock smoked, a cornhole buggered, betrayed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
getting odd

The ending is stronger than the start. And nice trick with the burned letter. He had a point, though. Confronting someone from beyond the grave with no chance for them to respond makes guilt trips too easy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Response to Terrible story comments by phil2213 06/21/17

I copied and pasted your post and inserted my answers to your questions.

YOU WROTE:

Terrible story (header)

I gave this five stars and I focused mainly on the revenge aspect when giving it that rating. I am on my second reading and I am disappointed in myself for giving this anymore than two stars. I agree that people make mistakes and that a weak moment can come and go. The issues with this story on second reading are as follows:

1) Where was Bill/ husband/protagonist when this infidelity occurred at the picnic?;

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES THAT MAKE?? YOUR THINKING THAT SHE HAS A LICENSE TO CHEAT AND FUCK THEIR NEIGHBOR WHILE HER HUSBAND IS ON A BEER RUN?? GUYS LIKE ME LIKE BURYING OUR NINE INCHERS IN THE WIVES OF GUYS LIKE YOU, FUCKING THEIR BRAINS OUT AND FILLING THEIR CUNTS WITH OUR HOT, STICKY COME... JUST FOR THE FUCK OF IT, YOU ASSHOLE.

2) How did he conveniently find out way after the death of his wife and not sooner??;

YOU ARE CLEARLY A HALF-WITTED FUCK WITH A BIG MOUTH WHO JUST SKIMMED THE STORY AND DIDN'T ACTUALLY READ IT. IF YOU HAD, YOU WOULDN'T HAVE ASKED THAT UNBELIEVABLY STUPID QUESTION. IT WAS FULLY EXPLAINED IN THE STORY.... STUPID.

3) Why would a lawyer of prominence have sex in a public place in the daytime??

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS? IT'S A STUPID QUESTION THAT HAS NO ANSWER. SOME OF THEM, LIKE YOU, ARE SIMPLY ASSHOLES.

4) How could the lawyer not put a legal halt to an unauthorized video??

TOO MANY PEOPLE HAD COPIES OF IT. THEY'D RE-POST IT FIFTY TIMES FOR EVERY ONE THAT WAS TAKEN DOWN. ... AND BESIDES... FUCK THE LAWYER WHO FUCKED HIS WIFE. ... AND FUCK YOU FOR TRYING TO DEFEND THE SLIMY MOTHERFUCKER. YOU LIBERAL SOCIALIST DEMOCRAT COCKSUCKERS HAVE FUCKED THIS COUNTRY UP ENOUGH. NOW IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO SIT DOWN, SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET A TAKE NO BULLSHIT LEADER SHOW YOU HOW A COUNTRY IS SUPPOSED TO BE RUN.

I felt the ending was sickening with a picture of him and his wife witnessed by Marilyn as a reconciling of his feelings toward her. This is not a BTB story as initially I thought, but a contrived cuckold/premise with a plausible one off in extenuating circumstances to sicker (SUCKER) readers in. CUCKOLD... ON THAT POINT, WE AGREE. I THINK THE AUTHOR WAS PANDERING TO THE BLEEDING HEART SUCK ASSES.

WHEN MARILYN SHOWED UP AT THE DOOR, THE HUSBAND SHOULD HAVE THROWN HER ON THE FLOOR AND FUCKED HER PUSSY AND ASS... SWORE HER TO SECRECY, THE WAY HIS DEAD WIFE DID, AND THEN ASKED HER IF SHE WANTED TO RIDE ALONG TO FLORIDA.

I gave the story only four stars because of the suggested cuckold factor.

P.S. I'm thoroughly convinced that phil2213 is a Liberal Socialist Democrat Asshole... a not too bright one.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 6 years ago
Late Reader

@Anonymous 01/04/15 said to KarenE that telling him while she was alive would only hurt him badly. So him finding out AFTER she died didn't hurt him?

She lost her right to explain when she didn't confess.

26thNC26thNCabout 6 years ago
Wow

Joe, I did not associate this story with you. I read this a while back and enjoyed it. Even more so this time . In The Air Tonight is likewise a favorite, that I did not realize was vintage SwingerJoe. Forgive me, looks like I have been a fan for awhile and did not realize it. I'll try some of the others now.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
cuck

cuck shit

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Burning the letter was a lovely twist, I could just imagine his cheating wife's soul crying in anguish as he threw her justifications and apologies in the fire.

I think a stronger ending would have been to contact everyone they knew and coldly inform them of his wife's infidelity, thereby marring their memory of her forever. The wife never apologised to his face and she was never contrite or remorseful with him for what she'd done, so she did nothing to deserve his forgiveness (imo).

cub4acougarcub4acougaralmost 6 years ago
5*

loved it

throwing away the letter was a masterpiece

she didn`t deserve his forgiveness

it wasn`t a mistake drunk or sober it was a concious decision not to tell him about it so she knew it was wrong and didn`t want to face the consequences

her friend was wrong forgiveness for cheating doesn`t cleanse your soul or give you happiness no matter how much you love or loved your cheating spouse

self respect and self worth will set you free not forgiveness

hopefully the wife rots in hell where she belongs

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
What friend?

Marilyn knew the truth a LONG time ago and never told him his wife was a cheating slut. You think forgiveness changes the facts and allows everyone to move on because the truth is now out there for everyone to see? You don't need forgiveness to move on. Only the willingness to move on and put the past in the past. You'll never forget the betrayal, but you can certainly live a life that's worth living without wallowing in the past. This was a complete bullshit ending. Marilyn obviously isn't a "dear old friend". He hadn't bothered to tell her he was moving. So you want us to believe he's all about forgiveness and leaving things in the past? Bullshit!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Cant kill whore wife.

Kill her lover and also ber lying coniving friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Ending No good.

Ending no good. I would have told Marilyn that I'll be DNA Testing my kids n will be changing the tombstone to "LYING WHORE". Then tell Marilyn TO FUCK OFF coz I DON'T want to see whores or sluts ( u know bird of a feather flock together). (She'll protest about it)

Then tell her that she knew about her friend slutting around n kept it from him.

Also find ways do deal with phil too. May be fuck his wife.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
3.4

Decent plot but the abrupt changes took the enjoyment out of it. And yes, the ending was a wee bit WTH?!?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
White's Chappaquidick Theorem:

The sooner and in more detail you reveal the truth, the better.

tazz317tazz317over 5 years ago
WHY NOT.....EVERY WHO MATTERS IS GONE AND PAID BACK

now o lonesome me is moving on to Fla, TK U MLJ LV NV

PowersworderPowersworderover 5 years ago

Telling Marilyn she was a "good friend" was bizarre. Good friends don't help cover up your slut wife's cheating!

Whether or not he chose to forget about what Emily did and put it behind him, he shouldn't have given Marilyn that closure. She stayed quiet, so Bill ended up nursing his dying whore of a wife, then grieving for her cheating ass for years. Years of pain he could have avoided with a divorce...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
it was good

as for the dumb woman that covered up for her cheating friend. she's just not able to give out moral platitudes. you don't facilitate liars and talk about what's best.

he didn't actually agree with her, he just let her nag. women enjoy feeling heard. it rarely matters if anyone listens. he threw that letter into the fire, and I cheered. Good for him! That...is moving on. Reading that letter wouldn't help him, just her ego...and she's dead. She can't even let him move on in peace, she's gotta insert her ugly spirit into things. Let the man fall in love or have sex with someone better than you! And that dumb woman thinks a picture of them left before a move means he still loves her. Gag. Maybe he's saving it for last, have a little ceremony of burning it out back for actual closure.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 5 years ago
There is no justice in the world....

I cannot express how pissed off I was that Emily got to fade away peacefully with her loving husband by her side.

At least he threw her letter in the fire, though that was still too little too late.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good until the expected pussy ending.

Burning the letter was the best part. Should have ended it there.

But noooo Pussyjoe has Bill forgive the cheating cunt. And make amends with the freiend who hid it. Fuck that. Spit on her, call her a liar and slam the door on her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
I'd have called up Marylins husband

and "confessed" to having an affair with her

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Liked the story

It was a good story but I gave it a one star because he listened to his wife's best friend to forgive her.

The same best friend who probably knew she was cheating and said nothing to him

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
What forgiving cuck story

A cuck if a story. #NO STARS FOR YOU

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
I read this story this past summer...

...and it remained stuck in my mind. I guess that's the sign of a good and original story. Personally, I think he should have read the letter.

timrivtimrivover 5 years ago
Don’t think,I could have burned the letter.

I would like to know what happened and why. Closure needs facts otherwise the hurt will fester forever and rule the rest of his/her life. Revenge is fine but never enough for closure. What is wife did was bad but never knowing why is the worst to the agreived.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Disappointed

Throwing the letter in the fire blew the whole story for me.

This story was about survival and reconciliation. It seems possible that this was a one time drunken mistake and he, with great selfish self sympathy, threw the opportunity for redemption and love away....what self loathing idiotic stupidity!

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
He made the correct decisions.

Burning the letter was correct. It was a cheap way for his unfaithful wife to explain things knowing that the letter would only to be given to him 'after' he found out about fucking a friend of his.

The second thing he did was forgive her. For his own sake so he could move on with his life. But even with forgiveness, he would carry the scar from that burn the rest of his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Just my way of thinking

I don't like stories without a solid ending. The wife was a cowardly cheating whore taking a "secret" to the grave that he could and did find out about with no way of retribution. My memory of her would be and would remain as his initial one- fuck her!

greenman440greenman440about 5 years ago
Good story

I think burning the letter unread was the best thing to do. He was right, there could only have been meaningless platitudes and excuses, she cheated, end of.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
So why are so many sorry for the bitch!

A very painful death is exactly what is required for betrayal!

He did everything right till her coconspirtor pissed up his life and made him think he had done something wrong. He should have kicked her off his property, and told everybody that she had supported the betrayal. Make her life miserable!

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
Just re-read!

She says forgivness lets you move on. Revenge lets you move on in happiness!

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
WHY?

Why is not relevant, nor would ANY LETTER HELP TO UNDERSTAND, especially as there was NO WAY to believe it. We all know why we jump into the back of a car and screw, It needs NO Explanation. Good call on burning the letter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
all of bleeding heart willing cuckolds crying about burning in a letter

She was right it shows strength to give forgiveness, How can you get forgiveness when she didn't ask for it. She died and took the cowards way out. she took it to the grave and she never said one word about forgiveness. And then you task another woman with the job of passing on your excuses for why you do what you did. You want forgiveness after you died you didn't say anything about forgiveness, you didn't even admitted it happen before your died.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Funny, Poignant

Very nice job.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Catching up

Catching up with some old favorites and came across one , of several, I enjoyed from swingerjoe. Joe could definitely write. He couldn't quite bring himself to burn a bitch, but he burned a bastard or two in his stories. This is second to only "In theAir" in my estimation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Oooooh Hell no !!!

She fucked and sucked and never told him !!! Fuck That !!!

She doesn’t deserve any sympathy just because she is dead. She took the cowards way out with the letter and not allowing him to fire off needed questions and receiving an answer. Can’t do that now.....

He did the right thing he felt as revenge. He did not need the letter which would only leave unanswered questions. He should have burned all her shit in a fire pit in the backyard. Lastly just before heading out to Florida he should drop by the cemetery and spray gasoline covering her grave and only her grave site then lighting it as he walks away. Thus leaving her grave the only one not covered in green lawn.....FUCK FORGIVENESS !!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
How it should have ended

"Thank you, Marilyn. I decided to follow the advice of a dear old friend."

"Oh?" she said sounding pleased with herself

"Yes, and hopefully your husband will be able too as well," I replied

"My Husband!?"

"I just got off the phone with him, explained how you conspired with my wife to lie about her affairs and provide her alibis," I explained

"But it was only the one time," Marilyn spluttered.

"If you say so," I said dismissively, "You lied to me for half a decade so its not like you are that trust worthy. All I did was point out you aided her in hiding her cheating and asked your husband whether a woman oh so willing to help her friends hide affairs might not have a similar arrangement to hide her own?"

"How could you do that to me? I was your friend," she wailed.

"No bitch you were her friend, you helped her cover up her crime and you can have your share of the punishment, now if you will excuse me I have five years of revenge sex to catch up on."

GymShortsGymShortsover 4 years ago
Not sure why....

There is so much hating on Emily going on... Cuckold Joe explained it all. Emily was drunk, probably falling down drunk. Roger is an egotistical, narassic SOB who obviously took advantage of Em. Phil obviously interrupted them before liftoff was completed. Roger sent her an email the next day trying to hook up with her again, which she deleted and never responded to. She also refused to go to any more parties or socialize with their neighbors. She wrote Phil a letter telling him how important and dear he was to her because he was her whole life. Phil punished the right person, Roger (although you tube would have taken down the video immediately) and got pay back. Basically Roger raped Emily, she was to drunk to consent, so calling Em names (slut, bitch etc..) indicates you're okay with raping a woman that is drunk.... The real question is why did Phil let his drunk wife wander around and be gone so long that there was time for her to be raped and he never missed her....

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Liked this story, but...

You write what you write, but if they were so close, there should have come communication. The hiding was as bad as the act, maybe worse. And a letter doesn't cut it. Loved that he tossed the letter. A bullshit way to ask forgiveness. Yes , forgiveness comes out of love, but that's a two way street. The wife didn't make one mistake, she made two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
YOU WOULD THINK

A woman who was sick and dying would want to leave this world without the weight of what she had done to her husband. Confess her mistake and try to leave with a clean slate! Terrible situation at best!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I don't know ...

... why everone hates Emily. From the description she was extremly drunk and Roger took advantage of her. She was ashamed of it and wouldn't socialize with any of the neighbors anymore. She also didn't want to bring any pain to Bill.

Not mentioning while dying can be seen in different ways.

But from her reaction mentioned above she just didn't want to bring more pain in his life than her dying causes. From her description in the story it wasn't herself she was thinking of but her husband.

Sorry for writing as anonymous, but i'm trying to activate my account since July 2019, but I don't get support from literotica in any way.

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
Nice tale of revenge!

CuckoldJoe

I enjoyed this tale immensely. I thought you developed the character of the hurt husband well with a brevity of language. Sort of reminded me a little of the plot of the Liam Neeson film "The Other Man"....loving wife dies, husband finds evidence of a long term affair with a guy on her laptop. You were able to tell a similar story, but with much fewer words. A great submission...many thanks!

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
My sincere apologies!

I goofed, Swinger Joe. Sorry about the CuckoldGuy mix up. I'll have to moderate my intake of Jack Daniels in future. Forgive me, dude.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Reading again. This came up on my random spin so I read it again. One of Joe's best stories. I like that the husband refused to read her explanation.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22about 4 years ago
I’m glad he didn’t do anything that would put in jail

Damage had been done and he made himself feel better by fixing half of his problem. The way I see it Roger was a big part of it, the second part was his Emily. Then his wife’s best friend then the guy who saw them. One thing the guy that saw them owed him nothing Roger was just a pig and he already knew that. The wife’s best friend only knew after the fact. Emily no matter how much she drank if wasn’t rape she was wrong. He was right not to read the letter it would have been excuses, he did right to make up his own mind. Lest face it every the writer wanted him to fix was fixed then he moved on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Bullshit!

Emily was a cheater. And a liar. Too late to do anything about that. But screwing Roger would have made him feel a LOT better. I think he left the picture of himself and Emily in the house when he moved. Lots of women out there for him to love on without remembering the slut. Bad ending for even suggesting he forgave Emily. Just forget her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Huh?

Read the damn letter!

You are not going to hurt her by not reading.

Read and then wish her a happy slut day and move on.

jtwheels

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Emily doesn't deserve forgiveness, even in death! She's nothing but a cheating whore and her disrespect shows she didn't love him. So the ending ruined the whole story! 1 star.

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 3 years ago
The Biga Mystery

(pun intended.)

What was in that burned letter? Seems the letter and a potential confession, explanation, or apology, remains a hole in the plot line.

Unfortunately, the author has gone silent since 2019. Otherwise, I might say:

Keep 'em comin'.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
One more time

Old saying that even a blind squirrel finds an acorn occasionally is true here. Even swingerjoe wrote a good story every so often. I can recall about 5 all told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Half way right

At least he got some payback on the scumbag. To hell with the dead bitch. Drunk or not, she fucking cheated and karma paid her a visit. He should have just burn all of her shit in a bonfire since he couldn't divorce her or donate her body to science. He should have moved the day after he saw that scumbag's divorce was over. At least being in Florida he doesn't have to be buried next to her. And before anyone responds to me, let it happen to you. Let the bitch have an affair while you're at work - working your ass off for her and HER kids, take you for everything, ruin your credit, tellling everyone that you were just a meal ticket, and laughing all the time while doing it. Real life is where the courts are not fair and the bad people win - A LOT!

etchiboyetchiboyabout 3 years ago
On 2nd read — still brilliant story. Unsatisfying, but brilliant. (Maybe because it’s unsatisfying).

Totally unexpected burning the letter. Even now I feel the urge to reach into the fireplace to retrieve the remains of a charred letter.

5-star & Favorite.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nope, the correct response is to find out everyone who knew, and burn them also.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

One thing that never ceases to amaze me, is the attitude women have about cheating. If one of their friends is doing it, the attitude is totally different, than if the friend is getting cheated on. I have heard my whole life that guys are pigs, can’t keep it in their pants, etc. But If a woman cheats, it because the husband wasn't meeting her “ emotional needs”, “ too distant” “ taking her for granted” etc. you will never hear her say, “ I wanted someone who was richer, more powerful, or younger” which is usually the case. A lot of times after the divorce or separation, mister rich, or young moves on. Wifey is now just another semi dried up, 45-50 year old, in a sea of them.

And guys who dump wifey for a younger model- well... He gets a few years older, and can’t perform. Even with Viagra. Younger wifey by now, has figured out, he wasn’t as “ rich” as he led to to believe, especially after the divorce of his first wife. So... both sides, are disappointed.

As Rodney King said” can’t we all just get along?” And I final note to women. Stop taking quotes from trashy romance novels, to explain why you want a divorce. Nobody’s buying it. Oink, Oink!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Love the throwing of the letter to the fire. I hate it that people are always saying "you need to hear her out". No you dont, let them hold it all inside and let it eat them up from inside. The wife should have suffered more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved the fireplace part. That could have been the ending, but the real ending was great

zeuspmzeuspmalmost 3 years ago

really good story..

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Damn

It was five stars up until the end. I guess fucking cunts stick together.

Three Stars

Anallicker01Anallicker01almost 3 years ago

It would appear you have a lot of fans, regarding this particular story! I enjoyed it. The ending was so so but still very good!

InfosaugerInfosaugeralmost 3 years ago

Hm, I'm not sure, why there is so much hate against emily.

Yes, she cheated, but it seems there was only on time while she was drunk and an asshole took advantage. It's no excuse, but it explanation.

Yes, she didn't confess. But for what reason should she? Suppose, she she did cheat just this one time and was ashamed of it. Suppose, she really loved her husband then a confession on the deathbed would just hurt him. I suppose, she regretted it and didn't want hurt her husband.

If she confessed, it should have been immediatly after the party and the asshole could have been accused of rape.

I would really like to know what she wrote in the letter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Too sad, to have your memories stolen by a careless moment.

I’m too close to my end to take any joy for granted, I wouldn’t want my last memories to be tarnished.

5 for making me cry you sumbitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What’s with the people who are defending Emily? Here is the situation. She cheated on him, and involved others in her cover up. She allowed her husband to wipe her ass, and clean up her vomit.

However, in the end, the one thing she couldn’t do, was be honest with him. The author leaves her lack of fidelity up in the air. The burning of the letter, just expressed his anger, at being denied the chance to confront her. Could have been the first time with asshole, but she might have had multiple trysts over the years. We will never know....

lbeachamlbeachamover 2 years ago

Great story if you want to get slapped in the face with history you can't change. I'm married 46 years with absolutely no suspicions of cheating. Trust but verify was my creed. This story is realistic and gives me pause. You don't know until you you know. At this late in my marriage I don't want to know. But if I did know today, divorce is tomorrow (maybe) (hope not) (naw, no way).

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Have to say, the image of Emily coming from beyond the grave to try prevent the letter from burning was pretty funny. Anyway, can't fault her actions after the deed was done - tried to keep him from finding out about it, but left a communication in case he ever did. Can't fault him for not wanting to read it, either. How he chose to move on was entirely on him at that point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok. So Emily realized she made a big mistake with Roger. If she really felt he took advantage of her in a drunken state, a next day confession to her husband was in order. By hiding it from him, but involving others in her coverup, she only made things worse. AND instead of leaving him a letter explaining her actions, she gives it to a girlfriend, to only give to him IF he discovers her infidelity. Here is the deal. She made her bed, now she needs to lay in it. Either leave a confession to be delivered to him on her death, or don’t do anything. You don’t get to defend, your honor from your grave. I agree, in burning the letter. The Narcissist bitch, does not get the last word.

Great story, it’s a 5!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ariesgirl- If wifey had confessed the next day, there are a lot of ways this thing plays out.

#1. She does not remember getting into the car with him. They take her for a rape test, and drug screening. We find out ole Rodger put a date rape drug in her drink! They stay married. Rodgers next date rape, involves his big roomie in jail. But Rodger is the woman, in that relationship.

#2. Bill takes her over to Rodgers house, and confronts him, in front of his wife. Rodger and his wife get a divorce. Bill gets a separation. They eventually reconcile, but he never trusts her again. The strain on both of them becomes unbearable, and they eventually divorce. However, they both still have feelings for each other, and neither ever remarry.

#3. Wife confesses... That she is a slut, and has been banging 5 other guys, on a regular basis. She confesses it was her that seduced Rodger. But like all privileged, rich assholes, he has a small dick, and she won’t be seeing him again. They get divorced, and hubby gets tested.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought the email said they were interrupted an he wanted to know if she wanted to finish wot they started so how do we know wot Phil actually saw the author has left the truth up in the air maybe his wife was date raped an it was only mths later memories of that night came back an hes going round calling her a whore wen he doesn’t know absolute fact maybe Phil fell out with the other guy loads of scenarios

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

ZEROZEROZERO...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userswingerjoe@swingerjoe
Update, 4/23/19 Every once in a while, I forget why I don't write here as often anymore. Then I submit a story and remember, "Oh, yeah! That's why!" This site, and especially the Loving Wives category, used to be a great deal of fun. But then some spammer began leaving anonym...

SIMILAR Stories