All Comments on 'Ghosts & Shadows Pt. 06'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 421 Comments (Page 4)
xhristianjxhristianjover 2 years ago

Loving someone is not the panacea to all of life's woes whether it's unfaithfulness, deceit, disrespect or criminal malfeasance loving someone is not a carte blanche excuse for misbehaviour.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

God, that was horrible. Just horrible. The story started so well and with such promise but the fact he took her back is disappointing. 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story was quite interesting also hard to finish. I liked it though, real love forever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This author's fantasies are truly bizarre. She thinks a wife can cheat with a younger stallion for a year, then take a shot of several one-nightly sex partners. During this time, the husband suffers and blames himself for everything. She humiliates him and yet he goes back to the old whore. 0*

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

A romantic tale about two immensely stupid people. A trite story in many ways but also a very good story in other ways. Does it deserve the 5 l gave it long ago?

Unfortunately yes, tho l so want to say NO!!!!

5/5

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 2 years ago

Damn....6 parts to a one part story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am sorry but I hated it. He was so self righteous. So what if he didn’t stick his dick in another pussy. He cheated by any standard. Yes, she cheated but he had no right to feel victimized. And running from him when their daughter was near death was ridiculous. I think concern over your child’s horrific injuries would trump (I hate it when that word is appropriate) any reluctance to see your ex. And the endless fawning of other women about how great the protagonist is was just so over the top. All in all, good writing skills but terrible and unbelievable characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

LOL authors pretend this was the great love. How great are the loves that keep it in their pants when tempted?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Long-winded and nauseating! Yes - the dalliances of many years ago can come back to haunt a couple, especially if one or other has stored up that resentment. But callous abandonment is unforgivable! Not to disregard that what was destroyed was intimacy - and that is infinitely more valuable than sex!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why do Americans always feel al issues can be discussed /forgotten or solved by sex? No doubt u hve a 60 percent divorce rate and a new generation getting raised up in broken families! What a shame

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I really can't rate this stuff low enough. It's always a cuckold fantasy.

LtrockhardLtrockhardover 2 years ago

Only likeable character in this story was Robert. Your plot tried to make him a wimp but I figured time got away with you. Everything else was unlikable (putting it mildly)

Nasty56Nasty56over 2 years ago

Very good story, good read, good flow. Don’t need to agree with the love dynamic and conclusion to enjoy this excellent story.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

reread for me. A lot of crap and a lot of good. Funny how a late 50's man can have so many temporary partners of all ages and not worry about condoms, std's and is such a "Stud" . Still can't get over his wife doing the same thing as he did. Little bruised ego? OR a shallow man?

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdabout 2 years ago

Many will Rant and Rave.

Everyone will disagree with me.

Cz it is human nature U can't see your fault by Yourself.

All I'm saying is the Story you wrote actually showed what we really are... How we really think.

How we always try to Run from problems and reality.

Good ond.

5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nope, this was not plausible at all. Sorry, I don't understand the ratings this series was given. Obviously, I'm the polar opposite. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Overall, it's just a sad pathetic man who could have found love and happiness but instead chose bitterness, and living the rest of his life with a woman he might love but will cause him to be many, many miserable days and nights until his dying day.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well presented sstory about real flawed people in a real flawed world. Its a 5.

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Long, but that is understandable. Some paragraphs oils have been shorter or perhaps left out. But all in all a very good story. I enjoyed most of it. The end, for me, was a foregone conclusion,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hugh and Mary... two of the most repugnant pathological narcissists that could possibly infect humanity... I just hope their virus dosen't infect their children.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story BUT can one really forgive and forget so much nastiness from one you love completely I suppose the old story i"is your life better with them or not " Keep up the great work (jaybee186)

bigurnbigurnalmost 2 years ago

This has been a really long and depressing story. A story of a affluent, worldly, man with no self respect or backbone. He wasted his adult life on a slut/whore of a wife. In the real world... A man with that much influence and power, would have punished her in a variety of ways. He probably would have wreaked havoc upon the guy who pursued the bitch financialy, physically, and in his family situation. Unless he was extremely weak of will, he would have moved on with any woman willing to be available.

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

This story started out ok, and it had potential, but it just got really, really stupid. A real let down and disappointment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He couldn’t get over what she did her infidelity but he expects his to be overlooked an never mentioned to his kids so they hate her an not him a lot of double standards in this story. I was actually surprised they got back together esp how cruel they were to each other

SDN1955SDN1955almost 2 years ago

Gotta say, I didn’t much like any of the characters in this story. The wife is pretty much nuts. The husband spends the whole time saying no, never, then jumps right back in. He gets portrayed as a long suffering saint until we get the Ah-ha moment where his less than stellar times are brought in out of left field. Gail’s a pure slut and bitch. The black guy’s an asshole with an equally asshole brother. Just not a lot to like about the main characters.

The story is well written, but just never grabbed me in the way that other DAS stories have.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

After she got caught it should have been a "one and done." Yes he still loved her but they were echoes of that love. Its comfortable to go back, but only an idiot would go back. Therefore he is an idiot. After how she treaded him and their children, she needed to be burned and burned bad, very bad. This author seems to love making males idiots. If that is there bent, we don't have to read it.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 2 years ago

You are definitely one of the best writers still posting here—at least I think you are still posting. You outdid yourself with this MC as you made him a stupid character in the eyes of any reasonable man while creating a superhero in the eyes of the BTB readers on this site.

Part the time I wanted to shed a tear as the MC lamented the wife’s actions—that is up to the time we find out he was just one step short of cheating himself. After that all I could see as I read his character was a spoiled teenage brat, even if he was in his 60’s.

To those who might try to claim his case was different from her, let me remind you of the words of the final judge on all of us: Jesus said a man who lust after a woman has already committed adultery with her. (Yeah-yeah, I know! Many today claim not to care about things like that—if that’s you, I wish you luck! But I sure wouldn’t bet on you being right.)

Anyway, I gave you a 5/5. Anybody that can piss me off as much as you did in this story just gotta be good! cd

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This author seems to take a lot of time painting a portrait of a spineless wimp while trying to couch him in the guise of a powerful captain of industry. A guy who has the strength of character to rise to Hugh's level doesn't act like the jellyfish needing a woman who's willing to betray him, not believable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Too long but we'll written

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

This was a great story about love or the lack of. But what the hell is love? It drives people crazy, men and women. There were some great lines in this story: "There was so much damned gleaming, Mocha-colored skin showing that I felt like I should show an erection just to be polite!" I wished I could come with lines like that or how about this one: "I need some guidance in setting up new interpersonal relationships."

(Translation: I need help getting laid!). Our author is very good. After all the trials and tribulations why would anyone ever want love? Maybe we don't have a choice, maybe it's a chemical reaction we have when we get around the right person?????????? Who the hell knows?

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

Strong, strong writing. Gut-grabbing situations and relationships. I feel word-tied, if that is a thing. I don't find myself liking these people, but somehow they would be interesting to know! A very, very good read.

I have one beef with how the story evolves. We are in the head of the MC, and he is so very wronged! Then way over halfway through it he's being rebuked by Mary for some seriously wrong behavior with various ladies, which didn't go 'all the way', but, nothing I saw earlier in the story even hinted at that. Also, we get a very similar reveal about Gail and Robert's situation which is not even in their story about the Christmas miracle. So twice we are given an apparently faithful hubby who is out of bounds even if short of gone 'all the way'.

NJLauren's comments are as good, as interesting as the stories she comments on. Thank you, ma'am.

MidnightHowlingMidnightHowlingover 1 year ago

So far.. you are my TOP AUTHOR !! and I've done a far share of reading !! If one was able to rate higher than 5, I'd be right up there with double digits !! This story was a pieasure to read and a page turner that captivated my arrention. This is the first story of yours that I've read and I'm looking forward to reading others in your history !! Please continue gracing us with your talents !!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sorry. I just can't buy the reconciliation.

Well written. Excellent writing actually.

But no way after the hurt and betrayal she laid on him. Not just the cheating. But the way it went down. The 3 years after.

Unacceptable. A distant and amiable relationship perhaps. For the sake of kids and grandkids. But nothing ever else.

No sane person would allow her back. Ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a terrific story,very real,and very well written.

Because of the realism it made for an easy

enjoyable read. If a reader could say,not all is realistic, it would be the ending.You confuse me and I am sure other readers with it..you have him walk away from the marriage due to her lies and her known 6 month affair,then takes her back after she lives with the guy for months and then has sex with countless men for 3 years???? You really test credibility with that..but it's still worth the full 5 stars ....JZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why do commenter assume that she slept with countless guys over three years. She clearly states she had no man for almost a year. She was with Richard for the six month affair and then afterwards for a couple of months till the "son incident" and then a few months afterwards. So did she go berserk for roughly 1.5 years? Of course her affair was deplorable. But I understand why she left. She saw the look in her husband's eyes on her betrayal. Her reasoning fpr the affiar was selfish and messed up. Richard was a younger MC capable of set that they had many years earlier. Her betrayal was stunning. She showed remorse and was devoted to thr MC after 3 years by action and words. But yeah I have a hard time seeing the MC reconciling except he did not want to be alone. As an aside, ironically I find in real life, my wife and I have better sex in our early to mid fifties than when we were younger. I may not be able to go as many time in one 24 hour period but we really know our bodies by now. Little blue pill helps also.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Far to adult and true to life for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I am making a few comments here for the whole story. Firstly, a divorce does affect the whole family regardless of if the children are grown up or not. They have their own reactions and the husband and wife should respect their children's thoughts, actions and wishes. For the story I feel she was delusional as to her actions. Her boyfriend obviously struck her like lightning and turned her mind. The point is she was too arrogant to deal with it rationally and went nuclear by the way she cut him off. He should have just let her go after coming up for air instead he just had to get involved with her time and again. Whilst I can understudy the hurt she caused him he needed to have moved forward and cut the physical ties he had with her. The mental issues would take a lot of time. The problem is he kept stirring the cesspit which was the cause of his continuing misery. This was a hard story to read due to his stupidity and her delusional qualities..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The MC of the story was not believable. I saw several people comment on how real this storyover and was. Please I have been through a similar situation with my ex. No way would he take her back especially if he has money and women 20 years younger wanted him. The fact that sexy Coffee girl was in her 30's and the MC refused her but screws the 29 year old Brittni woman was garbage writing. Of course he would have went for the hot IT 30 year old girl in the office who was sweet. The ex wife would have been forgotten and he possibly would had babies with the new wife. Happy ending indeed. After 36 years a betrayal like the wife did would be almost impossible for any man to forgive and why should they? The humiliation and the uncaring way she did him is something you don't do to someone you supposedly love. This story is so far from reality I am trying to figure out how the other commenters could possibly think this was realistic. Obviously they never been in this situation because some pain you never get over and the betrayal of a long term marriage is one of those.

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 1 year ago

2nd time reading. Loved it just as much as the first time. To the detractors who say it's not realistic : it's a "story, read FICTION." No one got hurt. No one got beat up. No one really cheated on their spouse. It is Fiction.' Also people react differently to the same stimulus or situation. How you react may not be how I react. Why you fall in love may not be why I fall in love. There's is not one universally accepted response to being cheated upon, or being divorced, or any other traumatic situation. Fortunately we're all "DIFFERENT'". Thank God. How boring it would be if we were all the same. Another easy 5-😊😊😊😊😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very well written...enjoyed the story......5 plus

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I had no idea how this gets such a high rating but after reading Stubbyone's comment: it's a "story, read FICTION" I guess that's all the explanation I can expect. SMH. But there are people in "real life" who are nothing but walking, talking disasters and like the two in this story, they are simply avoided by people with sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I held out voting until I had finished the entire thing. Good read

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There are a couple of elements missing from the dialogue, but, otherwise, the writing is phenomenal.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I didn't like it, but I could understand it." No, the husband would not have reacted in this manner unless he was a complete idiot. She became a whore while his wife. She admitted to preferring immediate gratification over a lifetime of love. She doesn't deserve understanding. No, she deserves pain. That is what is missing from your stories....pain suffered by those who betray everything that is dear to them.

argomez99argomez99over 1 year ago

MC should have had Richard killed, or at least disfigured early on, but not too soon to arouse a lot of suspicion. Ya know, made it look like accident. Kill the ghost while it's still alive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I was hoping for a reconciliation here and got it. The elements worked after finding out Hugh had strayed as well. Bill Clinton might not call it sex but sex can occur without penetration and Hugh was guilty as hell. I am in that late 50’s age and I know that a man can’t turn his mind off and forget a betrayal but misery with love is better than misery alone. No absolutes when it comes to the heart. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Hate to tell you this, but you have abandonment issues.

HooHaa77HooHaa77over 1 year ago

I'm actually fine with RAAC when it feels like it's been earned (Requital and Onslaught come to mind). This one doesn't feel like it was earned. Still generally a good story.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Start

At the start of the stories,Mary leaves and won't have anything to do with him,yet at the end of the story she can't live without him,doesn't fit.He should have married Gail,the two arseholes deserve one another.

Canuck5697Canuck5697over 1 year ago

It's got most of what makes a story great: love, hate, despair, hope, redemption, solace. It's missing hard revenge...but that's okay: it's subtle revenge - family is all, and Richard will have none....

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I am not a burn the bitch person but this author makes men into such bleeding pussies. This dude has no self respect. That cunt doesn't respect him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great read. Canuck below says it well. Wish this author was still contributing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story telling is excellent, however the reconciliation was unbelievable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your stories seem to revolve around good guys done wrong.....and then they accept their plight. Mary never explained how she survived for three years without the man she loved. She didn't pay a high enough price to get him back. He just accepts her back. He never even raised his voice. Doesn't this man have any real pride? Can't he move on rather than take back someone so selfish? People screw up all the time, but not like this.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Willing cuck with zero self respect. A successful man that is not in control of himself, not likely. As zero self respecting men become more numerous and more common, society will be headed for chaos. Normalizing cuckolding is simply one of the first steps.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well written peepeepoo

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You sat up a BTB story, but never BTB. The most realistic scene in the story is Hugh writing the angry letter to Mary while she is San Francisco. Side characters and scenes are heavy handed and cliche, but main plot is quite good and readable. You too far too many liberties in the end. Nobody cares what happens to the supporting cast. They were just there as fillers.

AardieAardieover 1 year ago

He won’t interfere with Gail’s life, but Gail keeps doing things like helping his ex break the into his apartment or crash his night out.

Even worse than the affair was the way she 100% ghosted him for two years.

A little therapy might have helped him get over her and also would have probably them with him the reconciliation.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

One of the best stories on here, ok maybe that I have read, but I’v read a hell of a lot here.

A very well paced thought out story, the character descriptions were very true to life, LOVE is such a life driving force, it hurts when you get it first it hurts when it goes wrong, but you got it spot on and the ending was just right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You were close at one point to giving Hugh the epiphany he needed/deserved. He admits it’s not the cheating, but the six months of lying that he can’t forgive, but never really admits to the fact he’d done the very same to her ten years prior. The question at the end of the story is not how he could take her back, but how she could take him back. Hugh is a self indulged, self righteous prick who doesn’t deserve Mary’s devotion and love. An engrossing read, but in the end, realized Hugh has a very twisted world view when it comes to love, commitment, and emotional bonds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Disagree. Hugh was tired of living on his own and probably started hanging around the partiers in the office. He was lonely and primed for cheating.....but he didn't do it. Mary did.....repeatedly. The should burn and burn hard.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another cuckold story from DQS, not a big surprise really, judging from his other stories. The men in his stories are wimps or subservient in one way or the other. DQS is a great writer, but I'll only read a few of his stories. He can shove the cuck stuff right up his butt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The chapter where we learn that Hugh was no innocent himself as a prelude to the convention that Mary wasn't 'that bad' in order to allow the reader to if not embrace - at least accept their eventual re-uniting was the weakest part of the story. In reality time rewires one's brain into a new normal where the current issues and concerns erase the old. But the writing and the pacing was good and I enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

oldtwit said it, "One of the best stories on here.s' It needs no analysis, no explanation. It is what it is. a creation of one of the best authors on here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Agreed. Just awesome story telling.

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 1 year ago

Excellent story and writing.

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 1 year ago

What to read the last chapter ... "When we were Married -06C" ... second to last chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There really needs to be an alternate ending to this by another author. That, plus editing the stupid bar scene, would greatly improve this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I just love all these righteous cheating pricks in comments defending the MC. He cheated on her too; anything you're not willing to do with your own mother/father and you do with other female/male, can be considered cheating (unless you're incestous prick too). Let's be honest, guys, these 2 assholes deserve each other; imagine if they actually married nice people and ruined THEIR lives?

Also, anyone who is willing to be the "other guy", deserves to see how it feels to be the "first guy" too (works for females too), karma and all that. =D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry, but the story jumped the shark about halfway into this final chapter. A well written story by a great author, but it seemed like he didn’t know when to fade to black and roll the credits.

WoodencavWoodencavabout 1 year ago

A great storey, enjoyed it for the second time. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

nogravynogravy12 months ago

Monumental story, but, fuck, it wore me out! Enjoyed it, Five Stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Good one, thanks.

I just have to wonder.. what would eternity be like for a 'hatchet' man?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

An alternative BTB ending is needed.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

The literary equivalent of a bad bollywood romance, which is considerably worse then one might imagine since a "normal" bollywood movie is just so mind-bogglingly bad, one just can't believe how bad it actually is.

XluckyleeXluckylee11 months ago

One of my favorite stories. One of my favorite authors. 5 stars again . This is one of the stories I read over and over. Thank you

Texican1830Texican183011 months ago

Ever excellent, as much about his frailty as her errors. I’m older by 1.5 decades than he is at the end, and I can assure you prolonged pain and agony, especially when you’re doing the prolonging, is hard on your body and soul.

Hugo999Hugo99911 months ago

Enjoyed this series although Hugh is a massive hypocrite

DazzyDDazzyD11 months ago

To ANONYMOUS, THE honorable action for you would be to sign your name when are too critical of someone’s work!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Not being funny, but ppl that get upset about them getting back together really don't appreciate what being 60 is really like for the majority of people.

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo10 months ago

So well before she cheated on him he pulled a Clinton: "I did not have sex with that woman!" Give me a break! He cheated on her years before she cheated on him! His biggest problem with her was not her actions, but his denial of his own moral guilt. Not excusing her, just placing the greater blame where it belongs, and that greatet blame was a composite of multiple cheating. She was engaged to be married when they first met and he knew it, yet stil persisted in persuing her.. While some might not think so, that should have been as much a barrier in his mind as if she were married. But he wore her down until she wantef to cheat on her fiance and so they did both betray her betrothed. Cheating isn't just a solitary act when consummated. It takes two. They were both cheaters then and later. Altogether a sad yet captivating story. Far too much a human story. In the words of Pogo Possum, "We have met the enemy and he is us."

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Amazing series. Empathy for the 'poor little rich girl', Gail. Fifty million reasons to not find love and happiness? (Pity the Jeff Bezos, Elon Musks, Bill Gates and etc, who can get huge wealth tax breaks.)

Miracle for Marcy?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I get it. You're trying to explore the imperfections of us humans. But, you always make your men these quiet do-gooders married to smoking hot harlots. It's tiring. And, your resolutions in these circumstances are always thin. Mary begs for 30 seconds and Hugh lets her back...."We stared at each other until I patted the pillow at my side. She slid up to lay beside me and that's how we fell asleep." Doesn't Hugh have a voice? Doesn't he get to explain that he cheated with Elaine because the kids had moved away and, instead of retiring like they had planned, Mary took a promotion and was travelling much more than ever? Stop creating these straw men--just to be hurt--and then throwing in some anecdote that the guy wasn't perfect either. Yes, we're all flawed, but fucking some young guy on the side after 36 years of marriage requires, no demands, that Mary offer some form of contrition beyond what you have created.

Opinionated1Opinionated19 months ago

Exceptional tale of love, heart break, deceit, frustration, patience, poor decisions, success and failures...sounds familar doesn't it? it's called LIFE! Not everyone who has a spouse who makes a bad decision decides to blow her up, particularily when they've been together close to 4 decades!

Do you have any idea what that's like? I've been married 45 years and I can tell you it's hard to recall

a life prior to my wife. She broke his heart with her affair, but his heart was always hers, and always would be. another amazing story from a wonderful author!

chasbo38chasbo388 months ago

Nice try but another story about a wife who has a mid-life crisis and goes off to fuck another man so she can pretend she is still 20 years old is nothing new. Having her return and say she is sorry is nothing new. Why do all these stories have two people originally in love, beat each other up for a period of years, finally get together. This guy still had images of her lover fucking his ex-wife while he is in bed with her at the end. Too much for me too swallow. Sorry

Martyr2002Martyr20028 months ago

Well written story about garbage humans. He’s an emotional cheater, she went all the way. I see no one to root for here.

Thanks for the effort it took to write this. I just can’t make myself like it.

LegacybadLegacybad8 months ago

I enjoyed the story, it was well written and had good characters. It was a nice ending, kind of bittersweet but it clicked with the story, I dont think a rosed tinted glasses ending would've worked as well as what you wrote. You can fix a broken vase but it will never be the same.

Lector78Lector788 months ago

Falto la recompensa de Richard Kelly, por seducir a una mujer casada hasta destruir su matrimonio, así Hugh no tendría que estarlo vigilando.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Good ending! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I started reading the story. Good rhythm. Good characters. It promised to be a good story.

Then a light appeared in my mind: read the last page. If you are going to read a six-chapter story and then it has a shitty ending, you will have a bad taste in your mouth of wasted time.

So I did it.

Conclusion: the same old story. a slut looking to feel better. an asshole who accepts it. and a reconciliation that leaves you petrified.

the rock justification with the Stones is a failed attempt to be really cool.

What a waste!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Mary, loyalty is very important to me, says the husband.

Repeating the nonsense of both characters becomes boring.

Merry Christmas??? kiss my ass!!!

The wife tells him: he was you. Fuck! This sounds kind of momentous. He was you, and the rest of the men too. So I can fuck all the men! This bitch is fucking Yoda!

AllNigherAllNigher7 months ago

"Why shouldn't I let you enjoy the feelings I've had for the last three years? Short of killing you, there's no other way I can hurt you the way you need to be hurt.". -- because she's had those feelings for 10 years. Typical one sided bullshit. He's more selfish than she is... If she's a narcissist he must be a sociopath. He doesn't even think what he did was wrong. And no, he did NOT have an emotional affair. Blowjobs sans completion, finger fucking, tittie sucking, and caressing and petting are NOT emotional affairs they are physical. 3 different women at minimum. So you're both shit and acting like he's so hurt and wronged after being the faithful husband is billshit.

"The bottom line, Mary, is that I trusted you. I was loyal to you in the most important ways. You know how important loyalty is to me, in my personal and business life, yet you betrayed me. There is no room in my life for you anymore.". -- where was his loyalty to her? Why isn't that important? Fucking prick. I'm as negative on the women's as the men but both the story and many comments like it in the woman in this story and he's just as bad... Worse since he pretended what he did was okay. Where she goes off the rails is forcing the kids and friends of family to choose.

Almost no one I though was a decent person in this one. Yes all flawed but I'm sorry, not making out with women when married is just not that hard. Loyalty being important means you show loyalty and expect the same. No...he wants fealty.

At least he's honest about why he starts a ton of women at his age... Money.

MtTopView59MtTopView597 months ago

I keep coming back and re- reading this story. It has become one of my favorites. I struggle with taking her back but I also struggle with his mid life affairs. I guess at the end of the day they were looking for the same thing….. a younger Hugh.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Jesus, what a crock of shit, that's a few hours of my life completely wasted. I stuck it to the end because I thought there might be a good twist, however it wasn't to be. I can't believe a good writer like you could come up with crap like this...

AmbivalenceAmbivalence7 months ago

Interesting thing about this one...

She says she felt good knowing he loved her too much to actually pull the trigger on cheating on her.

It didn't stop her though.

Clearly indicating she didn't love him as much as he loved her regardless of that BS about the guy basically being him when he was younger. Cause, clearly, he wasn't him.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Author tosses in his emotional and (partial) physical cheating to show imperfection and some hypocrisy on his part. But she banged a young guy for six months, left her husband of 36 years and then put her family in thr middle of it. Gah! Yes ok thr MC is suddenly a prick, but what she did has zero moral equivalency. Again gah!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sorry, I like a reconciliation as.much asnrhe next guy but the highest I can give this absurd RAAC is 4 stars.

Mary even admits that his infidelity with Elaine (not adultery), his flirting with two other women, wad NOT why she destroyed their marriage.

In the end she was seduced by a younger man / predator who charmed her and reminded her both physically and emotionally of the MC from 20-30 years ago. And the sex was so good that it equaled what she had with the MC from 20-30 years ago. She claimed she never loved her boy toy (just sex right?) but thought she coukd have both of them in her life, one for love and one for lust, cheating on the MC for six months. She ran when confronted because she knew the MC would never forgive her and would divorce her. Tales her like 2-3 more months that all she had with Richard was sex and she list thr love of her life and estranged her kids (though that repaired).

Sorry but to some of the earlier commenters, every character in this story is an ass to one extent or another. Heck Gail is the worst if you read what she did to Robert in one of the other stories. But what the MC did with Elaine was not on the same level remotely as what Mary did. She defiled, debased, and nuked their marriage, destroying a man who is old enough to have permanent insecurities.

And btw why was Robert Kelly screwing a woman in her mid 50s anyways. Seems really implausible. Loving wife of 36 years, suddenly meets a younger alternate version of her husband, loses her mind in the ensuing sex and despite supposedly loving her husband of so many decades, she tears out his heart and has a long multimonth affair. Balderdash. What she thinks of as love is not what a normal person thinks of as love. As she herself said she is a slutty tramp at heart and was vulnerable to seduction by a younger alternate version of her husband who wouldn't take no for an answer (though why would Robert even bother?). The vast majority of married women who have been faithful for three decades or more do NOT trade.on lust for love when they are way past menopause unless they have a serious mental defect. Sure she is unlikely to do the dame thing again as she is pushing 60 herself after 3 years of separation, but who cares. The betrayal is too freaking massive.

And besides. Married sex in the 50s between two people who love each other and continue to push sexual boundaries is often better in terms of technique and skill because of all the experience and time pent together. Sure my wife and I, now married 31 years, are not as vigorous or athletic in the sack as when we first dated or when were newlyweds, but wow my wife comes harder and more often now than back then because we both know what the other likes the best. Toss in some roleplaying, lot of foreplay, dirty talk, different positions and settings and she is amazing! I often wonder what would have happened if we could download all our sexual experiences into our youthful bodies from 30 years ago.

So yeah the fact that the asshole got her off so much and was just like when they were younger means that their sex life had gone to the dogs despite all the sexual antics each pursued either when cheating (Mary) or after the divorce (Hugh).

Meh a depressing RAAC. He settled because he didn't want to be alone and somehow she remembered that she actually loved Hugh when she got out from underneath the fog of the asshole. During those 8-9 months, she basically forgot what love is or that she loved Hugh. Her protestations to the contrary ring hollow. Ironic is takes the confrontation of being humiliated in front of her son to kill her relationship with the asshole, but somehow when in the midst of all her amazing orgasms, she didn't fight for her marriage at all. Her sin is not just lust but also PRIDE!

Anyway there is more to marriage than orgasms, something this author sometimes forgets, and besides their marital sex life must have deteriorated to crap over the years. She only had thundering orgams with hubby 20-30 years ago, and re-exposure to those years later with the asshole, led her to destroy her marriage. Let it die. Move on. Get therapy. She isn't worth it.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This was a truly amazing story, but not in a good way. The wife was obviously delusional in some way. When he eventually got over her he should have left her well alone and where necessary walked away from her. Usual Moth To A Flame story.

orneryonezorneryonez6 months ago

What a hypocrite. So far up himself he can see out of his mouth!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous