All Comments on 'Ghosts & Shadows Pt. 06'

by DanielQSteele1

Sort by:
  • 421 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Read this cover to cover do to speak. Complex, well developed characters that twist and turn to blend a tale that is riveting. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Both broke their vows. Both regretted it and eventually got over it and reconciled realizing they were better off together than apart.

sloggerslogger5 months ago

Too depressing. This should have ended in a murder/suicide or exile to the Antarctic. Better yet, a monastery and convent between the two of them.

JDDRIVERJDDRIVER5 months ago

Gail needs to find happiness.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you for the story. I feel like this is your weakest story I've read, and I've read all except two. I feel this has the weakest characters and character development compared to your other work. Probably because I feel like neither Hugh nor Mary changed significantly. At the end, I just felt like "what's the point of this story".

I have no preconceived notions about burning cheaters on stake like so many in comments seem to, so I had no expectation or demand on how story would end, but it's such a long journey and buildup, only for problems to quietly melt away for no apparent reason except they still love each other. Perhaps that's the point? Still, it feels to me like there was no actual character development that would lead to such a conclusion.

LoejtcLoejtc4 months ago

Try as I might, I could never get into the story. It just seemed circular and repetitive.

In the end, it seemed they both gave up trying to find happiness and settled for familiarity ..

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

WTF??? Reconciliation after his wife's years of cheating, lies, pain, and total disrespect? No. Just no. 2 stars

DanzebuDanzebu4 months ago

This author writes intricate interwoven stories that capture and hold your attention. But in almost every case the male is depicted as a simpering wimp who first obsesses over and then finally reconciles with the cheating wife regardless of her years of deceit and betrayal. For another prime example of this, read the author's unfinished tome "When We Were Married." No self respecting man reacts this way to a cheating wife. It's infuriating and frustrating to read.

EHP4269EHP42694 months ago

Excellent story telling. I can't agree with some of the recent reviews. The main characters in this tale both were complex and made mistakes. It's nice when there is a happy ending. More often there is not.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thanks, I really liked this story, it surprises me that so many couldn’t believe they would after 36 years still want to live with each other and realise that would be happier together.

I was really hoping they would get back together and they did, sometimes it just seems so easy to hate and wallow in self pity and say you hurt my pride. A lifetime is a long time to be with one person and not make a mistake, good on Hugh and Mary for being big enough to realise they loved each other and sorting out their differences to be together was the best option for them.

Sometimes I wonder if authors like this write similar stories with different outcomes to illustrate alternative ways or maybe to exorcise ghosts of their own.

Anyway, thanks again Daniel, I’m off to read another of your stories

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nie dla m nie. Kazdy normalny facet i maż nie wpuscił by takiej byłej żony do zycia codziennego. Widocznie autor naczytał się romansów albo jest zatwardziałym papista.

A ponadto za długie opowiadanie. Za wkład solidne 3

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Long, long, long and boring...about a ridiculous couple of self absorbed people.one a slut and one a pathetic wimp. There is not a character in the story that is worthwhile and likeable.2/5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Loving someone and trusting them are 2 different issues. He cheated on Mary with Elaine. Mary cheated on Hugh with Richard, and left Hugh. This totally destroyed all the trust that the 2 had for each other.

You can NEVER rebuild that trust to the way it was. END OF STORY.

Just because you love someone is NOT enough of a reason to RAAC with them.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Writers who write so skillfully have the ability to make you want to vomit.

successful men who are true alphas aren't perfect but they absolutely don't take back ruined goods that also ruined them.

It's always . I mean write an isakai novel. He managed to pull back from extended affairs and as created he would pull back from her.

It's like the author can't be them but wants to be.

NickTeeNickTee3 months ago

Who are you really? I tell myself that I'm not very sentimental. I try live in the moment without allowing the past to encumber me. I ascribe to science and not new-age mumbo jumbo and yet your economical but encompasing writing style has twanged my heart strings and kept me on the bitter-sweet edge throughout. Can I take it that you write professionally because it would kill me to know that this was penned by an amateur. Thank you!

usaretusaret2 months ago

Finished 2d reading. Totally wrapped up in a. Great romantic tale.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Why do people keep comparing what he did, and viewing it, as equatable to what she did? Hugh fingered some girls--he never fucked Elaine--Mary carried on a full blown affair for months and months where she got pounded to orgasm after orgasm. Mary told him to his face when they were fucking she was thinking about her lover.

He was playing with firecrackers. She was playing with nuclear weapons.

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 months ago

I believe it's 'trawling the school yards'. Not sure what trolling the school yards would entail, but it sounds like a funny sight. Minor gaff in a very well-written tale about broken people who deserve each other.

DQS tales are usually hard reads because nearly all the men and women are unlikable in their own uniform way, and they usually spiral down to an improbable conclusion, which even the great penmanship can't really hold up. But they do make me a lot more thankful for the company I keep, so that's something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Such a perfect talent for man hating.

MythicArjunaMythicArjunaabout 1 month ago

Every character in this story is rotten. I don't like weak characters.

SatyrDickSatyrDick29 days ago

[23.04.24]

A beautiful look at people who have their flaws but truly love each other.

11/10!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous