GianCarlo Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I would have love to say that I came just to see you but I'm afraid I've come for a little more than that. You see, I found out that your father has been talking to Louis Fulargo."

Gian and Stephan looked angry and worried, respectively. Delia and Denise looked confused.

"Who's Louis Fulargo?" Denise asked.

"High Chancellor of our current jurisdiction," Stephan answered grimly

"Yes, I believe he is planning something but I can't be sure of what." Analise said,

"So what do we do? Can we talk to this Furlago guy?" Denise asked her irritation apparent. Just when they thought this thing was behind them, Durante goes stirring the pot.

"That won't help," Gian said, "These guys are like dirty politicians if the government encouraged dirty politicians. If we don't have anything he wants he may side with my father."

They all erupted in groans of frustration and terror. Delia's stomach dropped in fear, not just for her and Gian but for their child. Is this something that will hover over their heads for their entire lives, a grandfather who wanted them dead?

"I think we're jumping the gun," Delia said, "we don't even know what they're planning or if Fur-whatever-the-fuck is going to side with your dad."

They all chimed in with their opinion drowning the conversation in panicked chatter.

"There is a way," Analise said gentle yet adamantly garnering their attention. "I'm leaving Durante."

Everyone looked on eyes wide and waiting.

"I realized after I saw Durante meeting secretly with different Chancellors that I would have to choose. I chose you." She said the last looking at her son.

Delia knew so little about the vampire world, its governing bodies, or even the abilities of the vampires themselves. Having met Durante, his power seemed far reaching and all encompassing. She couldn't imagine an authority big enough to enforce his divorce. If Durante wanted to leave Analise nothing but the clothes on her back Delia couldn't imagine anyone being able to stop him. Maybe her opinion of Analise's power was very small.

"There is a way in this separation to protect you all. With the sales of my estates, allied support, and my own income I will be able to not only leave but establish my own Chancellorship, and under this I can protect you. The problem is I have no desire to rule a jurisdiction no matter how small."

"Wait, wait, wait! I'm confused, you said a jurisdiction?" Delia asked.

"Like what Durante has?" Denise piggy backed

"What jurisdictions do you have?" Gian began while Stefan looked deep in thought.

"Durante's jurisdiction, by birthright, is Southern Europe. By trade, inheritance, purchase, or debt he has acquired other smaller jurisdictions that expanded his reach into continental United States. You see, newer countries are easier to acquire jurisdictions in than in older, more established countries. Your father, over the years, have gifted me jurisdictions, estates, realty, jewelry, treasuries, underlings, four militias, and one beautiful son."

They all gawked wide eyed and open mouthed. Analise couldn't stop an amused laugh.

"Of course to you all this may seem like a lot but it really is a fraction of what Durante has. It is enough to protect you, both physically and legally. Durante can legally attack any vampire and their kin under his jurisdiction or the jurisdiction of his allies but if you have your own jurisdiction, he cannot attack you in that jurisdiction without serious repercussions. If he were to attack you outside of your jurisdiction, it would look like an obvious power grab and cost him dear allies in the Council."

"So what you are saying is that you are giving us a... jurisdiction?" Gian asked bewildered.

"Consider it a baby shower gift. I cannot run such a thing, but I have a capable son and a very intelligent, very fearless daughter-in-law. So I gift to you the Southeast American jurisdictions of; Florida, Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, and South Carolina, their assets, and my treasuries worth 500 million US dollars."

"What!?" Denise asked incredulous. Stefan choked on seemingly nothing and Delia jaw fell to the floor. Gian was the only one who didn't need to recover.

"What about you?" He asked his mother.

"I should hope to join your family, under your jurisdiction, under your name."

"What name is that, I'm Contiello I've lost my name as well."

"Might I suggest Romano?" Stefan jokingly interjected.

"Nooooo," Delia said as Denise shook her head in disgust and Gian rolled his eyes.

"Don't look like that Denise if I wife you that's going to be your name." He said, Denise laughed.

"This is going to be all of our names. I'm not trying to be Denise's sister-wife. It's a no for me, dog," Delia inputted.

Analise laughed, "You will have time to decide. There is only one impediment, and that is time. You cannot claim your jurisdiction until the next AllGather."

Denise and Delia looked between the three vampires who seemed to understand but forgetting to explain. Delia sighed, "What is an AllGather?"

"An AllGather is an annual gathering of the Vampire Council where both business and pleasure can be conducted. It's like the World Fair meets a U.N. Meeting." Gian explained.

"There you will need to declare your house and claim your jurisdiction. You must also make the people aware of Durante's bad blood and shame him out of attacking." Analise explained.

Delia looked down at her belly, "When is the next AllGather?"

"Three months' time in Albania," Analise answered.

"I'll be pushing nine months, I can't go." Delia said looking at Gian.

"I won't leave you here to have the baby by yourself." He said,

Denise leaned in and rubbed her sister's back, "I'll be here and mama. We have to do this, though, to be safe."

"We all must go," Stefan interjected, "All of us would be officials in the jurisdiction. We all will be required to be there."

"What will happen if I can't travel," Delia looked around concerned.

"Rachel will come with you and you'll have access to pristine facilities and be surrounded by knowledgeable ancient elders. You will be safe," Analise said with warm eyes.

"So I guess we should start preparing ourselves for a trip to Albania,"

The End

12