All Comments on 'Giant Steps Ch. 04'

by maid4lovin

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
MadVinMadVinalmost 3 years ago

Congratulations, welcome to the club darlin. Reading through the first three chapters I was so sure they were written by a transwoman. There's a feeling to the writing that goes beyond skill or style. I've been thinking a lot about writing out my own story, I think this was just the push I needed, so thank you. This is a story that needs to be told, from as many perspectives as possible, so that girls like me don't wait til they're in their 30s or later to be themselves. If I had read Sams story a decade ago I might have avoided a lot of hardship and heartbreak. Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter, and while I wait I guess I should start working on my own.

EddienowEdieEddienowEdiealmost 3 years ago

This is a beautifully written series of stories. How can you not love Sam. The honesty, emotions, anguish, and joy ring very true for me - started MtF HRT earlier this year. One of the best I’ve ever read. Will be looking eagerly for more.

MattiemaybeMattiemaybealmost 3 years ago

I am so, so very excited and happy for you. I’m a late in life trans (58) - with lots of life baggage. Your story said things I’ve heard but in new, accessible ways - thank you for contributing to the great unraveling of the mysteries of me! Completely agree with MadVin’s comment about us needing all the perspectives we can get - and yes! Looking forward to the Giant Step for Sam!

I hope writing these stories helped with lifting your weight.

Pest999Pest999almost 3 years ago

This is FANTASTIC!!! I've never seen the "trans experience" explained so perfectly before! This is something I feel like everyone, on here or not, should read. This pretty much defines what it feels like when you realize you're trans, and what it's like to start acknowledging that part of yourself. Thank you so much for writing this!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for writing this - it explained a lot to me! I have been suffering with denial for many years now in my 60 s I have been t counselling but still in denial. The fear of what others think is still very strong - what my children and grand children would think really scares me. Thank you again - please keep writing it's good to hear I'm not the only one with wired thoughts in this world?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

When I first read chapters 1-3 I was still egged. February of this year I cracked. Then when I saw this was out I did a full reread, and when I got to the end of chapter 3 and saw the gap between posts I... well I knew what the start of story twist was gonna be <3 This is such an amazing story and I’m so happy it’s on the site. This is the kind of representation I’ve been looking for. I can’t wait for the next!!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I’ve been orbiting being trans in an egg shaped orbit for while now, telling myself I’m trans when I get close, and being shot back to the apoapsis where I’ll backtrack and say anything to invalidate how I feel for a longer period of time. This may have just smacked me into the atmosphere, and I’m hoping to the gods I don’t burn up on entry. Thank you.

Lapper69Lapper698 months ago

Hope this continues but do like a little more smut (blush)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usermaid4lovin@maid4lovin
No kinds of love are better than others. If you enjoy my work, be sure to leave a comment!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Giant Steps Series Info