All Comments on 'Ginger and John'

by 012Say

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 2 years ago
Good one

right after Masters weekend to boot

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

only one makes any sense

KaripetKaripetabout 2 years ago

A nice little story and I loved the humor.

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

Cute story, seems like they have a good relationship. Only takes one weak moment during these games for the whole thing to blow up, but for the sake of a happy ending, let's assume that never happens.

Some of the exposition during their conversations was a little too clearly for the reader instead of the characters, though. But I guess it was necessary to explain the setup in a limited time, and the dialog's still good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I loved it .. so unorthodox.. the jokes were funny as was the story ... what’s really funny is for the life of me I don’t know why I liked this story so much , but I really do like it . Thanks for the entertainment and the confusion , yeah they’re strange bedfellows but so is my wife and I !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's true. Women tend to 'think with their clits' way more than men 'think with their dicks'.

the main reason is women can do nothing wrong in society, so no one sits little teenage girls down and explains this to them. media utterly fails to deliver, telling women they are superior to men in every conceivable way. it's a rare thing....to have an adult woman realize she can be led by her ovaries, because it helps her fight those urges. men have no excuses because media, society, people are constantly over blowing our hormones controlling us. we are WELL aware of our dicks, and how we can be led astray. and it's funny cuz this story has her grandma teach her....her family from 'old country'. that's one of the few generations of women left that got really good advice passed down the generations.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

"I should tell you a bit about how we came to be here." - No, you shouldn't have. Four paragraphs that have nothing to do with the story. They're married, so we know they met, dated and got married. Also, why is only the first paragraph of the flashback in italics?

\

Wasting a lot of time on Will. The Will business had nothing to do with the story beyond setting her up to be the club manager.

\

"I did love it." - It's okay if he loves her being hit on, as long as she says no all the time.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 2 years ago

That was a lot of fun. I especially especially enjoyed the dialogue. Like a long, well played tennis volley. And I think I fell in love with Ginger! Thanks much.

HargaHargaabout 2 years ago

That last line was very funny.

.

Cheers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just OK...

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 2 years ago

Well this was funny!

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

Two stories inside of one story- a bonus? Not really, just confusing to us simpleton readers. Was there ANY connection on any level between Will and Ginger, other than hiring her? It was still an enjoyable read, the writer sure has a way with words. Maybe I just need more coffee.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Funny - While I found the tongue-in-cheek narrative entertaining, it also prevented me from getting to engrossed with the story. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Here's hoping that John and Ginger stay happily married and true to each other. Enough rain falls on the people of Loving Wives, would be nice that at least one couple stays warm and dry.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It was stupid and the story was all over the place..

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

Where does it go from here?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Five for :

Do I look stupid?

I pissed my pants.

Captcha

UnassignedUnassignedabout 2 years ago

Fun story(s)! In Silicon Valley, though, Will is far from unique, either in terms of ability or money.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It puzzles me why readers of fiction need to read a fictional story as if it is reality. Fiction, by definition, is the suspension of reality to enjoy fantasy.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

Great fun! I agree with SB103, if Ginger is excited by constantly being hit on by all the studs, but always shoots them down, then that could be fun for hubby. It’s a dangerous game, hopefully she never meets the guy she can’t say no to.

The jokes were entertaining. The story was really short and I’m not sure what Will had to do with much of it.

Rw43Rw43about 2 years ago

I disagree with Sbrooks103 about the validity of the background material.

<>

Many flash stories imply (by the absence of background material) that the past has no bearing on the present, and that even the future has little relevance--it's all about here, now, passion, feelings and 750 words.

<>

So taking a moment to establish why the lounge lizard is permitted to persist in mangling marriages reveals why John the type A has a certain degree of insecurity when he sees his sweetie getting hit on.

<>

Sure, some flash stories include unnecessary characterization, while others neglect some that could be helpful. Just like when the judges in the cooking shows disagree on how much of the fruit should be included in the dessert--do you include the pulp, or are you just striving for the flavor?

<>

Anyway, loved the wit of Princess Mary Elizabeth. She made sure hubby knew who she belongs to even while she played with fire.

<>

Watched about 18 hours of Masters coverage last weekend but never heard that joke. Never met Lucky. Then again, since they spent about 15 hours talking about Tiger, the broadcast didn't really discuss anyone else.

<>

Wait...could Lucky really be our beloved philandering 5-time champion Eldrick?

Davidj001Davidj001about 2 years ago
Story was good.

5* for the joke!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Don't give up your day job because you sure as hell aren't a writer.

BrentJWBrentJWabout 2 years ago

I gave 4* instead of three because of the last joke.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 2 years ago

Start with a joke, end with a joke. I feel cheated on the story in between.

mainer42mainer42about 2 years ago

well done dialogue no nitpicking here

012Say012Sayabout 2 years agoAuthor

Interesting to get comments both pro and con on background AND to agree with both. To no one's surprise, these tales of mine are not epics created over years of painstaking research. I like an idea well enough to explore it and leave myself some room to expand it - if that seems warranted (to readers, or to me).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Simply not good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I gave you * because I can't find -1

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

That was a bit of fun. Nothing earth shaking but better than much of what we've been fed here lately.

And for those questioning whether she would run into a man she cant say no to....then it isnt the man that got her, it was something she was more than willing to bet her marriage on.

Women, and men, for that matter, are rarely "seduced" unless they want to be. In the world of LW women drops their panties in the drop of a hat...because its needed to write what we read, it isnt fact. Even though some here think the behavior the misogynists put to word is truly how woman are (yes I read most comments) it doesnt actually make them that way.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Interesting story!

4

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 2 years ago

Great writing!!! Concerning detractors remember, what Col. Vo, commander of the LLDB detachment at Cần Thơ always said, "So' man try an' do. So' man try an' fail. Odda man not attempt. No attempt, dey all numma 10! Dey not matta fo' na-thing." 5/5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The golf joke at the end was the Topper to a reasonably good story...

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

What did I think... not much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Was it a club full of wimpy cucks? Why hadn't Jerome fallen up a few sets of stairs yet?

TeggeTeggeabout 2 years ago

Could have been much more, ended up being kinda lame.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I would have given you a 4 just for the jokes! I also REALLY like the way John is wound up by Ginger.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When Legio is quoting some mumbo jumbo to push this mess?? You know your story sucks.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Good story, even better joke.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Have never and will never understand the "getting wound up by third (or more) parties" thing. Just seems like a shitty way to behave.

No one to like I this tale,well, maybe Wil, seems like a level headed no nonsense type.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the opening scene and the closing joke. Unfortunately, the filler you had to add in the middle pulled your score down.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

Not very entertaining...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good to see a female character who has some sense and morals and integrity - but you're way out of step with the other authors around here.

(Are you sure that kind of character presentation is allowed on the Lit pages?...) Maybe other authors don't have that in their lives, so can't write about it - ? Very good theme and writing. Thank you...

alextasyalextasy7 months ago

Hilarious. Great stories. Excellent writing.

Thank you!

ibuguseribuguser7 months ago

Hilarious indeed. I'd have stopped and given you 5* with pool boy story. Still 5*.

silentsoundsilentsound3 months ago

5* for the pool boy. 👌

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
user012Say@012Say
I find the LW stories fascinating. So many talented authors finding different stories in a very narrow set of circumstances. The stories which I prefer (to write) are not as black and white as some. I think living well is the best revenge. I keep looking for stories which appr...