All Comments on 'Ginny meets Santa'

by VirginiaMarieAndrews

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Love it

Do we get one for this Christmas?Sure hope so.

SimonTheCatSimonTheCatalmost 8 years ago
Awwwww <3

Don't believe much else needs to be said. This was adorable. ^^

VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsover 9 years agoAuthor
"My public..."

Ha!

I just now realized what typo you were talking about!

I have this problem proofreading. If I read something too soon after I write it I can't see the mistakes because I know what I *meant* to type. So, I did not see I'd typed "pubic" when I meant "public." Nor did I see it when I re-read it after your comment.

VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsover 9 years agoAuthor
Mistakes

I've never enjoyed getting things wrong, Or even not-quite-right. But I do, sometimes, see the amusement in mistakes and just about always appreciate what they can teach me.

I rushed "Ginny meets Santa," and am thus not satisfied with it. However, others seem to be happy and with readers requesting I not to delete it, and especially being so nice about it, I'm moved to comply.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Yes Nirginia, there is a 'Samity Clause"

Please VMA, please, please, please! Learn to enjoy your mistakes, errors and accidental word slips.

Malapropisms and punnies are funnies to enjoy.

This was amusing and touching, a sentimental story of human nature.

VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsover 9 years agoAuthor
Leaving it

"My pubic..."

OK. I've retracted my request to have this removed. Hopefully Laurel will see that before she kills it.

I suppose I can file this under "Stick to your methods" or "don't be so quick" or something along those lines.

Now I wonder what to do with the other story? I can't submit them both to the contest.

VMA

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good story

Don't delete it! I liked it. I is funny in spots and sexy as hell in others. And very entertaining. Thank you, Jenny and Merry Christmas.

VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsover 9 years agoAuthor
Kind words

Thanks for the kind words. But I'm feeling pretty adamant about killing it. There's the quality issue, of course. When I decided to whip off a "quick" story, I broke a number of my own writing rules, and it shows. And I want the human-pet-and-santa story to be cleanly separated from Ginny and Katy.

Today I woke up and realized that the story will work better with a kitten than a puppy and with that kitten a few years younger than the mistress rather than twelve years older. A few other thought came to mind too.

That new story is about half written. Because of the way the rules work, I can't put it into the contest. But maybe I'll put it up anyway, as a regular story, to see what people think about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

It might not be up to par with your other Ginny and Katy stories, but it's a fun light-hearted deviation that could serve as the opening to another little 2-3 parter. I wouldn't be too critical of yourself. I, at least, will be quite happy with all the Ginny/Katy I can get.

VirginiaMarieAndrewsVirginiaMarieAndrewsover 9 years agoAuthor
Slated for deletion

Folks, I wrote this up yesterday, 11/27, and submitted it before retiring for the evening. In the light of day I've decided that I don't much like it and have asked to have it deleted. Sorry to have wasted your time with it.

VMA

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous