All Comments on 'Goblin Queen Pt. 06 - End'

by InsertHere99

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

If your objective was to create the most unlikeable MC possible, you succeeded.

InsertHere99InsertHere99over 2 years agoAuthor

It's called an "antihero", Anon. Just so you know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice story. Although I wish the bond between Queen and Karul was a little stronger. But Im a sucker for romance :D

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It isn't being an antihero, he's just an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Anonymous, if you don't like such stories, why did you read it? The protagonist is a submissive sissy. What exactly did you expect? For him to rise up to the occasion and become a hero?

Although I myself happen to like a more mild type of goblin than this. With none of the medieval torture, maiming, and killing. Them being more of a problem, not a menace to be exterminated. But this wasn't too harsh for me to enjoy. Also wouldn't have minded a bit more agency and growth from the protagonist. Maybe a second part where he actually resolves himself and becomes an indispensable companion to the new queen?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Huh. I really liked the way Karul developed. His cowardice has continued through the story, and that's fine. Too many stories try to eliminate all the "lesser" parts of the protagonist in the process of development. His obsession with the Queen, as a man starved of anything else, was very well portrayed. I absolutely loved the ending.

NeverwrongNeverwrongabout 1 year ago

Mediocre. Depressing, cuckold and predictable. Started strong, moved in dumb and bad directions.

NeverwrongNeverwrongabout 1 year ago

Ok, so I was driving and you deserve a longer comment. The whole story fails due to the fact that neither side is sympathetic in any way. People already mentioned the spinless way the MC behaves, but this is in a way understandable.

But it's the goblins, with their grotesque cruelty, exemplified by the queen, that just makes the story a sad waste of time. We don't need fiction to see bad people do bad things: we live in reality, where this is true. The goblins deserve to be wiped out. The story, you, had a choice to not make it about cycles of violence, but you didn't. You're whole point is that the goblins are awful and deserve death and the MC is pathetic, but this doesn't lead to any kind of satisfying or good ending. If your point was to cuck the reader out of a good story, by having everything before the attack in the queen lead you to think the story might be good, well, congrats, you did it.

But even in smut, we want to see growth, and your story only had been descend and become worse. You made the world worse with your story, not better. Just like how the MCs seed didn't give birth to any real offspring of his, your imagination only gave birth to a mean, small story, that could have been larger and better.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous