All Comments on 'God Damn My Heart'

by Cagivagurl

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Loneliness is a powerful force!

5

skruff101skruff101almost 2 years ago

Short and very very sweet.

No need to comment on the writing, excellent as usual.

Bronco56Bronco56almost 2 years ago

Very romantic. Very sad. But hopefully it works out in the end. You got another hit. 5 stars

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 2 years ago

Nice. A ray of sunshine in the morning to start the day. Thanks much.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952almost 2 years ago

Great job. Short, but very sweet.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 2 years ago

Actually worth a five. One of those rare times you step outside of your comfort zone and write a story that doesn't have an infuriatingly weak beta male protagonist.

Wish you would do this more often. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great little short story. Emotionally very powerful. Five stars.

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 2 years ago

Love how you linked her feelings/hesitancy to poignant lyrics. Nice ending — sometimes, maybe even more often than we think, relationships are salvaged. Yes, you could have crafted a longer piece around the demise of their relationship and/or followed up with their renewal, but why — this short piece was perfect. 5*****. Enjoy your writing/talent.

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 2 years ago

Nice story. Mistakes are made couples fall out of love with each other. At least they think they do. Yes I know its just a story but I hope they make it. Thank you for the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow, a sweet story from Cagivagurl? Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hopefully since the divorce she is at a place in her almighty career where she will be able to show him that she can and will spend time with him. Otherwise, they will just be casual friends with benefits whenever she can get in town.

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 2 years ago

Nice premise. Very different for you. 5-star effort.

Hooked

shopratshopratalmost 2 years ago

Really good story, especially considering it's brevity.

MormonJackMormonJackalmost 2 years ago

Awesome, thank you Cagivagurl! Touching. I wonder, though: has anything changed? Sure, they both realize they made mistakes. Yet, she is flying to meeting him because she has finished up her business trip. I would hope that they (and she, where her travel was the breaking point) have a new solution.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 2 years ago

Great story, as usual from Cagivagurl. Always a "must read," and this is no exception. Not sure why some commentators feel like they gotta take a swipe while making a compliment. Can't just enjoy a dope story? Anyway, five stars, of course. Randi.

stewartbstewartbalmost 2 years ago

All those stories on Literotica with 2nd chances ... all it takes is just one for two.

SamanthaSmithSamanthaSmithalmost 2 years ago

Oh, how true this story feels. I love every word, Cagivagurl. ‘5’ Stars from me!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

I wasn't sure where the story was going at the beginning, but the transition and conclusion were pure brilliance, among your best work! 5* (Agree with Hooked, I was surprised to see you in this genre, but you're one of the writers on my stalking list, so here I am...LOL)

TechumsahTechumsahalmost 2 years ago

Liked it. Been a minute since I have read a story where I like both the main characters.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 2 years ago

I like longer stories usually but definitely enjoy these "flash" stories that tell a complete tale and this was a wonderful tale. I'm a sucker for well handled reconciliation stories. 5 stars.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Great little story.

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 2 years ago

Damm ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

jazzharpjazzharpalmost 2 years ago

Love it! And it's short; I didn't have to read it over several days.

stev2244stev2244almost 2 years ago

Wow, that was short, realistic and sweet. Very good story.

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Damn, girl. This one came out of nowhere. Definitely a 5.

ThorMcBalboThorMcBalboalmost 2 years ago

Cagivagurl.. sometimes your stories make me so fucking angry, and sometimes, likes this One a Little year of happiness fall on the screen

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

So far, so good...FTDS

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 2 years ago

This was a very poignant little romance. Well written and with lots of emotion. Nice job and five stars from me.

dc6370dc6370almost 2 years ago

Even in a short story you nailed the emotions. 5*

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

Really well done Cagivagurl

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Tastefully done. Clever use of a song. Definitely a five!

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxalmost 2 years ago

WOW! I don't know what else to say. Perfect!! Damn, I got something in my eye.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Pretty sad when people make the wrong choices. A marriage takes work and dedication. It's a partnership and a full time one at that. Communication is the key. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice one bud

peter944peter944almost 2 years ago

A nice little story about how we sometimes screw things up in our lives then have to realize what we did and decide to try and fix them. Well done.

MainboyMainboyalmost 2 years ago

Well done!!!!

Damn! I enjoyed this.

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51almost 2 years ago

Awesome, right to the point, how I lost my wife of 35 years

groaningbumpgroaningbumpalmost 2 years ago

Beautiful story. Short and to the point. Just fantastic.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 2 years ago

Just stumbled onto this. I don't know how I missed it. Yes, I do. Romance. I don't usually read these. (It makes me cry.) Get back together, guys. Stupid is as stupid does. The Bear approves. 5 stars. It's nice when people realize they screwed up because of pride, or whatever. I really do like this one. Keep writing, Cagivagurl.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sometimes this author hits just the right note. Liked this story a lot. Separated from the major love of my life at 29- a Ukrainian girl on Cyprus, had a child and then sepereated over what we later both realized were trivial concerns. Took a failed marriage and a dead spouse between us to realize our youthful stupidity. And massive regrets over not raising a dauigjhter I didn't know I had for almost twenty years. Many, even myself, may have quibbles about this authors story premises but she is an excellent writer and would make a fne novelist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A beautiful, bitter-sweet story that leaves us with hope for a positive ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Full of hope. Great story.

Pjam1968Pjam1968over 1 year ago

The reconnecting was way to fast, not very realistic

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You write very well and with a great deal of emotional description.

JackDancerJackDancerover 1 year ago

Damn. You write hope and reconciliation really well. I love it!

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Yay for the modern career girl...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

More!

Way more!

WakeupnowWakeupnowover 1 year ago

Great writing. Guy is a fool to go back. She was still traveling just as much

AllNigherAllNigherover 1 year ago

Well written. Though I'd like to see where they end up the ending is fitting for the story. We're can use or imagination. She's had ab epiphany and maybe she can change... maybe they both can accommodate each other best. Nice.

TechumsahTechumsahover 1 year ago

One of the best you have written in my opinion just wish it was more than a page.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Not sure why some commenters think he is anfool to want her back. Obviously now she is ready to leave her job. She was probably willing after his ultimatum to wind down but it came too late and she held onto her pride while he was too wounded. Why can't they start over?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This good short story is as real as life.That makes it a winner. The story is way to short,take that as a compliment. I have said it about husbands' and it also applies to her/wives. Relations and Family first, a job is a means to an end.She deserved her situation and he would be a fool to renew the relationship,she has already shown he will always come second...But Caviagurls MCs all seem to lack backbone,conviction and resolve..

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

To Anonymous 7 days ago and all the others that think like he/she thinks, You kon't believe people can change? What planet are you living on? Maybe you can't change. Maybe you don't believe in forgiveness, even when someone clearly admits they were wrong. If he's miserable without her, why not chance it? He's already suffering. Why not take a chance on happiness? Everyone doesn't have the same twisted beliefs that you have.

chasbo38chasbo389 months ago

The story does not address the root of the problem. She loves her job just doesn't like to travel ? Seems like travel is her job. These two wold be a lot better off if they stayed apart and just met for an occasional fuck fest when they felt the need.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt8 months ago

Maybe you can go home?! Thank you!

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

The story is so short that it can be read multiple times, and it should be read because author packed a lot of emotion and romantic drama into very few words. 5*.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy598 months ago

There are always possibilities and with that one more chance.

GardenshedGardenshed7 months ago

Nice short story, made my day……. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

ysaeosysaE

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

To the author:

on numerous occasions you confuse a noble husband with a faggot husband

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Too easy - not even close to believable - really could have been good, but just disappointing...

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith6 months ago

Very touching, a piece of the human comedy. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Lovely story. Short but to the point. Clear 5 stars.

WargamerWargamer2 months ago

Lovely romance, you are an excellent romance writer, this brought a tear to my eye. Good writers do that.

Scores 5(5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCagivagurl@Cagivagurl
Please do not ask for permission to rewrite any of my stories. The answer is no. The stories and characters within, are mine. I created them, they are mine and mine alone. Save yourself the time and don't ask. If I do not respond to your attempts at contact. It is because I do...

SIMILAR Stories