All Comments on 'Goin' Fishin''

by MarshAlien

Sort by:
  • 588 Comments (Page 3)
roveroneroveronealmost 8 years ago
Read it again..

...and liked it just as much as the first time...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
do more

love it next chapter ? soon I hope

lezzyslutlezzyslutalmost 8 years ago
wow

oh mai gosh .its sooooocute

CarolSoCalCarolSoCalalmost 8 years ago
Wonderful, simply wonderful

This story rises high into the pantheon of classic tales here on Lit., becoming one of my few I will read again and again. Kudos to the author!

tBilltBillalmost 8 years ago
Great story!

I love reading when the story is "fresh"! Well written, your grammar and spelling are perfect and characters are developed without the usual drivel! Bravo!

SampkyangSampkyangalmost 8 years ago
This is a 10 star story, but I can only vote 5 as I did

BUT I did NOT like the ending. NEVER NEVER NEVER make a PUBLIC proposal unless there is a long relationship with the obvious yes answer. A public proposal is a FORCED YES! YOU do NOT know what is in her heart in a heated lust/love romance. Give her a chance to think and maybe say no. She may say yes easily with a tinge of regret over a lost love who Might come back to haunt in the future with cheating. It's actually common and destroys lives...This story wants to say there was a romance for 13 years unrealized, so WHY didn't they try and find each other??? Sorry can't buy it ZERO reason to FORCE a girl to accept a public proposal.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I have not read

any better stories here.

Well thought out and developed.

Thank you a pleasant respite!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Loved the story, hated the ending, you don't put the engagement ring inside desert, they are at a country club so you don't throw desert, other than that I liked the story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 8 years ago
Still Great

I first read your story in 2007 and thought it was great. Still one one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Absotutly

The Best. All the quibbles are just that - quibbles. When I want my romantic stories to mirror real life I'll want them to end in divorce. The ring, the desert, the line he says - they're just great as is the rest of this delightful story.

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
I Love This Story 5*'s

The only thing I DID NOT like was the public proposal for marriage. That's almost never called for and doesn't give her a chance to kindly refuse as she deserves. Public makes her feel forced to accept. Why would you want a forced acceptance, even it wasn't??? I think a proposal of marriage should be alone with the one you dearly love, then shared. Sometimes the answer is so blatantly obvious that public is ok, but NOT in this story, so NO I did not like that part AT ALL...sometimes it's best why the yes isn't quite there yet before total commitment is made.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
It has been 8 years since MA last posted a story on Lit

Does anyone know if he is using a different username or is posting on another site?

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
YOU DONT NEED WATER TO CATCH FISH

the best ones to land are usually in the deepest holes; TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I AGREE WITH SOME OF THE COMMENTS

This story is not finished yet! Please where is the author long time no see the stories?Also public proposal She-it he's game! I hope MarshAlien is in good standing health wise? Fantastic story! Love you all! GREG OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Lovely story, but...

I like the story, but is not ended, needs a sequel, and the readers are several years waiting for that.

5* for you, but we are still waiting for more of this tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Kneeling?

Kneeling to propose in public is only done in soap operas. Except for that proposal everything of this story was magically written. Loved it.

Kitist02Kitist02over 7 years ago
Still absolutely Superb!

I already wrote a long, effusive comment (it's on page four of the comments if you're curious), but as I re-read this for maybe the fifth time, I found myself wanting to write another long comment about how much I enjoyed this.

I won't.

Suffice it to say that it hasn't faded in multiple re-readings, and is indeed just as much fun as the original reading. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
To 10/04/16 Anon

I never knew my life was a soap opera... never even saw the cameras when i kneeled 19 years ago to propose to my now wife

SamuraiMerchantSamuraiMerchantover 7 years ago
Loved It!

Sweet and beautifully written; a splendid and wonderful romantic story! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Awesome every time I read it!

I reread this story every time I need cheering up. Fortunately that's not often, but it does the trick every time. Thanks so much for this story and all of your others as well. Please keep writing and posting here at Lit.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
My second reading and even I find it a charming story

Every time I read it I like and makes me smile better.

Sorry for not being able to give 5*

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
One of my all time favorites read and re-read several times

My ONLY negative is the public proposal. It killed an intimate moment....made it seem a bit cheap to me...forced her hand even if she didn't end up feeling that way...I have public proposals that did work, but this one did not.

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
left out word

SEEN public proposals on video...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A great story! 5 Stars

I read this story about twice a year and it is still a great read! Keep them coming!

Cajun in Baton Rouge!D519

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago

It's sweet and made me smile, though it ends pretty abruptly, feels more like it was cut off mid-paragraph rather than finished.

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
Loved it...loved it...loved it!

Been meaning to read this one forever...sure glad I did...wish I had done it before now!

mchinnimchinniover 7 years ago
MAGNIFICENT

Magnificent, simply magnificent. Too bad the story rating only goes to 5 stars. This is *easily* worth 10+ stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Yup!

Sappy, sentimental, soppy, slick and sickeningly good!

BillandKateBillandKateover 7 years ago
Geeat Romance Story

Wonderful- thanks for a nice, light romance.

BillandKateBillandKateover 7 years ago
Great ....

(sorry for the typo)

TheFourEyedVampireTheFourEyedVampireover 7 years ago
Ah, now here's a good One Shot!

Having had just read through your, shall was say... Less favorable piece on writers and their editors, this was both refreshing and delightful. A short, but maybe just tad bit too short, story with excellent plot and a well developed cast of characters, each with their own pasts and past selves. And what a title! Deceptive, but very fitting. I love it.

Your slow-ish reveal of the girls' plan was perfectly timed, but your ending was a bit confusing. I was eventually able to piece it together, but it was... How to put it... Less carefully laid out then the rest of the submission. It felt like you wanted to be done writing it and so hurried to the punch line. I loved the idea behind your finisher, but the delivery needs a bit of work, I think.

Anyhow, you did a wonderful job and certainly made up in my mind for the story listed right above this. I know I should say what the name of it is, but I don't want to get it wrong and I'm doing all of this on a mobile that hates copying text and loves refreshing web pages. So I'm not gonna risk it.

See you in the comments of your next story, Marsh!

- The Four-Eyed Vampire

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
@ TheFourEyedVampire

When you start writing your own stories and submit them to the mercy of over critical dickheads who are just like you, then, and only then do you have the right to criticize anyone else's work. Until that time comes, "Shut the Fuck Up, You Asshole!"

ArediaArediaover 7 years ago
Second Read-through

I first read this some time ago - long enough that when I found it again I didn't remember it until I was half-way through it (again). I was going to "five-star" it - couldn't - I'd done it the first time! :) OK - I'm a fool for a good sappy romance and happy endings. In this story I got all of those, and told well, too. Thank-you for a delightful read - again. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
sweet and well designed

This is an extremely sweet and romantic story with all the traits of like a good hallmark movie except it was even better and had more thought put into it (I thought).

You see the characters go through some transformations, the setting is still fantastically romantic in it's depiction, like any good story like this is, but you can still see the real brutal world peaking though but not disturbing the story. Very well done, I've seen better but I'm definitely not criticizing.

I don't know why but I adored the love scene. (Even though I half expected it) it was so sweet that when she realized who he was she dropped all prevaricating and stalling and immediately went to seducing him in her sweet, timid yet direct manner. Very cute!

Like many stories, especially short stories and doubly so for stories on here, the ending was good, very good in fact but in punctuating the ending I felt the reader was left hangin' a bit. I believe the true solution and compromise for these situations, rather than a requested sequel or a lengthened edit, is often an epilogue. You know, show us it's a happily every after like we all want and believe it will be.

Thanks again, and great story. Keep Writing! Where ever you may be.

D

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
The sands of time change little.

I've read this story about a dozen times over the last decade; it always lifts my spirits.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
SENTIMENTAL TURD

Unfortunately I'm talking about myself. This is a sweet story of love rediscovered. In fact it's almost saccharine sweet, everybody but the bitch sister is a wonderful, thoughtful, caring individual with great integrity.

Alright, lets get back to burning bitches!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Cindergirl next door

And now for the breakdown. Never gonna give you up, Never gonna give, Never gonna give up Jenny!

A new spin on Cinderella, I liked this story.

5 stars!

zatzoy14zatzoy14about 7 years ago
I have to agree with that Cinder commenter

Everything there the only change is the mother is good. The sister is a evil gold digger. His lady friends were like fairy godmothers the dress and hair. The were her friends from her past.

A new Cinderella-:Cindergirl next door. I got it "Never gonna give you up. by Envogue". How was that for a break down.

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 7 years ago
Such sweet people!

Thanks for introducing me!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I love this story and read it several times

But I have always been troubled by the ending. Unless you absolutely know the answer a public proposal should NEVER be made. It forces a yes answer and the intended might still be a bit unsure. If I were a woman I would say I'll think about it even if the answer was easily a yes. It's EXTREMELY rude to force a yes answer when the proposal should be a private very tender moment. I have seen some very nice public proposals that were well planned and fun such as a flash dance for the intended, but the answer was basically already discussed just the asking left to do...That made the proposal special. There have been public proposals that got a NO answer just as the ASSHOLE deserved.

guiltypleasureloverguiltypleasureloverabout 7 years ago
Going fishi?

Great story. But no fishing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Fantastic love story!

One of the best that I have had pleasure to read. Please write some more like this!

LA Cajun guy!A

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Very Nice 5* story

But public proposals gall me. Almost every time I wish the girl would say NO! Proposals are personal and meant to be loving not a public thing. There are times when a known proposal is definitely coming and the outcome is very known that a public is OK such as a flash dance set up as a proposal. Those are way too cool, but unexpected proposals should NEVER made public EVER!

BertieBlackBertieBlackabout 7 years ago
Exceptional!!!!!!

Extremely well written, well sequenced and the story's nuance was held together by your skillful writing. Exceptional!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Goin' Fishin'?

Not sure where the heading came from, but it was a great story with a fantastic ending.

1wrngrght1wrngrghtabout 7 years ago
Looks like somebody done needs a clue on that hook?

Great story, well told.

Um...to my fellow readers...about the title...Goin' Fishin'...you remember, Jenny shows up with a deck of cards and a simple "Got any jacks?"...it's a card game....called FISH...you need to match cards in your hand to get rid of the cards in your hand so you ask the person(s) your playing with, "Got any _____?"...if they do, they gotta give it to you...if they don't, they tell you "Go fish!" and now you pick a card from the deck which means you have even more cards in your hand, so you need even more matches to get rid of them...play continues until ...oh forget it.

boatbummboatbummabout 7 years ago
You Came Highly Recommended

And this story clearly show why! An author who's handle shows up at the top of HDK's favorites list (not here, over on SOL) is someone I'm going to read for sure.

In addition to making me feel warm and fuzzy and loving, you also made me laugh so hard that I almost choked!

If I could give this 500 stars, I would. Thanks! Sorry that you're not still active any more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
excellent story. !!!!!!!

Loved it. First story of yours I've read. Going to look for more now.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 7 years ago
'Would have been better if author let it simmer...

In about 72 hours, this guy not only ended up bedding a girl he hasn't seen in more than a decade, but he actually thought immediately asking her for marriage is a great idea?

C'mon now.

But, heck, it's fiction. And, expect for the egregious usage of time, it's well written. 'Would have bought the thing if it wasn't so rush, though.

ausvirgoausvirgoabout 7 years ago
Loved it.

Great story.

Yes, MightyHorny is right that the proposal was a bit quick, however:

1) Bill trusted Marcia, who had known Jenny in the intervening years and still considered her to be "the one" for Bill. And Marcia had told Bill that when he found the right person for him he'd know it, and not to blow it.

2) Bill had known Jenny for 5 or six years, and had fallen in love with Jenny before the 13 year gap, and Jenny with him, and they'd had the opportunity to see that they were each still essentially the same person, albeit a bit more mature, and still in love.

3) This was only a proposal, not a wedding, so if it didn't work out it would be a bit awkward, but not a disaster. They'd already had sex, and slept together, so a) knew the chemistry/compatibility was there at that level, and b) it wasn't like the proposal would change much in practice, other than sending out a clear message to gold-digger Heather not to interfere.

4) As MightyHorny said, it's Fiction 🙂.

Oh, yeah, and I overanalyze things.

As I said, I loved the story.

I will certainly check out your other stories.

boatbumm seems to be right about you being inactive here - do you have new stories available elsewhere, or commercially?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

Far too rushed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

loved it!

TornadoTysTornadoTysalmost 7 years ago
Another Great Read

A bery good read, loved it

Buddy1945Buddy1945almost 7 years ago
Good story

A fun read. 5 stars and in my favorites

Ron

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
2nd time

I've been trying to find the story so I could reread it. Glad I did, great again. Thank you

Northpacific2017Northpacific2017almost 7 years ago
more

More Please favorite story and author

North

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A+ old man

I really liked this story. It was very smart and funny. A+

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
*****

Great reading this story a second time and remembering just how great this author writes.

Buddy1945Buddy1945over 6 years ago
Curious

Great story and in my favorites. Courious if there will be a follow-up story ?

Ron

Buddy1945Buddy1945over 6 years ago
Poor. Heather

Heather just blew it again. Maybe one of these days she will meet a nice guy like WILLIE aka. BILL and settle down and realise that it is not being wealthy money wise but being wealthy in a good loving relationship like Jenny and Bill have although it doesn't hurt that Bill has done very well for himself and gives back to his community. This story is in my favorites and it just bring a smile to my face every time that I read it. The tomboy teacher and the business consultant aka mover.

Ron. cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Great story

You had me from the beginning couldn't stop reading. Loved the surprised ending about the engagement ring.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wonderfully written!

It is always so very refreshing to stumble upon a well written story! I am very glad to say that this is one that I really enjoyed. I see that it has been a while since the author has submitted a story but I surely hope that he is still around and is able to appreciate the recent comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Heartwarming

Almost half a million views indicates how well written and engaging this story is.

Admittedly, two dozen of those views are mine as every month or so I am compelled to read this delightful work again!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good

Would have liked it to be about longer with tales of Heather's word and how the loving couple and her mother got on

loragassloragassover 6 years ago
Very Good Read!

Am patiently waiting on Ch. 2

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Good luck on your wait pal! Marshalien has sadly stopped publishing here long ago

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
He Phoned Home (E.T.)

Funny as! It's a pity the Author stopped publication of stories? Anyway I enjoyed this Story immensely Thanks★★★★★ WOOF!

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerover 6 years ago
Wonderful Story

Very simple tale about a regular guy...good one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
3rd or 4th reading

Still a great story.

Thanks,

SS1969

KaereniSisterKaereniSisterover 6 years ago

A really nice story. Thank you for sharing it.

AlaninSFAlaninSFover 6 years ago
Good Story

It is a treat to find such a pretty love story on Literotica.

GlendarGlendarover 6 years ago
Funny and Mushy - The Best!

I'm always a sucker for a big reveal - and there are two here. But the humor and light repartee that permeates the story is just the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
An Excellent 5 Star Story With 1 Mistake

A great plot and excellent character development. IMHO I would have given 6 stars but had to knock it down to 5 because you should not complement the dress - you should complement the woman and how it makes her look. For a brief moment the dress was made more important than Jenny.

It was a very easy read because the author took the time to have excellent editing. The story flows very well without any dead spots. Overall, a very well written story. Thanks for taking the time to share this with your readers.

BadHusbandMikeBadHusbandMikeover 6 years ago
Good read!

You tale was a fun and refreshing change of pace. Thank you.

Rocketmann21Rocketmann21over 6 years ago
Who cares but you

Good story, I would hope if we sat down you would tell me a story just as well.

I could careless about any dresses but, you a correct about the character development it was very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
too hurried

still great tale

5 stars

because most other tales are 2 star

Fahrenheit_451Fahrenheit_451about 6 years ago
A Little Rushed

I loved this story; 5 stars. My only complaint is that it felt a bit rushed.

peter944peter944about 6 years ago
Well done

Loved the way you tied that all up with a neat little bow! 5*!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Short and (very) sweet.

CaOldDogCaOldDogabout 6 years ago
Fantastic love story

Well crafted story 5* with a great ending!

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

Romance for sure 5*

Bebop3Bebop3about 6 years ago
Excellent

That was a delightful story and well worth the 5 stars. I just wish I could give it more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
GREAT STORY BUT I DON'T LIKE THE WAY IT JUST STOPPED

GOOD STORY BUT ITS ENDING IS TOO ABRUPT... LIKE SOMETHING IS MISSING.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
boring

It just seem to run on and on... Nice story but very boring......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wonderful!!!

Very sweet and romantic — thank you for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
you should add more to this story ……!!!!!!!!!?

really liked it

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
If

If Willie and Marcia could recognise each other after ten years now come Jenny and Heather did not?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Awesome Job

I have read this story before I while back and re read it cause it was just that good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The best dam story I've read in a long time.

Wonderful story, well thought out and left me with laughter and a very pleasant feeling that I haven't experienced in quite a while. Well done and keep writing. Pete

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A Fun read

To me the primise of this story is unrealistic as hell, BUT the plot and flow and twists and turns make this a VERY ENJOYABLE read !!!

Keep up your story writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just as great....

Again. And, the best part? I'M NOT ALL PISSED OFF AFTER READING ANOTHER LW STORY! !! Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

I love this story. It’s probably in my “Top Three of All Time” list of stories I’ve read here on Literotica. My only criticism of it is about the ending. It seems just a little too forced, a little too...hell, I don’t know, maybe a little weak. It just seems to me that as great as the story was, the ending should have just as much of a powerful impact. And it didn’t. At least, not for me. I would still rate the story 5 stars, without a doubt.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
One of the best

keep writing one of the best truly exceptional story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Good. Story

Local boy makes it big a really good friend from his past moves back and a true love is recindled from his past. A really good romance story. 5 Stars not the first time to read it and in my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
In Love

I am in love!! I love your story. You are one of my favorites!! Keep sharing your talent!

sirelcsirelcalmost 6 years ago
Enjoyable story

First, I've always enjoyed this story.

I come back and read it every now and again.

My only, minor, complaint is its too short. Both in time in the story and in length.

I like the setup, but wish it was over two weeks. I get the reveal but it doesn't need to be a few days.

Still one of my favorite stories

penneydog55penneydog55almost 6 years ago
Wowee

With Several Hundred Comments and a majority of the comments in favor of the story! ....I definitely can say that this Story is a Classic (a story liked by all and has stood the test of time)

So Yeah My Comment is Predictable I Loved it so Yeah You get My Endorsement ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

ranec1ranec1almost 6 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur bro awesome story

forsure798285forsure798285over 5 years ago
Wow! What a great story!

Yeppee! A great read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous