All Comments on 'Going for a Sail'

by Zach_lost_in_Aus

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
ag2507ag2507over 3 years ago

Not first person but second person point of view: I'm sure some folk like them but I don't just dislike them but hate them with a passion. I think it's because the you is intended to be me but I squirm when you/me does something so not me that I can seldom go more than one paragraph. There's a reason mainstream fiction sticks to first and third person narrative: they don't sell.

StrattonChambersStrattonChambersover 3 years ago

I loved this story, plain and simple. I learned to sail as a teenager and, beginning in our early forties, my wife and I spent 20 seasons sailing, mostly Chesapeake Bay, but a few other places as well. We had to give up the last boat a year and a half ago, as age and infirmities were making it too difficult to be fun, but we have done so many of the things, both sexual and non-sexual, described here that it brought back some very sweet memories.

AncientTravellerAncientTravellerover 3 years ago
Terrible

"You"-format stories should be prohibited by law. It's the lousiest story-format ever invented.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
ag2507

Totally agree!

I automatically award 1*!

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

It's not the 1st person POV but tge 2nd person usage that is hard to identify with.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userZach_lost_in_Aus@Zach_lost_in_Aus
An Englishman wandering abroad, in mind and in body. If you would like to make a comment about my stories then I would like to hear it.