Good Neighbors Ch. 072

Story Info
We go for a walk. She offers some lifestyle changes.
821 words
4.72
3k
00

Part 73 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers

There have been many lifestyle changes introduced to me by my neighbor. My diet changed soon after she started checking on me. There was also the change in some of my clothing choices as well. The one major change was her frequent offers to go walking with me whenever I could for exercise. It was one such walk that she sprung some thoughts on me I wasn't expecting.

We were taking a lap around the lake near our houses. I was wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt while she wore her favorite lounge pants and hoodie. As we neared the bridge near the end, I noticed how quiet it became as if we were the only folks around. It was then I noticed the sky starting to look a little dark. I looked past the bridge and saw one of the picnic shelters. I took her by the hand and walked towards it before we started to feel drops.

We watched from the shelter as we saw the sky open. It seemed like mere moments between the initial showers and the clap of thunder. We sat there in the center of the shelter on one of the picnic tables holding each other while it exploded around us. I started to kiss her forehead as she snuggled in close. She started whispering in my ear how nice it was as my arms surrounded her. It was all about the feeling of needing her safe more than any other thoughts in my head.

One thunderclap felt too close for comfort, and she jumped for a second before looking at me in shock. My lips moved in almost on instinct, kissing her deeply as I held her close. Her mouth opened during that embrace, and we sat there kissing each other. The thunderclaps became a distant thought as did where we were and what was going on. We kept deep kissing. We didn't stop until we could hear the rain stop hitting the shelter. We both pulled back and smiled at each other before we went back on the trail.

As we neared her car, she started talking about possibly increasing my water intake. I looked at her a bit when we were inside the car before she gave me that "I'm serious" look. It was then I realized that she was looking out for me, just like she had even before Missy died. I swallowed hard.

"I will,"

"You will what, Romeo?" she asked me.

"I'll try to drink more water."

She seemed to pause, then she pulled out of the parking space.

"You're not just saying that, are you?" she asked.

I looked at her straight.

"I mean it."

She pulled over to the side of the road.

"Leo, I don't know what you're trying to do, but it's really unnerving you're making jokes about..."

I kissed her again before she started to kiss back. There was a good few minutes of deep kissing before we both stopped.

"What was that for, Leo?"

"I was showing you I was being serious. You are always looking out for me, Amor. I want to be better. I know being in better shape is part of it. So, if you tell me I need to drink more water, I'm going to do it. I know you have other ideas I might not be as receptive to right away, but I'm not afraid to make changes."

I watched as she had that look of surprise again. She was trying to search for words to say before my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and it was Matt, my business partner. I looked at my neighbor who nodded her head. I went ahead and took the call. It was just him checking up on me as usual and letting me know about the in-office meeting later in the week. I ended the call quickly, but politely before I looked at my neighbor.

"I am still in shock. I honestly thought all men were pig-headed like Mitchel when it came to taking care of themselves. I'm sorry for doubting your sincerity, Leo."

"It's alright, Amor."

"No, it's not. Even during our entire marriage, trying to get him to be receptive to ideas about his health was an uphill battle. It may have been what contributed to his cancer. But you are listening to me. You always have. Sometimes I take it for granted so much, but you're something else."

"I have a confession to make."

"Go ahead."

"I always listen to you. Probably because you know me so well and understand me. It just seems to make sense."

She edged closer and we started kissing again as we could hear rain on the roof. We waited out that shower as well before we drove back on the road and went home. It's not always about the seduction, but sometimes just listening seems to be just as empowering.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers