All Comments on 'Gotta Pay the Piper Ch. 17'

by Gamblnluck

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
servant111servant111about 2 years ago

Meh. Too much attention on esoteric parameters concerning slavery, a subject that I find simply boring and rather distasteful. The character’s dialogue is framed like a third person emotionless debate like a passage from Plato’s Republic. There is no s no vibrant emotion whatsoever. This does dispassionate debate over the finer points of this or that slave’s passive or dominant status is utterly insipid. As this tortuous debate meanders on and on

The whole thing becomes so boring it’s like watching paint dry…

2 stars for wasting our time on this utterly meaningless nonsense.

Qwer12Qwer12about 2 years ago
Fun Fun Fun Entertainment 5 Stars

Such a fun story and the storyline just gets better and better. So enjoyable to read. Love the character development and the overlapping stories of the different girls. Great job. Keep up the great writing and thanks for the time it takes to make this a great story. Cheers

Vintage_DMVintage_DMabout 2 years ago

Well young man, you did it again. I do hope you are proud of yourself. Ya done put up another great story. Wonder how and when it happens. Not if rather when.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 years ago

Please keep them coming!

tizwickytizwickyabout 2 years ago

Good chapter but I'm getting a little frustrated with the slow progression of Lenore's plot line. Bass should take control and ORDER Lenore to totally dominate Sherrie, Robin, and Joanne. If she can't do it he must do it himself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"Beating their butts is NOT the solution"

Gonna hard disagree there. Beating or shoving a baseball bat up their asses whenever provoked seems like a very good way to deter future attempts at provocation.

Vintage_DMVintage_DMabout 2 years ago

Servant, thanks for the comic relief. But at the end of the day, your comments are wide of the mark as you display a woeful degree of ignorance. Again, thanks for the laughs. Now servant, go about your job and bring forth a well structured tome for all to enjoy.

LeifsonLeifsonabout 2 years ago

Liked Bas's reflection on slave handling expectations. It's those unexamined cultural expectations that can sneak up on you. And if subconsciously act based on them, it can lead to regrettable actions. Ties into your theme that slaves aren't toys.

And as we intellectually play around with these concepts, it is worth remembering that humans have built-in social traits to get along with others. They are not always reliable, and can be stifled with cultural and institutional practices. Also the US institution of chattel slavery was pretty extreme (compared to others in the historical record). IRL empathy and compassion for those regarded as slaves shouldn't be underestimated.

LeifsonLeifsonabout 2 years ago

Hmm, my last comment was missing a lot of connective tissue. Let me connect the dots a bit better on my last paragraph.

The mention of slavery as practiced in the US, was meant as an example of how culture/laws/etc. can be used to suppress the human traits of empathy/etc. for slaves. The US slavery institution was effective (from a certain viewpoint), and was admired by racist governments (inspiring racial segregation practices in Nazi Germany and Apartheid South Africa).

But despite the effectiveness, slavery and Apartheid were cast out. And a good amount of the reason was those packages of empathy/etc. that physically part of most homo sapiens. It didn't hurt that the institutional practices meant to overcome empathy also lead to other social issues. Many religious people of the slave era in the US were just fine with the cultural practice of using biblical justifications to justify slavery (Cain and Able, etc.); but were bothered by the inherently corrupt nature of sexual congress between slave and owner.

GamblnluckGamblnluckabout 2 years agoAuthor

Liefson... My two long series do not reflect my own ideas of how society should be. Far from it. i abhor the idea of slavery and/or subjugating a group of people.

I introduced these stories as my answer to how a society MIGHT initiate judicial slavery for convicted criminals to offset the costs of incarceration. My opinion is that prison is NOT designed to teach a prisoner a lesson nor rehabilitate. I think many who go into prison come out hardened or learn a better way to commit crime. Prison simply removes criminals from society for a period of time.

Many stories have judicial criminals (especially females) as sex toys, condoned by society with little regard for their safety. Some have slavery a lifetime sentence. I cannot believe society would condone any of that.

I thought about what society MIGHT condone if judicial slavery was instituted. Rules would have to be put into place. To prevent uprisings, there would have to be two things. The first is a light at the end of the tunnel,,,,(HOPE). Plus some kind of penalty for violence.

I wanted to write a story how a 'normal ' person might live in such a society. A character study if you will. Knowing full well many of our neighbors would be corrupt, abusive etc. in their own thinking. One might think a prisoner deserves what ever he/she gets. That person committed a crime after all. But how would you think if you actually KNEW the person. If it was a family member. Would you be completely sympathetic? Hardcore bully? Or a mix and conflicted?

In my series, I have two men, Bas and Derek of different ages and backgrounds, coming to grips with slavery. Both are good guys. Neither really went out of their way to buy a slave and deal with the whole slavery situation, but circumstances pushed them. And they embrace their roles in a way that reflects their own personality.

HargaHargaabout 2 years ago

Great story and well written. Your exploration of a society using judicial slavery as a penal alternative with a lot of dark humor and it's drastic misuses, makes for a good thought provoking read. I mean it makes you think about what you would do under those circumstances. It may seem like a kinky dream about having some young girl be your sexual slave but than think about if it was your daughter or sister being used the same way. I like for the most part that you keep the story light and not dive to much into the darker aspects of slavery (specifically the neutering of males). Keep up the great work.

.

Cheers

LeifsonLeifsonabout 2 years ago

Sure, your comment is a better explanation of want I meant by saying "as we intellectually play around with these concepts". I think your "device" of having Derek and Bas kind of stumble into slave ownership (as opposed to being an experienced slave holder) is a good way to explore the themes you are interested in.

My comments about sympathy for slaves are partly to recognize the places where you do a good job of exploring things related to that. And partly because I think there are a number of interesting story ideas that could be mined (and I am too busy/slow writer to do it myself :) ). For example picture the modern version of an underground railroad, or abolitionists. Perhaps they think the criminal sentences are too long, or they have other problems with the institution of slavery. But since there a criminal aspect to people who become slaves, that could make it different - would the underground railroad limit the type of slaves they rescue (no murders, something like that). Where would the freed slave go, and how would they deal with the murderous collars (probably Faraday cages to block signals)? You kind of touched on some of these ideas with the mythical safe wilderness for slaves; but perhaps people trying to setup a real safe area might provide some drama? Regards...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGamblnluck@Gamblnluck
I have been reading stories here for years. I had written stories for a role reversal site and wanted to expand that endeavor. Recently a friend asked me how I liked retirement and what I did with my time. I told him I write internet porn stories. As he looked surprised, I sai...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES