Green Panties

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jake sat back and crossed his arms, a smug look on his face. I got the impression the boys thought I'd want full partnership in the business and that I was going to fight them. Little did they know I had been looking for a way to move on without hurting mom for months. This played right into my hands. I sat back as though I was giving it a lot of thought.

Jake spoke, "Do you need time to think about it? We can give you until Wednesday."

I thought to myself as I stared him down, 'Piss up a rope you fuckin weasel', but didn't say it. Mom had always said, 'son, you can think anything you like, but you can't say everything you think'.

After a solid two minutes if not more I leaned forward, "Nope, I don't need time to think about it. Have the paperwork drawn up by the company's usual lawyer and set a date. I'll talk with mother tonight, I'll be out of your hair as soon as the deal is done and the first payment is in her bank account. Ten days later I drove away from the business as an employee for the last time. With money in mom's account she was now secure and with three sisters still in the area I had no need to worry if she'd be looked after.

I had answered an ad for an experienced refrigeration serviceman with a good-sized shop in Syracuse, NY. It was five hours from home, but still a trip I could make in a weekend if necessary. The name Syracuse kept popping up in my thoughts with no reason why other than I now worked there. I'd been at Anderson Mechanical just over six months when my constant thoughts about the name Syracuse became clear. I was at a Wegman's store changing out an evap fan motor on a dairy case when I heard my name. Considering I was on my knees in front of the case I had to look up. The next words would change the rest of my life.

I stood with a smile and said, "Hello Gail. It's been a long time. Is Doug with you?"

Her face was expressionless as she answered, "No, we're history. I filed for divorce after my dad brought me home from Kadena. We'd been trying to have babies since we were first married but I wasn't getting pregnant. He insisted it was my problem, until it was discovered that he had no live sperm. I didn't divorce him for that reason alone. He was messing around with a local girl, he actually had her in an apartment in downtown Koza City. Aside from the fact that he was always a prick, that was the last straw. I'm not sure where he is now, Arizona I think."

I had to ask, "Why are you here? I thought you were from upstate somewhere."

"No, my folks have a lake cottage up north, but I grew up in a small town about thirty miles from here. Which is kind of crazy because my family had businesses here. My dad was adamant about us living in the country. I own a drapery and upholstery business. Two separate shops, but I own both. The drapery shop was mom's, and the upholstery business was her brothers. After dad died mom wanted to retire and move on, I wanted to own a business. Then Uncle Bob wanted to retire as well. So here we are. What about you?"

"Oh you know me, still working refrigeration. Still on my own looking for the one to set my heart on fire. And you? Are you remarried? How many kids do you have?"

She smiled softly, almost a sorrowful half smile, "None. Like you I'm looking for the right guy. I don't need another Doug situation. Can I have your phone number Russ? Maybe we can do coffee or something sometime."

We exchanged phone numbers, she went her way, I finished up my service call. Over the next week or two I thought about her off and on, thinking that maybe we should have that coffee. Without Doug around we might be able to have a pleasant conversation. It had been a month or more since I'd seen Gail that my cell rang on a Friday evening. I frowned, I wasn't on scheduled standby but if the other guy needed help I would be expected to do so. The phone number wasn't familiar.

"Hello, this is Russ."

Imagine my surprise, "Hi Russ, it's Gail. I need to ask a favor. The second fridge in the garage won't run. If I put in a service call I want you to come and not someone else. Is that possible?"

"Gee Gail, we don't do residential work. Only commercial. Why don't I stop by tomorrow and take a peek? If it's something simple I can probably help."

We spoke another fifteen minutes before the call ended. I would be at her house by nine the following morning. When you're single eating properly isn't always a priority. When she called at 8 the next morning and told me she would have breakfast ready by 8:30 if I was interested, I jumped on that like a chicken on a June bug. I knocked on her door at 8:26 and was seated in her small kitchen/dining area at 8:30. She'd gone all out. Sausage links, fried potatoes, fried eggs and warm toast. I embarrassed myself by eating too much.

I cleared the table and then walked into the garage while she started the dishwasher. I started troubleshooting where any serviceman worth his salt does, checking for power. Yup, I had power but no compressor. Thermostat was made so I took a wild guess and checked the defrost timer. Sure as shit, it was defective. I had nothing like that but knew Tim Maier who owned an appliance repair shop would. And... he was open Saturday mornings. A phone call and thirty minutes later I was walking into her garage with a new timer. Once installed that baby fired up right away.

Gail insisted she pay me. I gave her the invoice for the timer and told her that would be enough. The more she argued that she needed to pay me labor the more set I became in my stubbornness. I finally lifted my hand for her to stop.

"Okay. You want to pay me? Here's how you can do that. Have dinner with me tonight. You pick the restaurant. BUT.... I'm paying. Deal?"

Her face turned red, she was stammering for the right words when I announced, "Great. I'll pick you up at five, dress nice."

Her answer both shocked me and made us laugh.

"I suppose I'll have to dig out those green panties."

I was still belly laughing as I pulled out of the driveway. She was smiling and waving when I looked back. I began wondering what made me ask her out to dinner. We had never been close per se, and yet, I felt comfortable with her. The last thing I wanted was for her to think I was on the prowl. When I picked her up I was pleasantly surprised by her attire and makeup. I had only ever seen Gail in casual settings before, she was wearing a teal-colored dress with a scoop neckline and 3/4 sleeves.

The dress ended three or four inches above the knees. Her legs shimmered from hosiery of some sort, her hair was perfect and the small amount of makeup she wore enhanced her natural beauty. Yeah, she'd do. Something seemed out of order when I realized she was not wearing her signature black rimmed glasses. She picked up on the dilemma and said softly, "Contacts."

Following dinner I asked about dessert. She made an expression that seemed to say I'd love to, but.

"I don't think so Russ, desserts in restaurants are always so sugar laden, I need to watch my girlish figure. I have fresh baked cookies at the house if you're interested. That and a cup of coffee? Shall we?"

Talking over coffee she divulged information that made me feel badly for her. After being on Okinawa a few months she said Doug became possessive and mentally abusive. Questioning her every move, badgering her about everything, demanding he clear her every move with him. To the point that her dad flew to Okinawa and escorted her home, where she set about filing for a divorce. Doug could have fought it because he was out of country, but he didn't. I asked about life after the divorce.

"Oh, you know. Find a job, try the dating scene, junk like that."

I was curious, "How is the dating thing going?"

"It isn't. Once they find out you're divorced they figure you want to get laid and that ends everything. On the other hand, if I don't tell them I'm divorced right away, they find out and then you're a sneaky bitch. Either way, nothing ever comes of it."

I sat back, "So. No dating, no boyfriend, no kids? Sounds lonely."

She wasn't smiling, nor was she saddened. It was more a half smile as she answered, "It can be. I keep myself busy and stay positive about finding the right guy. He'll have to want kids though, I still plan on at least four."

I chuckled, "Ambitious goal."

"Well to be honest I'd like six, but I'm not getting any younger and it would have to be a special guy to want six kids."

We parted ways around eleven with a promise we would get back together soon. It didn't happen. Days turned into weeks and then a few months. I figured she wasn't interested in me and went about life. I was on a service call for a walk-in cooler at a rather swanky place when my world changed. I was walking from the kitchen area looking for the manager to get a signature when I heard her call.

"Russ. What are you doing here?"

I was pleasantly surprised and shocked at the same time. "Service call on the walk-in cooler. And you?"

"New drapes." She had a serious look on her face, "Why haven't you called me?"

I was stymied, "Ummm. I thought you were gonna call me."

With a smirk she pointed at me, "That's not how it works bucko, and you know it. The guy calls the girl. Remember?"

The restaurant manager was waiting to sign my invoice and once that was done I needed to be on the road to my next service call.

"Gail I need to go. I'll call you tonight though. Promise."

She smiled, "You'd better." Then leaned close and whispered. "I found those green panties." Backing away she winked and walked back to what she was doing.

I felt my dick twitch. Could she be flirting with me? I had never thought of myself as dating material, but maybe, just maybe we might get together. At any rate I had calls to attend to. What was supposed to be a simple late afternoon call turned into much more. I was going to have to change a seven and a half horse Copeland semi-hermetic on a rack. Which meant at least three more hours with help from an apprentice. I called Gail about six and explained my situation, her answer made me smile.

"No problem. Pick up a pizza on your way home and stop by. I'm hungry and don't feel like eggs again. As long as it's before nine it will work out."

"So what happens after 9?" I asked.

She snickered, "I slip into my green panties and go to bed." With that the line went dead.

I showed up at her place just before eight in dirty work clothes and stinking of refrigerant oil. It didn't faze her at all, which impressed me, that was usually a turn off for others. She asked if I wanted a Dr. pepper or a glass of milk. I chose the milk. With the pizza gone we chatted for a bit. This time it was about me and my supposed love life. I needed to clear the air.

"My love life is like yours Gail, nonexistent. I've dated some but nothing clicks. These days so many want what they refer to as 'hookups', but I always wonder how many other guys they've already hooked up with. Then there are the drop-dead gorgeous ones who think their shit doesn't stink and you should be their slave. No thanks. I'm looking for an average girl who simply wants to be happy and raise some kids. Is that too much for a guy to ask in this day and age Gail?"

Her face had a serious look, "Nope. I think there are a lot of people looking for the same thing. They just don't know it. I'm kind of like you. All I've dreamed of since I was a girl is marrying a good guy, having babies and growing old together. Now I ask you. Is that too much for a girl to expect Russ?"

I think both of us realized something had changed between us in that three-minute discourse. It was equally apparent that neither of us was going to make the first move. It was time to depart, at the door she moved closer and gave me a chaste hug.

"Thanks for dropping by Russ. We need to do this again and not just talk about it."

Over the next few days I couldn't stop thinking about Gail. Wondering what she might be doing, where she might be, would I bump into her at another business. I began asking the internal questions. What was keeping me from calling her? Why didn't I ask her out for a date? I didn't find her drop dead gorgeous, but then that wasn't what I was looking for. I wanted someone who I could be comfortable with, and better yet, who would be comfortable with me. Would she be willing to wait for me on long days? Would she be upset that I didn't have an 8-5 job?

So many questions and very few answers. Answers I wouldn't have until I got off my butt and asked her out. The more time I spent with her the more I would know. That thought settled it, the ball was in my court, I needed to respond. Ironically, quite by accident we met later that day. At my favorite deli on a late afternoon I had just paid and turned when I saw her a few people behind. She smiled.

"Are you stalking me Russ?"

I grinned, "Hmm, seems like it's you behind me. So who's stalking whom?"

As the line moved forward I tagged along beside her.

"I come here three or four times a week Russ, I've never seen you here before. How did you know I come here?"

"To be honest, I didn't. Do you usually come about this time of day?" I asked.

"Yes, about 5. Oops, I'm next. Wait for me."

It was still warm enough in the evenings that one could sit outside comfortably. I waited at one of the tables on the dine in patio. As she approached I stood.

"Aren't you going to stay and eat with me Russ? Then you can tell me why I've never seen you here before tonight."

Between bites and slurps of my to go root beer I explained that I wasn't finished most days until after five. I just happened to have a dental appointment for a teeth cleaning at 3 and called it a day after that. Thus, my being at the deli earlier. She was eyeing my sandwich when she looked up.

"What is that you're eating? I don't think I've seen that on the menu board."

"Oh, it's a Reuben without the rotten cabbage. So, I guess it's a corn beef with Swiss on rye. I typically order this or the pastrami on rye. And what may I ask is that you're devouring?"

"It's a turkey club and I'm famished. It was one of those days where there wasn't time to eat lunch. I have a question for you. What are you doing the rest of this evening?"

I answered, "Nothing planned. I don't start standby until next Monday. What did you have in mind?"

She grinned, "Next question. Do you own a suit?"

Now I was curious. "I do. I also have dress shoes and several ties. What's with the twenty questions Gail?"

She stood reaching for my empty plate. Walking back from the trash bin she stood in front of me.

"Here's what's going to happen. We're going to our respective homes where we'll shower and get cleaned up. You'll put on a suit with dress shoes and a tie while I put on a dress and pretty myself. Do you like pantyhose or stockings?"

I smiled, "Stockings and green panties."

She slapped my arm, "Stop it. We haven't even gone on a date and you're talking about me in green panties. Cool your jets big boy. I'm invited to a fundraiser at the Children's hospital. It's kind of a tit for tat situation. They expect to see me at the function, I expect them to continue using my services."

As we walked to the vehicles I stopped. "Okay, but how do I fit into this scenario? Surely you can do this without me."

"You're right. I can go alone. But I'm hoping you'll escort me, maybe that will keep the ass grabbers and tit touchers away for one night. After attending those things I usually feel like I need a shower. And you know what really pisses me off? They're all married, every single one of them. Arrogant bastards. Walk me to the car, we're blocking the parking lot."

I took her keys and clicked the fob to open her doors. Handing them back to her she looked into my eyes.

"Please Russ."

I had been defeated and she knew it, "What time shall I pick you up?"

Not having enough time to get a bouquet I opted for a single rose at the florist down the street from my place. She was actually locking the door as I begged her for a single rose. After paying she escorted me to the door. As she was shoving me out she quipped.

"Hope she's worth it buddy."

I leaned forward as Gail opened the door just after seven, handing her the rose she smiled. Then without a word gestured for me to come in. I wasted no time and began to drink in her essence as soon as her back was turned. That sultry woman had purposely worn a light green dress that had a scoop neckline, one which allowed me to see the beginnings of cleavage. The hem was mid-thigh and the stockings glimmered in the light. I was hoping to hear the swish of stockings rubbing together but she was too far away. Walking back into the room with the rose in a small vase she gave me a hug.

It was me who broke the silence as we stepped back from one another. "You look fabulous. No wonder those guys are always hitting on you. Holy crap, you're stunning."

She had a surprised expression, "Oh, I don't dress like this normally. It's usually a dress that goes from neck to shoes with nothing showing. I dressed like this for you Russ. It doesn't look slutty does it? I mean, is there too much showing?"

I chuckled, "Heavens no. I've seen women in grocery stores with less than you have on and they aren't afraid to flaunt it."

Handing me her shawl and turning for me to drape it over her shoulders she put her hand on mine looking backward over her shoulder.

"Russ. I expect you to protect me tonight. There are two guys in particular who think every woman is there's to have. Promise you won't leave me stranded with any assholes like them."

"I'll be with you as long as you want me to be. If anyone get's frisky just let me know. I may not be the biggest and baddest, but I can hold my own."

Walking to the car she asked what she should do if her protector, basically me, were to get frisky. I couldn't resist.

"Show him your green panties and take him to bed." I answered.

She was giggling as she punched my arm, "You are incorrigible. Do you know that?"

Holding the door open I answered, "I choose to call it persistent."

The event was as she described. All the beautiful people were present and accounted for. Donations were flowing freely along with the open bar. Gail and I stuck together for the most part, she had been correct on another count. As soon as the vultures spotted her dressed attractively, they began to circle. The only time I had left her side was when she adjourned with another lady to powder her nose. I'd kept my beer consumption to a minimum for two main reasons. I wanted to be alert and I wanted to avoid being in the pisser most of the night. I love beer, but it goes through me like sieve. Around 9:30 I'd reached the point where my eyes were floating and excused myself telling her I'd be right back.

As I walked away I glanced back and noticed a rather tall guy walking toward her. Urging me to empty my bladder and return as quickly as possible. Leaving the hallway that housed the men's room I saw Gail nowhere in sight. Uh, oh. This wasn't good. I moved through the crowd looking for her, it was an older lady who took my arm.

"Are you looking for Gail?" She asked. I nodded. "I saw that tall guy pushing her onto the balcony, she didn't look to happy."

Opening the door to the patio I could hear her, "Stop. I'm not interested. Stop or I'll scream."

He laughed, "Go ahead and scream. The music is loud enough no one will hear you. I've been wanting to stick my cock in your little white pussy for months. Tonight you go black bitch."

I had other thoughts. Standing behind him I spoke.

"Hey fuckwad. You heard the lady. Let go and move on."

He spun quickly, anger was in his eyes. As he raised his arm to swing at me I throat punched him. Both of his hands went to his throat as he gasped for air. With his sides wide open I delivered a right fist to his rib cage, which brought him to his knees. Leaning over I said to him in a polite manner.