Green Rose of the Underground Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Je suis désolé Thix. I know you could probably not understand. I will make things simple as I can.

This is the closest and fastest route to Lumis, but the land is owned by Duc Nossec. We have been told there have been troubles along the road, and throughout his land. If something were to happen to anyone traveling the road, the Duc would be held responsible by the royal family and other nobles. Because of this, he has ordered his armed men to not allow anyone to use the road until it is safe."

That was... a lot. Thix took the time to consider everything while Gerard had a slow and quiet discussion with Theo. Gerard did seem rather upset, now that they were alone.

"Is there another route?"

Gerard looked and her, a bitter scowl twisting his handsome features.

"The closest safe road will cost us another two weeks. We are already late. I would rather not, but I see no other choice."

Theo nodded emphatically, absentmindedly stroking his thin mustache with the knuckle of his thumb.

It appeared he had been arguing the point to Gerard. Another two weeks. Not that Thix minded traveling exactly but... she was tired of being stuck inside all day, and undoubtedly most nights would not be as comfortable as the one in Couronne. Gerard clapped his hands together sharply and composed himself once more. Bringing himself to that state of composure and strength he had adorned when dealing with the other Galts.

"Ça suffit! It is too late to travel back now, and we have been invited to dinner. Thix..."

Gerard trailed off, and the lordly composure flickered as he once again smirked.

"I must teach you how to curtsy."

Thix stared blankly.

"Quoi?"