All Comments on 'Greg's Best Day'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 28 Comments
JoshFrom53JoshFrom532 months ago

This is one of the best LW stories I read. Wonderful.

francemanfranceman2 months ago

Do you have a different meaning for "mistake"?

When you get what you set out to do, how can it be a mistake?

Whether it's a bad decision or a bad choice is another matter.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight2 months ago

Nice job. Seldom do people. or characters, rehabilitate themselves so completely. I enjoyed the surprise at the end.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc2 months ago

I figured out the surprise when she ordered ice tea. Solid story but a little predictable. 4.6*

DanDraperDanDraper2 months ago

Great story. Usually we see a btb story in loving wives as if only the wives are the only cheaters who deserve revenge. But at least he learned something at the end and changed for the better, I enjoy a good happy ending, but as you said in the tag not a typical happy ending. It was a good prank that Jill made using his libido against him like that; when it comes to sex men will mostly believe a woman when she offers him sexual favors as a kind of reward. Keep up the good work. 5-stars.

TrionyxTrionyx2 months ago

Nice story. I kept waiting for another twist at the very end with the new GF, something more than the pregnancy.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ2 months ago

So the selfish guy is going to be a dad at 50…better late than never. It will be tough to be there for the kid as he gets into his sixties. Better take his vitamins

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice2 months ago

Sweet story. Nice to see a story where the guy is the unfaithful one, as I am guessing that men & women have equal claims on jackasserie. I did enjoy this story but felt editing the story down a bit would have helped w/ the flow as I found myself skimming at some points.

RanDog025RanDog0252 months ago

Great Story, thanks! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐'s

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

anti biotic was probably for the 'clap'. 1*

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Caylie is a fool to connect with a self-absorbed serial cheater like this piece of shit. And she's procreating with him? Depressing, but at least Jill got away from him. Too bad she didn't BTB.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Meh. 2 stars

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The story was predictable as already noted by others. However, I don't think the idiot deserved either woman. When someone is that entrenched in the kind of thinking he possessed it takes a lot to change your stripes. Imagining every woman as a fuck object, imaging what the secretary's pussy looked like in supposed skimpy panties. If you've lived your life as a pussy hound that won't change much just because you realize you fucked up one too many times. You just find new ways to hide it.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun2 months ago

5 Stars! Well done! Good thing he cleaned up his act so it all worked out for him in the end.

GardenshedGardenshed2 months ago

Good story, the cheater was tricked. Thanks for writing

nixroxnixrox2 months ago

1 star - not even remotely possible

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

real story with bad mistake but no reconciliation but a mutually better future

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

This would have been so much better had it not been so predictable and formulaic. I am really waiting for someone to come up with something new. At least we had a spouse who only used help from her sister to catch the other and not the typical "I have a buddy who owns a PI Firm/Tech Company/Security Company " nonsense.

AngelRiderAngelRider2 months ago

The rating is shit. Miserable little shits are tiresome.

This was lovely SouthernCross.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Very encouraging and romantic. It was a difficult trip, but looks like he ended up where he should be.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I'm gonna be honest, the story sorta sucked. The guys singing your praises in the comments don't really have a clue how normal people live their lives because they're stuck in this niche life of needing to feel outraged.

While it's great that the ex-husband had his epiphany and changed, let's be real. It's ridiculous to think he'd be alone for that long to get his act together.

Only reason its that way in this story is because of the artificial nature of needing to be punished.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago
Well

I thought it was a decent story. Agree with others that it is wishful thinking that a skirt chaser can stop being a scumbag just because his wife divorces him. Then again this is fiction so anything is possible no matter how unlikely.

.

I thought it was funny the MC thought he ex forgiving him seemed wonderful. To me, I had the feeling that the ex just humored him and just didn't want to give it a lot of thought or effort especially with the relatively quick farewell.

.

Still it was a good effort. 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

3 stars. Happy ending for the asshole? No thank you!

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

Good story, happy ending. *4.67.

Comentarista82Comentarista822 months ago

To begin with, I have to say that you masterfully employed the title and subtitle to misdirect reader's expectations from the beginning. Unlike a few readers, this didn't seem that predictable, and there was one huge twist with one small twist to end with. I also believe after having read the story that this account merits far higher than what the average shows, because some people are just saying such and such cannot be possible, and to gloss over something like what happened to the main character in such a broad brush, is a real mistake and kind of missing the point of the story.

***

Since we now know that Greg was a far nicer guy and turned into a complete butthead, a lot more of the story makes sense. In fact, the reader sees Greg's attitude shift in the early going from his perspective from a more inclusive and caring point of view to one of yeah he really did become selfish; you certainly provide plentiful signs that yeah, he wasn't a likable character once we get into it. It's obvious he has become very self-centered, as evidenced by the going down to the basement and watching his videos of choice; the fact that he believes Jill thinks one way just proves how far down he's gone. To add fuel to the fire, he tangles with Elaine, and that was going on for about 3 years- - or about the last 3 years of his and Jill's 20-year marriage. I thought you put some interesting little breadcrumbs in the story, where you said they both loved each other but he got bored with Jill because they both agreed not to have kids? That perspective is proven completely lopsided at the end of the story; also, for anyone to truly love another, they can't be selfish to the degree Gregory became.

***

As a few others have noted, I appreciate Jill busting his chops... although I really hate that she caught him in terms of seeing him be so stupid as to take Elaine to his own house. Now, the fact that she could so completely predict his reactions in the letter as she wrote it... I can see a few people- - myself included-- that would think that part is a little too far fetched? What I certainly approve of is basically switching this around, because most people assume only the female gets the comeuppance; now it does strike me as curious that you don't bother to mention how Elaine was going to be addressed... but then Elaine wasn't the main character either. However, for some readers and possibly the ratings, it probably would have added something to have had a paragraph or two about what happened to her to placate some of the audience; I don't think that would have detracted from the story at all and maybe rescued the rating too. There's also the matter of Manuel in the mind of some readers- - although not mine particularly - - because you do paint him as having a short temper, that could have proven interesting had for example Manuel come up and smashed Gregory's entire front or back windshield out and maybe even got inside the car enough to maybe give him a hairline fracture of an arm or even produce a mild concussion. But all in all, the story focused on Gregory and Jill, and on those two and how Greg totally obliterated his marriage and any real hope for reconciliation... you succeeded brilliantly. If there would have been some smaller takeaways, I would have said that it would have been a takeaway - - in the sense of a deduction-- had Elaine played a larger role, because she's being used as a Latina and that's basically stereotyping her as a passionate and hot woman... yet not addressing the fact that she should be speaking some Spanish at least in some token phrases during some of their hottest sexual encounters. It also would have made the story possibly much funnier and much grittier had Manuel found him and started cursing at Gregory in Spanish while trying to maybe run after him with the bat and Greg's either speeding away In a hurried fashion or something to that effect. So had these characters been more than just incidental, I would have said using the stereotypes would have merited a deduction because it wasted their potential and just kind of used them for little purpose.. aside from the fact that typically you have a Hispanic that is a friend with somebody else, and they tend to be far more loyal then some others.

***

It kind of shocks me that some posters wrote Greg off as being this unredeemable character that had no chance of reforming. The fact is anyone that's hit hard enough where it hurts can change if one desires it enough. The section heading where after all this took place happened, we see is after several years.. which we can probably assume to be around 3 at least. During that time- - and this could have added to the story, at least I have some passing mention of the main issue that caused Greg to stray in the first place with a therapist- - it might have further given your story more gravitas to include that, which may have only cost you about one paragraph of say maybe 8 sentences.. and in that way it would have shown that yes Gregory committed to a course change and the therapist redirected his focus to truly identify what was important, as you painted enough details in this picture to prove to the readers Gregory did know on some level what he was doing was terribly wrong, because when he was reading Jill's letter, there was some statement like Jill reached for the machine gun and continued to mow him down. That's a very violent image that communicates a lot of pain! So perhaps some readers somehow glossed over that and missed that obvious reference to the fact that, yes indeed, she hit Greg the hardest and made him truly think. I also noted that he did try multiple times to come clean, and was trying to change, but just was still having the process and the problem of bringing it up far earlier so as not possibly lose out on a relationship. So for people to down the story because he gets a happy ending of having a child after all with Caylie ... is really just being petty. Frankly, I did kind of expect you may be had another major curveball plan for us in the form of Caylie? I mean.. I was thinking somehow she was going to be some relative of Jill's, or maybe even that Jill knew her and was planning to really smack Greg down hard and just totally jackhammer him at the end of the story. So, I credit that to you doing far more thinking and piecing the puzzle together in such a way as to create the impression of another possible misdirection and/or a huge blow to the head or stab to the heart to Gregory's future once and for all! Basically, you made Gregory a character to be thoroughly despised, and I don't really see why anybody would basically hold it against him that somehow he could get rehabilitated. It is possible when somebody wants it badly enough! And it's not like he did it in a matter of weeks either.. so although in some ways I don't find the story is absolutely perfect, somehow just missing very insignificant items here and there, I do believe it really deserves a five on its overall execution.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 months ago

Sounds like real life.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES