Greg's Best Day

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For the longest time, I'd dwelt on the past, of how I'd messed up, and how everything that I valued had been ripped away from me. What made it worse was that I knew it was all my own fault. In the months since I'd met Caylie, I'd finally started having hope once more and thinking about a possible future with someone beyond myself. I'd be open to her wants, her needs, and I'd do whatever it took to make it work with her.

I touched the little box in my pocket, hoping as I did, and drawing a bit of assurance that Caylie and I knew each other as well as I thought. Taking a deep breath, I released it slowly, knowing that everything was going to work out for the best.

She entered just minutes later and spotted me across the room. I stood as she approached and we met with a hug and a little kiss before I pulled her chair out for her and helped her have a seat.

"Greg, how was your day?" she asked, giving me a smile that would have brightened even a previously dark day.

"It started out to be like any other but it's actually turned out to be quite nice. Now, you're here and that makes me believe it will be the best day."

She leaned over and kissed me as her hand rested on my knee. "I'm glad," she whispered. "And maybe, just maybe," she teased, "the night will be even better than you expect."

I hooked her hand in mine and smiled. "That sounds great, sweetheart. I'm a very lucky guy."

"Maybe," she repeated, this time with a wink.

Our server, having seen Caylie's arrival, approached and introduced herself again. Caylie ordered an iced tea and asked about the specials for the evening. Since I'd already picked what I wanted from the menu, my mind wandered, thinking about how lucky I really was. With Jill finally giving me the forgiveness I'd long hoped for and Caylie hopefully giving me a chance for a new future with her, this I realized, really could be the best day.

***

Dinner went well with great food, conversation, and companionship. I never saw Jill, her husband, and their little girl leave but I wasn't watching and didn't care either.

Afterward, Caylie agreed to leave her car at the restaurant as we drove to our favorite overlook to watch the early summer sunset. There, I told her I loved her and wanted to spend the rest of my life with her. She said yes and smothered me with kisses as several other couples nearby clapped for us and wished us well.

After so many mistakes in my past, I was now the happiest man alive. It really was the best day.

"Let's go to your place," she whispered, "to celebrate."

I nodded. "And the day keeps getting better!"

Grinning, she kissed me and said softly, "Just wait."

At my house, I escorted her to my bedroom and we kissed and touched as we removed each other's clothes. I cupped and nuzzled her breast, placing little kisses on her nipple and areola as she took me in hand and gave me slow, gentle strokes. Knowing it wouldn't take much to make me fire off like a rocket, I slid a hand down over her belly, through her close-kempt patch, and down her hood to heaven. Through and back I slid, finding her soaked and ready.

"Let me get a condom, sweetie," I said.

"No, it's okay and I want to feel you in me," she replied. "I love you, Greg, so make love to me, make love to me always and forever."

"I will, Caylie," I replied, meaning it with all of my being. A moment later, I was at heaven's gates and gently pushing inside, enjoying the sensation of having nothing but love between us.

She moaned gently as I did, burying myself to the hilt as she slipped her arms around me to hold me tight. She hooked her feet behind my ass to keep me there too.

Together, we rocked, me enjoying her feel about me and her enjoying each thrust, each little sweep over her clit that helped her climax build. And build it did, for both of us, as we united in body and soul, with Caylie grinding her sex around me as I thrust into her time and again.

"Oh, Greg, I'm getting close," she gasped. Her kisses, her moans, and her little panted words of encouragement drove me on, faster and harder, until we both exploded together in a wondrous release. Feeling her hold me, feeling her love, I knew then that it had all been worth everything I'd been through and that I'd love her always and forever, through thick and thin, no matter what.

Still buried inside her and resting atop her where she could feel my weight but not be crushed by it, I reached in and planted a series of little kisses up her neck before moving to her ear and whispering, "I love you, Cayle, and I always will."

Her eyes were closed in her euphoria, her face the most relaxed I'd ever seen, but she gave the sweetest smile and nodded before replying, "I love you, too, Greg, now and forever."

There were no more words for none were needed as we lay there on the bed feeling loved and together. I shifted off a few moments later and positioned myself beside her where we could keep holding each other until we had to take a break in the bathroom.

After that quick trip, we snuggled back together, getting under the sheets when Caylie said she'd spend the night with me. As I held her, I felt her relax, dozing off for a bit with my arm around her, making her feel safe, loved.

That topped off what I saw as my best day. Oh, there might possibly have been one or two along the way that were just as good, but I couldn't think of any days that were any better, so I smiled, feeling wonderful as I felt her sweet, naked body against me.

Feeling so happy, my mind drifted back to the happenings of dinner and, with seeing Jill, the reminder of that last time I'd thought it was going to be the best day, when it had all gone to pieces and my world had fallen apart.

Caylie rolled over and gave a little moan as she rested her arm on my bare chest and then planted her chin on her wrist, sweet breast against me.

"Thank you for such a great day, Greg. I love you so much and look forward to being married to you for the rest of our lives."

"I love you, too, Caylie, and look forward to being married to you always too. And it has been the best day, hasn't it?"

She nodded and said, "Greg, it has, and guess what? I've got a surprise you're not going to believe and it's going to make your day even better!"

"What?" I asked with a big smile, not having a clue. "You, ah, you got a promotion at work?"

Grinning, she shook her head and looked in my eyes.

"Remember when the condom slipped a couple of weeks ago? I thought it was okay, but it turned out to be even better than okay. I went to the doctor this afternoon and found out that I'm pregnant, Greg! We're going to have a baby!"

The End

________________

Author's Notes:

This story was written for the April Fools Day Story Contest 2024. To avoid possible spoilers and potentially ruin the surprises, I left this note to the end. Thanks for reading, for your votes, and for any favorites, follows, and comments. All are appreciated.

Finally, while this is a standalone story, some may recognize it as a sequel to my previous 750-word project stories titled "Being Mr. Nice Guy" and "No More Mr. Nice Guy."

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
28 Comments
oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 2 months ago

Sounds like real life.

Comentarista82Comentarista822 months ago

To begin with, I have to say that you masterfully employed the title and subtitle to misdirect reader's expectations from the beginning. Unlike a few readers, this didn't seem that predictable, and there was one huge twist with one small twist to end with. I also believe after having read the story that this account merits far higher than what the average shows, because some people are just saying such and such cannot be possible, and to gloss over something like what happened to the main character in such a broad brush, is a real mistake and kind of missing the point of the story.

***

Since we now know that Greg was a far nicer guy and turned into a complete butthead, a lot more of the story makes sense. In fact, the reader sees Greg's attitude shift in the early going from his perspective from a more inclusive and caring point of view to one of yeah he really did become selfish; you certainly provide plentiful signs that yeah, he wasn't a likable character once we get into it. It's obvious he has become very self-centered, as evidenced by the going down to the basement and watching his videos of choice; the fact that he believes Jill thinks one way just proves how far down he's gone. To add fuel to the fire, he tangles with Elaine, and that was going on for about 3 years- - or about the last 3 years of his and Jill's 20-year marriage. I thought you put some interesting little breadcrumbs in the story, where you said they both loved each other but he got bored with Jill because they both agreed not to have kids? That perspective is proven completely lopsided at the end of the story; also, for anyone to truly love another, they can't be selfish to the degree Gregory became.

***

As a few others have noted, I appreciate Jill busting his chops... although I really hate that she caught him in terms of seeing him be so stupid as to take Elaine to his own house. Now, the fact that she could so completely predict his reactions in the letter as she wrote it... I can see a few people- - myself included-- that would think that part is a little too far fetched? What I certainly approve of is basically switching this around, because most people assume only the female gets the comeuppance; now it does strike me as curious that you don't bother to mention how Elaine was going to be addressed... but then Elaine wasn't the main character either. However, for some readers and possibly the ratings, it probably would have added something to have had a paragraph or two about what happened to her to placate some of the audience; I don't think that would have detracted from the story at all and maybe rescued the rating too. There's also the matter of Manuel in the mind of some readers- - although not mine particularly - - because you do paint him as having a short temper, that could have proven interesting had for example Manuel come up and smashed Gregory's entire front or back windshield out and maybe even got inside the car enough to maybe give him a hairline fracture of an arm or even produce a mild concussion. But all in all, the story focused on Gregory and Jill, and on those two and how Greg totally obliterated his marriage and any real hope for reconciliation... you succeeded brilliantly. If there would have been some smaller takeaways, I would have said that it would have been a takeaway - - in the sense of a deduction-- had Elaine played a larger role, because she's being used as a Latina and that's basically stereotyping her as a passionate and hot woman... yet not addressing the fact that she should be speaking some Spanish at least in some token phrases during some of their hottest sexual encounters. It also would have made the story possibly much funnier and much grittier had Manuel found him and started cursing at Gregory in Spanish while trying to maybe run after him with the bat and Greg's either speeding away In a hurried fashion or something to that effect. So had these characters been more than just incidental, I would have said using the stereotypes would have merited a deduction because it wasted their potential and just kind of used them for little purpose.. aside from the fact that typically you have a Hispanic that is a friend with somebody else, and they tend to be far more loyal then some others.

***

It kind of shocks me that some posters wrote Greg off as being this unredeemable character that had no chance of reforming. The fact is anyone that's hit hard enough where it hurts can change if one desires it enough. The section heading where after all this took place happened, we see is after several years.. which we can probably assume to be around 3 at least. During that time- - and this could have added to the story, at least I have some passing mention of the main issue that caused Greg to stray in the first place with a therapist- - it might have further given your story more gravitas to include that, which may have only cost you about one paragraph of say maybe 8 sentences.. and in that way it would have shown that yes Gregory committed to a course change and the therapist redirected his focus to truly identify what was important, as you painted enough details in this picture to prove to the readers Gregory did know on some level what he was doing was terribly wrong, because when he was reading Jill's letter, there was some statement like Jill reached for the machine gun and continued to mow him down. That's a very violent image that communicates a lot of pain! So perhaps some readers somehow glossed over that and missed that obvious reference to the fact that, yes indeed, she hit Greg the hardest and made him truly think. I also noted that he did try multiple times to come clean, and was trying to change, but just was still having the process and the problem of bringing it up far earlier so as not possibly lose out on a relationship. So for people to down the story because he gets a happy ending of having a child after all with Caylie ... is really just being petty. Frankly, I did kind of expect you may be had another major curveball plan for us in the form of Caylie? I mean.. I was thinking somehow she was going to be some relative of Jill's, or maybe even that Jill knew her and was planning to really smack Greg down hard and just totally jackhammer him at the end of the story. So, I credit that to you doing far more thinking and piecing the puzzle together in such a way as to create the impression of another possible misdirection and/or a huge blow to the head or stab to the heart to Gregory's future once and for all! Basically, you made Gregory a character to be thoroughly despised, and I don't really see why anybody would basically hold it against him that somehow he could get rehabilitated. It is possible when somebody wants it badly enough! And it's not like he did it in a matter of weeks either.. so although in some ways I don't find the story is absolutely perfect, somehow just missing very insignificant items here and there, I do believe it really deserves a five on its overall execution.

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

Good story, happy ending. *4.67.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

3 stars. Happy ending for the asshole? No thank you!

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Double or Nothing Pt. 01 Terry comes home and finds his wife and daughter gone.in Loving Wives
Let Go CEO wife fires husband. What follows is the aftermath.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
I'd be Better Off They kept telling me I would be better off.in Loving Wives
Vanessa's Mistake A misguided wife makes a tragic mistake after bad influence.in Loving Wives
More Stories