Grieving Time Pt. 02

Story Info
Brian gets more help from friends and family.
8.1k words
4.72
13k
19
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Please read part 1 first.

Hope you enjoy the story.

~~~~~~

#1

A week after his date with Veronica, Brian was still feeling the high of a good night out with a woman. Then he would get guilty that he was feeling good when Jennifer was gone forever and would never know happiness or life again. He was glad to be busy at work as they tried to complete everything before the Christmas holiday period began in earnest. This kept his mind and body busy during the daytime, so he only had to survive the evenings alone.

It was a surprise to receive a phone call on Friday from Christina, his sister's good friend, seeking his help. Without seeming to take a breath she babbled out as soon as Brian answered his phone, "Sorry to be a nuisance but I really need your help on Saturday Brian. I apologise for the short notice but you could be a life saver. I had to keep putting it off because of the shop opening, but now I find I have left it until too late to find anyone there to help me. Could you be a big dear and help. Pleeeeease."

With just a little sarcasm Brian answered the call, "Hi Christina, how are you today. I'm fine. What can I do for you?"

"Oh. Oh. Sorry Brian. That was rude of me wasn't it," with a slight chuckle, "Hello Brian. Hope you are well. I am fine too," another snicker, "Sorry, oh I said that didn't I?"

"Yes Tina, you did. Now perhaps you could fill in the gaps on what you were talking about. I'd love to help you, but I could do with some details first."

"Ahh okay, where was I?"

Brian had to laugh because she did make him feel better, "You were giving me short notice because you were too late doing something, and I am such a great guy I just had to help you. You just forgot who, what, when, where and why."

"Good, I managed to say something then. Well Brian, tomorrow evening is the big barbeque for the orphans and foster kids. Of course Santa is coming and will hand out presents to all the kids. It's my job this year to pick up the presents and take them to the park. I got really busy with our shop and put off getting the parcels and now it has to be done tomorrow afternoon, and the guy with the truck cannot come because, ahh actually I didn't understand that bit as he went all technical on me. Upshot is that you are the only other person I know that I can ask who has a ute with a tray big enough for the boxes. So are you free in the afternoon, say from two o'clock? I'll even throw in a sausage with onions when done, if you can stay for the barbie,"

"No problem Tina, I can give you a hand. Who can resist a barbeque sausage with onions. Yum. Hope it has tomato sauce as well?"

They were laughing as Christina said, "You can believe it, I will smother it in sauce if it gets you here. Seriously, thank you Brian. I'll come to your place before two and we can take your ute from there. Fortunately the gifts have been pre-wrapped and labelled for age and if a boy or girl. So it is just a pick up and delivery job."

They ended the call with more thank yous and you're welcomes. Brian didn't see the three women giving each other the thumbs up sign after Christina disconnected her phone call. They smiled at the next part of their plan coming together to help him return to happier living. He also didn't know of another call Christina made straight away apologising for the late notice that she didn't need her help with the presents tomorrow. Another friend was going that way anyway and volunteered to help. She was asked if this friend happened to be male, to which Christina just giggled and said goodbye.

Ashley wanted her brother Brian to get out with other people and hopefully meet another woman he could date and have some fun with. At best he might find a new partner to share his life. Ashley knew they were successful on the dance night out, and Veronica reported he loved the theatre with her. Now with tomorrow helping Christina, he can get another chance to be with and get used to female company. She hoped that just talking to her girlfriends as though on a date, he would get comfortable with and think about meeting other women. She wasn't totally stupid knowing that her friends were far from ideal as female company for him as they were older and he had known them for years. There could be no spark there, after all they were like family, just like brother and sisters. So apart from any romantic stuff he can gain some experience with platonic time with women. Veronica even said to her that she thought he would be great for any woman to date and might rock their panties off, he was so nice. He had certainly made her evening special.

#2

Brian spent Saturday morning cleaning and vacuuming his ute. He didn't want to be embarrassed having a dirty vehicle with company in it. He even gave the house a little extra clean in case she came inside. She was a long time friend of his sister, but he liked to give a good impression to everyone. He started to look forward to a day out at somewhere different. Ever since his night out dancing with Ashley and her friends, then especially with Veronica at the play, he had been thinking about joining something to get himself out of the house and involved.

At ten minutes to two Christina knocked on his front door. He had been ready for her to arrive for more than half an hour getting more nervous every minute, so he almost ran out the door. He was pulling it shut when he realised he had again been a poor host. Turning to a bemused Christina he offered her a drink or something before they left. She smiled as she declined his offer, then led the way to his vehicle that he had left in the driveway. Brian being the gentleman that he was kept his eyes on her jeans clad arse as it swayed its way in front of him. He didn't even notice Christina glancing over her shoulder at him, grow a huge smile and return to face the front. She didn't even miss a stride.

They were seated and ready to go when Brian turned to her to ask, "Where are we heading to?"

She gave him the address and rough directions to a warehouse about twenty kilometres away. As they left his house she thought to herself, "He really is a nice guy. It would be good to get him smiling all the time like he used to before Jenny died. Even when he was a teen the first time he tagged along with Ashley he was a nice kid. He had manners and would help with what he could. He sure has grown into a hunky adult now though, from that scrawny young guy then. It hurts that life could give such a wonderful guy a look at a good life, just to tear it away. He really loved Jenny, totally. Really tore him up when she went. Hurt us too as we couldn't do much to help him then. Wish my dirtbag ex had even a part of the goodness that Brian has in him. To make matters worse I got wet in my panties when I saw him staring at my backside just then. Don't even think about the night we all had dancing. Oh god, I almost had a few orgasms in that limo, letting him look at me. I felt like such a slut, but it was such good fun seeing him get all embarrassed. Plus if the bulge in his pants is anything to go by I wish I could have tried him out that night. If the other two hadn't been around I might have given him a bit more than a look. And now I think I can see that he has that bulge back in his lap, could that just be there from ogling my fat bum? I wonder if I could try something tonight. He is going to be with me, and it would be like a date. If Ash and Ronnie never find out, perhaps I could get him to use that bulge later. Damn, I'm getting wetter just thinking about it."

Brian was silent for most of the ride trying to will his cock down as he thought, "That view of her rear end was fantastic. Tina always looks great, and now with her next to me in the car I can see her boobs bouncing whenever we hit a bump. She has bras on but they seem to be low cut or something as they have a lot of flesh out of the top of them. I can see her boobs down her shirt neckline. I do love a down-blouse view and that view is magnificent. Not quite as good as the night we all went out dancing, but nice enough for a daytime outfit. Damn that night was great. I still can't get over how they showed what they did in the limo without realising what they were doing. I didn't want to embarrass them by saying anything, but Ash had to see it as well and she said nothing. Maybe she thought it would embarrass them if she mentioned it. Oh well, it was great viewing. They are such sexy women, almost as sexy as Jenny was."

Christina saw his expression change to a bit on the sad side and wondered why his mood changed suddenly. What she did know was that Ashley had told them he had to be smiling when they were together, so she said the first thing to come to mind to take his mind off what was making him sad.

"Almost there by the looks of things. I can't thank you enough for helping me today Brian. You really are a life saver. Are you going to be able to come tonight for the barbeque? I know I need you to drop off the stuff at the place, but I hoped you would stay and sort of be my plus one. You didn't actually answer me yesterday if you would stay. I could come back after getting changed and we could then go together. I have only ever been by myself to any functions for the charity, and the trouble comes when all the guys hit on me. They seem to think that just because I don't have a date for the night then I must be real lonely and need a man. Even the married ones hit on me, and that gets me riled up. They must be morons hitting on a woman who divorced her husband after he cheated on her. I mean they have to be halfwits to think I would go to bed with a married guy after I got cheated on."

Brian was unsure how exactly he was meant to react to her statements, or even if he was. He did know there was a question in there about going with her so he responded, "Yes Tina, I'd love to be there with you. I think you even offered to buy me dinner whilst we were there. Sausage with extra onions on a hotdog roll, I think you said. Can't pass up an offer like that now, can I!" they both chuckled at his words, "I think it'll be good for me to go with you. I went to the theatre the other night and enjoyed it, so I guess I should get out more. Been sitting at home alone too much according to Ash, so it must be so. I promise to stand guard over you and keep all the morons, halfwits and married guys away. How's that suit you?"

"Sounds scrummy to me my protector knight. Do a really good job and I will give you your just rewards."

Brian chuckled and added, "I'll look forward to it then. We're here."

They got the boxes of presents and fortunately they just fitted on the ute's tray with a little stacking and tie down straps. He drove a bit slower on the return journey, not wanting to shake and damage anything. Their conversation for the rest of the trip were about mundane topics and sorting the details for the night's outing. At home he reversed the ute into his garage, just managing to fit the load under the raised door. With it locked away he felt better leaving it loaded on the ute to save handling all the boxes multiple times. Christina thanked him again, and gave him a quick hug and kiss on the cheek before leaving to get herself prepared for the event. She would return in just over an hour giving them just enough time to unload and store the boxes before the event officially started.

Showered, shaved and dressed he waited in the kitchen having a cold drink thinking about some of the stupid things he had been doing. Seems whenever he had time to think, it was always the more embarrassing memories his mind had to bring forth. This particular time was that he never seemed relaxed if he had a visitor to the house.

"Why is it that I can't think clearly if I get someone visiting. It doesn't help that lately it has been a gorgeous woman knocking on my door. Even if it was Ash or anyone else, I don't just do what we have done in the past. It was always normal to invite them in, to take a seat and offer a drink and just talk. Like with Ronnie and today Tina, I acted like an imbecile heading out the front before thinking about a drink or anything. Jenny was always the one who answered the door and let friends in, I will try to do as she did."

When Christina arrived, Brian again found himself tongue tied when he opened the door. Gone were her jeans to be replaced with a lovely form fitting dress. It wasn't the all sexy attire of their dancing night, but it looked fantastic, highlighting her figure magnificently. Jenny had been a beautiful woman with a great slim figure, but even her attributes did not stack up to Christina's feminine charms.

"Catch any flies yet?"

This got his attention and allowed him to gain control of his wayward brain and voice, "Oops, sorry Tina. It's just that you look really good. Please come in. Would you like to sit and have a drink?"

"Thank you Brian, but I think we should get moving. The venue is a bit of a distance and I wanted to be early so we can unload the presents and get them out of sight before the kids turn up."

"Of course, I can be stupid sometimes. I'll just grab my keys and we can be off. Come through the kitchen, we can go straight to the garage from there. Did you park in the drive?"

She stood by the front door watching him walk off to get his keys, wallet and phone, admiring his cute butt. She almost missed his last directions to go through the kitchen and his question "Ahh no, I'm in the street. Is it okay to leave my car out there?"

"That should be okay for now. It's only late at night we get problems and you should be gone by then."

The last bit had Christina worried as she was hoping to stay longer with Brian tonight. Her libido had been on the simmer all afternoon while she had been in his company, and hoped to relieve it later. She took it as a challenge to convince him to let her stay the night. There was even a packed overnight bag in her car in preparation for her desires.

The house security was soon checked and they were on their way. In the confines of the utility cabin, as there was only a single row of seats for driver and passenger, he could smell her perfume. It wasn't overpowering but tickled his nose with its delicate, sweet flowery scent. He found himself day dreaming about being with this woman, and how he would like to wake up to that scent in the morning. What he didn't realise was that part of what he could smell was that of the natural scent of the woman next to him. She too was thinking about waking with him in the morning and that was getting her juices flowing, making her panties moist. They did eventually talk about various subjects including his work and the shop, her daughter and other things. It was a natural conversation between two people who have known each other for a long time.

They arrived with time to spare and were helped moving the boxes into a room in preparation for the arrival of Santa. Brian found himself helping with the food cooking, pleased he had worn comfortable clothing that would not be disastrous if splattered in some oils and fats. They had aprons but these did not protect all of you. The night went well as they had various money raising raffles and lucky draw prizes. The orphan and foster kids enjoyed a party with games and competitions, and loved getting presents from a live Father Christmas. Christina filled Brian in on some of the details of the charity foundation and how they raised funds to assist with children in need. They also assisted with a refuge for mothers and children who need shelter.

At one time during the evening Christina was in discussion with other committee members and returned to Brian when she was finished. He was talking with a younger woman who seemed very interested in him if her body language and concentrated look in her eyes was to be believed. Christina got a funny clenching of her stomach and a burning feeling in her chest at the sight of him with another woman. This took her by surprise, she might find him to be good looking, a wonderful man and want to have sex with him. She had not thought of him as anything but a friend. If she didn't know better she would think she was jealous that another woman was interested in him. She shook it off as her libido wanting to be possessive tonight. After all getting Brian with a woman was the whole purpose of asking him out.

She went to him with a smile. He jumped as she joined them with what she suspected was a guilty look on his face, then he introduced her to Patricia who was one of the orphanage carers. She announced that it was time for her and Brian to leave, and felt smug on seeing a look of disappointment in Patricia's face.

The ride back to Brian's house was fairly quiet as they were immersed in their own thoughts. Brian was amazed at what he was feeling towards Christina. It felt so much like they were on a date and this made him wonder how tonight would end. He was still a bit shy to ask her to stay, but wanted her to. He was stunned that a beautiful stranger had talked to him earlier. He may not be looking to date, and it had been quite a while since he had dated, but he had not forgotten everything. Patricia had shown a few signs of interest in him, and he was quite sure she looked disappointed when Christina joined them and acted like they were a couple. Then there was the way Christina had acted, like she was a bit jealous and staked her claim on him. Having never considered himself anything worthwhile he found their behaviours baffling. Flattering, but still baffling.

They were about five minutes from home when Christina started a conversation. It was only about the evening but then she put a hand onto his thigh and looked across at him. He tried to look back but needed to keep his concentration on the road.

She went straight from how well the presents had gone to, "Brian I hope you will invite me in for coffee when we get to your place."

He opened and closed his mouth a couple of times as his brain went 'Yippee I Yay', then answered with a little more decorum, "Of course I would love you to stay for coffee, or something stronger if you like."

"Thanks, I'd love to."

Then as he pulled into the garage she added with pleading eyes, "I would like to have something a bit harder, err stronger I mean. But I shouldn't drive with any alcohol in me."

Brian looked at her and even he saw what she was really asking. The lust in her eyes was obvious he even to him, so he made a suggestion "Perhaps you, um, would like to stay a bit longer than just for a drink."

"That would be great Brian. I don't want to sound as if I am presumptuous, but I'll move my car before coming in."

#3

He waited in the garage as Christina moved her car into the driveway before returning to him. She now carried a sports bag which surprised him. He closed the garage door and unlocked the inner door to the kitchen, allowing Christina to enter first. He found his eyes watching her butt as he followed and let his mind wander. He was amazed that she had brought a bag as though planning to spend the night, but after his experience with Veronica he realised anything was possible at the moment. It also ran through his mind about the coincidence of all these outings recently, then things getting intimate. His brain stopped thinking when he bumped into her, then held in her arms. She had stopped and turned around while he had been in lala land. She said his name once allowing him time to give her his attention before landing her lips onto his, making it obvious she wanted a kiss.

A minute of locked lips went by before she released her suction to speak, "I don't know what you are thinking, although," at this she rubbed her hips against him, "I can feel where you are responding. I teased you a bit on our dance night out and I hope it had the desired effect on you. I will say that it affected me too, just like feeling you as I rub against you now. I am rusty at the whole dating thing, so forgive if I am doing this all wrong but I need to get an itch scratched. It's been too long since I was with a man nice enough with whom I'd even think about my itches. I really like you, and hope you like me enough to help me.