Grieving Time Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She gave him a quick kiss to the cheek and with her mouth to his ear asked, "I have a couple of days off midweek. Would you like to get together one night, maybe Wednesday or Thursday. Whichever suits you."

Brian smiled as he thought about his love life and how it had changed so dramatically, "How about Wednesday. We could have dinner at my place and see what we feel like afterwards."

Christina had a huge smile and agreed with him, sealing the date with another kiss. This time to his lips before she went to the bathroom he had just left. Entering the kitchen he was greeted by two smirking young women. Ashley was chatting to them as she wrapped up some leftovers, oblivious to how their attention was on Brian.

Faith kept her smirk as she asked, "Hey Brian, did you see mum? She had just gone your way before you walked in."

Brian did a double take at the knowing looks the two girls were giving him and tried for an innocent response, "Yes I did. Tina pushed me out of the way as she dashed for the bathroom."

Faith smiled even brighter, "I'll bet she did. She can be real pushy at times can't she."

Ash looked up at this comment, "Huh."

She didn't get any answer and shrugged her shoulders as though deciding she had missed some of the conversation. Christina returned a minute later and shuffled her daughter to leave. Brian was going at the same time and was handed a tray of leftovers sealed in cling wrap. He dutifully took it knowing his loving sister would be offended of he even thought of refusing. Besides it saved him having to cook for a couple of meals. They all bid their goodnights and thanked Ashley for a wonderful meal. Brian especially thanked her for a wonderful day. He really enjoyed the company when they got together.

He was having a one sided discussion with his late wife during the drive home, talking about the recent developments in his life. He longed for her to be with him as he missed the closeness they shared in all parts of his life. As he arrived home he noticed that his depression was a little less than it had been in the past. He still missed Jenny, but the pain was easier to bear. He slept very well that night feeling more relaxed and less emotionally stressed.

~~~~~~

I only planned a couple of chapters for this story to the point he was starting to improve, but find that there are more adventures that can be told. I am not sure if I should continue or not. Stories can get humdrum quickly without a clear goal, and nothing worse than a stale tale or becoming repetitive.

Appreciate your comments on whether to continue or not.

I might have given Martin an few unreasonable lines to say, but he needed to be a total dickhead if I continue with the story.

Any helpful feedback and comments appreciated.

Voting is always appreciated to show how much you enjoyed my writing.

- GfG.