All Comments on 'Grinch's Dilemma'

by prinnavea

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
ReadyOneReadyOneabout 5 years ago
Confused.

Read the story twice. I understand how the practical joke was played on Cindy.

What I don't understand is how the joke could defuse the tension between Ryan and Cindy. Ryan, having installed cameras in his home, suspected Cindy of cheating with some unidentifiable party. Relations are very cold between them.

How could a staged picture suggesting that Cindy is cheating with Fred possibly restore Ryan's and Cindy's relationship? One would think just the opposite! Ryan now has documentation for divorce based on adultery.

The night Fred & Ryan go the the bar, they MAY have decided to pull a joke on Cindy. But expecting to get an embarrassing picture of her in Fred's bed _that night_ seem far fetched to me. And Fred said that he only got the idea in the middle of the night.

The drunk women, Ryan deliberately going home without Cindy, Cindy deciding to sleep naked in Fred's bed is just too much of a coincidence. What ever plan was created at the bar could not assume such fortuitous circumstances.

Now the joke is played out with Candice sent as a last minute babysitter to Ryan & Cindy's house. Ryan & Cindy fall back in love again and go home. I still don't understand what happened to make the sudden reversal in their marriage.

I assume that Candice babysitting was planned, not the emergency implied in the story. Did Candice know in advance she would be offered sex that evening?

The sex would have to be with Cindy knowing that it was happening. Why would Candice allow herself to be put in the middle of a troubled marriage? Or, was she offered a 3-way, and if so, how did Ryan know that Cindy would participate?

Remember, when Candice starts sitting she still believes Ryan and Cindy are in trouble. If upon their return, they tell Candice to come to bed with them, would Candice be so naive to spontaneously join them? Nothing adds up here.

Yet Candice remained with Ryan & Cindy for a three-way sexual event. (The last paragraph was hard to follow as to who was texting what to whom, but that's the implication I got.) Why would a couple that was just reconnecting decide to add a third to their makeup sex? Doesn't make sense to me...

Sorry, I just don't see how most of this fits together at all.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userprinnavea@prinnavea
125 Followers
Small town country boy I am. I grew up, got married, 3 kids. I am good with my hands, being mechanically inclined, can fix just about anything. If it is broke, as grandson would say, arms flailing, palms up, "I FIX!' oh! just to let you know the profile name ' Prinnavea' mean...