Guarded Ep. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The corgi seemed to pick up on things and started cutting some bits of true blue avenue into the main song.

"Take my hand, as we gaze..."

"Hold my hand, this is our last chance."

Leo pulled her closer, the wolf was now resting her hands upon his chest. She looked upon him, tears in her eyes and smiling as she sang. The audience had stopped singing and just listened. They listened while the two songs were blended together in bittersweet harmony.

The bodyguard nuzzled his chest while singing out. "The pain of our final goodbye-"

The idol stroked his fingertips down her braid of hair. "Time will hold still for us."

Synthetic music and lasers filled the concert hall, while they held one another and danced. Every lyric he sang of the hopeful optimistic song, she cut into with the melancholy words of the other. It weaved into a story all on its own. One lover trying to optimistically keep things going, while the other brought the reality of ending down upon them.

"Hold my hand."

"Take my hand."

"Walk with me down this blue avenue-"

"Into a neon sunset..."

Tracey pushed her head to his chest, feeling tears well up in her eyes. Leo grinned and held her close, his own eyes filled with tears. He looked out over the crowd seeing them all looking humble and introspective.

"... how was it?" Tracey asked weakly, trying to keep her voice from cracking as she spoke.

"Intense..." The idol spoke back to her softly. He gently pulled from her arms and wiped his own eyes, before putting his hands on his hips. "What's your evaluation?"

The audience seemed slow to shake the feelings off as well, but soon enough it was a rolling mass of approval. Tracey grinned and looked to Leo, her tail wagging slowly.

"Good work cutting them on the fly like that, James!" Leo spoke out to the corgi at the deck.

"Just doing my job, boss." The small dog gave the idol a nod and grinned.

"What a night... what a tour!" The idol called out towards the audience and grinned as they cheered. Leo grinned over at Tracey. "Anything you want to leave everyone with?"

The wolf grinned and put a hand on her hip, looking over the crowd. "Thank you... thank you for putting up with my singing and loving my dumb boyfriend." The room filled with enthusiasm at her words and she clearly heard some 'I love you Tracy' lines mixed into the cheers. She smiled and shook her head before flashing them all a cocky grin. "I love all of you too!"

"Hey! That's my line!" Leo huffed out defensively. Max grinned and gave the motion to drop the stage curtains. The idol saw the curtains lowering and quickly barked out into his own mic. "I love all of you more, damn it!"

The crowd cheered and screamed it's love as the curtains fell. Tracey stood before the ram and put her hands on her hips. Leo smiled at her and cocked a brow before speaking out. "What?"

Tracey flicked her ear, hearing the calls from the other side of the curtain for an encore. "Are we?"

The idol showed his teeth and looked over at his band, who were just sitting there at the ready. "Do you see them breaking down their equipment?"

"So what are we singing?" The wolf asked him with a smirk.

"You mean, what are you singing. I'm out!" The idol quickly fled the stage as the curtain started raising.

The wolf widened her eyes as the curtain started lifting on her alone. She hadn't even realized the feed had gone live on her mic again as she growled at the idol. "Get back here you stupid sheep! If you don't, I will sing something ridiculous just to piss you off!"

Her ears lifted as she heard herself on the feed and turned to look upon the audience. There was an awkward murmur from the crowd as the wolf rubbed the back of her head.

"Anything but ska!" Someone screamed out from deep within the audience. The rest of the audience started cheering for her eagerly.

"Sorry guys, probably not the encore you were hoping for..." The wolf grinned and cleared her throat. "Well then..." Tracey looked to the side of the stage, seeing the idol standing next to Max, giving her a thumbs up.

The bodyguard showed her teeth. "Fine... you don't want to sing with me? I will remember this later..."

Leo felt a chill run down his spine and quickly scrambled back onto the stage. "Ha ha... just kidding, loves!" There was a collective laugh from the crowd but Tracey just gave the idol a fussy glare. "So what are we singing, hun?"

"So now it's we?" The wolf snorted and moved over to James asking him a few questions. She showed a grin as he nods then moved back to the idol. The corgi began to speak quickly to the other bandmates explaining things.

Tracey cleared her throat and turned back on her mic. "Alright loves... this one is before most of your times. Hell, it's before mine too. I hope you don't mind."

"Oh, what are we singing?" Leo gave her an eager grin.

"Life on Mars." Tracey nodded to the corgi to begin. "You know the lyrics?"

The idol gave her a grin and put his hands on his hips. "Where do you think my makeup idea came from?"

The song got started right away and Tracey began singing without missing a beat. It took the idol a few moments to shift gears from his style of pop to this one. Soon enough they were in harmony with one another.

She grinned while holding his hands, hearing some of the audience singing along with them. "I knew there was a reason I loved you..." The wolf huffed the words playfully at him between the short guitar solo.

The ram and wolf gave the audience a few more songs after that, before officially ending the show. The tour had ended and with that, Tracey's contract. For the time being, she wasn't his bodyguard. She was simply his girlfriend and the thought of that made her very happy.

#

"Are you sure I look okay?" Leo asked her for the fifth time in less than an hour.

"You look fine, it's my Mom, not an interview!" The wolf barked the words while focusing on the road. She hadn't been behind the wheel of a car in months, so she was trying to remain focused.

"Sorry, just a little nervous." The ram grinned awkwardly and looked out the passenger's side window. He had flushed the blue dye from his hair for the season, opting for the more natural off white of it. He had taken several inches off the length for the spring and summer.

"You look fine, Darling... for a nerd." Tracey gave him a quick smile before returning her attention to the road. They were both in jeans, hers black and his blue. She wore a very typical short-sleeved blue top like most of the ones she owned. He had on a thin Hawaiian style shirt, the color of light blue, with little paw prints dotting it. He had strategically left the top few buttons undone, just enough to give the faintest glimpse of the definition in his chest.

Tracey pulled her old muscle car into her mother's driveway and whistled at the new siding on the house. "Huh... they did a good job, the place looks great now." She spoke the words while climbing from the car.

Leo climbed from the passenger side and awkwardly followed beside his girlfriend. Tracey gave him a grin and reached out to grip his hand with her own. He smiled and gripped her hand, feeling some of his tension ease. "You're gonna be fine, Leo."

Tracey hummed to herself while knocking at the door. It opened and her mother was hugging her right away. The younger wolf barked a laugh and hugged her back. "Geeze, Mom... you act like you've not seen me in half a year!"

The older wolf pulled from her arms with a playful glare. "You don't say?" Her blue eyes averted towards the taller man standing beside her daughter. "Ah, you must be Leonard."

"Yes, Mrs. Wellford. It's nice to meet you. Please uhm... just call me Leo." The ram spoke the words nervously and grinned.

She gave him a grin in response, it was an interesting thing to see for him. So many features like his lover but also different and not quite the same. "Tracey, please come in. I will make us some tea."

Leo found himself seated at a small dinner table, with his girlfriend and her mother. Tracey was already looking relaxed and sipping on the hot earl grey. The younger wolf spoke out after a sip. "I and Leo have an errand to run in a few. I would like to take you out for dinner tonight though."

"That would be nice, Tracey." The older wolf sipped her own tea before shifting her gaze to the ram. Leo stiffed his back slightly and lifted his ears. "So, you're her client?"

"Ah... well, I was. Technically her contract isn't active right now." He spoke the words with a grin.

"Ha... I'm babysitting your ass twenty-four-seven, contract or not." Tracey grinned and moved a hand to gently rest on his.

"This is all new to me, I've never had this situation happen to me." The older wolf smiled, watching the two of them before her.

Tracey nodded at the words. "Well... love never was very high on my priority list."

The older dog lifted her ears at the words. "Love? Has it already gotten that far along with you two?"

Leo and Tracey shared a look and then he cleared his throat. "Yes, it has. I love your daughter very much, Mrs Wellford." Tracey grumbled and looked away, her cheeks flushing.

"That's so wonderful. I'm really happy, have you two made any plans?" The older wolf asked eagerly.

"The hell is that supposed to mean, Mom?" The younger wolf showed her teeth with a growl.

"Actually! I came here today to ask for your blessings!" Leo fired back, giving the older wolf his finger guns.

"Oh my... are you serious, Leo?" Her mother grinned, her eyes looking between the two of them.

"He isn't!" Tracey growled the words and shoved a jab into his shoulder, which made his whole body shudder.

Leo winced and grabbed where she punched him, a grin on his face. "Heh... worth it..."

"Tracey, are you always this violent with him?" Her mother asked her with a disapproving tone.

"Only half the time, Mom!" The younger wolf huffed the words playfully.

Leo showed his teeth and rubbed his shoulder while grinning. "It's fine Mrs. Wellford. I think her little outbursts are cute."

"You have terrible taste in women, darling," Tracey spoke the words pointedly at him but smiled.

"I fell in love with you, the first time you shoved me up against the wall and threatened to kill me!" The ram spoke the words poetically.

"Y-you're kidding, right?" The older wolf stammered the words and blinked at the two of them.

"He isn't. I was ready to beat him half to death when we first met." Tracey spoke the words dryly. The wolf then folded her ears and gave a sigh, looking back at him and grinning. "Rams are stubborn..."

Leo grinned and moved to hold her hand again. "Trust me, it's not like she spends every day kicking me around. A lot of the abuse I bring upon myself anyway."

"You do." Tracey snorts the words back at him.

"I can't believe how much you've changed, Tracey. You seem more relaxed and... happy. Are you sure I didn't imagine you, Leo?" Her mother grinned at the younger wolf and ram.

Leo shot her mother a finger gun as he started to sing lyrically. "I'm sorry Mrs. Wellford, I am for reeeeal~"

Tracey fixed him with a glare, "Seriously?"

The older wolf giggled at the words, recognizing the lyrics, "You're so cute, what do you do Leo?"

He gave her a shocked look and then glanced at Tracey. The wolf gave a shrug before speaking. "It's against my contract to talk about my clients' work, regardless of my personal stake in it."

The ram folded his arms in thought, then lifted a finger. "Do you listen to any newer music, Mrs. Wellford?"

"Ah... some. Mostly just whatever's popular and playing on the radio. Why do you ask?" The older wolf tilted her head curiously.

"Have you heard this song?" He clears his throat and quickly sings out the main chorus from neon sunset.

"Oh! Yes, I hear that one played often, it's a very catchy song." She nods the words with a smile.

Leo gives a cocky smile. "Take out your cell phone and search 'neon sunset singer'" Tracey gives the ram a fussy glare but doesn't say anything.

"Well, alright." The older wolf takes out her phone and begins to search for the information. "Oh, a fellow named Electric Blue sings it. I think I remember hearing his name from the radio station. Hmm... says here his real name is Leonard Montone..."

The wolf looks from her phone to the ram multiple times then lifts her ears. "Huh... you two look really similar, Leo. If only your hair were longer and blue."

Tracey barks out a laugh and picks up her tea, taking a sip.

Leo shows his teeth in a grin. "That is me. I just took the blue out of my hair and trimmed it up since it's getting warmer."

"Oh, I see. Why didn't you just say so to begin with?" The wolf smiled at him and tucked her cellphone away.

"She's just like you, eh?" Leo smiled at Tracey.

"We are like night and day, darling. However, we do get a few things right we agree upon. Neither of us ever gave a hoot about money and fame." Tracey finished her tea and let out a content sigh.

"Well, you two seem very happy. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better Leo." She smiled at the ram and wagged her tail with a little effort.

"Me too, Mrs. Wellford. I love your daughter very much." The ram gave her a smile.

Tracey sighed and climbed from the table. "Yeah, well let's talk more over dinner. I will bring you up to speed on everything later tonight, Mom."

"Oh, you're leaving already, Tracey?" The older wolf drooped her ears with a frown.

"Relax, Mom. I will be back in a few hours." Tracey gave her a smile.

Leo rose from his seat and smiled at Tracey. "Yeah, I will also answer any questions you have."

Her mother gave her a long look, as if reading her posture. "Tracey, honey... is that a good idea?"

"It is." Leo chimed in before Tracey could open her mouth. The older wolf turned to him and the idol flicked another button free on his shirt, pulling it open enough to show the silver locket against his chest.

The older wolf's mouth gaped slightly and she put the pieces together right away. She set her jaw and gave the ram a nod. "Thank you, I don't even know the details yet. However I already know, you've done an immense kindness for my daughter."

"I will be back in a few hours, Mom." Tracey spoke the words and pushed past the two of them, walking back to her car.

Leo frowned and folded his arms, watching her go. He looked back to the older wolf and gave a smile. "I will bear any burden your daughter has."

"I believe you, Leo. Take good care of my little pup..." The older wolf offered him a smile before he turned and left the house.

#

The sun was starting to sink, the sky faintly turning to hues of orange and red. Tracey hadn't spoken much on the half hour drive there. She walked with a purposeful stride past the grave sites, a small brown bag in hand. The ram following beside her silently, holding a small bundle of flowers.

She came upon the trio of headstones and clenched her teeth, the memories rushing back in. Leo stopped when she did and placed his free hand on her shoulder, giving her a reassuring nod. Tracey blinked up at him, her eyes already wet and nodded back.

The white wolf stepped to the central headstone and let out a sigh, running her fingertips through the red and white bangs of her hair. "Hey, grandmother... I know it's been a while. Some dumb ram had me galavanting all over the country for half a year..."

Leo stood next to her with a smile, saying nothing. Tracey took out a fifth a bottle of southern whiskey from the bag she carried. "You want a hit?" Tracey asked him with a weak voice that cracked a little.

"Not if I'm driving, hun." The ram spoke back gently.

Tracey nodded and uncapped the black labeled bottle. She took a long pull from it, feeling it burn down her throat. She then gave a sigh and turned the rest of the bottle over. The amber liquid seemed to shimmer in the fading rays of sunset. Tumbling down in the air, spilling over the stone and earth below.

"I never drank with her, but she always told me number seven was her favorite..." The wolf growled the words and capped the empty bottle, laying it at the base of the headstone. Leo moved next to her and laid the flowers against the wet stone.

Tracey simply fell back and took a seat on the grass. She looked over the stone, an elbow resting on her bent knee. "I brought this guy with me, Helen... he's alright..."

Leo smiled and took a seat next to her. "I wish I could have met you, Mrs. Sherry... but your granddaughter won't shut up about you. Everything she tells me and I read about you, you're one hell of a gal..."

"She is, huh?" Tracey barked out and shook her head with a growl. "Leo... thank you for coming with me..."

"Of course, I'm your rock." The ram spoke the words gently, then let out a grunt as the wolf shoved herself into his chest, clutching him tightly. He smiled and held the woman he loved, held her while she sobbed and cried out against his chest. His hand stayed on her head, stroking her hair and ears.

There were no words to be said, she didn't do anything but cling to him and cry. He held her close and let her take as much time as she needed. Several minutes passed and the wolf gave a ragged sigh, her body shuddering. She croaked out weakly in a small voice. "I'm sorry..."

"Don't be... don't ever apologize for something like this..." He spoke the words gently, his fingertips moving over her face to brush her tears away. Tracey blinked up at him and gave a weak, fragile smile.

Leo grinned and pushed his forehead to hers, looking into her wet eyes. "I live to see you smile. I love you, Tracey."

"I love you too, Leo..." The wolf whispered the words and shoved her mouth to his. He held her tightly, kissing her and tasting the smokey flavor of whiskey on her breath.

They kissed for several moments before she pulled from his lips and rested her head against his chest. He held her close while they sat there, in the peace and stillness. The air smelled of grass, earth, and faintly of whiskey. The rays of the sun quickly began to fade into dusk.

"I will write a song about her..." The ram finally spoke out after several minutes of silence.

"Yeah?" Tracey asked weakly.

"Yeah... will you help me write it?" He spoke the words gently into her ears.

"Sure... but only if you really want to, Leo." She nodded against his chest while speaking in a whisper.

"I really do. I want the world to understand and see her, see what she lived and died for. I have the means of doing that." He moved his hands to rub at her ears gently.

"Leo... a lot of that is over now. People aren't so hyped up on the whole predator and non-predator thing. For better or worse, her dreams did come true..." Tracey frowned and gently pulled from his chest.

"They still should know about her sacrifice. Appreciate the past, so you don't repeat it kind of thing." The ram grinned at her as he spoke the words.

Tracey looked back at the headstone and nodded her head. "We will see what we can come up with."

Leo grinned and wiped her cheeks again. "You good now?"

Tracey gave a nod and found her feet. "Yeah... I got it out of my system. Thanks for letting me."

He stood with her and moved in for another quick kiss. "You know I'm happy to do it... I'm always here for you, Tracey."

"Thank you. I would like to come again before the next tour, will you come with me?" She spoke out gently towards him.

"I will, any time and every time." He gave the wolf a reassuring grin.

Tracey gave him a loving grin, then turned and gave a small bow to the headstone. "I will come again, Helen. I love you."

Leo gave his own polite bow then grinned. "Don't worry, Mrs. Sherry. I will take good care of her. You have my word, so you just rest easy." He placed his hand over the locket on his chest.