Hades and Persephone Pt. 02

Story Info
Love is a powerful force.
3k words
4.57
5.9k
5

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/12/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sauscio
Sauscio
40 Followers

Persephone sat up in her bed, the bright morning sun shining through her window. She beamed; it was her 18th birthday today. She sprung out of bed, rinsing her face in a bowl of clean water. Her green eyes stared back as she admired herself in the mirror. She was interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Excuse me, ma'am, your bath is being drawn as we speak, it's time to prepare you for your celebration!" A tall, stern-looking elderly woman in a navy cloak walked briskly into the room, holding a robe out for the young Goddess.

Persephone coaxed the ivory slip off her shoulders, letting it slip down her curves to the floor, and stepping into the robe that her handmaid held open. She sat in front of a vanity as her fiery hair was brushed out, then she was guided through the archway of the bathroom where a hot bath was waiting.

She cooed as she stepped into the hot water, letting it envelope her body. Her hips wriggled as she seeped in the water, and rubbing her arms as goosebumps spread over them. Her handmaid dipped a silver pitcher into the water, pouring it over Persephone's head, following up with a scrub, and brushing it through her long hair.

"Are you excited for today?" The handmaid asked, stroking her hair.

Persephone smiled. "Yes Anya, can't you see my glow?" She held up her arm, showing off her luminous, golden skin.

"I've been your handmaid since you were a pup. You were a funny child." She said, "I remember having to chase you down with 3 other maids just to get you in the bath!"

Persephone giggled, "Well I learned to love them." She grabbed one of her hands, holding it to her cheek and kissing it gently. "You've been a most wonderful figure in my life. Thank you."

"Oh, I will miss you when you are married." Anya mused.

"Let's not think about those things!" She splashed the water, jokingly, "I want to enjoy my birthday!"

Her handmaid laughed, dipping the pitcher into the water again, and rinsing her hair out. She handed Kore a towel, helping her back into her robe and leading her back in front of the vanity. Her hair was curled into a beautiful cascade down her back, and her eyes lined with onyx.

Persephone was dressed in an ivory chiffon wrap dress, pinned with golden broaches. Elegant chains draped down her neck and chest, and bangles were hung on her wrists. The maids laced sandals up her calves, with jade beads strung along the laces.

She gave Anya's hand a final squeeze before they left her alone in her room. She stared at herself, playing with her hair and thinking about her big day. Her thoughts didn't last long, and she was interrupted by her bedroom door opening once again. Demeter stepped in, opening her arms to hug her daughter.

"You look beautiful, my Kore!" She gushed as they embraced.

"Thank you," She smiled, pulling away from her mother, "I'm a little bit nervous."

"Nonsense. You're finally a woman! You only have to worry about your godly duties now." Demeter assured her daughter, sweeping her bangs aside

"Spring." Persephone stated."

"Yes. You're going to bring the most beautiful Springs the humans have ever seen." Demeter stepped back grabbing her hands. "We can spend the majority of the year in the mortal realm together; Spring through Fall!" She falsely smiled at her overbearing mother. "Let's go, there is much to be done before the party!"

Persephone nodded and followed her throughout their palace. They went over decorations, menus, music, and schedules for hours before she finally cut a break. She sneaked out to the courtyard to hide for a minute. Laelaps came bounding to her side for a scratch as she sat on a marble bench.

There were footsteps walking towards her, and annoyed, she turned to expect her mother. Her annoyance turned to relief when Zeus appeared from behind the hedges. She stood up to hug him.

"Happy Birthday, kid." His embrace swallowing her tiny frame - making her feel safe and calm.

"Thank you, father." She sat back down on the bench, and Zeus sat beside her, Laelaps snuggling his head between them.

"I have a gift for you." He turns to her, revealing a golden wreath. "For a true queen."

She blushed as he placed it around her head, "Oh my! Thank you!" She hugged him again, and they embraced for a while.

"We've got to go, or your mother will have my head. The party is about to start." He stood up, holding a hand out to her.

She took his hand and let him escort her into the ballroom of the palace. She was greeted by an array of strange and familiar faces. She suddenly got butterflies and grabbed a glass of wine from a nearby servant.

"Kore, this is Achilles." Zeus had his hand on the shoulder of a very big man. "A great warrior, I made him a commander in my army and granted him eternal life in exchange for his service."

The man took her delicate hand and kissed it. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

"You as well." She smiled and blushed, quickly stepping aside, embarrassed.

"Kore!" Hera called after her. Persephone turned to see her wrapped around the arm of a tall, muscular man, smiling brightly at her. "Persephone, you remember Ares. He's a little hot-headed but he's a real man!"

"It's good to see you again, Ares." She bowed to him, and he did the same back.

"Happy Birthday, Kore, you look stunning tonight." He held out a hand, "Would you care to dance?" He asked.

She blushed, taking his hand and obliging him. They spun around the room talking about the different gods and goddesses in attendance. She kept meeting his eyes, and smiling back at him throughout the dance.

"May I cut in?" Hermes tapped him on the shoulder, and held his hand out to Kore.

She smiled and bowed to Ares, turning toward her new dance partner. Persephone was introduced to every eligible bachelor that attended her party, each wanting to dance and having their own proposal for her. Apollo even recited a poem that all of Greece could hear. The constant introductions and name memorizing became a daunting task to her, and she had to catch a break. She excused herself, and slipped out to the courtyard, where she hid in the gardens on a marble bench.

She sat alone, the soft glow of the party barely reaching her. She stroked her hair and pondered what she would do with her life, now that she was an adult. There were many suitors to choose from, but did she want to marry right away?

"You look beautiful." His voice sent goosebumps down her arms. She turned toward the gorgeous and pale statue of a man. His long dark hair had been pulled back, and held in place with a gold pin. His chiseled features were draped in deep black, a long cape dragged on the ground behind him, held in place with gold pins and jewelry. She had only spoken to him in her dreams, but now he was here before her. He was magnificent, glowing and radiant, and he held a steady hand out to greet her. She took his hand, shaking, and found herself with nothing to say.

"When I last spoke to you, you were but 10 years old." He chuckled, kissing her hand ever so gently. "It's good to see you, Persephone. You've grown to be such a gorgeous woman."

"Thank you." She piped out. She hadn't known if that meeting were real or not, and the many dreams she had had about him since seemed to blur it all together. "Who are you?" She asked.

Hades smiled and pulled out a Pomelia, sweeping her hair aside and placing it behind her ear, as he had done 8 years prior. Her heart was pounding when he stepped closer. "I'm Hades."

Her heart stopped. All of the stories she had heard, all of the books and legends that she read, this was him. They had indeed met years prior, and now she was in his presence once again. His eyes shown ice blue, almost glowing, and his skin was a golden-ivory in the moonlight. His demeanor was calm, and he stood with confidence and grace

"So, it wasn't a dream?" She whispered.

"No - I am no dream." 'I am a nightmare' Hades thought. "Happy Birthday" He smiled, producing a small black box. "I hope you don't mind a gift."

"Thank you!" She beamed, taking the box and opening it to reveal an elegant golden chain adorned with jade gemstones, the same light green as her eyes. "Oh, Hades, I love it." She whispered and hugged him, "Help me put it on?" She said, handing him the box and lifting up her hair.

His fingers raised goosebumps on her skin as he fastened the clasp around her neck, and centered the necklace. "You look incredible." The sound of stringed instruments flooded out into the courtyard, and Hades asked, "Would you care to dance?"

Her heart fluttered about and all she could manage was a nod of her head. Hades wrapped one hand firmly around her small waist, holding her hand against his chest with the other. Persephone's cheeks were burning as she placed her free hand on his shoulder and they began to dance. Every time she looked up at the man, he met her with his soft blue gaze.

"Why did you visit me all those years ago?" She asked suddenly, "And why are you here now?" When he didn't respond, she looked up to see a deep blush on his face.

"I..." He swallowed, "I was promised your hand in marriage by your father."

She stopped, "What? Zeus put you up to this? What gives him the right?!"

"I told him I wouldn't force you to be my wife. I would never force you to do anything." He interjected. "Surely, you will consider it...?"

"I don't... I don't know." She admitted, "I've never really considered marriage to anyone, really."

He nodded, and they continued dancing. She thought about it for a while, slowly falling into him, releasing all control and following his every step. He released her hand and slid a finger under her chin, coaxing her head up and planting a soft kiss on her forehead. A warmth spread from his touch and goosebumps took over her body.

"I would do everything in my power to make you happy." Hades whispered.

Would it be so bad to be with this man? She thought. He's so kind and gentle. He's handsome to.

"My mother doesn't like you." Persephone whispered.

He stiffened, "I would imagine not. I don't have a great reputation with most of the gods." Hades sighed. "I don't know why they all seem to hate me. I haven't done anything to hurt them. I just possess powers none of them could fathom."

She stopped and looked up at Hades. "What power-"

"Kore?" A woman's voice called out from a distance.

As she turned her head, she felt the arms that held her vanish. She looked back to see that Hades had disappeared, leaving her baffled in the dark. She had so many questions for him.

"Kore!" Armetis came from behind her, startling the young Goddess. "Why are you out here alone?"

"Oh, I lost a ring out here earlier. I was just coming to see if I would have any luck finding it." She turned and smiled at her friend.

Armetis grabbed her wrist and started back towards the well-lit ballroom. "Well, let's get going, they're bringing out the cake!"

She turned back, hoping to catch a glimpse of the gorgeous man, but there was no sign of him in the dark. When they walked in, she was greeted by applause and a cake with hundreds of candles on it. Once the candles were blown out, she was escorted onto the floor to share a dance with her father. From there she danced, and drank wine until there were few people left in the grand ballroom.

"I have to go to the restroom, please excuse me." She pardoned herself down a long dark hallway. Kore slipped into an empty room to catch her breath, and look herself over in a mirror. Once satisfied with her appearance, she went to leave, but the door suddenly opened and a large frame blocked the exit.

"Ares!" She nearly screamed his name. "You scared the daylight out of me!" Her relief was short lived when his arms were suddenly around her. His lips were on hers, hard and aggressive.

"Marry me, Kore!" He huffed, smiling something stupid at her.

"You're drunk!" She giggled, and bopped him on the nose.

"YOU'RE drunk!" He laughed, closing the door behind him and lifting her up. "I would make the best husband! I'm very strong, and handsome." He set her down on a plush ottoman, whispering "I also have a big cock!" and, laughing at himself.

"Oh my gods, Ares! Get a hold of yourself!" She smacked his shoulder.

He laughed, kissing her on the forehead.

"Need another drink? We haven't hung out in a while." he asked.

"Yes, please." She agreed and he poured 2 glasses of wine, handing one to her, and sitting on the armchair alike to the ottoman.

"I can't believe it's been 18 years... It seems like my mother and I were at your baby shower just yesterday!" He marveled, holding up his glass before they both took a sip.

"I know... We were just kids hanging out not too long ago." She laughed an took another sip of wine.

"What are your plans, now that you're all grown up?" He asked.

"I'm not sure. Perhaps I would perfect my duties, and if I were to find a suitor, get married; maybe have kids." She mused, taking another drink, as her head started swirling.

His face grew serious, and he pulled himself closer, "Kore, please marry me." He said, sternly, placing his hands on her hips. "I would make you so happy."

"Ares, you're very sweet, but I'm just not sure who I would want to marry." She placed her hand on his cheek, but his face grew confused.

"Not sure who?" He asked, annoyed. "So you have someone else in mind?"

"That's not what I meant," Her ability to articulate grew weaker as her head grew foggy and the room started spinning. "I don't feel right." she tried to stand up, but his hands tightened on her waist.

"Who?" He demanded.

She hesitated, "Well Hades asked if I-"

"What the fuck?" He cut her off. "Hades - Aidoneus!?" He spoke his name with such disgust, "You're not being serious Kore."

"Hey, what I do is my business!" She tried to stand up to him, but could hardly think.

"Not when you choose a piece of trash like that over me!" He pulled her to the edge of the ottoman, and leaned over her, "I'll just have to take you for myself then." He grabbed her hands and pulled them behind her back, pinning her down with his weight.

"NO-mmmph!" He muffled her mouth with his hand.

Ares assaulted her neck with his mouth, leaving dark markings in his path. He grabbed the hem of her dress, shimmying it up her legs, exposing her underclothes. Tears started to form in her eyes as he rubbed her soft mound through her undergarments. He removed one of the broaches holding her dress in place, practically ripping it off.

"My beautiful bride" He hissed as he started peeling back the top of her dress, exposing her chest. "Be a good girl and I'll be gentle-"

A pale hand suddenly clawed into Ares's shoulder and tore him backwards. Hades had pinned him against the wall with a grip on his neck, holding a bident to his face. His chest was heaving, and blue flames burned in his eyes.

"How dare you!" Hades boomed, "How could you lay a hand on her? How could you violate her with such ease? You filth! You have nothing but shame!"

He must not have realized the grip he had on Ares's neck was cutting off his air, as well as his ability to reply. By now a small crowd had gathered at the door to witness the drama.

"I've got it from here, brother." Zeus put his hand on Hades's shoulder trying to calm him.

He eased off of Ares slowly, allowing Zeus to grab him by the back of the neck and take him away. Hades's face was twisted with anger; he stood with his fists clenched, breathing heavily.

"Hades..." A drugged, hurt and disheveled Persephone sat up, her tattered dress falling open. He was immediately beside her, cloaking her in his black cape and lifting her up to hold her close. "Get me out of here." She begged with tears in her eyes.

He made haste for the doorway, everyone moving aside for them. Peaking over Hades's shoulder, Persephone watched Zeus and a few other gods handling Ares.

"Kore?" Demeter called through the chaos behind them. "Kore, honey!"

"Hurry." She squeaked, and Hades sped his pace.

They made it through the grand ballroom, and up through the grand entrance. Hades's feet quickly tapped down the stone stairway to his awaiting chariot.

"Kore!" Her mother called angrily. "Put her down!"

She held tightly to Hades, who did not break his pace. He stepped up onto the chariot, placing her on her feet, still holding most of her weight with one arm around her.

"Hold on." Hades whispered. She tightened her grip around him, hiding her head in his chest as he grabbed the reins and the chariot jerked forward.

"PERSEPHONE!" Demeter screamed after her daughter.

Hades threw his bident toward the ground, where the dirt and grass yielded to a massive portal. He whipped the reins, and the two black stallions broke for the entrance to the Underworld.

Sauscio
Sauscio
40 Followers