All Comments on 'Happy Holiday Memories?'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 76 Comments
J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comics8 months ago

Too short. No consequences, open ended, meh.

other2other1other2other18 months ago

I hope there is a part 2…

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy8 months ago

Surprise! Surprise!

4

kelchakelcha8 months ago

Sympathy for all the characters in the story. Awareness of real self can come in later years, but, adultry is still wrong. Gave a score of four * and would have enjoyed a longer read.

swfb70swfb708 months ago

not a fan if how you put the young girls in the middle

RePhilRePhil8 months ago

A good opening. A great plot only not to be fully realized in this Flash story. Maybe consider a follow up

miket0422miket04228 months ago

She takes them on a gameshow to show off pictures of vacations that her husband wasn't present for. Then tries to convince him he was there and just forgot. Then says she wasn't brave enough to tell him she was a lesbian.

Just a slight tweak to Hariet's dialogue would have made this story make much more sense.

Bry1977Bry19778 months ago

4 stars for an unfinshed but good start! finishing would get more stars

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed8 months ago

Harriet is delusional to appear on national television and do this. It is totally disrespectful of her husband and children and to expect to do so without disaster is unbelievable. This hints of her lover trying to destroy Harriet’s family to guilt control her. This is not a good stopping point even if there were more parts coming.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ8 months ago

Unfinished stories don’t get stars. I hope John crushes Amber for destroying his daughters’ young lives. He should take them on a permanent holiday and never come back. Harriett can be alone with Amber who will move on to another target with a family to break.

someoneothersomeoneother8 months ago

The premise of the story -- that wife would go on television to talk about trips with her lover -- is so asinine that everything after that fails. Also it is rather unlikely for little girls to prefer a missing dad rather than the mother that is with them all the time. So, story makes no sense.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove8 months ago

What a great setup for a story. It was a little rushed—probably needed a page or two to prepare for the reveal, but awesome. But that is my point—it is rushed and not yet a story. This could be a lot of fun to read. You like nuance I can tell; why not follow that instinct and tell a rich, nuanced, and unfolding narrative? I would enjoy reading it!

PostScriptorPostScriptor8 months ago

I know that people often want longer stories, but this flash story contained all of the information that one needed. The premise was interesting, but plausible (I mean, a lot of people want to be on television, often even knowing that it will be embarrassing) the notion the the wife puts up past vacation photos without connecting that they could potentially cause a problem is plausible (albeit a bit Freudian) And the whole thing is a vignette that if you wrote another 20,000 words on it wouldn’t add much. This little episode answered everything! LOL

HighpikeHighpike8 months ago

Fun read, I can take it from here.

TonyspencerTonyspencer8 months ago

Ah the innocence of young children. I guess we can work out what happens next. An explosive 5* from me.

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 months ago

Yeah, the worked well. 5* an amusing vignette, though one covering a sad topic.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc8 months ago

Just a snippet with no front and back. Unless there's a sequel that make sense - 3.4*

Rocky62Rocky628 months ago

Cement shoes to davey jones locker for these two wastes of skin

114FSO114FSO8 months ago

Another ENTITLED bitch burnt. Again, no responsibility or accountability placed on the bitch, yet the system and society will give the childeren to the bitch, along with at least half the income he makes to subsidize her nefarious actions. He'll loose the house, become a one weekend a month parent, and who will suffer the most, the children.

I agree Cement shoes and a one way trip to Davy Jones.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

2nd chapter please

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

2 stories posted by this author today - both without endings, both not worth the time.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

Where is the rest of the story? Why would he take the cheating bitch home?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Don't bother if you can't finish a story

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny8 months ago

What a cold fish

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

@ J Reader Comics

No consequences? What would you call being all over the Internet exposed as a adulterous lesbian?

You're one thick SOB.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

How is this a loving wife? It should have come under another category. Will John leave the Navy now? What will happen to the girls? Amber. everyone knows about you now. Talk about cheating while the guy is in the service especially with his money; and teaching the children to lie.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Far from finished... no ody gets off that easy... I hope she at least has to walk home in a driving rainstorm

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Quirky but ummm, why would Harriet out herself as a cheat in this way? I can't imagine she really didn't remember with whom she went on holiday. She wasn't brave enough to tell the truth in private but plenty brave enough to do the big reveal on national TV? That doesn't make sense to me.

KiwihunterKiwihunter8 months ago

A very real story but the setting is so unrealistic.

skruff101skruff1018 months ago

As is the norm the guy is about to get fucked again, though sadly not in the good way.

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut8 months ago

I'm more disappointed when I see you submit two partial stories on the same day.

You do have a talent for writing and ideas, but seeds are meant to be what we plant, not what we harvest.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu8 months ago

There is potential in this story to go further.

Unfortunately, the writer ended it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

There's a germ of something here, but the TV thing was pointless unless it's fleshed out more.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Can't decide if this is the train wreck that has already occurred, and people are slowing down to look at the carnage, or if this train is still speeding into the station...with the engineer dead at the wheel. Interesting read either way.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What was there was well done, but it was short enough to be called "abrupt." Bombshells deserve a little more aftermath. Even if only in a summary paragraph.

She brought the kids into her perfidy -- not the homosexuality but the deceit -- and for that she deserves significant consequences.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

No way would she submit those photos. She would lie and use a family shot of all four members.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Why would a "loving" mother continue a relationship with a person who belittles her children's father and whom they despise? I mean it's not as if she only sees the woman away from the kids. No, she's forced them to be around her. Even as she disrespects their father. She also made her children withhold the truth from him. Disgusting. Her happiness is not more important than her children's. And I'm a mother saying that.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Not sure why you posted this. There was nothing interesting about it. No plot, no story.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture8 months ago

Agree with others good start but if this is the end it sucks

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x8 months ago

"the presenter, Collete" - Since she just gave her name, you don't need to.

\

Another non-ending. So what happened next? The girls are too young to normally be allowed to choose, but I can't see her getting custody, especially if Amber is in the picture.

MattblackUKMattblackUK8 months ago

To all people complaining that stories are too short What do you expect? Whore and Peace?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Totally improbable. Why on Earth would they take part in a show when they didn't even spend the holidays together ? Just doesn't make sense.

TheCommenterTheCommenter8 months ago

The LW tendency to have an even dumber woman every day has reached a new record low. Really? This premise requires a woman so dumb she probably wouldn't be able to form a coherent sentence.

CaptainbklCaptainbkl8 months ago

The story is a little out there in regards to the plot. However, I liked it and if you finished it I would have given more than 4 stars.

RzcanuckRzcanuck8 months ago

I actually liked this one. However it is too short and needed a little more filling.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Succint and complete. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

She didn't suddenly get hit with the dyke ray. She's placed her children in a no win situation because of her selfishness. Not only is she a carpet muncher, she's a piece of shit liar and cheater.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Finish the Damn Story!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

More like brave enough to watch the husband find someone better than her. A lot of selfish cheaters deep down never want to see their spouse love anyone else. It's sick. Even if they don't respect them and sleep with others, they can't stand the idea of setting them free to find anyone else.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Two supposed storied today, this and The Other Betrayed Spouse, where you only posted part of the story. Yes, sometimes it's good to leave the story a little open ended. Neither of these qualify. If you wanted them to be flash stories, label them as flash stories.

.

For example, why was she so stupid as to include pictures of vacations when he wasn't there, and then be surprised that about this. There's a big disconnect. It's apparent this isn't how she was planning to tell him she's gay.

.

Easy rating of 1.

.

BTW, too many people seem to think 5 is the default rating, when is should be reserved for only great stories, not just because the story exists.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Look's like John will remain with the RN after all. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Needs a part 2

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What's the point in writing a tale without a beginning and even more, an ending ? No good at all.

KarenCDFLKarenCDFL8 months ago

What a waste of a readers time.

tralan69ertralan69er8 months ago

There is potential for a story, but you didn't quite make it.

Keep writing and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Sigh. I don't know why I even bother with this section any more.

The overwhelming majority of the writers don't seem to have any concept of what a story a story is and instead just post blurbs.

KRD19254KRD192548 months ago

Dalton, is this story your attempt at 'February Sucks'? This one is way to short leaving it hang right on the edge of an abyss?

\

2.5** hooyah - subject is interesting but your style sucks

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I can imagine this story resulting from the author trying to come up with a more unique way of a husband finding out his wife is cheating. For me, the vehicle of discovery being some tv program based on families showing vacation photos is really a stretch. This programming concept would seem to something suited for TikToc or other social media.

Maybe a better reveal situation may be a family get-together where vacation photos come out and then all the questions begin as to when did these trips take place, where was the father/husband, who took the photos, etc. The wife forced to reveal that she is a lesbian with a woman lover really was too much to pack into this short story.

I give 3 stars for concept but lack of execution.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Again writers No Dam Ending to the story Why ? It seems you guys can start a story well then you dump it without a ends and that sucks big time!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades6 months ago

Children save the day. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

1 about a 10th of a story

BigDee44BigDee446 months ago

Someone (a none-mouse) complained of no ending. No resolution is what I think was meant. Sounds like life to me!

Kernow2023Kernow20235 months ago

how does it end?

WisquejacWisquejac5 months ago

Needs more to it. Thanks.

LanmandragonLanmandragon5 months ago

As it stands, the story is pointless

Chimo1961Chimo19614 months ago

WTF? A statement? Why not a story.

moultonknobmoultonknob4 months ago

Another load of fucking rubbish from this talentless writer, I don't know why he bothered.

Pinto931Pinto9314 months ago

Not really a story more of an outline.

FantasyTrainFantasyTrain4 months ago

Pitiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RocketMan12RocketMan124 months ago

WTF - That was not even a story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Nobody (Harriet) would have such a conversation with her husband on a televised program. Wait! Perhaps it might happen on the Jerry Springer show. Three stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Where's the end??? FTDS

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I learned the first time check the comments first.

Since FTDS is gone there is little hope for story closure.

AnonymousAnonymous17 days ago

Well, I guess if your going to nuke your life. Might as well do it from orbit.

LechemanLecheman16 days ago

Wow, nothing like a global admission or will be once it hits the internet. Still, how stupid could the wife be with showing photos from three holidays that would not have shown her husband in any of them, and no-one, not even the producers detected the anomaly.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES