Haunted Mind

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ease up, Christina. My hand is cramping," he chuckled.

"Sorry," I breathed.

I spread my legs, allowing him to freely stroke through my dripping slit. It still felt incredible, and I was soaked. Theo kissed me again as a chill ran through me. I was also sweaty. He slid his fingers out of me and quickly put them in his mouth. He moaned as he tasted me. My pussy tingled as I watched him. I was jealous that I couldn't taste him at that moment. I would eventually get my chance, but we needed to cool it before someone heard us. The beheading action on stage had quieted down as Katrina and Ichabod shared a thoughtful moment. I leaned my head on Theo's shoulder again, and he leaned his cheek against my hair and sighed. We actually watched three-quarters of the production that night, and it was spectacular. We chatted and laughed about it as we walked back to the north quad and stopped by the fountain.

"I had an amazing time, Christina."

"I did, too. Thank you, Theo."

"Um, I don't want to push my luck, but I have to ask. Would you like to do more tonight? We could go to your place or mine. I could make you breakfast in the morning," he smiled.

My body tingled wildly at the offer. I wanted to push him into the nearby shrubs and ride his cock until we both screamed with orgasm. Shit, I was horny manic. Not good. My heart was racing so badly I was sweating in forty-degree temperatures. I needed to calm down and sleep, or I would crash hard and ruin our Halloween weekend. Sleep was critical if I didn't want to go completely off the rails.

"God, I want to, but I shouldn't. I need to calm down and get some sleep, or bad things will happen."

"I completely understand," he nodded.

Theo pulled me close and kissed me slowly, and I melted against him. My heart rate actually calmed down from his gentle caresses. If I didn't know any better, I would say Theo intuitively knew when and how to touch me. My body relaxed as we kissed, and I suddenly felt exhausted. There it was. The mania eased like fucking magic.

"How did you do that?" I whispered.

"Do what?"

"I'll tell you later. I'm exhausted. Will I see you for lunch tomorrow?"

"Sadly, no. I have three long classes on Friday and a dissertation meeting with my advisor over lunch. Saturday morning and afternoon is my hangout time with Ben. We call it our 'wellness check' day to catch up and unpack shit going on in our lives. I won't see you until the Haunted Mansion Mystery Crawl."

"Okay. I'll have to entertain myself until then. Will you be talking about me at your wellness check?"

"Definitely."

"Good. Tell Ben I said hi."

I tackled Friday by working on my costume, homework, and laundry. I even cleaned my apartment to keep myself busy. My mood was suspiciously steady. My arousal was still high, but no heavy despair or manic anxiety. Theo was the cure-all drug I didn't know I needed. I was slightly terrified something would happen, and the world would fall apart around me at any moment. But, until that happened, I would enjoy feeling almost normal.

I slept in on Saturday since the Haunted Mansion Mystery Crawl would likely run late. After I crawled out of bed and showered, I worked on my costume until it was perfect. I ate a late lunch as I waited for a text from Theo. At five thirty on the dot, he texted me to meet him at six o'clock at the roundabout down from my apartment. He would be waiting for me in a silver sedan. I put on my costume and makeup before I hurried down the sidewalk like a goth Cinderella, eager to meet her dark prince. I found Theo leaning against a sporty silver sedan that put my Civic to shame.

"Holy cow," we announced in unison as we admired each other's costumes in the evening light.

Theo looked seductive in his black and red satin Victorian suit. He had a blood-red waistcoat with gold buttons over a frilly white shirt. His dark red overcoat, black slacks, and black boots made him look like a Gothic nobleman. His dark hair was gelled back, displaying his handsome face in all its glory.

"Theo, you look amazing," I declared.

"And you look like something out of a dirty fantasy," he smiled.

I held out my arms and twirled to show off my black and burgundy Victorian dress. The top was low cut in the front and back, showing off my shoulders, back, neck, and cleavage. The corset squeezed my breasts into doughy white pillows. The finishing touches were my blood-red lips and silver half-moon choker.

"Well, milady, your carriage awaits."

Theo bowed and kissed my hand before he opened the car door for me. His car's fancy navigation led us twenty minutes south until we reached the rural farm property known as Three Sisters Court, where three massive Greek revival mansions with towering white pillars faced each other at the end of a long driveway. The historic plantation homes shared a stunning front lawn garden with a hedge maze at the center. I had visited the property a few times over the years, but never at night.

We parked in a nearby field with the rest of the visitors. From there, we could easily walk to the first mansion or ride in a horse-drawn open carriage. There were five carriages in all. I was ready to walk the short distance, but Theo convinced me to take a carriage. I was happy he did. The carriage took us around the entire driveway loop to admire all the mansions and the garden between them. The lawn was illuminated by the full moon, glowing jack-o-lanterns, and antique oil lamps on tall wrought iron poles. Massive oak trees stood between the houses, creating a natural enclosure. Once the cars were out of view, it felt like we had stepped back in time a few centuries.

The costumed guests gathered on the huge front porch of the first mansion known as Nelly's House. Nelly, Bonnie, and Penny O'Connor were the three sisters who built the mansions over two hundred years ago. A well-dressed butler stepped out of the double doors and introduced himself as James. He instructed the guests to wait patiently for our hostesses to arrive for the official greeting. Then he gave out little samples of hard cider in shot-size champagne glasses.

"This is incredible," I smiled and squeezed Theo's arm.

"It is. I've never seen you smile this much before."

I stuck out my tongue in response, and he leaned in and kissed me. I would have to show him my tongue more often if it earned me more kisses.

"Theo?" announced a woman's voice from behind us.

We stopped kissing and turned around to discover a beautiful couple on the steps behind us. The woman was Japanese and dressed in a stunning blue and white Victorian gown. Her handsome date was a tall blond in a navy blue suit and black waistcoat.

"Olivia," Theo breathed as if the wind had been knocked out of him.

"Oh, Olivia..." I repeated and looked at the woman in surprise.

"Yes," she nodded. "And this is my fiance, Kenneth," she said in reference to her blond date.

"Fiance? Wow... uh, congratulations to you both," Theo stammered.

"Thank you. Who is this lovely woman on your arm?" Olivia asked as she smiled at me.

"Um, this is my new best friend, Christina. She's been in two of my graduate-level classes so far and has proven she's smarter than me. Since I'm a sucker for intelligent women, I asked her out."

Theo was smiling as he spoke. It was comforting to know that seeing his ex didn't ruin his night.

"That's wonderful," Olivia said in approval.

I wasn't good at making conversation, but it felt like it was my turn to speak, so I gave it a shot. I had watched enough sitcoms to know how to carry on a generic conversation.

"Um, it's lovely to meet you, Olivia and Kenneth. Did you two meet at the university?"

"No, actually," Kenneth began, "we started our residencies at the same psychiatric hospital last year. We became instant friends. Now, here we are, celebrating our engagement."

"Wow, that is really wonderful. I'm happy for you both," Theo said in a sincere tone as he looked at Olivia.

She smiled and nodded as she searched his eyes. I could tell there were many things left unsaid after they abruptly separated, but I didn't sense any bitterness between them. That was a relief. Suddenly, a door banged as a gust of wind came out of nowhere. The lingering draft up my dress made me think it came from beneath the porch. The guests gasped as lamps flickered and a witchy cackle echoed from the garden. James the Butler hurried to the edge of the porch and pointed at the garden. Mist poured from the entrance of the hedge maze and spread across the lawn.

"Our deceased hostesses are approaching! Be respectful and keep your distance," James warned.

Everyone watched as three ghostly women appeared from the maze and walked through the misty garden. They stopped at the edge of the grass where the driveway separated the garden from the houses. Their pale skin, hollow eyes, and old injuries made them look frightening in the moonlight. One ghost had black blood stains around her throat like she had been decapitated, one had stains on her wrists and arms, and the third had stains around her waist. Despite the black blood, their white and gray Victorian dresses were exquisite.

"Greetings, unfortunate guests," they announced in unison. "Welcome to our eternal home. We were murdered on these grounds and buried in the garden. The ghosts of our murderers haunt our mansions, preventing us from entering. Help us discover who they are and how they keep us out. Break the curses so we can return to our homes and rest."

Once they finished speaking, two of the ghosts turned and walked back into the mist of the garden, leaving one of their sisters before us.

"Dear, unfortunate guests," she announced. "I am Nelly O'Connor, the youngest O'Connor sister, and this is my home. Please enjoy the refreshments James has prepared while you read the first clues concerning my death. The murderer has left something wicked in my home, preventing me from returning. Find it and remove it so I may enjoy a blessed Halloween. Be warned, don't let the murderer's madness infect you before you complete your mission, or you will have blood on your hands and be unable to claim your free gift at the end. Good luck, and don't lose your heads."

After her last warning, she turned and disappeared into the misty garden to join her sisters.

"Thank you, Nelly. Rest in peace," James called before he turned his attention back to the visitors. "Remember what Nelly said as you begin your investigations. Refreshments and clues begin on the first floor. You have thirty minutes to succeed or fail before the tour proceeds to the next house. If you reach the third house without blood on your hands, a handsome reward awaits you. Again, welcome to the Haunted Mansion Mystery Crawl," he declared and threw open the front doors.

Everyone slowly entered the foyer and was directed to the left into a grand library. Candles and lamps illuminated our path in the towering corridors of the mansion. A decadent buffet of tapas lined one side of the library while a colorful selection of beers and wines waited on an adjacent table. The food and drinks were labeled to let everyone know what local businesses provided them. Once everyone had a snack and drink to enjoy, James began handing out notes with our first clues written on them and a small map of the house.

"Remember everyone," James announced as he pointed at the grandfather clock by the door, "be mindful of the time. At half past the hour, a second group of unfortunate visitors will be arriving to replace you, so don't leave any evidence or personal belongings behind. The names and faces of potential murderers are displayed on the portraits around you. Be careful not to miss any clues. You can split up or stay together for your investigations. The third floor is off-limits. Too many visitors have gone missing or turned up dead on that floor. Please avoid it."

The portraits in the library depicted the O'Connor mother, Tilly, the father, Tobias, the younger brother of the sisters, Dudley, and the family cook, Chef Morgan. Theo and I discovered our clues were different.

My note declared, "Feast your eyes on instruments of pain or warm your hands by an open flame. - What room am I?"

Theo's note declared, "Dirty feet and dirty hands find redemption from the sins of man. - What room am I?"

We agreed my clue likely meant the kitchen, while Theo's likely meant the powder room. We weren't sure about either one, but we decided to go to the kitchen and look at the knives since Nelly's throat had been slit. We discussed the riddles while enjoying mini bagels topped with smoked salmon, cream cheese, tomato, red onion, and dill. They were paired with a peach-flavored sparkling wine. Theo loved the nutty chocolate beer and had two small glasses before trying something else. When finished, we traded our drink glasses and plates for small candle lanterns. They put out just enough light to guide us down the back hall to the kitchen.

Theo and I were the first guests to enter the hall. Creepy portraits glared at us from each side. Suddenly, a ghostly maid interrupted our path as she entered the hall from a door on the right. We stopped as she glided up the hall and around the corner. A blood-curdling scream followed, making us both jump. The ghostly maid ran back down the hall toward us with a butcher's knife embedded in her bleeding forehead. She disappeared into a room on the left and slammed the door behind her. Theo and I burst out laughing before we continued down the hall.

We slowly entered the kitchen, looking for a knife-wielding ghost, and we found one. A ghostly chef bowed to us and pointed us toward the dessert tapas and wine before he returned to his chopping board. We chuckled as he selected a new knife from his block and began hacking at a slab of meat. We enjoyed mini fruit custard tarts, burnt caramel pudding, and strawberry wine before searching for more clues. The kitchen was crowded by that point. Olivia was the first to discover a collection of clue notes in the cookie jar beside the knife block.

"One per person," Chef warned as he pointed his knife at us.

My clue declared, "Little brother naps with one eye peeled after a mishap in the kitchen gave him a blood-curdling chill. - Where does little brother sleep?"

Theo's clue declared, "Sticky fingers and a broken toy, little Dudley is a naughty boy. - Where does little brother hide?"

We both agreed to find Dudley's bedroom next. The map directed us up the main stairway and to the right. We hurried up the stairs ahead of everyone and collided with a butler's ghost. He was wandering across the landing with a knife embedded in his back. He bowed to us before he continued down the hall. The second floor was creepier, darker, and lacked refreshments. We searched the rooms until we found one that belonged to a boy. Theo examined Dudley's writing desk as I searched the toy shelf.

"Wow, listen to this," Theo said as he leaned over the desk. "It's a note scribbled in Dudley's journal. 'I hate my sisters, and I hate my father. May the devil take them all. My mother is my favorite, but she only loves Chef. I shall learn to cook as well as him and poison all that annoy me, or maybe I shall chop their necks just like my sister's dollies.' Damn, creepy little shit. Did you find anything?"

As soon as he asked, I found a pile of headless dolls on a chair in the corner. Each one had a note sticking out of its neck. More guests were wandering into the room at that point, so I grabbed two notes and motioned Theo out. We stood in the hall to read our next clues.

Mine declared, "I've soiled my pretty hands, my dress, and my shoes. A little soap is the cure, but the stain on my soul will forever endure. - What have I done?"

Theo's declared, "Mommy told me to do it. She said the dolls were possessed. They screamed like sister, when I put them to rest. - Why did he do it?"

"Hmm," Theo hummed as he scratched his chin. "Dudley is starting to feel like a red herring. I'm beginning to think Tilly, the mom, did it," he whispered.

"Me too, and the first clue refers to washing something. Let's go back downstairs to the washroom."

We hurried back downstairs, almost giddy that we seemed to be ahead of everyone else. We were startled by the knifed maid again as she danced mindlessly in the main hallway, singing about sliced cheese and split scones. We were laughing as we slipped through the kitchen and down the back hall to the washroom. Giant tubs of steaming water were lined up against the back wall. We looked into them and laughed to discover they were full of bones and severed limbs. There was a little desk in the corner that held a notebook and a box of clues.

The opened notebook read, "I love the freedom of the washroom. My husband avoids it like the plague. Oh, my handsome lover, I do declare, you taught me to slice and dice with flair. Where is sweet, Nelly? I haven't seen her all day. I hope she didn't look in the kitchen as Chef taught me his ways..."

"Oh damn, now I think it's the chef!" I chuckled.

We each grabbed a clue and read them together.

My clue declared, "You won't tell your father if you can't speak. A head and neck have been detached and lie at my feet. - What have I done for love?"

Theo's clue declared, "I have no time to dig, supper is at five. In the cellar you'll stay, until the moon is high. - Where did I lose my knife?"

"The cellar!" we said in unison.

We quickly found it on the map. It was at the bottom of a hidden stairway in the back of the pantry. When we arrived in the stone cellar, it was chilly and full of hanging meat and human skeletons. There was a massive blood stain on the floor. We found a bloody butcher's knife in the back of the room, so we picked it up to investigate. The blood-stained blade was made of plastic.

"Did we just find the cursed murder weapon?" I asked.

"I think we did. Let's take it back to James in the library."

James clapped his hands when he saw what we had.

"Damn, you guys solved that fast! Congratulations!" he declared.

We celebrated with more beer and tapas as we waited for the rest of the guests to give up the search and return. When everyone was accounted for, Nelly's ghost appeared in the library.

"Thank you, my unfortunate guests," she declared. "The mystery is solved, and the curse is lifted. I can finally rest in my home. Would the winners like to explain what happened to me?"

I nudged Theo with my elbow, and he quickly stepped forward and announced, "Nelly saw Chef and her mother getting frisky in the kitchen and threatened to tell her father. To prevent that, Chef murdered Nelly in the cellar by severing her head from her neck with a butcher's knife."

The guests applauded our success and enjoyed more food and drinks before our time at Nelly's house expired. We made our exit at half past seven for a short walk to the next mansion. The wind picked up as we walked, but it wasn't a special effect this time. I looked to the west to see lightning in the distance. Rolling thunder alerted everyone to an approaching storm. We hurried onto the next porch as a light drizzle began to fall.

"Welcome, guests. My name is Julie," declared a sexy maid as she stepped out of the double doors with a tray full of sparkling wine samples. "Don't fear the rain. The ghosts surely don't. If needed, we have plenty of umbrellas and a secret passage to take you to your next destination. But, for now, enjoy the sparkling wine until your hostess appears."

Suddenly, lightning flashed, and thunder exploded overhead, making me jump. Theo noticed.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of storms," he whispered as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"The storm doesn't bother me. Explosions do."