He is NOT an Angel!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This made Nolan bust up laughing harder than he could remember doing in a long time. "I'm a Criminal Defense Attorney! That means that even if the cops smelled this distinctive odor and broke down the door to arrest you all, if would be my job to see to it that none of the charges stuck!"

"Oh! That's not so bad then," Jeff admitted, rescuing the mangled joint from under his butt.

Before Nolan could say anything else, his phone rang, and despite the fact that they were all lounging around naked, he had his phone right next to him because his job practically required him to have his phone on him at all times. He picked it up and saw that it was not a coworker or client calling, but rather: "Mom?"

"Hi honey," she greeted in an adoring purr. "It's been ages since we last got together for lunch! In fact, I can't even remember the last time you called me!"

"Oh... sorry..." Nolan apologized, actually feeling remorse. The thing was that he normally called her on Saturdays, but recently, his Saturdays were all filled with so much sex that he couldn't think straight. Much less remember to call his mother.

"Don't be sorry, just come have lunch with me!" She insisted.

"Uh..." he hesitated because he was still rather full from the massive breakfast they'd just eaten. Still, this was his mother. "Alright, um, just let me grab a shower and get ready. Where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere is fine by me, but that place you took me to a while ago - the one with the fancy napkins and the lobster with that sauce - MMM! I could go for that!"

He chuckled lightly. "Alright mom, I'll pick you up when I'm ready,"

"See you soon!" She cried out happily just before he hung up.

"Aw," Angel pouted, leaning over and giving Nolan a kiss on the cheek. "I was hoping you'd stay until tomorrow morning!"

"And risk death?!" Nolan blurted out incredulously. "Or at least a stay in the hospital?!"

Angel snickered unapologetically.

"He's got a point, man," Link stated. "I know how much you love sex and all, but your partners can only take so much."

"Hell!" Sam roared in agreement. "It's like that time you did the BOTH of us and WE were so exhausted by the end of it, that we swore to never let you touch us again!"

Link patted Nolan on the shoulder. "I'm sincerely amazed that you've lasted this long. Angel usually scares his potential lovers off in less than a month."

"Oh sure," Reeya added as she took another puff. "They all LOVE the first weekend or two, but then reality hits them and they decide they love living more."

Angel pouted adorably. "You don't have to make it sound like I'm some sort of disease..."

His friends all laughed and ruffled his messy golden hair. It was medium length - for a man - and was currently sticking out in thin spikes because they had sweated enough to make it clump up, but Nolan privately thought that he looked as gorgeous as ever. In fact, there didn't seem to be a way to curb Angel's sheer good looks.

Whereas Nolan was actually rather plain. He had no idea what Angel saw in him. His hair was a soft shade of brown, while his eyes were more of a dark chocolate, but still, he had nothing special. If he stood in a lineup, he probably wouldn't be easy to differentiate from the other men. Except, well, he was physically in better shape than most men. Not that it was all that noticeable when he was in a suit. He was dead certain that Angel had only ever noticed him because he wore fairly form fitting shorts and a muscle shirt when working out at the gym.

He stood up and returned Angel's kiss on the cheek. "It's been a while since I saw my mom, so now I feel a bit like a bad son. I'll call for an Uber and take a quick shower while I wait for it. If it gets here before I'm done, will you please make sure it waits for me?"

"Sure thing!" Angel promised, his bright green eyes a little glazed over from being high.

Nolan took a quick shower as he said, and when he stepped out of it, he heard the group once again playing music. This time, it seemed to be purely for fun, as they were actually playing the song rather than fine tuning it. Plus they were ALL singing it - rather than just the lead and backup singer. He couldn't help but smile as he got dressed, and sing along under his breath.

"And now you do what they told ya!... Fuck you I won't do what you tell me, fuck you I won't do what you tell me!"

Nolan emerged from the bathroom as this lyric repeated quite a few times, and then the group ended with a loudly shouted: "MOTHERFUCKER!!!"

Nolan shook his head even as a soft grin tugged at his lips. He could see out the window that his Uber was just driving up. This reassured him since he had assumed it had probably already come and gone while the band was shouting obscenities.

Angel hopped up and bounded over to give him another kiss on the cheek. "See you next Friday?"

Nolan silently shrugged, because he was fairly sure he was going to be busy. Still, he might get all his work done before then. "Later," he said as he left.

Angel watched him go with another sad pout. When Nolan was in the Uber, he turned to his friends with a dejected look. "I really like him, but I don't think he cares about me at all. I just - I dunno - I'm something to do when he'd otherwise just sit at home doing nothing."

Reeya purred in sympathy as she pulled him into a hug and rubbed his back. "That could be true, but who knows, maybe he'll eventually get so used to being with you, that those times when he's at home with nothing to do will start to feel weird. Then he'll seek you out."

Angel gave her a look that made it clear he didn't appreciate that. "So... I should just accept someone that doesn't really want me, simply because he's got nothing better to do?"

She chuckled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Sweetie, you know you're gorgeous enough to attract any man you want, but you have a hard time keeping them because you're far too rough on them. If you can't control yourself in the name of finding real love, then you might just have to accept someone who can put up with you - simply because he has nothing better."

"Hm."

***

The next Friday, Nolan and his team were still secluded in a conference room with their client when 8PM arrived. His phone rang and he answered it without even looking to see who had called. "Nolan Ryan speaking."

"Your last name is Ryan?"

"Angel?" Nolan asked in confusion, since he had no idea how Angel had gotten his number.

Angel snickered, able to read his mind. "I used your finger to unlock your phone when you were passed out one time, and only going into your contacts, I added myself so that I could send a message to my phone and get your number that way."

"That's... probably still not exactly legal..." Nolan murmured with a light glare at his phone. Then he looked up at his team, who were watching him with mild curiosity. "Listen guys, it's a bit later than we thought. I say we should take a five minute break. Maybe order in."

"Shit!" His assistant exclaimed when he checked his watch and discovered that the time they'd planned to stop for dinner - 7PM - had come and gone without them noticing. "Yeah, I'll call up that place down the street we normally call when we need food delivered. Anyone want anything in particular?"

"I'll take a Reuben with a salad," Nolan ordered just before he stepped out of the room.

"Is something wrong?" Angel asked in concern.

"Not wrong, per se. It's just that we have a pretty big trial starting on Monday and it's taking longer to prepare the client than we anticipated," Nolan replied.

"Oh? What's the trial for?" Angel wondered, as probably everyone would have wondered.

"Murder," Nolan replied softly just before he slipped into his office, shutting and locking the door. "What about you, did you need something?"

"No, I just didn't see you at the gym or the bar, so I was afraid something might have happened. Did the client actually murder someone?"

Nolan snorted derisively. "His innocence or guilt is not for ME to determine, but I'd say that he may as well have done it on live TV for as guilty as he seems."

"Then why are you defending him?" Angel asked, and even though they weren't face to face, Nolan could tell he was frowning.

"It's my job and he's paying us a lot of money to do so," he stated with a shrug. "Besides, even the guilty deserve quality legal representation."

"Yeah but, shouldn't bad guys go to jail?" Angel questioned.

"Murderers probably should - depending on why they committed the murder," Nolan admitted. "But I personally think that jail itself serves almost no one, and that most people would be far better served if they were sentenced to community service or something instead."

"So... you got into criminal defense in order to help people?" Angel asked.

"Uh..." Nolan couldn't quite respond, because the answer to that was complicated. "Well... I guess you could say that..." He didn't want to admit that his real reasoning - back in the beginning - had been to help his parents. Still, his parents were people, and he did get into criminal defense in order to help them, so he wasn't exactly lying. It's just that his motivation had long ago turned to, well...

Money.

He no longer cared if people were innocent or guilty, or if he was right to defend them. All he cared about now was simply if they could afford his help. He helped anyone if the price was right. The good news was that his income had helped his mother immensely, so his original goal had been met and exceeded. This was what kept him going most of the time.

"Listen," Nolan said rather than go into detail. "I'm actually rather busy, so if you don't need anything, I have to let you go."

"Wait, it's true that I don't need anything - and all I want is to plow you into my bed - but... will you be available tomorrow?" Angel asked, sounding almost sad.

"I don't know," Nolan replied with a sigh. "In theory, the client should use this weekend to rest and relax as much as possible before starting the trial, but in reality, they almost always want to spend every last second going over and over everything we have so that they feel as prepared as possible when the trial starts. I can't exactly leave when the client is here."

"Alright. Sorry to bother you," Angel murmured. "Hopefully I'll see you next weekend."

Nolan scoffed. "If the trial only lasts a week, then it probably means I've failed! That said, I haven't lost a case yet, so maybe luck will side with me and make things proceed so smoothly that I win the case in a matter of days!"

"Good luck," Angel wished, sounding like he actually hoped the murderer was convicted.

"Thanks," Nolan replied before hanging up and getting back to the conference room.

***

It took three weeks before Nolan and his team won their trial, which meant that they had spent the intervening weekends huddled in the conference room reviewing everything that had happened during the week, and coming up with contingencies for every possible thing that could happen in the upcoming week. This meant that on Thursday, shortly after 2PM when the verdict was announced, the entire firm went out to celebrate at an expensive restaurant for dinner. Then they went out drinking until Nolan passed out and his assistant had to drive him home - but that was practically par for the course after big trials.

Nolan slept until his stomach insisted that he make dinner. It was now around 8PM on Friday, and he was still somewhat sleepy enough to consider going back to bed after he ate - which he was making seafood alfredo with garlic bread and salad. As he was waiting for the pasta to boil, he contemplated which wine he wanted to drink.

His phone rang and he checked it, mentally vowing to ignore it if it was anyone from his office. "Angel?"

"Are you still busy with your trial?"

"Actually, we won it yesterday, so I'm still recovering," Nolan explained. "I'm currently making dinner and wondering if I have the energy to go to the gym or just take a bath and go back to bed when I'm done eating."

"Any chance you'd come over?" Angel asked in a soft tone filled with hope.

"Um..." Nolan hesitated. On the one hand, he could use one good orgasm to knock him back out, but on the other, there was no such thing as one quick orgasm with Angel. Plus, he wasn't certain he had the energy to drive anywhere - nor walk to the gym, which was only down the street. "Would you like to come over here?"

"Really???" Angel asked with excitement.

This made Nolan smile just a tiny bit. "Yeah," he confirmed before giving out his address. "I usually make more than enough for one person to eat - so I have leftovers for later. Thus, if you're hungry, you can eat dinner with me."

"I'll be there!" Angel practically shouted in his enthusiasm. "It'll probably only take me 15 minutes!"

Nolan chuckled when Angel promptly hung up before he could change his mind. To be honest, he actually was having second thoughts about letting that horny demon in his apartment. This made something occur to him; Angel had entered his contact information under his actual name, but Nolan just couldn't leave it alone. He quickly changed the name to Demon so that when Angel called, Nolan would have a visual reminder not to answer if he was at work.

When Angel arrived, Nolan let him in. "I just finished putting dinner on the table. I hope you're not allergic to seafood, but since you've made me fish, I don't think you are."

"No, I'm good... Wow, you live in a building full of penthouses," Angel remarked as he looked around the apartment.

Nolan shrugged. "This place had all the amenities I wanted - such as a pool and a gym, but then I got into the habit of going to the gym down the street - because there was a personal trainer I got along with. In any case, this place is comfortable and close to my work, so I have no reason to find a different place."

Angel gave him a sad smile. "When you said you made a lot of money defending criminals, I guess I pictured something more along the lines of being able to afford a small house or a slightly better quality apartment, a nice car, and the ability to pay all your bills while still saving for vacations and the like, but this place tells me that you probably don't have to worry about money at all."

Nolan shrugged again. "I once made a vow to myself that I'd do whatever it took to never have to worry about money again. But I am more or less convinced that you could afford to live here too. Oh sure, you seem to have put a lot of effort into making your place look cheap, but as you said, everything you used while fixing the place up was high quality, and I noticed that your furniture is pretty expensive. You clearly didn't need to worry about money when decorating your home. Also, you don't seem to have a job to pay your bills, so you must have enough money to get by."

Angel gave him a wry smile. "You caught me! I'm actually from an upper middle class family, so I grew up in a slightly better than average house. But then when my grandma died, I inherited a tiny bit of money - enough to buy and renovate my studio. And then, believe it or not, I've made enough off my art that I don't really have to worry about paying my bills."

Since they were sitting at the table now, Angel took a forkful of food and carefully tasted it. He hadn't seen Nolan cook before, so he was half afraid that it would be not fully cooked or badly seasoned or something. To his surprise, it was delicious! "So good!"

"Thanks," Nolan said with a faint smile.

Deciding that he needed something to distract him from the urge to pounce on Nolan and drag him straight to bed, Angel decided to ask: "So, uh, you said you won; was your client innocent after all?"

"I couldn't say for sure if he was guilty or not - and not just because of confidentiality reasons. I still think he probably did it, but none of the evidence was conclusive enough to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt. So, he was acquitted," Nolan explained before taking a long sip of his wine - which was an excellent vintage that had cost more than 200 dollars for the bottle.

"I can see defending a guy if you really think he didn't do it, but if you're so sure he really did murder somebody, then why not let someone else defend him?" Angel asked with a frown.

"The world is made up of bad guys!" Nolan exclaimed while rolling his eyes. "If every single person went to jail that deserved it, there wouldn't be anyone left walking free!"

"I would be!" Angel protested.

"Oh really, Mr. Blackmailer?" Nolan challenged with a raised brow.

Angel winced but couldn't exactly argue the point. "Well what about you, wouldn't you be walking free?"

Nolan snorted a laugh. "Did you forget that the reason you blackmailed me is that you caught me forcing a male prostitute to service me for free? I would definitely be in jail for that if the world was truly fair."

"Well, my parents definitely wouldn't be in jail. My mom's a surgeon who saves lives every day, and my dad's a stay at home father who raised us with love!" Angel insisted.

"Statistically, every surgeon accidentally kills one patient out of every 100 they save, and most house, er, spouses are cheating on their breadwinner," Nolan pointed out.

"Stop talking right now," Angel warned with a dark glare.

"All I'm saying is that there's no such thing as a good person," Nolan murmured, taking another sip of his wine.

Angel didn't care that they hadn't finished eating yet. He was so upset that he absolutely had to punish Nolan for what he'd said. So, he stood up, grabbed him, and dragged him to the bedroom - which wasn't hard to find considering that there weren't a lot of doors to choose from, and they were all open.

"Wait, stop, what are you doing?" Nolan protested, gesturing toward the table. "I haven't finished eating yet!"

"I don't care!" Angel snarled as he tossed Nolan on the bed. Helpfully, Nolan hadn't bothered to pull more than a robe on when he'd gotten out of bed earlier. Thus, he was more or less naked and wore nothing to stop Angel from pulling a bottle of lube out of his pocket and working his ass open.

"Fuck!" Nolan swore when - for the first time - Angel treated him like he was used to treating his previous lovers. He barely added enough lube to get the job done before pushing into him.

"Mmm," Angel moaned. "You always feel so good!"

Nolan didn't know what to say, because on the one hand, he wasn't feeling all that good at the moment, but on the other, this might actually let him pace himself like he normally begged for. On the third hand, it had been a couple of weeks since their last session, so, his ass was definitely going to be sore in the morning.

Honestly, he was surprised Angel hadn't attacked him the moment he came through the door!

It was probably four hours, four orgasms, and a bucket full of sweat before Nolan passed out. Not that he slept for long. Angel delighted in waking him up maybe two hours later for a slower and far more gentle session that lasted until dawn lightened the sky.

"Demon," Nolan accused as he drifted off again.

Angel laughed softly and kissed him on the cheek.

When Nolan woke up, he briefly wondered if Angel had gone home, but no, he'd simply migrated to the kitchen to make breakfast.

"This kitchen is fully loaded!" Angel exclaimed happily. "You've even got truffles!"

Nolan shrugged. "I like truffles. I grated a bit into our dinner last night - not that you noticed since you barely ate a bite before dragging me to bed."