All Comments on 'Heart Attack'

by bassbelly

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
We rush through life

I'm glad you made it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
EXCELLENT

A first rate account,hope things are easier now ,from your recent excellent submissions I would say they are .

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
I'm glad that you are with us.

Thank you for your story, I am sure it will help many people. Keep yourself and your family safe. I wish you many more years of life and love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
First Rate

I think this is first rate ,its only when we are near to dying that we know what living is all about.I had to have several TIA,S before I got the message,and stopped being a complete madman obsessed with material things that really didnt matter.Ihope you hasve fully recovered ,by the excellent standard of your submissions I would think you have.RegardsJIM.

AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
My Dad...

...died from a heart attack at age 45. I was luckier than he, I have survived twelve years since my first heart attack at age fifty-three. Good short story.

huntzingerhuntzingerabout 16 years ago
had one also

I had two before I learned. like the reader I also had Tia sure got my attention. I got truough Korea back in 52 and I thought nothing could hurt mr.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Thanks for sharing

thank you for sharing

penneydog55penneydog55about 6 years ago
Huh!

What was that all about? What no cheating wife or incest orgy with Mum , sis & Wifee

Just your plain ordinary garden type Heart Attack! ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

Oh on serious note A heart attacks is no laughing Matter!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I had my heart attack at 59, and my biggest issue was not being able to walk (lack of blood flow to them). I was laying in the ER room when the doctor told me I was having a heart attack. Mine was a "widow maker", in that I didn't show any of the usual signs of one. No pain in the left arm, no slurred speech, no chest pain or any of that. In fact I walked 30 feet, climbed down 6 steps and then got on the gurney to be loaded up in the ambulance. I spent the night with a nitro drip, then got a quick test before being transferred to the other hospital in town to get 2 stents put in my chest. I was released 4 days later and then had a stroke (on my wedding anniversary). A hell of a way to spend your 40th wedding anniversary (so much for a steak dinner with the wife). I'm still alive 3 years later and next month will be 3 years since the heart attack, and 43 years married.

My only take away is that you might not have regular symptoms, and it can sneak up on you if you don't get checked out. A friend of mine died a week and a half ago (at 55) from a heart attack. He was having trouble catching his breath, and was having chest pain. He spent half a week in the hospital before he died (high blood pressure). Just another example of a not normal heart attack. My stroke hit me in my driveway, as I was talking to a friend and it looked like I passed out, but was still a wake and alert, but couldn't communicate with anyone (nothing worked). Scared the shit out of him and his wife (he's 3 years younger than me). I spent 2 days in the hospital before they released me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous