Hearts Academy Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Dana! Warren!" Cosette smiled as she turned from her seat and smiled warmly. "Good to see you both!"

"Hey boys!" Amorette called loudly. "Come join us?"

"Yeah!"

"Yeah!" Charlotte and Marie chimed in.

"S-Sure." Dana called back with a small nod. "We'll be right there."

"So," Cosette smiled taking a bite of what he assumed to be chicken. "How are the two lovebirds?"

"Lovebirds?" Dana felt his cheeks burn at the name. The two of them reached the table ever so slowly before pulling two chairs from a nearby vacant table.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I thought you two were an item."

"W-We are!" Warren spoke quickly covering for Dana's shame. "W-w-we're just-"

"Not lovebirds." Dana finished for him with a nod.

"Oh please, I know love when I see it." She giggled. "Good of you two to leave your little nest to join the rest of us however."

"I didn't know the Princess of Hearts had such an interest in romance now." Amorette spoke raising her glass to her lips.

"Oh Amy," Cosette laughed. "You wouldn't know anything about love if someone whispered it in your ear."

"That is an odd insult." Amorette chuckled.

"H-Hey," Natalie chimed in. "how have you been Dana?"

"I've been alright." He shrugged. "Just working on my art. And you, Natalie?"

"I've been fantastic! Just another good week at school."

"That's great to hear." He smiled. He quickly glanced over to Warren. He could see his boyfriend's eyes begin to dull with the effects of his own fears. The light and warmth behind them dimming faster with each insult and jab from one of the girls.

"You two do look good together. "Charlotte purred. "Perhaps you'd be open to a sharing with a third-party?"

"Fuck off, Charlotte. "He spat quickly. There was no venom in his voice, no anger nor hatred, just pure and simple rejection. She frowned as she looked puzzled for a moment before the table laughed at her expense.

"Ha!" Cosette smirked. "I must say how happy I am to see you so refreshed and renewed, Dana. It's the first time our dear Charlotte hasn't gotten a rise from you."

"Amazing what having personal time can do." He answered quickly. "Besides, I live next to her and I think Charlotte has had quite enough of these past few weeks from Marie."

"H-Hey!" Charlotte gasped. "Rude!"

"Guilty." Marie laughed. "Sorry for being so loud."

"It's alright." He smiled. "Someone's got to do it."

"Oh, so true." She laughed even harder.

"So Dana," Cosette leaned forward with batting her eyelashes at him. "Would you like to join us for the night?"

"N-" As he spoke, Amorette cleared her throat loudly as her eyes focused on him at once.

"For a game." She corrected Cosette at once.

"Uh." He felt Warren's hand take of hold of his immediately.

"A purely platonic game." She stressed the platonic part. He could feel his hand being gripped even tighter.

"Dana." Warren whispered in his ear.

"It's okay." He nodded. "I'm here and I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." There was sincerity and calmness in his voice. There was no doubt in Dana's mind. If he was going to put the nightmare behind him, he would have to face it head on and what better way than in a stupid game?

"Okay." Warren sighed nodding back slowly. "We'll play."

"Yay!" The table cheered at their confirmation.

"But the second it slips into uncomfortable territory. I'm taking Warren and leaving."

"It's not that kind of game, Dana!" Charlotte scoffed. "Amorette's in charge of it."

"I am!" Amorette smiled. "Okay ladies and Warren and Dana. The game is called 'Coup'." The table snickered at her address towards the two of them, but he just rolled his eyes at it.

"I love Coup!" Charlotte grinned. "We haven't played it in forever."

"Quiet, let Amorette explain the rules." Marie elbowed her friend.

"It's very simple. It is every wo-" She paused. "Person for themselves. I have brought along a toy gun for

each player. They are loaded with simple foam darts and each player will receive a fully loaded gun with eight darts. At the sound of my bell, everyone will split up and find a hiding place and attempt to be the last person standing. If you run into another person, you may fire at them with your weapon. If you are hit, you are out and join the other player as their 'slave' and help them win the game. There is no limit to how many slaves you can make. However, if you run out of ammunition then you are automatically enslaved by the next player who finds you. Whoever is the last person standing will be crowned the Queen or King of Hearts Academy and gain all the perks of that title that I made up." Amorette paused for breath as she lifted the cover off a serving dish that contained several bright orange plastic pistols and several blue darts contained in holders along the side of the barrel.

"Ready?" She spoke once more as she reached for a bell on the center of the table.

"Okay, go!" The bell rang out and before he could even blink, the girls scrambled from their seats snatching up their weapons and bolting from the room. If his life had been a cartoon, the dust silloute of Warren would have still been seated next to him.

He shrugged as he picked up the last remaining gun before sprinting outside himself. The rules of the game still rattling around his skull. It didn't seem like the kind of game that Warren would have wanted to play let alone play by himself. But Dana did have to admit that it was definitely the sort of game that he would win. After all, it was a game about hiding away and being forgotten. If there was any game that Warren could have been born for. It was this.

In the darkness of the evening, the gardens looked eerily similar to his nightmare. He blinked back the cold touch of fear upon his mind as he focused on the one thing had not been present. The gazebo, a small meeting place for those who wished to rest surrounded by the verdant splendor of the courtyard, had been replaced in that demonic realm with an altar. The altar of which his horrors sat. The altar of which he had been so viciously violated. He felt his finger curl around the trigger of the toy gun before he got closer and closer to the ground as he watched a shadow emerge from top of the stairs back into the academy.

There was a silloute of a woman. Tall, graceful, and slender. She descended the steps into the light and he recognized the cold dark green eyes that glittered immediately. Miss Woods sat down up on the middle step with a heavy sigh. Within the silence of the courtyard over the sounds of the insects that frolicked in the greenery, he could hear the sound of a line trilling.

"Are you okay?" A man's voice answered from the other end. It looked as if years of stress had melted away from her face. His teacher had always had the youthful air about her but she looked plagued with the weight of a world of problems he couldn't even comprehend. Behind those emerald eyes of her, Dana could only see pain.

But not here. Not this time. Now, he only saw contentment and ease.

"I don't know." She sighed. "I really don't."

"You know you can speak to me." The man's voice was full of concern and warmth. The sounds of a someone undoubtedly close to her. A boyfriend or husband perhaps?

"Bryce, what would I tell you if I said I don't know what I'm doing."

"I'd call you a liar." He laughed. "There's no way you don't have a plan."

"Well having a plan and fulfilling it are two different obstacles." She rolled her eyes. "I seem to be having trouble with the latter."

"You were always the smart one. You'll figure it out."

"I just wish I could talk to you in person." She clenched her phone tightly in her hand.

"Don't."

"Bryce, please. We're both-"

"Not another word please." The man's voice was hushed and strained. Each word seemingly hurting him as he spoke. "We can't."

"I miss you. I miss the others."

"What was it you once said?"

"Never stop running." Miss Woods' sighed as she lowered her head. "But I wouldn't-"

"I know. But Amanda wouldn't give you a choice."

"Fuck her." She growled. "She's not a threat."

"That doesn't sound like you at all. The person I know would've said she always a threat."

"I'm not scared anymore. I haven't been since I found you before."

"It's not about fear."

"I'll kill her. I'm not scared." Dana nearly gasped at the declaration. It was spoken with absolute sincerity and purpose. He kept still in the shadows for fear of invoking his teacher's wrath. But it still remained on his mind. Just who was Miss Lillian Woods?

"Why are you calling now? We have specific times. Times you set." She didn't respond that. She just raised her head towards the sky and sighed again.

"I don't know how much longer I'll have here. I don't know how much longer I can keep everyone safe."

"But you just said-"

"I know!" For the first time she raised her voice. "I know."

"Would you come with us this time? With me?"

"I-I want to." She said solemnly. "But I can't."

"Listen, I know you aren't scared. But all these years have taught me that fear is a good thing. The longer you remain with them you're going to forget who you should be afraid of. Your position with the network may have helped us but it's putting you in constant danger of discovery. It's forcing you into a position that you might not be able to bullshit your way out of next time."

"I've got a plan!" She spat back. "It's a good one!"

"Yeah, I know. Just like I know that I can't change your mind."

"I'm starting to miss it when you didn't talk." She huffed.

"You mean that?"

"No." She sighed. "Never."

"I have to go now. Don't call me unless its an emergency. Have a good night, James."

"Good night, Brian." He heard her hang up and as she did so, she began to cry.

It took all of his energy not to stand up and comfort her. Not to stand and confront her on the insanity that was playing out around her. This had been the second time that he had discovered a secret about her. The first being her anger and now learning that she was just like the students? Why did she have a male name otherwise? He was unsure of so many things, but he knew one thing for certain: There was no trusting Miss Lillian Woods.

She was a woman of secrecy. Of violence and anger. But also, of kindness and warmth. She was complex, confusing, and for as long as she spoke in half-truths to him and threats to others, there would be no sense in believing that she was there in his best interests. So, fearing confrontation, he fled back in the direction he came and into the Academy away from her. His heart felt heavy and his head burned with confusion. He needed someone who could trust.

Warren. He needed to confer with him. Perhaps not about everything but about his suspicions. What did he think of her? Did he even talk to Miss Woods? Or was she only ever around for him? What exactly was her interest in him anyway?

He stalked through the academy halls until he came to his destination. With a gentle push, Dana stepped forward into the welcoming silence and darkness of the school's library. Or he would have if not Cosette, Charlotte, and Amorette immediately turning to face him plastic weapons drawn on each other with a smile.

"Hello Dana." Charlotte smiled her finger curled around the trigger of her pistol.

"H-Hey." He waved hesitantly. "A-Am I interrupting something?"

"Do you wish to?" Cosette's eyes drifted towards him. Inside those chocolate orbs he could see the twinkle of cleverness and plotting.

"I-I," He stammered before swallowing the lump in his throat. "No?"

"Unfortunately, I think you are." Amorette sighed as she took a step towards him. "Drop the gun, Dana."

"No thanks." He laughed nervously. "I'm just going to go."

"Dana." She repeated narrowing her eyes. "I want to win this. So, drop your gun and join me."

"Amorette," He raised his pistol. "Sorry."

Before he could fire, Amorette lunged at him breaking away from the stalemate. In the chaos, he heard several dull little thumps as the guns went off and he found himself barely dodging a barrage of the foam darts. He turned quickly on his heels, the cold night air on his face as he sprinted between the stacks. Was Warren alright? Had they already found him?

"Dana!" He heard Amorette shout as he continued to run. Her footsteps were not too far behind and another dart whizzed past his head.

"Dana!"

"Dana!" Charlotte and Cosette cried out in unison as he rounded a corner and ran back into them. He twirled as he dodged yet another barrage from behind and in front. Seeking the initiative, he turned yet another corner.

"Don't you want to join me?" Charlotte sung as she gave chase. He shot a look over his back as Amorette leapt over a table and fired yet another dart.

"This game is fucking insane!" He screamed back as his feet hit the ground harder picking up more and more speed. His finger fumbled with the dart shoving hard into the barrel and twirling to fire behind him. The three girls were surprisingly fast, agile, and even worse determined. He watched it sail past Amorette as she fired once more at him.

"Come on!" He groaned as he slid slightly as he rounded a corner. He was running in circles or at least it felt it.

"Getting tired, Dana?" Cosette sang as she lunged towards him.

"Why aren't you shooting each other!" He shouted back.

"You're an easier target. Sorry!" Charlotte fired yet another dart at him. He took a deep breath as he slid to a halt before launching backwards on his feet. Amorette's eyes widened in shock when he sped past her and the others. His chest grew tight and he felt his throat begin to burn with each breath. He was clearly out of shape or at least for this. Then a small thought occurred to him, he slid to a halt against the corner of a stack and held his breath while the three of them rounded the corner towards him.

"Where is he?" He heard Cosette pant as her footsteps ceased. Her voice was full of exhaustion and impatience. A rare trait for her.

"I'm impressed." Amorette sighed. "Dana's quicker than I thought."

"Light on his feet for sure." Charlotte's voice echoed back with a tinge of exhaustion as well. "I'm out of darts so you two fight it out for who wants me. I'm going to take a rest." He heard a loud thump and then a loud satisfied sigh.

"Fine. I'll give you a twenty second heads start, Princess." Amorette chuckled.

"Ugh! I can't wait to shoot you." Cosette growled as he heard her take off in another direction.

"Same here!" She continued to laugh. He waited for a moment until all voices ceased before he carefully crept alongside the edges and down another aisle. When no one followed, he continued towards his actual destination.

In the depths of the library, far from the girls' battle, he found the hidden room's entrance once again. His second home nearly beckoned him with each step closer towards the switch but as he extended a hand towards it, he felt someone grab hold of his wrist and he turned to see Warren standing beside him.

He didn't say a word. He just raised a finger to his lips and pulled Dana along and away from the sanctuary. Warren wasted no time in leading him from the library and outside. He wanted to speak to him, to ask him why he hadn't been in his hidden room. But Warren's eyes were focused and steady on something. Dana had never seen him like this. So full of purpose and initiative. The two of them nearly sprinted into the entrance of the Academy and then up a staircase behind a door he had never opened before.

It twirled upwards towards the highest points of the Academy. The spiral staircase that stretched before them was undoubtedly older than anything he had ever seen before. He panted alongside his partner until they reached a large door flanked by two sconces long abandoned. Warren did not hesitate. Instead, he released his wrist and pushed the door open. With a long-sustained groan, a miracle with displayed before Dana.

It took the form of an old large room. The sort of room befit for a king or royalty of some sort. It contained a large bookshelf filled to the brim with heavy and dusty tomes, a large writing desk of which sat a globe and several candles. In the darkness he could make out a fireplace and beside it two large chairs. The air inside smelled of age. The sort of dusty discomfort from secrets long since hidden now being exposed to the modern age for the first time. Yet, the room lacked the dressing of cobwebs he expected to follow nor the blankets of dust tucking them in.

"What is this?" He whispered. Warren stepped inside, his back towards the large arched window of which the silvery light of the moon danced in.

"A room." Warren answered.

"Are there no lights?" He glanced around the ceiling but could only find the ancient drippings of wax from candles long spent.

"Come inside." Warren purred as he struck a match and began to gently light the scattered candles on the desk and beside the window. He nearly strut back over to him with a smile on his face.

"Wh-"Dana's words were silenced by the sudden press of his lover's lips against his. His eyes widened as he felt hands on his face while Warren pulled him further into the room and kicking the door shut behind them. He felt the warmth between them, his soft fingers in his hair and on his face. He tried so hard to pull apart but Warren held him tight and the pleasure even tighter. His eyes fluttered and closed as he let the warm darkness envelop him until he felt himself tumbling backwards but the hard floor never met him in response. Instead, he felt the soft caress of several pillows beneath him. He felt Warren break apart with a small laugh before taking a few steps backwards. Dana drew breath as he felt his manhood struggle to escape from the bonds of his underwear with futile effort.

Warren's hand flew towards his own clothing stripping himself down in mere moments. His pale flesh glowed in the moonlight. The evening beams of light caressed him as gift from a celestial messenger on high. Warren's body was beautiful. Far more beautiful for simple and mere words. The feminine curves, the sheer perfection of his skin, all of it a feast for his eyes that he couldn't bear to simply observe. He was a fusion of the feminine and masculine. Soft perfection flanked by the little appendance that sat between his legs. But even that was perfect. Small, soft, and delicate.

Just like him. Just like him.

Warren lowered himself back to him kissing him gently once upon the neck as he pulled his pants free and marveled at what lay beneath. He felt his weight upon him as his rear sat directly upon his manhood with a smile. His delicate fingers became nearly a blur as he took hold Dana's shirt and pulled it effortlessly over his head and free.

"W-Wait." Dana panted as he felt his boyfriend's touch upon his bare chest. "I-I-I've never done this before."

"It's okay, Dana." Warren purred in his ear as he kissed him once more. "I have. So, let me do all the work."

It was as if an entirely different person had possessed the body of his lover. No longer shackled by his timid nature, his minty green eyes twinkled with lust and passion. He planted small little kisses upon Dana's lips and Dana's manhood only continued to grow harder. He moaned in pleasure as the kisses trailed downwards and he felt his lover's lips enclose upon his nipples as his tongue swirled around his ever-stiffening nipples. He took it in his mouth, rolling the warm spongy tongue over it with gentle bites.

He had never felt anything close to the way Warren was making him feel. He felt himself approaching the brink of orgasm. He felt the heat in his core build and build as sweat began to gather on his brow and his hot breath escaping in ragged pants into the dark room. His hands clenched down hard around the pillows as he tried his hardest to last. To not explode before he was nearly ready. He could feel Warren's own manhood hardening as he leaned against him.