Heavenly Cake

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes and no."

"Yes? You are in seminary?"

"No, but I am talking about the nature of reality."

"So you know you're not in school?"

"I... don't know," he shrugged.

Anna sighed as she watched Paris pop the dandelion in his mouth and chew it up. He quickly frowned and spat it out.

"Ugh, yuck. Cake is way better."

"Seriously? You claim to know the nature of reality, but you don't know that weeds taste bad? Since we're slipping towards insanity, I have to ask. Do you know God?"

"I do," he grinned.

"How?"

"I don't know. I can't remember."

Anna groaned and rubbed her eyes. She was starting to suspect she was being pranked again. Paris looked at her in concern for a moment. He didn't like seeing his friend upset. He quickly scooted closer to her and touched her shoulders. She looked at him in surprise. Paris's pretty face and smell were overwhelming when he was less than a foot away.

"Anna, don't be upset. I'm not lying to you, but I don't know everything right now, and that's okay," he smiled as he searched her pretty face.

Paris liked Anna's sandy blond hair and bright blue eyes. The freckles on her cheeks and nose were also delightful. Anna reminded Paris of something he was missing, a feeling he loved but had forgotten. He could finally feel it again, awakening in his flesh, arousal that was the spice of mortal existence. Anna felt it too, and it was entrancing. Her body felt warm and tingly as Paris touched her cheek with his warm hand. A strange excitement ached in her chest, fueling a need for something she knew Paris could give her. The intensity of his draw was unnatural, and it scared her. She quickly stood and walked away from the bench to clear her head. The feeling faded, but not entirely. Her heart was pounding as she turned and looked at Paris. His cheeks were pink with blush, so were his shapely lips. The evening sun was shining on his face, making his eyes and hair glow. He looked unearthly.

"What are you, Paris?" she asked.

He blinked in confusion as he considered her question.

"I guess I'm a man," he observed as he looked down at himself. "I look like a man right now. Yes, I am a man," he declared and smiled at Anna.

She gulped and nodded in agreement, but she wasn't sure she believed him.

"It's getting late. I don't know what to do with you. Men aren't allowed in the women's dorms, and I don't have any male friends that you can bunk with tonight."

"That's not very nice. Why aren't men allowed in the women's dorms?"

"Well, because it's inappropriate for men and women to be alone together in intimate places when they're not married. Everyone knows that."

"I didn't. Is it inappropriate for us to be together now?" he asked in confusion.

"No. We're not in a private place. Joggers can see us from here."

"I still don't get it."

Anna sighed and shook her head. She was out of options and running out of daylight. Paris could see the stress on her face, and he knew he was the cause.

"It's alright, Anna. I had a wonderful day with you. I can sleep in the park tonight."

Anna watched as he laid down on the bench, propped his hands behind his head, and stared at the sky. He was serious. She laughed and shook her head at him.

"Don't be ridiculous. I'm not leaving you outside all night. Come on. I'm sneaking you into the dorm."

Anna was terrified as she sneaked past the front office with Paris in tow. She had never broken any kind of rules before, and she was going against everything she considered decent by bringing a man she barely knew into her dorm room. If she were caught, she would be expelled, but she knew it was wrong to leave Paris on a park bench all night. He was still recovering from a head injury. She was serving the greater good by taking care of a stranger in need. Doing the right thing was tricky sometimes, but it was worth the risk. They miraculously made it to the room without anyone noticing. Paris looked around Anna's tiny single room in wonder. The first thing he did was kick off his shoes and collapse on her bed.

"Mmm," he hummed as he snuggled her pillow. "I love it. It smells like you."

Anna blushed as she watched him. She never thought she would have a man on her dorm bed, especially not one that looked like Paris.

"I'm glad you like it. Uh, since you're injured, you can sleep on the bed tonight. I'll sleep on the futon couch."

"Why not sleep in bed with me?" he asked in disappointment.

Anna looked at him in shock after that question.

"Paris, it would be wrong for me to sleep in bed with a man that I found in the park this morning. Married people sleep in the same bed together, not strangers. You claim to know God, but you don't know crap about his teachings."

"You assume too much, sweet Anna. I know more about the High Father than you do," he grinned.

She stared at him with her brow furrowed.

"Wow, I really hope I don't regret bringing you here. Stay in the room and stay quiet. Don't answer the door for anybody. You can use the shower if you want. I'm going to the dining hall to say hi to Becky and collect our supper. Be good, and I'll bring you some cake."

Anna's stomach was turning nervous flips as she ordered a large cheese pizza, a slice of carrot cake, and two sodas to go. Becky caught up with her in line and gave her a hug. Then she asked why she was ordering so much food.

"Oh, uh, I'm feeding the confused student I told you about."

"Wait... you're feeding him in your dorm room?" Becky asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Shhh, yes. He has nowhere else to go," she whispered.

Becky's mouth dropped open as she stared at her friend in disbelief.

"Anna, I know you're smart and a good person, but this doesn't sound like a good idea. What if he's crazy? What if he tries to hurt you?"

"Becky, there is something special about him. He cured my blood revulsion. I helped clean a bloody cut on his head without vomiting. At first, I started to get sick when I saw the blood, then he said he didn't want me to feel sick. A second later, I felt fine. Then he instantly healed a guy that was having a diabetic emergency in the dining hall. I felt Dalton's pulse. It was sputtering. He was unconscious and barely breathing. A few words from Paris, and he opened his eyes and was fine. I honestly think he might be an angel. He looks like one," she whispered.

"Oh my God, did you say Paris? Dalton burst into the chapel talking about him as I was leaving for my class. He said Paris kissed him on the mouth and healed his blood sugar problems. We thought he was out of his mind."

"That really happened. I saw everything. I named the guy Paris. I found him half-naked and injured in the park this morning. He lost his memories. He rambles about the nature of reality and claims he knows the 'High Father' better than I do. I thought he was a seminary student at first. I don't know what to think of him now, but I'm leaning towards an angel."

"Anna, that's insane."

"Is it? Don't you believe in angels?"

"I do, but why would one come to our university?"

"Who knows why angels do anything? Whatever Paris is, I'm going to let him stay in my room tonight."

"Do you want me to stay with you?"

"No, there's not enough room. I live in a closet, remember? Besides, I honestly don't think Paris would hurt me. He's sweet, funny, and kind when he's not asking stupid questions or eating cake."

"Well, keep your phone charged and call me if you need me. Will I see you at the chapel for Bible study in the morning?"

"Yes. I'll bring Paris with me if his memories aren't back by then. Should I take him to the police station tomorrow and file a 'found person' report? Is that a thing?"

"I think it is. I'll go with you if you want me to."

"That would be great. Thanks, Becky."

Anna arrived back at her dorm to find Paris on her laptop. Tears were streaming from his eyes as he watched a news report about the latest war overseas.

"Paris, are you okay?" she asked as she locked the door and set the food on the desk.

"There's so much suffering. How can we stop this?" he asked.

"We can't. We don't have that kind of power. Powerful men and governments cause a lot of suffering in the world. All I can do is help my neighbors when they need it, but it never feels like enough. Watching distant wars and seeing people suffer makes me feel helpless. Have you ever experienced that feeling before now?"

He shook his head and blinked more tears out of his eyes. Anna sighed and closed her laptop.

"Paris, we can't constantly focus on things we can't change. As an individual, I can pray about it, send money, join the military, or become an aid worker, but I can't stop wars. Only powerful governments can do that. Come on. Sit with me on the sofa and eat some pizza and cake. It will make you feel better."

Paris's waterworks stopped as he ate his first slice of pizza. He groaned in delight as he devoured a second one. He shared his carrot cake with Anna, and she agreed it was heavenly.

"Thank you, Anna. I do feel better now."

"I'm glad. I need to ask you something. How did you heal Dalton?"

"I healed him?"

"He said you did, and I remember you saying, 'Dalton, I want you to be healthy and live!' Then he woke up. You also healed me of my blood revulsion. You said, 'I want you to feel better.' Then I felt better."

"Really? You think I have healing powers?" he grinned.

"I don't know. Maybe you do. You also make me feel weird when you're close to me. It's like I'm being hypnotized or seduced."

Paris's eyes widened as he watched blush spreading over Anna's cheeks.

"Wow, I want to test my powers," he said excitedly.

"Which ones?"

"All of them! Let's start with the healing power. How can I test that? Are you injured somewhere?"

"Uh, no, but I can nick myself on something."

Anna hopped up and pulled a thumbtack out of her poster board. She sat close to Paris and held the metal point against the top of her hand, then she hesitated.

"Uh, if my blood aversion comes back, I might pass out. Be ready to catch me," she gulped.

"I will," he nodded.

She took a deep breath, closed her eyes, then yanked the thumbtack across the top of her hand, making a long, bloody scratch.

"Crap, that hurt! Forgive my language," she groaned as she cradled her hand.

"Any nausea?" Paris asked.

"No. My stomach feels fine."

She took a deep breath and examined the cut in amazement. By that point, she would normally break out in a cold sweat and start feeling faint.

"Okay, my turn,"

Paris held Anna's injured hand in his, then he announced, "I want you to be healed." They watched the cut for a moment, but nothing seemed to be happening.

"Darn, I guess you were wrong, Anna. I'm sorry," he sighed in disappointment.

"Hmm, not so fast. I think you have to genuinely want me not to be hurt for it to work. Right now, you want to be a healer more than you want me to be healed. I don't think your heart is in the right place. We learned in Bible study to get our motives right before we prayed or it was pointless. Does that make sense?"

"It does. Let me get my heart in the right place," he whispered.

Anna watched as Paris pulled her injured hand against his chest and closed his eyes. She admired his warm complexion and caramel locks as he took a deep breath and began whispering.

"I genuinely want my sweet Anna to be healed. I loved her the moment I saw her. She selflessly took care of me in my time of need. She clothed me and fed me, and brought me home to rest. I do not approve of the damage on her skin. I want it to be healed."

Anna's heart began pounding as she listened to Paris's confession of love. It startled her at first, but she quickly assumed he was speaking about their friendship, not romantic love. That realization calmed her anxiety, but what happened next rattled her to the core. Paris opened his eyes and looked at her hand. The blood was still there, but it looked different. He rubbed his finger through it, and the skin underneath was clean and smooth. Anna gasped and looked at Paris in shock. He had actually healed her.

"Oh my God, Paris, are you an angel?"

He looked at her in surprise for a moment.

"I don't think so. What makes you think that?"

"You just healed my hand! That's a miracle. You healed Dalton in the dining hall. You speak about reality and God in ways I've never heard before. Maybe God sent you to earth to heal people," she said in growing excitement.

"That can't be it. The High Father doesn't work that way. There's no point in sending an angel to earth right now. His creation is already set in motion and ticking away like clockwork. The old prophecies have been fulfilled, and the end days are..."

Paris's eyes grew wide as he thought about what he was saying.

"The end days are what?" Anna gulped.

"The end days are when angels are supposed to return to earth."

"Oh God... are you a sign of the end days?"

"I hope not. I could also be one of the horsemen of the apocalypse. Maybe I fell off my horse in the park," he gulped.

Anna stared at him in horror for a moment. Then she sighed and shook her head. His angelic face and sweet disposition didn't announce prophetic doom.

"No, Paris. I don't think you're a sign of the end days. You are something special, and I'm leaning towards an angel. Are God's plans set in stone to the point where spontaneous miracles don't happen anymore?"

Paris smiled and shrugged.

"Maybe not. I'm certain about a lot of things, but some of it's blurry. It's like my mind can't handle it right now, so part of my knowledge is locked away. But, I really don't think I'm an angel."

"Hmm, how about a prophet?"

"No, that can't be it. What was my other power? Maybe that will help me understand what I am."

"Oh um, you make me feel irrationally drawn to you when you're close."

"I'm close now. Do you feel drawn to me?"

"Yes, but it felt stronger in the park."

"Oh, I think I know why. May I get closer to you again? I want to test something."

"Okay," she nodded.

Anna's heart beat a little faster as Paris scooted as close as he could comfortably get. He gazed into her eyes for a moment, appreciating her soft blue irises. He gently placed his warm hand against her cheek and let his thumb caress her bottom lip. His touch made her insides ache with a familiar longing.

"There it is," she whispered.

She closed her eyes and focused on his touch as the heady scent of his skin filled her nostrils. The hungry ache moved down her body and concentrated between her legs. She knew what she was feeling at that point. Paris resonated with pure, magnetic arousal. She had never felt anything so deliciously tempting. It warred with her austere principles of purity, demanding she surrender to bodily passion. Anna gasped and leaned away from Paris, shocked by what she was feeling. Her desire to give in scared her the most. Paris's face and neck were pink with blush as he searched her startled eyes. He felt everything she felt.

"Anna, that was wonderful. Why did you pull away?" he asked in confusion.

"It scared me."

"What did?"

"How good it felt."

"Seriously? You're afraid of feeling good?" he asked in disbelief.

"It's sinful."

"WHAT? What heartless bastard taught you that pleasure is evil?"

"No, pleasure with a man outside of marriage is sinful," she clarified.

"That's stupid. It's not even logical. Intimacy and pleasure are good things. They're not exclusive privileges that only married people can enjoy. Why would the High Father create passionate beings then condemn them for feeling something he created them to feel? That implies the High Father is an idiot. Someone seriously misinterpreted and corrupted good teachings to scare you."

Anna stared at Paris in disbelief for a moment.

"So you're saying lust isn't bad?"

"Unchecked lust can be bad. Just like unchecked eating will make you sick. It doesn't mean your hunger or your lust is evil. Those feelings are how your body tells you what it wants. Food may seem more important than pleasure, but what is the point of living a life without pleasure? Isn't that misery? I don't want to live like that."

"Well, I was taught our lives should glorify God, and that means suffering for him."

"Anna, you're a walking, talking conglomeration of cells and orderly organic mechanisms that scream, 'I was beautifully designed!' Your existence alone glorifies the High Father. He doesn't need you to do anything else to make that apparent. That's like saying the sun needs a cheerleader to make it burn hotter. You're just supposed to recognize that complex systems don't appear by accident. Atoms obey their programming just like computer software does, but better. All of creation depends on the obedience of subatomic particles. Creation is meticulously designed. Ask any scientist about my claims. They'll agree that complex order doesn't happen by accident."

Anna stared at Paris with her mouth open for a moment, trying to think of a counterargument.

"I've never thought about creation that way before."

"If you weren't so busy demonizing pleasure, you might realize there is more to life than hating your body's natural functions."

"It's not my fault. I was raised to think that way."

"I'm sorry, Anna. I wasn't blaming you. It's frustrating how brainwashed you are."

"I'm brainwashed? That's a bold statement from a man that can't remember his real name. How do you even know all this?"

Paris opened his mouth to speak, but he couldn't answer her question. He sighed and shook his head.

"WHY can't I remember my past? I hate this feeling."

"You're frustrated. It makes you feel helpless, doesn't it?"

He nodded and picked up her hand. She watched as he pressed her palm against his cheek and closed his eyes. Feeling the warmth of his skin against her hand was comforting and strange at the same time.

"I love touching you, Anna. It makes everything feel alright," he whispered.

"It kinda does," she nodded.

"Anna, would you be against me hugging you or you hugging me?"

"I'll happily hug you, Paris."

She scooted closer and pulled him into her arms. He let out a happy sigh and rested his head on her shoulder. Anna felt his arousing draw again, but it wasn't overwhelming like it was earlier. A comforting warmth was mingled with it, making her feel sleepy. Less than a minute later, she felt Paris relax and slump against her. He had fallen asleep. She chuckled and squeezed him tighter. Whatever Paris was, he was sneaking his way into Anna's heart.

"I guess you're sleeping on the futon after all," she whispered.

She carefully lowered him down on the cushion, being careful not to drop him. Then she retrieved her extra blanket and draped it over him. She pulled his shoes off and tucked his feet onto the futon couch, hoping she was making him comfortable. Then she sat on her bed and worked on her English paper until she started yawning. She climbed under her blanket and fell asleep surprisingly fast, considering there was a strange man in the room with her.

She drifted in and out of wonderful dreams all night. She saw a heavenly garden where the flowers sparkled like gemstones around a white fountain. She saw Paris by the fountain, speaking to a terrifyingly beautiful woman. Her skin was dark as night, and her garments moved like molten metal. Suddenly, the first garden faded, and Anna found herself standing naked on a stone balcony overlooking a magnificent gorge. A thunderous waterfall roared out of a cave thirty feet below the balustrade, creating a plume of sparkling mist over the lake below. The midday sun revealed a myriad of colorful granite along the canyon walls. The view was foreign and breathtaking.

"Irena, shall we continue your lessons?" spoke a familiar voice.

Anna turned and met a friendly pair of unearthly green eyes. It was Paris, and he was naked. He smiled as he took her hand and led her into an ageless bedroom fit for an Arabian prince. He coaxed her onto a large round bed, covered in red and gold satin. It was blissfully soft and smelled of spring roses. Anna gasped softly when Paris climbed over her and kissed her passionately, working his delicious tongue against hers. He reached down and pulled her leg aside so his hips could rest between her thighs. Her body was alive with desire as she enjoyed the weight of Paris's naked frame pressed against hers. Suddenly, trumpets sounded, startling Anna awake. It was her cell phone alarm, blaring its morning chorus. She groaned and shut it off. She sat up in bed and rubbed her face.