Hector Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I screamed, "FUCK! I knew I should have gone with her!"

After a moment I asked, "Where is Josephine now?" Unbearable pain and despair took over my voice.

Aphrodite, "She's in our temple. I'll take you to her."

They all took me to her. She was wrapped in a golden blanket with a purple boarder. Her body was laying in state, on a marble table. She looked like she was sleeping. I walked around the table, taking her all in, finally stopping at her head. Even in death, she was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. There was no sign of physical torture that I could see.

By this time tears were freely flowing down my face. I leaned down and kissed her on the lips. Her lips weren't soft and warm anymore. They were cold and unmoving.

I just looked at her. My emotions were all over the place. I had never been this sad. The pain was unbearable, like a knife was constantly being thrusted into my chest. But then the pain and sadness began to turn into anger.

The anger turned into rage.

"Do we know where this son of a bitch is...at this moment?" I could barely contain myself.

Zeus hesitated and looked down, "He's still on Earth."

Zeus knew I would come for Samael.

They all knew.

They also knew they couldn't stop me.

Well... that's not completely accurate. Aphrodite told me before I took over this body, she built in a "kill switch" in the event I got out of control. One could argue, this would have been a good time to use it.

But she didn't.

So, come for him I did. He hid in the open, on my birth planet, just waiting to end me. He had no fucking idea what I was capable of. I had never felt rage like that before. I had no idea what I was capable of.

We both found out.

He was staying in the same resort where the Bilderberg Group was holding their annual conference, hiding in plain sight. This was a gathering of the most powerful and influential people on the planet. They were also the most corrupt. It was the perfect breeding ground for him to weave his deception and manipulate the attendees to do his bidding.

Bottom line...it was a big fat fucking game to Samael.

In his arrogance he hadn't taken any defensive measures. He didn't consider me a threat. Hell, why should he? He was an ancient celestial. A non-celestial had never defeated him in over a billion years. He had vanquished more souls, mortal and immortal, losing count thousands of centuries ago.

I found him in the resorts' penthouse. When I materialized, he wasn't at all surprised to see me. He was sitting, relaxed, on the sofa.

"Aww Hector, or is it Bob? I was beginning to wonder if you would show."

Samael was dressed in a Giorgio Armani suit. He stood about my six feet four inches, short dark brown hair, brown eyes and clean shaven. He appeared to look in his forties. His appearance was completely designed to blend in with the elite Bilderberg.

I wasn't in the mood for idle chitchat.

"Fuck you asshole!" was my greeting. I picked up the sofa, with him still sitting on it and tossed it through the exterior wall. Although it fell seven stories and ended up at the bottom of Lake Lucerne, I knew this fight had just begun.

He rose from the lake, but now looked very different. He was still the same height, but his hair was pure white and hung past his shoulders. His eyes were black as night. He was also completely naked, sporting not one, but two sets of wings. His body was wrapped in a fiery red glow. His hands resembled claws with deadly nails. Samael was extremely muscular, capping it off with a huge cock dangling between his legs.

And he was pissed.

He flew through the opening I'd made in the wall. His hands seemed to absorb some the fiery red energy surrounding him. He thrusted his hands and arms toward me, releasing a stream of molten fire. The fire was as hot as the sun. It struck me in the center of my chest and was deflected in every direction. The fire and debris made him lose sight of me.

When the air cleared, the seventh floor was gone. The upper part of the building was on fire. Any one else on the floor was surely dead. I was now totally naked as well. The energy stream burned my clothes to ashes. I stood looking at Samael. My eyes glowed bright white. Just before I released a bolt of lighting, I growled, "You took her away from me. Now you die!"

I unleashed the fury in my eyes and struck Samael right in the midsection, but didn't penetrate the red protective glow. I surmised it was a sort of force field, protecting his body. However, the force of the lightning propelled him to the far side of the lake. But he recovered quickly. He flew straight up into the sky and then in a nose dive hit me with everything he had. The force of the impact drove us through all seven floors crashing into the conference room where the Bilderberg Group was holding its meeting.

When we crashed into the bottom floor, twenty people were immediately killed. Debris was falling all around. The structure of the building had been terminally compromised. Mass chaos ensued, people were screaming and stampeding to get out.

Ten more were trampled and killed.

He had me on my back and was bashing me with his fists, tearing at me with his claws and blasting away with his fire, keeping me pinned down. Samael threw everything at me but the kitchen sink.

At no time was he hurting me... he was annoying me.

I tried to hit back, but couldn't penetrate the protective covering. I started building up energy within me. Before he could sense the heat, I released a blast through my entire body and blew him a mile away. I stood up and pursued Samael. I found him unconscious, laying in a field. The red glow no longer enveloped his body. I took this opportunity to grab ahold of his soul. Samael's soul was far more stout than Anu's and stayed firmly within its host. Since I couldn't rip it from his body, I went the route Lilith had gone with me.

I started to squeeze the life out of his soul.

He woke up and the look of shock, pain and horror was all over his face. He was slowly dying and he knew it. I could feel him becoming weaker with every second. For a moment, I thought about the poetic justice. I was killing Samael in exactly the same manner his lover attempted to kill me.

I squeezed harder.

All of a sudden it felt like a net had been thrown over me. I couldn't move, but I couldn't see anything holding me either. I involuntarily released the grip I had on Samael's soul; he laid there, unable to move. I tried to reach out and grab his soul again, but I couldn't budge. Whatever it was had a physical and mental hold over me.

Then two beings appeared in front of me. They were both humanoid males. Each had a majestic set of pure white wings. Both were also naked and glowed like Samael. Their protective coating; however, was different than Samael's fiery red force field. One had a purple glow and the other was wrapped in a blue protective coating.

The one protected with the purple field went to Samael, picked him up, wrapped him in his wings and vanished.

The other approached me. His face was firm but full of compassion.

"Hector, I'm Michael. I'm sorry Gabriel and I weren't here soon enough to save Josephine. Samael had no right to take her life."

My eyes glowed bright white. I tried to unleash the lightning, but whatever hold Michael had on me contained it.

Michael continued, "Gabriel has taken Samael back to our realm. We will see he is dealt with. You need to return to the Olympus and mourn."

I looked Michael dead in the eyes, "You had no right to interfere. I will hunt him down and rip his soul from his body. If you get in my way, I'll end you, Gabriel and anyone else as well."

"I'm sorry Hector, but you won't. We will deal with Samael. You need to deal with your grief and what that grief has caused here." Michael wasn't angry, just matter of factly.

Then Michael was gone and the hold on me was released. I dropped to my knees and screamed so loud that it was heard for a hundred miles.

I finally stood up and looked around. When I turned around, I saw the smoke and fire. I quickly returned to what use to be the resort.

It was gone...totally destroyed.

I had destroyed it.

I hovered above the carnage. There were a few survivors. They looked up with fear in their eyes.

They were afraid of...me.

I moved to help.

They all cowered.

Then I saw Perseus. He summoned me. I flew and landed near him. I could hear the first responder sirens in the distance.

"We need to leave this place." Perseus said.

"I need to help these people." I responded.

"They saw what you did. You are the last person they want to help."

I collapsed and again went to my knees, covering my face with my hands. I was the most powerful being in the universe. I saved Earth from two giant asteroids and the Annunnaki. Now, in a fit of rage and profound loss, I had caused mass death and destruction to my own kind.

Perseus put his hands on my shoulders. We vanished and materialized at the Kentucky cabin.

I heard Perseus say to Heracles, "We need to get him back to the Olympus, as soon as possible."

Heracles responded, "I'll have Bron make the arrangements."

I was in a daze.

Josephine was gone.

The pain was excruciating.

I was also ashamed, riddled with guilt.

I'd just killed hundreds of people.

But I still felt the rage and the anger.

Michael and Gabriel had robbed me of my justice.

The next thing I knew I was standing in Zeus' villa looking at the waterfall.

He put his large hand on my shoulder. "Welcome back."

"I killed them Zeus. I didn't mean too. All I could think about was Josephine and destroying Samael." I said still staring at the waterfall.

"Now you know how we felt, when we finally left Earth." Zeus said in a solemn voice.

"In that moment, I didn't care about the planet or its inhabitants. I was so consumed with anger...with rage, I was solely focused on killing Samael. The only thing I craved was revenge for my Josephine." I was still watching the water crash into the lake below not listening to a word Zeus was saying.

Suddenly I said, "I need to go. I need to find Aphrodite."

And with that, I vanished.

I found Aphrodite in the library. I didn't begin with any salutation... no hello, nice to see you or fuck you for making this body. I just got straight to it, "Do you remember telling me you built a kill switch into this body?"

She had a concerned look, "Yes...why?"

"I think now would be a good time to activate it."

She was now very worried, "Don't you think that's a little premature?"

I thought for a minute, "Actually, no I don't. I just killed over 300 of the people you created me to protect. I still feel the rage over Josephine's death..."

I paused, "I'm not in control and that's a very bad thing for someone with my power. I agreed to become Hector, to protect Earth from Anu. Josephine provided me with purpose afterwards. Now she's dead. I have no purpose. I only feel anger and rage."

She didn't say anything for a few minutes. "I'll have to discuss this with Zeus."

"Do what you have to do, just get prepared to execute my wishes." My mind was made up.

Aphrodite vanished. I stood there...alone... exhausted. I was lost in thought when Penthesilea and Heracles approached me.

Heracles spoke first, "When I found out what really happened to my family, I wanted to bring down all of Olympus, not just Hera. She made me believe I killed my wife and children. Then she stood by and watched while I completed twelve impossible labors to ease my guilt. For the longest time Zeus did nothing to stop her. I was angry with the gods...all of them. It was Poseidon who finally got through to me."

I could see it in his eyes, the giant man was reliving a very painful past. A past that occurred thousands of years ago, but he remembered it like it was yesterday.

"You never get over it. Sometimes you just live with it and move forward." He concluded.

I know he was trying to talk me out of going through with this.

I put my hand on his arm, solemnly I replied, "Thanks Heracles, I appreciate what your trying to do. I can't begin to imagine the pain you felt and still feel. But my time was up over fifty years ago. If Hades had let me go to the light then, I might be reborn and have a family somewhere. I get why he brought me back. But I have fulfilled my destiny. It's my time now. Time to start over."

Penthesilea was next to approach me. The strongest woman I had ever known walked up to me and gave me a huge hug.

When she finally released me she said, "We're your family now. I lost you once, I'm not sure I can handle losing you again."

I hugged her again, "Of course you can. Someone has to look out for Heracles and Perseus."

About then Aphrodite returned with Zeus.

Zeus wasn't happy, "I just learned Aphrodite did build in one of those kill switches, you asked me about."

I replied, "Yep, I knew before I agreed to become Hector."

Zeus, "And you want her to activate it now."

"Yes" was all I said.

He looked me dead in the eye, "I could forbid it."

I looked back at him, "But you won't."

His face became very sad, "No, I won't."

All I could say was "Thank you."

I looked at Aphrodite, damn she was beautiful. Almost as beautiful as Josephine. "Let's get this done."

Zeus grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug, "Thank you for everything."

One more round of hugs from Penthesilea and Heracles.

I looked at Aphrodite, "Let's go...NOW!"

All of us accompanied her to her lab. She had me undress and lay on a table. When Aphrodite built my body, she installed a small explosive device at the base of my brain. She knew she couldn't penetrate my skin with anything, so she made sure the kill switch was on the inside.

I laid down and looked at Aphrodite, "Thank you for everything. And thank you for doing this."

She gently placed her hand on my chest. With tears running down her face, "Goodbye Hector. I love you."

I looked down on the scene below me with detached interest...

Chapter Two - Recovery

I sat up and rubbed the back of my head.

Aphrodite was really off kilter. She handed me a robe to wear and said, "I don't know how this is possible?"

Hades appeared, "I believe I may have a theory."

I looked up at Hades, "Well do we have to play twenty questions, or are you going to enlighten us?"

He looked irritated, "Unlike oh gifted one here, I cannot see the golden life force that protects immortals. However, it's possible when Hector took Enkil, Enlil, Ninhurshag and Ningishzidda's collective life force, they absorbed into his body and bonded with his soul."

Aphrodite expounded, "So when I activated the explosive devise in his brain stem, the golden life force repaired the damage and brought him back to life. But that would mean he has the combined life force of four immortals."

Hades replied, "Well that's the theory."

I added, "It makes sense. The explosion caused temporary amnesia and memory loss. As the life force repaired my brain, the more I remembered."

I paused and the proverbial light bulb came on.

"That would also explain something I saw. When I died, something was preventing my soul from ascending to the light. I looked down on my body and it was emanating a golden light from everywhere. That's different than when Athena struck Inanna with her spear through the heart. I could see Inanna's golden life force as a stream, tethered to her soul, but her body wasn't consumed by the life force. Because I have the life force of four immortals, it must amplify my recuperative abilities."

Then it struck me, "Fuck me, now I'm really an immortal."

Heracles walked up to me and embraced me in a huge bear hug. "Personally, I don't care why. I'm just glad you're still with us." He eventually let go.

Penthesilea approached and hugged me tightly. I could feel the tears running down her face onto my chest. After what seemed a lifetime, she let go.

"I feel like I have a world class migraine. But, on a side note, I don't feel the rage anymore."

I looked at Hades, "Please forgive me for being an ass."

Hades smiled, "All is forgiven. I'm starting to get use to you being an ass."

Aphrodite walked up to me and touched my arm, "You need to rest and recuperate. Please allow me to take care of you."

How can you say "no" to the goddess of love.

She transported us to her villa. All of a sudden, I was completely exhausted. It was more mental exhaustion than physical. Aphrodite took off my robe, guided me to her bed, laid me down and covered me up. I wasn't aware, at the time, but her bed and covers had some special recuperative properties. I was asleep before I hit the pillow.

I don't know how long I slept, but when I woke up, I was completely refreshed. I looked around and found Aphrodite on the other side of the room. She was laying in a chase lounge, peacefully asleep. I sat up in bed and just watched her sleep. The damage to my brian appeared to be completely repaired. My mind began to wonder and I thought about my relationship with all the Olympians.

Zeus and I had grown very close. But, I still looked up to him as a mentor. He was nothing like the ancient Greek poets portrayed him. Sure he was big and ominous with that deep booming voice, white beard and the threat of lightning shooting out of his eyes. However, underneath the surface he was compassionate, caring and kind. Zeus was just a big fucking "teddy bear." But don't say that to his face. He's got a "rep to protect" after all.

Apollo, Artemis and Demeter were like a brother and sisters to me. They made me feel like family. I guess I was their little brother, and not just because they were eight feet tall and I was a mere six-four. I sought their counsel on a regular basis. I was constantly amazed that they have absolutely no sense of entitlement. They treated me and everyone like an equal.

I guess that would make Aristaeus more like a nephew. Nah...he was more of a "little brother." That's interesting in that Aristaeus is thousands of years older than me and he's also eight feet tall.

Poseidon was like my old Marine Corp. Colonel. Rough exterior, always pushing me to be better, challenging my decisions, but completely supportive. Oh and he wouldn't hesitate to tell me when I fucked up. But in the end I knew he had my back.

Athena, on the other hand, was more of the matriarch of the group. She never tried to mother me, but she had a level of wisdom that just oozed from her pores. However, as she demonstrated with Inanna, don't fuck with her. She can fight with the best of them.

Hephaestus was like Heracles and Perseus; guys I just wanted to hang out with and drink beer. They were my best friends.

Penthesilea was part of the "best friends group", but she was also very special to me. I guess it was because we had history.

Hades had an extremely close relationship with Josephine and was very special to her. He evolved to the roll as my teacher. He taught me about the Observatory. The experiences we shared also created a special bond between us.

Josephine...Josephine was the love of my immortal life. I was going to have to find a way to move forward. They say time heals all things. I'll just have to take it a day at a time. Right now my feelings were all over the place. Part of me didn't believe she was really gone. Part of me knew she was and felt the sharp pain in my heart. A big part of me still wanted to get my hands on Samael's soul and squeeze the every loving life out of it. However, I didn't know if I would ever see him again, but who knows, I've got all the time in the...universe.

Then there was Aphrodite. I had a hard time classifying my relationship with her. There was no doubt I was attracted to her. But who wouldn't be? She was the freaking goddess of love, after all. She seemed to be attracted to me as well. She just held back her emotions. Was it because of Josephine? Hell, since she created my body maybe she felt a need to maintain her professionalism out of a sense of responsibility.