Helping Her, Saving Me Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now that was forgotten, it seemed. Off came the sweatshirt, establishing that she was not wearing a bra. She seemed to spend a disproportionate amount of time choosing a new one, finally settling on a white one that, from the corner of my eye, seemed no different from the previous three she had considered. Off came the loose trousers, to be replaced by a simple black skirt that finished some distance above the knee.

She brushed her hair quickly then examined herself critically in the mirror. "God, what a sight! But I'll have to do. Sorry."

"You look lovely," I said again.

"You're sweet," she said and impulsively kissed me on the cheek. I hugged her, feeling a sudden rush of affection for her. Whatever happened, I told myself, her happiness should come first. If she doesn't like what you're about to tell her, you'll have to end it.

But, not for the first time, I was to be surprised by the female psyche.

**

The pub was a pleasant surprise. It had looked nice enough from the outside, but when we stepped inside we were both won over by its homely, cosy charm. We found a corner table and Penny instantly began to peruse the menu.

"I am starving," she said. "I'm going to stuff myself like a pig if that's OK."

I laughed. "You do that. I may do the same."

"Oh god, I can't decide. Grilled chicken or the lasagne?"

"Order them both. We can share."

"Really? But don't you want to have something else? I bet the steaks here are good."

"No," I said. "That's fine. You choose our main meals for us to share, I'll choose the desserts."

"You are the perfect uncle," she said cheerfully. "Can I have a shandy as well?"

I went to the bar and got the drinks and placed our order. When I returned to the table she looked at me.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure." I was wary. Had Ellie perhaps messaged her already? Or perhaps Ellie had messaged Jess, who'd told her?

But it wasn't that.

"What did you think of Sue?"

I considered, a little relieved that I didn't have to dive into my own news and explanations just yet. "She seemed... nice. Is she... a close friend?"

"Not really. I haven't known her long. Just a week, really."

I nodded. There was clearly more to come, though Penny didn't seem quite sure how to proceed.

"Does Jess know her?"

"Hmm. Sort of. Jess doesn't like her much, actually."

"Oh. Why not?"

Penny fidgeted with the cutlery, arranging her knife and fork first one way and then another.

"She thinks... well, she thinks she's manipulative and... it's hard to explain. And a bit embarrassing."

"OK," I said. "Well, I'll listen if you want to tell me, but if you don't want to, that's also fine."

She glanced up at me, then took a deep breath.

"Well... Jess says she -- I mean Sue -- gets off on seducing straight girls. So she's not with me because she likes me, but because I'm... like a challenge."

I pondered this for a moment. "And would you say you are... straight?"

"Yes... mostly. I mean I definitely thought I was. But men have been so... shit recently. I mean... not you. But the ones I've been meeting."

"I'm sorry to hear that," I said. Which I genuinely was.

"So -- when Sue started showing an interest, I was kind of like -- well, why the hell not?"

I nodded. "And did it... live up to your expectations?"

She blushed. "I can't quite believe we're having this conversation."

Nor me, I thought. But if you think this is sharing intimate details, wait until you hear my news, my darling niece.

She fiddled some more with her cutlery. "I mean -- yeah, it was pretty good. Sue... she's pretty experienced. So... without going into all the details... it was pretty satisfactory, really."

"Well, that's good, isn't it?"

"Yeah. I suppose. But... I feel a bit used, somehow. She's fun to be with, but I think she's going to move on pretty soon to her next conquest. And then I'll feel even more shit."

I reached out and put my hand over hers. "I'm sorry," I said. "But it sounds like you're being very clear-headed about the whole thing. Much more intelligent and aware than I was at your age. By about a million miles."

"Thanks," she said.

"So maybe you should make the first move? Dump Sue before she dumps you?"

"I don't know. That feels a bit mean. I hate breaking up with people. I much prefer it when they do it. Then I can feel sorry for myself for a bit but that's much better than feeling guilty that you've hurt someone, isn't it?"

At that moment I don't think I have ever felt such a surge of love as I did at that moment for that slightly embarrassed girl sitting opposite. I squeezed her hand hard.

"Penny," I said. "You are just... wonderful. It'll sort itself out. Don't worry. And there's a whole gang of people out there who are just waiting to find somebody like you."

She smiled at me. "I'm not expecting a Disney movie ending just yet. I just want to... have some fun with some nice, sexy, attractive people."

"I completely get that," I said. "I really do."

"How are you and Belinda? Still groping each other and giggling like teenagers?"

"Certainly not," I said. "We behave with suitably grown-up decorum at all times."

"Fuck off!" Penny was cheering up considerably now. "You're like a pair of hormone crazed fuck bunnies."

"Language!"

"Well -- sorry. But you are. Neither Jess nor I can believe that you and her mum are probably having more sex than most of the people we know put together. Poor Ellie, having to share a house with you two."

"Yessss... that's part of why I came to see you," I said.

Penny removed her hand from mine and looked at me suspiciously. "Have you upset Ellie?"

"No."

"Because if you have, I may have to kill you. I mean, I love you -- but Ellie's one of my best friends. So I would fucking kill you."

"There will be no need to kill me," I said. "I mean -- not because Ellie's upset. You may want to kill me... for other reasons."

"What the fuck have you done?" All thoughts of Sue were long gone. She was staring at me now with a steely, focused glare that was surprisingly intimidating.

"Well... it wasn't actually my idea," I said. "I want to be clear about that, OK?"

"Tell me what you've fucking done!"

Her voice was getting louder. Some other diners in the pub gazed over at us, and I smiled weakly at them.

"Keep your voice down! I promise you... Ellie and Belinda are both very happy. And so am I."

"What the fuck is it then?" An angry whisper now, which was something.

"Well... Belinda told me... Ellie's been having some boy trouble of her own. And that... maybe I could help."

Penny stared at me for several long moments. I could see realisation begin to dawn.

"No. Fucking. Way."

At that moment the waitress arrived with our food. This gave both of us the chance to organise our thoughts and compose ourselves a little.

When she'd gone, Penny leaned forward. Her mounting anger had apparently receded, to be replaced by an eager curiosity.

"So you and Ellie... and Belinda was cool with it?"

"She pretty much... organised it."

"Fuck! That's... fuck!"

"Yes," I agreed.

"I mean -- I knew Ellie really fancied you... even you must have seen that... and I knew Belinda has always been pretty open-minded and cool with all kinds of things... but... fuck!"

She saw something in my face and scoffed.

"You didn't know Ellie fancied you?"

"It was... a bit of a surprise," I admitted.

"God! Men really are stupid! I bet you've got no idea at all that... well, never mind."

"What?"

"Forget it. Tell me about you and Ellie."

"Well... I'm not going to give you all the details. But... we had a very... satisfactory and agreeable time."

"God, I hope it was better than you make it sound. That sounds like you took her to the zoo."

"No... it was all... very much at home. Belinda went out for the day... and Ellie and I stayed home for the day."

"Fuck! Does Jess know?"

"She's probably being updated about it all as we speak."

"God, I can't wait to speak to her. And Ellie! That clever little... And you! Talk about being fucking lucky!"

"I know."

Temporarily lost for words, Penny turned her attention to the food. She ate hungrily, but her eyes kept returning to my face. To my relief she seemed more intrigued and amused than angry or upset.

"So," she said, having devoured most of her meal and a reasonable proportion of mine, "was it like a one-off? Or are you now the live-in stud for both of them?"

"Um -- I think probably the latter. For now, anyway."

"Are you going to have like a timetable? Or alternate weeks, or something?"

"I have no idea. This literally just happened yesterday."

"So you spent all of yesterday shagging Ellie?"

"Well... not all of it. But... quite a lot."

She chewed her lip. "God. I can't wait to talk to Ellie and find out how it was."

"What?" I was genuinely startled.

"We share everything. Of course she'll tell me all about it."

"Well... maybe some things you're better off not knowing!"

"Why? What are you ashamed of? I'm sure she'll mostly have good things to say. Both the girls say Belinda's been like a giddy schoolgirl since you started shagging her."

I admit this pleased me more than it should, even if it didn't entirely square with my own observations.

"Really?"

"Yes. Though don't get big-headed about it. There's always room for improvement."

"OK," I said, suitably abashed. "But -- Ellie will... basically tell you everything?"

"Oh yeah. I mean -- not quite thrust by thrust, but certainly all the key information."

"Key information... and that would be...?"

"Oh -- you know. How many times she... you know. How good they were. If she faked any. How many times you did. Where you did. Any things you did she didn't like. Any things that you didn't like. Positions. Stamina. You know -- the important stuff."

Even though I was horrified by this, I had to settle one thing immediately.

"Hey - no faking was involved."

"I'm sure she didn't fake," she said soothingly. "And if she did, I won't tell you, so don't worry. You can continue to bask in your male pig-headed ignorance."

"Thanks," I said. I was still appalled at the level of detail my niece was confidently expecting to receive.

"Can I call her now?"

"No! Absolutely not."

"I'm going to text her. You can't stop me doing that." And with that she pulled out her phone and began to tap away, the tip of her tongue visible at the corner of her mouth as she focused on the tiny phone keyboard.

"Who'd like dessert?" asked the waitress brightly.

"Not for me," said Penny. "I've eaten too much already. But he can have some. He's really been burning off the calories recently. I'll have a coffee though, please."

She put her phone on the table and gazed at it expectantly. We both did.

It wasn't long before it buzzed. She picked it up and looked at it. Then she looked at me. It was a slightly different look from any I could remember ever giving me before. As if she was seeing me in a new light.

"Goodness," she said softly. "Quite the rave review."

"What did she say?"

She tutted. "I'm not going to tell you. That would be breaking a confidence."

"Breaking a... talk about double-standards! She's telling you everything about me!"

"Yes... it's not really fair, is it? But... I think you've ended up with quite a good deal, so you're in no position to complain, are you? Now go and pay the bill, like a good uncle. I want to ask her a few more things before you drive me back."

I did what I was told.

**

For most of the drive back she was engrossed in her phone, short, staccato bursts of typing followed by pauses as she waited for the replies to come back. Occasionally there would be a small snort of amusement, which didn't do much for my ego, but I manfully restrained from enquiring as to the exact content of the communications. Some things it's better not to know.

"Is... Jess on the chat too?" I asked, trying to sound casual.

Penny made a vaguely affirmative noise.

"And... how is she?"

"She's going to cut your dick off," said Penny cheerfully.

"Really?"

Penny was distracted again. "What? Oh - no. Not really."

"So she's OK?"

"What? Oh... you'll have to find out, won't you? Now shush."

I shushed.

When I parked outside her block she looked up, sighed, and put her phone in her bag. Then she turned and faced me.

"My uncle," she said thoughtfully. "Who'd have thought it?"

"I know." I hesitated. "Shall I come in... or do you have stuff to do?"

"I need to do some things," she said. "I need to speak to Jess. And... I need to speak to Sue."

"OK. Well -- call me if I can do anything."

"I think you've done quite enough for one weekend. Aww -- you're blushing!"

She leaned over and hugged me. I hugged her back, relieved that we were still on speaking terms. Better than that. She seemed more amused and entertained than grossed out or hurt.

She pulled away slightly, and cupped my face in her hands. Then, to my surprise, she kissed me on the lips. Not a long kiss, but not a peck either.

"Don't forget about me," she said. "What with all these women throwing themselves at you."

"Never," I said. "I promise."

"Good. Now sod off home. I'll text you later. Though you'll probably be too... busy to see it."

Then, with a final cheeky grin, she opened the door and got out. I watched her walk away, her trim figure moving confidently and attractively as she strode towards the entrance doorway. The sensation of her kiss still lingered. I remembered the glimpses of her body I'd seen earlier that day. Was there something of a sexual spark between us now? Surely not.

I told myself severely I just had sex on the brain. I was seeing it everywhere. Then I started the car again and drove home.

**

Over the next week Belinda, Ellie and I worked out a kind of routine. In essence I spent alternate nights in each of their beds, which was fine and lovely of course, and I was prepared to put up with the mild inconvenience of never quite remembering where I'd last left my phone charger or my clothes. Amazingly I also managed to press on with my studies, which I was still enjoying and doing well at, with very positive feedback from my tutors.

On balance, I couldn't really believe life could get much better. Though I did sometimes think of my sister, and then I would feel a wave of regret that all of this good fortune for me had come at the expense of losing her. That I would never get to apologise to her for all my selfish behaviour of the past.

I also had a succession of teasing texts from Penny, who would send me links to various health supplements and medicines designed to keep male strength up. I ignored them. When I enquired about Sue, she said that she'd decided to keep the relationship going for now as they were in a drama production together and it would be too awkward to have a messy split now. I wasn't sure this was the best reasoning but I let it go. Sometimes you have to let people figure out things on their own.

I heard from Belinda that Jess had taken the news of my involvement with her older sister quite well, though she'd had a lot of questions and had mainly been concerned that I wasn't taking advantage of them.

"But don't worry. I put her straight on that score," said Belinda, gently massaging my cock. "I said that all of us were very content. But she may give you the third degree when she comes home this weekend."

"This weekend?"

"Mmm." She lowered her head and took me in her mouth for a moment before withdrawing. "She wants to come home for a few days -- I'm going to get her on Friday."

I groaned as her mouth went back around me. "OK... I'll prepare myself for interrogation."

Belinda busied herself for a few minutes then paused again. "Oh, and I was thinking of inviting some people around next week for supper. Wednesday evening?"

"Sure," I said, a little faintly. "Whatever you want."

"Would you like me to stop talking and just focus on blowing you?"

"Well... I wouldn't want you to think I was taking advantage... but... well... yeah"

She chuckled and ran her tongue along the underside of my cock. "Do you want to come in my mouth?"

"Mmm yes please..."

"OK," she said. "You do that."

**

When Belinda arrived back with Jess that Friday evening I was on the sofa with Ellie snuggled up beside me. I was reading and she was watching a film on Netflix, her head on my shoulder. We were naked, of course.

"Aww... look at the two lovebirds," said Jess. But her tone was friendly. Belinda smiled at me reassuringly.

Ellie bounded from the sofa and hugged her sister.

"I've missed you, Jess!"

When Ellie stepped away I got up and gave Jess a slightly awkward peck on the cheek. She gave me a look that I couldn't quite read, then started to get undressed. Belinda had already bustled through to the kitchen to start getting supper ready.

Jess sighed. "It will be nice not to have to wear any clothes for a couple of days."

Ellie and I returned to the sofa. After a moment's hesitation Jess joined us there. I sat on one end with Ellie leaning against me, turned to face her sister who sat at the opposite end. Within a few seconds the girls were engrossed in conversation, swapping news and gossip. I returned to my book, though I wasn't able to give it my full attention.

I had my arm around Ellie and I was absent-mindedly stroking her arm, as I often did when I read. I loved the feel of her smooth skin under my fingertips and she seemed to like it too, sometimes nudging me to continue when I stopped to turn a page. Once when I looked up I saw Jess staring at my hand, then she hastily dragged her eyes away and looked back at her sister.

About fifteen minutes later Belinda called that supper was ready and we trooped through to the dinner table. It was a friendly, chatty meal with lots of teasing and laughter, as meals always seemed to be in that house. A long way from the strained, formal meals I remembered from my own childhood. But I sensed a slight reserve in Jess's attitude to me. She was polite and smiled and it would have taken a keen observer to note that anything was different. But I sensed it, and when I caught Belinda's eye I saw she did too.

Later I helped clear up while the two girls went off to the living room. Belinda put her arms around me.

"She's just adjusting," she said. "Don't worry."

"You sure?"

"Absolutely."

"I hope she doesn't feel... you know... that I just expect her to hop into bed with me too."

"No. I told her that in the car on the way back. That you're very special to Ellie and to me, but she shouldn't take that as any kind of guide to what she should do."

"Good," I said.

"I did tell her you should spend some time together. I'm going to take Ellie out tomorrow morning, so you'll have a few hours then."

I looked at her suspiciously.

"You're not going to hide my clothes again, are you?"

She laughed. "No. Not this time. Last time you needed a bit of a push, but this time the ball is entirely in Jess's court. In fact, maybe you could take her out for a nice brunch somewhere. It might not be a bad thing to have some clothes on for once."

"Good idea," I said, and kissed her. She put her arms around me and pressed her lovely womanly body against mine.

"Mmm," she said. "My turn with you tonight. I hope you're feeling energetic."

I nodded, and kissed her again. I could feel myself hardening against her. She reached down and rubbed me gently.

"Don't do that," I said. "I've got to go back in there and sit with the girls."

"You don't want Jess to see your lovely cock nice and hard next to her on the sofa? She might have to get used to it."

"Maybe not just yet," I said, and moved her hand firmly away. She pouted, but didn't protest further.