Her Ghosts Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why are you all here?" Chloe asked.

'We are here for a reason which we will explain shortly. Oh just so you know, I think you are beautiful'.

"Huh..Thank you." Chloe said frowning, questioning this.

'Besides John has seen you naked before'.

"How would you know that?" Chloe asked.

'Well he is here isn't he and has been here all night, knows your house. So he is your lover, and if he hasn't seen you naked, then he isn't much of a lover boy.' Cynthia gave that body giggle. 'Besides Miss.., Dr. Stone, Liz told me, also we all three spent the night here'.

"But why?" A very confused Chloe asked.

'Let's get you dressed and a cup of coffee in you first'. Cynthia texted.

"Ok." Chloe said, still not making any sense of it.

She got up to dress grabbing some panties laying on the floor, with the bed sheet still wrapped about her.

"Do you mind!" Chloe said sternly.

'Mind what'? came the text.

Chloe began to laugh saying "Never mind sweetie, stay if you want. I'll be just a few minutes, but if you want to go join John and Dr. Stone go on."

'Oh ok, my coffee might be getting cold anyway'. came the text. Closing her device, Cynthia got up an headed back to the kitchen.

Chapter 9

Chloe came in to the kitchen, still embarrassed but now fully dressed. She went straight to the coffee urn and poured a cup and fixed it up. Then peered over the top of the cup taking a sip.

"Good morning my friends, what a pleasant and embarrassing surprise you all are." Chloe said. "Mind telling me what I owe for this honor?"

They fell silent then started to speak at once, Cynthia just lowered her head and slumped.

Chloe held up her hand to silence them, seeing Cynthia slump. Liz started to speak again, Chloe held up her hand and silenced her looking over the rim of her cup.

"One at a time, please my brain isn't all together yet. Besides I think I spotted a guilty party maybe and I will let her start first." Chloe said in a new and freed feeling, she didn't quite understand.

Chloe sat down across from Cynthia to face her and her screen.

"Cynthia, sweetie, do you mind starting, tell me what is going on?" Chloe asked tenderly.

Cynthia sighed heavy, very heavy, with lowered head and with shaking hands she flipped open her device. She timidly started to text. She didn't want Chloe upset with her again.

'It is my fault, I'm sorry'. She then paused.

That puzzled Chloe, her fault for what?

"It is okay sweetie please go on, dear" Chloe said sweetly.

"Look, why we..." Liz started but Chloe cut her off quickly.

"I'm your doctor and..." Liz started again.

"Not in my house you're not, you're a guest." Chloe used a commanding voice Liz hadn't heard and fell silent again.

John just sat that there an took it all in, but was surprised at the boldness. Cynthia giggled shaking her shoulders, she then straightened up and texted.

'I upset you yesterday and you ran away crying mother told me'.

"When?" Liz questioned.

'At Starbucks the coffee place, yesterday, after our session. You scared me, thankfully I got your phone number'.

"Yes, I remember that. But it wasn't you that upset me, sweetie, it was something else. Do go on." Chloe said sipping her coffee.

Cynthia's text continued on, feeling much better after hearing Chloe say that.

'Well when we got home about an hour later I wanted momma to call you and she wouldn't. I tried for an hour begging her and she still wouldn't. So I started throwing things. I was crying and throw things at her. I hit her once with something, she moves pretty quick for an older woman'.

They all burst out laughing thinking of a blind girl throwing things and even connecting a throw. Cynthia smiled and continued.

'Momma screamed at me and told me that is enough, she was calling. We tried for two hours and no answer, momma said it kept going to voice mail. I got, and momma, really scared then, I told momma we should call Dr. Stone'.

"Okay, thank you Cynthia and I will let Dr. Stone continue." Chloe said now thinking where this might be going and feeling uncomfortable now. Liz started her story of events.

"I tried calling a few times in about thirty minutes time, same thing, voice mail. Knowing our sessions I became very worried also. I called John to see if you were with him, or he if he had seen you. He told me no, on both accounts. He was just minutes from me and came and picked me up to come here. We found the empty medication bottle and the wine bottle. When we got inside."

"John, dear and your side of this story?" Chloe asked, beginning to get emotional.

"I was the Gate Keeper, but I was petrified with fear about someone I care about being hurt or missing. I had the code to the locks to get in the house." John said. "But when I heard your playlist, dread of..."

"Okay. Okay, I see now." Chloe said in a whisper kind of voice.

Chloe was tearing up knowing what she had done to these closes friends in her life. Liz retrieved a box of tissues for her. She now knew they were thinking that she was taking she own life.

Cynthia couldn't say a word but she could feel them all in the house.

"I am so sorry I scared the hell out of all of you. I hadn't had that thought in many many months. I had gotten past that part and grown strong against it." Chloe said through some tears. "I care about you all to much to ever do that to you."

Chloe got up from her chair and hugged Liz first, strongly and with gratitude for always having time to listen and guide her. She went to Cynthia and stood her up and hugged her extra special whispering into her hear as Cynthia sniffled in her arms.

"Thank you for saving me, for being my protector and freeing me."

Cynthia didn't know what to think, protect she understood. Free her? free her from what?

She went to John last and embraced him in her arms kissing him as loving and endearingly as she could and whispered to his ear.

"We need to talk later."

She slid from his arms and he looked in her eyes, nodded as he sat back down. Then Liz's phone rang, it was Pat calling, checking on things and Cynthia.

"It is Ms. Johnson, she is on her way over." Liz said, then continued.

"She said she had been trying your phone and still goes to voice mail."

"Shit!" Chloe said. "Okay, when she gets hear I will fill you in on me and last night."

Cynthia felt them all smiling now and their love in the room. She texted.

'Chloeie, there is something I need to talk to you about later sometime, girlie stuff'. She giggled.

Chapter 10

I got up to go find my phone, lord, knows where I put it last night. I did not noticed some things as I looked for it. I found it, just as the doorbell rang. I asked Pat to please come in and hugged her. We went to the kitchen and I sat Pat down in my empty chair. I poured coffees for everyone and started some more. I spoke to them as I did.

"Ok, everyone has told me their part in this so now I will tell mine."

I felt a surge of courage running through me to say what I needed to say.

"You all know we were at Starbucks. I had been there about an hour before Cynthia and Pat came in. I was just thinking of some things about John and I and how my session with Dr. Stone went, and my event I had with John a week ago."

I could see Liz fidget all of a sudden and blush just a tiny bit as I laid my gaze on her. Then Cynthia giggled in her way which caused Liz to fidget more.

That girl is beginning to freak me out, I thought to myself.

I winked at Liz to calm her fear, I will talk to her about that another time. I saw John stiffen a bit about last week.

"To be absolutely honest that was the best day I was having in over two years, excluding my time with John. What brought that crashing in on me and all this turmoil was what Cynthia told, or texted, me at the coffee shop."

I sensed Cynthia's dread all of a sudden and I rushed over to her and wrapped my arms around and cradled her. I put my hands to her cheeks, turning her face to look into her sightless eyes. Tears were starting to roll down her cheeks. I kissed them away then kissed her trembling lips saying.

"It's okay, you did nothing wrong, hear me, absolutely nothing."

Cynthia nodded 'yes' but I could feel her uneasiness. I put my hands on the front of her shoulders as I stood behind her, Pat smiled. I continued and Cynthia reached up and held my hands.

"Ok." I said, pausing for an emotion break.

"The words that set this whole mess off were, 'Let it or him go' then.."

I took a very deep breath and let it out slow composing myself.

"Then 'The Force is with you'. These words are what Mom and Pops, Bobbie's parents, used to say to Bobbie and I. Bobbie would even talk of their 'Jedi mind tricks' sometimes. I loved and still love all them with all my heart. I can't explain to you how much. Cynthia did not know this, nor any of you, maybe even Liz., Dr.Stone."

I took another breath and felt tears on my cheeks. John started to rise, I motioned him to sit, as Liz handed me some more tissue. I continued on, wiping my eyes and confessing.

"I came home and cried myself till I was exhausted, literally. I dragged myself off the sofa after about two hours and took my meds. I set my 'Depression' playlist on and had a glass of wine and I turned off my phone, which I apologize for. I didn't think or wanted anyone to be calling, at that moment. All I wanted was to sleep deep and rest my brain and make things go away for awhile."

I went to the refrigerator and got some wine and cup poured it three quarters full before continuing. Standing behind Cynthia holding on to her shoulder. I needed the wine for this part as I continued on. I took a large drink. Alright two large drinks.

"I have no idea what went on here last night, only that I was dreaming wonderful dreams.., of Bobbie. I was dreaming we were making love, having passionate sex."

I sensed and saw dread come across John and went to him hugging and whispering.

"You need to hear this, my love, to understand what has been confusing you. We will figure this out together."

I kissed him tenderly and continued, but something felt cold.

"It ended with Bobbie telling me 'Let me go, You have to let go. We will always be with you, live, with joy and love'. Then it was like someone was trying to wake me, I think, but I couldn't wake up. Then this morning I felt alive and free, free from a dark place with in me. Oh and extremely embarrassed."

I didn't mention the dreams continued on.

Then there was dead silence, except for Cynthia, I could see her soundless giggle, which made me giggle. I saw John's jaw clench a couple of times. I was possibly dreading the talk we were going to have to have. I took another large drink.

"Okay, someone say something, how about. Shit. What the fuck. Maybe, you're fucking nuts, I'm outa here or something." I said, taking another big swill of wine.

Cynthia went into a fit of laughter in her body.

"Fuck." came from John. Liz just stuttered out a 'We should talk'. and poor unknowing Pat just sat there with some tears in eyes. Then stunned silence again.

"Okay..! who is up for breakfast." I spoke out. "Take out or made at home. I am as starved as a fresh fucked panther."

I didn't know then that statement would come back to haunt me shortly.

When I said that John was shocked, and glaring. Pat was a bit indignant and Liz was just flabbergasted, and poor Cynthia. She fell out of the chair laughing.

12