All Comments on 'Her Heart, His Prey Ch. 02'

by SongsofaSiren

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 11 years ago

She definitely is going to run now. I wonder if David told her about mates. I'm guessing she don't quite understand the connection or its the pain of hearthreak that won't let her feel anything else.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I can't wait to find out what happens next. Expecially when the he finds out about her previous relationship with the beta. Also what happens with her friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
*****

I liked it! More please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
More

Please, this was so good. More. More. MORE!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

MORE!! Loved this chapter! I am now officially hooked :)

lokitillalokitillaalmost 11 years ago
Kudos!

This is a vast improvement over the first chapter. That one was not bad by any means, but this narrative is smoother, the detail stronger, and the movement of the story more substantial. You got your readers into the plot, into the characters, built the world a bit more, and took them on a little ride to tide them over. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

i know that Marlow will probably end up with him since he is her mate and everything but I would love for her sister to have to work at building their relationship again after she slept with her ex-boyfriend.. after all, mate or no mate, that was fucked up. Even though Marlow will end up realizing he wasn't her mate and rightfully her sister's mate, the sister should be punished a bit for breaking that sisterly bond.

SweetGaspsSweetGaspsalmost 11 years ago
MORE!!!!

More please!!!!!!

angelbaby54angelbaby54almost 11 years ago

Write more plllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Love it!

I really like that this isn't taking the standard pattern for were romance stories, especially here. This reads more "realistic." (That said, I still enjoy reading and re-reading many of the were stories that have that standard pattern--it's just that it's nice to read a story that is different.)

All families have complicated relationships at times, and without injecting high school-level melodrama, the author still conveyed the perfect amount of conflict and tension to drive the story forward.

Also, she didn't succumb to His Magic Cock in the night and suddenly become his doting little lady. Don't get me wrong--I really want to read about Cassian's giant cock and the magic he can create with it, but I've become weary of reading about the heroines who switch from anger, suspicion or hate to love after that first tumble. Magic cock or not, most women wouldn't suddenly stop freaking out over being kidnapped, used as some kind of human healing device and held captive by werewolves to total trust and love after sex, no matter how amazing.

Of course, I've never encountered one of these magic paranormal cocks that vampires and weres seem to have, so I could be totally wrong and they really ARE that incredible and life altering.

Many romance stories can be unrealistic--fun to read--but unrealistic. It's like a Disney version of life. This story is not falling back on those tropes and is intelligently written.

(I really do love this story so far. You're doing a great job!)

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 11 years ago
Are we meant to be as confused as Marlow?

The story jumps around so much. There were at least three times that I stopped reading and thought - What the hell is going on?

If that's how you want the readers to feel, well done!

If that's not what you're trying to do, you may want to consider putting more detail into each section. You may also want to tell the story from more than one character's POV. That way, when Mar is unconscious or just out of the loop, the readers still get an idea of what's happening from the narrative.

SparkleeSparkleealmost 11 years ago
Usually..

I am very critical but I must say I love this story! I think it is well written (minus a few grammatical and syntax errors) and I'm excited for

The plot development. You should def continue this story soon! Cliffhangers are the only confusing part about story series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I agree , you should try to make your story less confusing and switch to third person. I like your story a lot so I hope you will work on it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Wow, nice. This pack apparently wants her to be one of them, something that generally denotes a lot of loyalty and devotion to other pack members, but they're all openly following along with the Alpha's plot to kidnap, deceive and basically rape her of any free will by lying to her? And David's down with all this too, despite the fact that this is basically his girlfriend's sister? Sounds like this pack's fallen pretty far and is need of a good vampire-style cleansing to terminate the disease.

fefe428fefe428almost 11 years ago
Intrigued....

Good second chapter, although it still feels like we don't really know too much about any of the characters. Obviously, you're trying to build up to things and drop clues, but it's a little hard to really get invested when the main character is still pretty much a complete mystery.

SongsofaSirenSongsofaSirenalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Again thank you all for your comments and criticism (it is greatly appreciated so keep it coming). I love it when people criticize my work, give me suggestions, and I am so grateful as to how much people seem to be enjoying Marlow's story. In response to a few notes: yes you were supposed to feel as confused as Marlow (looking back on that I can see how that would be annoying for all of you, so my apologies) and I promise to all of you that the secrets (both dirty and not) will be revealed next chapter. On that note, the next chapter may be a little while with finishing school and such, but I promise I will not neglect you all!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Very good Story, when do we get chapter 3

Your stories were very good. When do we get chapter 3.

I like the werewolves stories.

obabyobabyalmost 11 years ago
Works for me

I've read some of the comments about the disjointed nature of the tale thus far, but the slow reveal works for me. The 10 hour flashback sets up teases of what's to come, and I think you should continue to use them. Overall, your writing is much better- grammatically speaking than a lot of submissions. They really disrupt the flow for me when I'm reading along, and all of a sudden, I stop because the author spelled you're wrong, or used then instead of than. Doesn't matter how good the tale is, I'm like what the hell? Same way when I see some wearing a tacky outfit- did they look in the mirror before they left the house? Did they re-read before they posted.

Anyway...

I like the wondering: What does he mean by she's my one? Does that make Marlow Cassian's "one." Was it a blood thing between Char and David, then does that mean the bite doesn't matter? Is there more to her sister's abandonment than the betrayal? Did Cathia really turn, or was that a dream? I wish your chapters were longer, but I like the lack of explanation, and that things will become more clear in time, and I like the first person point of view.

I think you are off to a great start, I have become a big fan of the supernatural romance fiction, and I am really enjoying your story.

Trust your instincts, and keep at it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Character Feist

Your writing has talent. I enjoy reading about Marlow being a feisty and stubborn character, not letting others take advantage of her. I hope you will not write her giving in so easily as others do for their plots. After all, the title implies the hunt for her love. Looking forward to the story's progress, and Dave's squirming about the whole thing!

SparkleeSparkleealmost 11 years ago
Next Chapter?

Will there be a next chapter?

SongsofaSirenSongsofaSirenalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Yes there will be a next chapter

As you all know life gets a little crazy sometimes. With it being the end of the school year I've been up to my ears with work. I apologize for the delay, and I promise I will get the next chapter out ASAP.

TempranceTemprancealmost 11 years ago

I'm glad there will be more. This is well written and I'm eager to learn more about yenta Marlow has gotten herself into.

WintersGripWintersGripalmost 11 years ago
Please update soon!

Please update this wonderful story soon!! I is one of my favorites!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Loved this chapter!

loved this chapter! very well written and i cant wait to see how the characters develop!

i did NOT find it confusing but did wish it lasted longer, however understand as this is a short story arena. i am looking forward to more!! you have this reader hooked!

NewwriterAlisonneNewwriterAlisonneover 10 years ago
Great work

This piece of writing is fanstastic and do is chapter 3 please keep it up as I cannot wait for chapter 4.

superfeluously_esuperfeluously_ealmost 10 years ago
Good Story So Far!

Though I am still confused about what happened to Cathia.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous