All Comments on 'Her Mistake'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 271 Comments
26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
His choice

His choice this time , hopefully, to show her the door permanently. He just didn’t love her enough this time. Two great Hooked stories the same day.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1about 3 years ago
Hope he hate fucked her

Why would he even agree to meet with someone who did not care about you after 25 years?

BleeckeBleeckeabout 3 years ago
Good

That’s the way be a man take your revenge then say goodbye it s a pity their is not more men on here in stead of cucks

johnadpjohnadpabout 3 years ago
Good Story

Painful one for sure.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

so it only took a decade and a half for him to lose his spine and turn into a cuck?

one star for the cuck story and lack of cuck tag

you want to write a cuck tale, feel free

also let us know so we can skip it

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Ouch!!! I'm not sure how I feel about the ending, but the entire story created a aching dissonance in me, which is the sign of incredibly effective writing!!! Bravo!

jasonnhjasonnhabout 3 years ago
The ending saved it

The story was leading to Al being a sap and taking her back. "Al dated from time to time but never again found a connection as she had with Traci before things fell apart" tells a sad, pitiful story. Then they sleep together.

When he showed her the door, it was a recognition that she was good for sex but never again as a trusted partner.

The sad sack "never found a connection" was needed for the story to build tension but one hopes that Al is more successful in the future. It's too bad that she cheated him out of the chance to be a father as well as cheating on her marriage. It was a omen that Al missed; her promises don't mean much to her. It's sad that guys tend to accept this kind of junk because they "love" their wives. It makes the pain even worse when they are cheated on; their acceptance of her previous behavior for "love's sake" is poisoned. (BTW, women do this as well, accepting the poor behavior of husbands for "love's sake".)

1959richard21959richard2about 3 years ago
WHO❓

I thought Traci was the ex-wife of Roger, with the polish surname.

Ohhh, I get it 😙.

Not a good practice to use the same character name in two different stories posted on the same day, lol.

DFWBeastDFWBeastabout 3 years ago

Very nice! Short, simple and very well done. Hope the ex-husband found someone to love and spend the rest of his life with, the wife... not so much. LOL!

Anyway, thank you for the ride!

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
well written

Great story but I wouldn't have even had the dates. Maybe the first meeting just out of curiosity but the others and especially not the sex. Bit again, if I did feel like sex, it would be with a condom just to see her reaction and no cuddle time after. Just a quick bang and ask her to leave that night.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

Another story where the wife stops talking about Lover Boy.

/

Meh. Why should he have to have had a lackluster love life.

/

I'm cool with him giving her a good-bye fuck, but he should have taken back her rings, just as he gave her his.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

@1959richard2, Hooked ALWAYS names his cheater wives Traci!

amanapamanapabout 3 years ago

Wish there was more story. Just feels like something is missing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
How did this story get so many reviews so quickly?

Is this author extremely popular? I'm surprised this story has so many reviews so quickly.

Dunny69Dunny69about 3 years ago

Nothing to recommend this wimp garbage he must be off his head to take the cheati g slut back into his life. All he is is a fall back. Hated this and frim an author i liked.

Freddog6601Freddog6601about 3 years ago

A fairly common theme for a LW story which didn’t detract from the story. What did detract was the manner it was told which resembled that of a disinterested third party.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nothing like one last...

Fuck you, bitch!

Thought for sure Al was going for a reconciliation with Traci years after the divorce but turned out to just be a ruse so Al could get a final "Fuck you, bitch!" over on Traci. Good one! Thanks for the read.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Good story. I guess it's OK if he just wanted to get laid but since she didn't even apologize or show any remorse for the affair I don't understand why he would consider spending any time with her. After eight years the flame should have been snuffed out.

PierremanvisPierremanvisabout 3 years ago

Great story. Left me sad at what could have been if she had not been such a stupid, self absorbed, bitch.. Liked that it was short , and sharp. And ending excellent. As aside would have enjoyed Steve feeling some pain.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Thank you

Much better story than earlier Traci one but obviously just a differing opinion as t'other one scoring higher. Anyway that was an interesting tale.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

I didn't like this one much because it was hard to feel any sympathy for Al by the end.

Traci deceived him about wanting to have children and when he discovered that she'd married him under false pretences, he should've started looking for a replacement. He knew she was a selfish liar, but stayed with her anyway and gave up on having a family.

He can only blame himself for the subsequent heartache when Traci betrayed him a second time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
What the fuck is this incomplete story?

You could have saved posting this one. there are several dozens of stories like this. Different names, slightly different situations but pretty much the same pattern. No ending, and no real explanation of everything. It's so easy to write shit like this,

Why the fuck would he want to have something to do with the slut again after one year of cheating and showing no remorse at all?

Despicable how many cucks seems to like this shit.

stev2244stev2244about 3 years ago

Wow, I was glad about the twist at the end. For a while, I thought I was in some alternate reality, with a Traci heading towards a reconciliation. The last line told me the laws of physics are still in effect. Well done.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 3 years ago
Haven’t finished yet, but . . .

. . . one glaring error: Traci couldn’t have “put her digits” into his phone forty years ago, as there were no cell phones in 1981.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 3 years ago

She stole everything from him. His chance to have a family of his own. He should have found a better woman and moved on. I hate the self punishing guys. A live well lived is the best revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Half reconciliations aren't much better than full

I can't understand why Al would be able to stomach spending the night "(making) slow, passionate love" to his traitorous ex. 1 star.

amyyumamyyumabout 3 years ago
Good ending

For a second I thought that he might take her back; 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So she cheated on him, deprived him of her love, didn't have the minimum decency to keep the affair secret and went on a trip with her lover masquerading as his wife and she married her lover after she got divorced and still the cuckolded ex-hubby so pathetic that he just couldn't move on with his wife and marry another woman but had to take this cheating ex back and even went to the extent of "quietly pushed his wedding ring into her hand". Really? Do you have to hate men that much to write a bullshit like this?

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Good, in the end he burned her and she deserved it. What a calculating manipulative bitch she was and now she wants back in, just friends???

No, she wants her old life and comfort zone back.

I’d have kicked to the curb again too. What a stupid bitch!!

Well done Hooked 1957, you turned out a subtle story with a subtle burn in the end.

I just loved it when he pushed her gently out the door and giving her back his ring.

Hasta la Vista, baby!!!!!!

Scores 5/5 for being the best of the tales thus far.

ohioohioabout 3 years ago

What I like most is an aspect of the ending: that she recalled the good times from their marriage, while for Al it was the bad feelings and bad memories that prevailed. This seems very real to me, and sad. Because she wasn't the one who felt that agony of betrayal, she imagined that time would simply overcome it.

Thanks, ohio

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

He was the fall back dude after her affair and second marriage failed. After a few more years of playing the scene she probably realized that at the later stages of her life that there is no special someone for her anymore; and she might not find someone who would want a selfish manipulative shrew. He should have never entertained dinner with her let alone put his dick in that adulterous orifice.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Really, one final fuck for old times sake.

I would have pissed on her. And beat the shit out of her lover.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 3 years ago

Re: Anonymous (what the fuck is this incomplete story?)

Been waiting some time now to see your story showing us hacks how it should be done--still waiting...

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 3 years ago
Nice story, if a bit painful.

There are no winners when a spouse cheats.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Seem Familiar?

Over the past twenty years with Lit I've read this story again and again and again...

Enough!

secretsalsecretsalabout 3 years ago

Found this a bit lacking on the emotional front. Initially, I thought his unwillingness to move on after the divorce was strange, but I guess after 25 years, you can get jaded and gun-shy. The almost casual way in which they catch up, quickly decide to try again and wrap up right after left me a bit cold, though.

1959richard21959richard2about 3 years ago
4*s

Neatly done story. Short, satisfying, entertaining.

Thank you Hooked1957... Two reads in one day 😀.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Very nice!

On the assumption that he began seeing her again and even took her to bed with the express intention of dumping her like he did at the end....4 ****

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

Very fitting ending!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Anonymous made the comment of "its so easy to write shit like this " yet 'Anonymous' has no stories that I've ever found. Put up or shut up! Thank you Hooked for your story. 5 stars

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadabout 3 years ago

Disappointing. Kind of boring. Incomplete. No satisfaction in any way. It was like eating toast of bread you don't particularly care for without butter: It could have been good despite the bad stuff but left a bad taste instead.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Too many unanswered questions

Why would he wait that many years before divorcing her since he knew he wanted children? Why would he agree to meet her years later? Why would she want to meet him? A fallback position for her? Why would he spend 10 seconds with a woman that betrayed him in the worst possible manner? Why would he sleep with the slut if all he could remember were the bad times? Not badly written, but like I said - too many unanswered questions to make me happy with this ending.

RePhilRePhilabout 3 years ago
Not your usual level

Not bad, but no where near your usual character build. He was a single dimension translucent character. Governed by a pretty women and his penis with no other redeeming factors I could find. Buy hey it was a flash story so I should just shut the fuck up LLL!

lover1953lover1953about 3 years ago

The story of a wife that likes to shop around for a husband. Good plot.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerabout 3 years ago
A weak, pathetic man

That type of male just makes me want to puke. He lets his slut wife control everything and wonders why she has no respect for him. That she has the right to have an affair. He finally mentions that she had reneged on her "having a child" promise with him but he never raises the issue with her.

Then to start going out with her again after the slut couldn't make her relationship with the arsehole work... just ridiculous.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Don't really like the story. Al comes across as way too wimpy for my taste. At least he don't take her back.

COYSCOYSabout 3 years ago

Why

Is it that in so many of these stories, the guy never gets over the girl and ends up in a lonely existence? I’ve got news for everyone, a middle aged man who is a good guy will have women flocking to him. Good women. This is a good story, but the premise that this guy could never move on is ridiculous. It’s not realistic, but so many stories use it. It may take more time for some than others, but there are loads of fish in the sea. Thank you

Tootight1Tootight1about 3 years ago
liked it

But like some here, i wanted more of a pound of flesh out of her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
It was good while it lasted

as usual, it was well written. Thanks to the author Hooked1957.

But of all the stories of Hooked1957 this is the worst one for me.

1 star

All I can say about the husband.

Ball-less WIMP. Why give her his wedding ring? Were those tears happiness she easily got him back?

Rolando1225Rolando1225about 3 years ago
Nice, short story

Nice, short story. Because it's short characters are not totally developed. The plot can be called, "Scenes of a Relationship". I guess the adage, "Believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see" applies here. She promised children and fidelity, but never delivered. The end is clear. Some broken things cannot be fixed. Thanks for the effort, the time to write it, and the story.

Drgnmstr97Drgnmstr97about 3 years ago
Irony lost

I did not rate this one as I had a few problems with it and since I was conflicted I did not want to give it a poor score.

The anachronism with the cell phone bothered me. I don't know why but when I read these things that do not work it really throws off my getting into a story.

This woman and everyone she worked with were scum. How could that many people be okay with this activity? And discussing the affair with a colleague that also wanted to have sex with him is just uugghhhh. How slimy do you have to be to tell your married colleague you are sorry they beat you to the punch in sleeping with your divorcing other colleague? The completely disgusting manipulation of a divorcing man stealing another man's wife is another bleeeeck moment.

And finally we have the wife. How fucking disgusting are you to fall in love with and carry out an affair for a year with a man divorcing his wife for her infidelity? You are doing the exact same fucking thing to your husband. To have such a lack of self awareness and be so self absorbed to do the exact same thing to your own husband that you are comforting this affair partner about is mind boggling. The irony is unreal. When lashing out the husband should have at least pointed this out as a parting shot. However I contend that cheaters have something in their head broken already so I guess you never know how that is going to present itself.

She was truly scum and that deserved more of send off than a quiet handing off of his wedding ring. I definitely get the symbolism and how well it worked for the story. I just prefer a more verbal take down of individuals that are this disgusting.

someoneothersomeoneotherabout 3 years ago

Nothing new or interesting. The story follows well-worn plot lines without any new twist or point of uniqueness.

Like other commentators I was surprised that there was no explanation of why the husband accepted the wife's choice not to have children. That sort of situation does not make for a good marriage., and so, it is surprising only that the marriage was still alive, although the husband may have been so shallow as to be led by his little dick.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 3 years ago

Why is it that some people failed to identify that Al was a strong, principled man who spurned his ex-wife's advances to get him back in her life?

This was a good 5* story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Only thing missing was busting the asshole predator's body bad enough to ruin his career.

He had all the time in the world. Apparently he was a bit of a loser himself if he couldn't find a decent woman to share the rest of his life with. Why did he even still have his wedding ring? The whore fucked him over for a year!

Whatever. Other than the missed revenge it was decent. Thanks for the effort.

Texican1830Texican1830about 3 years ago

Know when you know you married a selfish bitch? When she decides she’s not going to have the children you agreed on because her career is more important, that’s clue 1. There are a dozen more, but at some point it became Al’s fault for kowtowing to her. Neither are lovable characters.

SlipperySaddleBumSlipperySaddleBumabout 3 years ago

Sweet Vengeance. .... The last two commenters totally missed the point. He's definitely not weak.

LeonardSpencer says that she has "the right" to have an affair???? Well said by a member in good standing of The Society of Inbred Ignoramuses.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 3 years ago

I came away from this tale with a “meh” feeling.

Neither the plot nor the characters drew me in. At best I gave it a three.

jsch1947jsch1947about 3 years ago

What makes this seem week...

Enormous potential for consequences and she got off scot free.

She has affair with supervisor.

Medical research facility (both colleges and Hospitals have morality clauses)

Every one in department knows about affair.

Travel as married couple, with lodging booked by institution.

Lover needed to be sued, as did the employing agency.

Both parties need new careers.

This isn't revenge, it's consequences

patilliepatillieabout 3 years ago

Didnt like it, no ending. Seems like you rushed it at the end.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

@Anonymous Re: "Why so many reviews?" - Maybe because it's a shorter story, people read it before tackling the longer stories.

sanman52sanman52about 3 years ago

Story should have been called 'Her Choice' not 'Her Mistake'.

Rocky62Rocky62about 3 years ago

Why meet as friends, bone her for old times sake and walk out the door sans rings? After 8 years i think hez over the anger. Might as well get laid with her as opposed to your hand

flatcar44flatcar44about 3 years ago

Ohio's comment was spot on. As well as sbrooks103x's about taking her rings back.

Realistic ending in that life isn't always neatly wrapped in a bow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I generally like reconciliation, but I loved this ending. What a selfish bitch. Her disrespect in this telling left no room for him to take her back, and there are no children because of her choice to make the future and enjoying grandchildren together impossible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"DO YOU LOVE HIM, DAMMIT!"

This is an imbecilic question that many authors use in their stories. Whether she did or didn't makes no difference. What she did was appalling. In real life no remotely normal man would want someone who betrayed him so brazenly as a "friend", not a few years later, not ever. A solvent, good looking 60 year-old man will have his choice of many women for companionship, casual or otherwise.

ShadowRosieShadowRosieabout 3 years ago

Wow. No thrills there anymore. Give him a lollypop, he got his ex-wife to bang then sent her to work. All they missed was just being friends with benefits.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 3 years ago

Almost perfect. He should have had her bags packed before her return from Sweden. Bring at least one bag to the airport. Instead of taking her home, give her the bag, and tell her to call Steve. Change the locks, have her served, and tell her when she can get the rest of her stuff. After she’s been inconvenienced for a week, move to an apartment, and tell her she can buy out his share of the house.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

Is there a second paragraph to this story? That's the entire story? There is almost no confrontation at all and then he meets up with her a few years later and he starts having social dinners with her ?

.

Why?

.

At the end of the story it's pretty clear that the husband is really still very angry over the way his wife shit all over him and Massive conspiracy to deceive him which the wife and her entire office engaged in from more than a year.

So if that's the way the husband really feels lie is he talking to her and having social dinners with the cunt?

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 3 years ago

Thank you, Mr. 1957. You contributed two stories to this event, and I am grateful. Above and beyond! Look forward to your next. Randi.

NoWriterINoWriterIabout 3 years ago

Good story.

I would only have changed the last paragraph:

It was morning when they both roused. Since it was a Saturday, neither had to be at work. Al fixed both of them breakfast. When they finished, Al lifted Traci to her feet from her chair and led her to the door. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes as he opened the door and gave her a chaste kiss on the cheek. "Sorry. No do-overs." He said as he quietly pushed his wedding ring into her hand as she walked out of the door.

EgregiousEgregiousabout 3 years ago

His last words "I would rather die alone, than lying next to you."

Sloburn38Sloburn38about 3 years ago

One very small point. Every flight I have made to Europe fly's through the night and the return trip you leave early in the morning getting in in the late afternoon. Good story , 5*

SemasswoodSemasswoodabout 3 years ago

So much potential! Very good set up. Then, it just decided to lay down and play dead.

You’ve written some great stories, this one is a bit disappointing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

loving two men? Ha She and Steve should stay in a lifelong marriage full of barely tolerating each other, deceit, cheating and lack of love

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"DO YOU LOVE HIM, DAMMIT!"

Only a fucking cuck would ask this question. Unfortunately, this is how husbands are written in LW

Helen1899Helen1899about 3 years ago

He lost twice and got what he deserved. Take your wife swinging and you will end up with a fucked up marriage. Then after a couple of years of failed dates, he found nothing could compare to Traci, but his ego would let him take her back. So he lived a miserable lonely love until he died, what a loser. I know she had been a real bitch, but for goodness sake give it a try, even loss of pride is better than years of lonely misery

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

On the drive back home from the airport I would loved for Al to have asked his wife where she would like to be dropped off. That sudden jolt to her might have been a much stronger shock of Al being aware of her infidelity. She would have been caught completely by surprise & totally dumstruck.

Tootight1Tootight1about 3 years ago

Liked the story, but it lacked one major element, revenge. I would want my pound and a half of flesh from the bitch and her lover, and his half would have his dick in it.

jflindersjflindersabout 3 years ago

I can't understand how anyone can enjoy a story in which the cheated up spouse, still in pain, makes slow passionate love to the ex-or has any form of sex with the ex, for that matter.

dthakerdthakerabout 3 years ago

Hey come on.

No joy. What kind of stupid simp of a man Al is?

Even though the writing is good but can't give more than 1 star.

Regguy69Regguy69about 3 years ago

Well written, as usual. As a divorced man, I can understand spending the night with a woman you once loved completely. I slept with my ex a year or so after she dumped me for a rich boy. I didn’t let her spend the night. I sent her away knowing she wouldn’t be invited back. I’m no Don Juan, but I was married to her for 11 years, so I knew exactly what she liked. She left knowing she’d never get to experience me again.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

I hate this FICTION story. He should not have gone to the airport to pick her up - she would have taken a cab. He should have had her served with divorce papers at the airport. He should have burned the house down and moved to the other side of the country. Then she would have had NO DOUBT that he was pissed off and vengeful.

Richie4110Richie4110about 3 years ago

Well done, and Thanks. Always enjoy your story telling and the denouement is satisfying. Looking forward to your next.

lujon2019lujon2019about 3 years ago

So the man disgusted with his wife cheating on him thought the best thing to get him over it was to get another wife to cheat on her spouse?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I liked it. But instead of making love it would be a hard fuck with a condom. Wouldn't; care the tiniest bit how she felt.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

nixroc - you may have some good ideas, use them when you write YOUR OWN FICTION STORY. Hooked wrote a very good story that I for one enjoyed reading as it is - thank you. BTW, lujon - what story were you commenting on? You should read the story a little more carefully. As usual a pleasure to read!

somewhere east of Omaha

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 3 years ago

Got some pussy and moved in. Hilariously awesome 😂

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleabout 3 years ago

Good story! Nice touch with the ring st the end

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

To previous anon, lujon is talking about Steve. He was divorcing a cheating wife and yet he is okay with making Traci cheat on her husband. That hypocrisy is mega scale.

Maybe you yourself need to read much more carefully.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Rubbish and a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Nah nah nah. He should never think of the slut again.

However Steve needed major payback. Especially after he divorced Traci. Otherwise the pain Al suffered was for nothing. So here is what happened to Steve.

Soon after the divorce from Traci Steve was in a high class night club and he saw Al walk in. Being the arrogant SoB he was he could not help but sneer at Al and rub it in.

Al left the club and Steve bragged about stealing his wife.

After a few more hours Steve left the bar and walked into a nightmare from hell. A very pissed off ex-husband.

By the time Steve got to hospital he was a mess.

His genitals were trashed. His hands were destroyed. Broken ribs, legs, knees, ribs, jaw and skull.

Al was questioned but had an alibi that cost him $300 for the night (Candy was a school friend of his who fell on hard times). In fact he paid for her to finish college so she could get a job her parents could be proud of.

That was just an aside. Candy swore under oath that Al spent the night with her.

Steve never fully recovered but was still arrogant. The second beating he took was the end for him. He died from injuries 6 months later.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story is a real laugh riot. Why would she want to be with this loser. His wife has a year-long affair and we get this whining reaction: 'Al ran his hands through his hair and fought hard to hold back his tears. "What did I do wrong?"'

--Well the answer is clear: "Al dated from time to time but never again found a connection as SHE had with Traci before things fell apart. (emphasis added)."

--So she comes back for more laughs with the little sissy?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Overall a likeable story that was easy to read and you could see into future events. Had me worried at the end as it was sounding like a reconcile at all costs ending but after showing her how things might have been he also showed her the door.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Enjoy Hooked’s work. Unfortunately, lost me halfway through with the overnight flight from Europe to the US. Thanks for all your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

a lot of you authors are morons. Why do you have the dumb husband ask "do you love him?". does loving him make the cheating acceptable? all a MAN needs to know is that the deed was done. End of marriage... JK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not a bad story though but I don't buy the end, it is too pompous.

By the way if your wife refuses to have children with you, drop her like a hot potato. Are you going to die in hospice without any family around?

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

5 stars - she got exactly what she deserved and he took advantage of the opportunity to show her the full extent of her treachery.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Nice

Quick ending but she got what she deserved. Cheating cunt.

Five Stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a fucking asshole

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous