Her Queen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Still regarding her lover, Adira spoke in a commanding but affectionate tone, "Luciana."

"Yes, darling," the young princess responded, the whisper of a grin on her lips.

"I would like to discuss my royal duties with you," the queen continued. Luciana waited patiently for Adira to continue.

"I've decided that I shall take into consideration your opinions on my courtly actions. You are to be my wife, as it is."

Luciana's smile spread from ear to ear. This couldn't help but force Adira to grin, albeit a small grin.

"You will stop being so cruel to your servants? And you will release your slaves?" Luciana asked.

With a deep inhale, the queen nodded. It was time for her to change. She brushed a curl from Luciana's eyes; she would do anything to make her princess smile.

"And you will let my parents come to our wedding?"

Adira stared blankly. "Why would your parents not come to our wedding?" she questioned. "You are free to see your parents whenever you wish."

Luciana frowned. "I am? We were under the impression that you were taking me away."

Everything started to slide into place. Lionel's strange silence, and the tearful goodbye Luciana and her parents had shared.

"I'm not a monster," the queen frowned. "You are to be my wife, not my slave."

Luciana leveled the queen with a pointed stare. "Well, your slaves are the only people other than myself that I've had the occasion to watch you interact with. That is reason enough to fear you."

"Well, never fear, for I will endeavor to be...less monstrous," the woman conceded with a sigh.

Luciana bit her lip. She whispered, "I would like that."

"And so you shall have it," Adira smiled, opening her arms for her darling.

Luciana closed the small distance between them, placing herself upon the woman's full lap. She nuzzled softly into Adira's neck, massaging her fingers into the soft hairs at the back of Adira's neck. Sighing, the princess sank into the older woman's embrace.

"So long as you do not run from me, princess," the queen teased, stroking her sweetheart's back gently.

"I shan't," Luciana whispered softly into her lover's ear. "I am yours forevermore."

dix

The wedding was held in Delphine, in the royal gardens where Luciana had spent her adolescence. The sun shone brightly, illuminating the white marble statues and columns of the garden. The flowers and foliage were in full bloom, and the singing of bluebirds could be heard from everywhere. It was a most joyous day. Permeating the space was a feeling of happiness. The audience was filled with citizens from both Delphine and Valencia, eager to witness the union between the two royals. Smiles adorned each attendant's face, ready to witness the unconventional, but advantageous union. Dispersing the flowers were the children from the orphanage, dressed in white suits and dresses.

Atop the marble pedestal stood Queen Adira in all of her glory. Elegant and poised, the queen stood, letting her bright green eyes sweep over the audience. Dark hair falling in neat waves upon her shoulders, the queen had traded her usual dark attire for a virginal white. Adira laughed to herself at the notion that either bride could be called 'pure'.

King Lionel took Luciana's hand and led her through the crowd to the pedestal. Honeybees whizzed from flower to flower adorning Luciana's chocolate curls. The girl's brilliant smile upturned everyone's mouth, and her parents knew that she was happy. The king marched proudly, bringing his daughter to the marriage she desired.

A hush fell over the crowd as it watched its princess, as beautiful as ever, approaching the pedestal. Excited murmurs followed. Adira strained her neck to see what all of the commotion was about, but soon it was as clear as day. Her bride, dressed in white, her delicate train trailing behind her as she held her father's arm. Luciana's hair flowed in the warm breeze, and her smile was radiant. Valencia's queen felt her heartbeat stutter for the first time in her life. A tear escaped her eye as she admired her bride approaching her.

As Luciana's eyes rose and saw Adira, she could not hold back her tears. The woman was breathtaking. She stood, statuesque over the crowd. Adira's beautiful green eyes looked directly into the princess's own. Luciana was so taken by the woman that she almost missed the single tear on Adira's cheek. It must have been the first the woman had ever shed. Luciana smiled brightly as the tears streamed freely down her cheeks. The woman standing there on that pedestal would in a few moments become her bride. Ever regal, ever imposing Adira. Her Adira, her queen.

Finally reaching the pedestal, Luciana gave to her father a hug, and he to her a kiss on the cheek. The princess, with the help of the priest, ascended the steps to stand across from her bride. No member of the audience would contest that the two made a handsome couple, bride and bride.

"Today, we gather to commemorate the union between Queen Adira of Valencia and Princess Luciana of Delphine. You, the audience, will serve as witnesses to this joining."

The articulate, stout man continued, "This marriage is to be a holy union, unifying the kingdoms of Delphine and Valencia so long as you the betrothed shall live..."

The priest's next words faded to a whisper as Adira regarded her bride. She was beautiful, in every sense of the word. Her skin shimmered gold in the sunlight, and her smile was just as radiant. Tears formed in the corners of her eyes, with the joy she felt in that moment. She was overjoyed to pledge her life to a wicked queen. Adira thought to herself that the gods had taken their time on the dazzling creature before her. Alas for the prince who lost this beauty as his bride... Luciana would be hers from now on; for now, and forevermore.

"Queen Adira," the priest addressed. Adira was thrust from her reverie. "As thou wouldst take this maid for thy bride, will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health? And forsaking all others, keep only to her as long as you both shall live?"

"I will."

Luciana placed her ring upon Adira's slender finger.

"And Princess Luciana," he spoke, facing the younger of the two brides. "As thou wouldst take this woman for thy bride, will you obey her and serve her, love, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health? And forsaking all others, keep only to her as long as you both shall live?"

Luciana grinned. "I will."

Adira placed her ring upon her bride's finger.

"You will now recite in unison. I promise myself to thee, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until death do us part."

"I promise myself to thee, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish until death do us part."

Adira smiled brightly at the young woman across from her. "With all my worldly goods, I thee endow."

The priest looked in approval at the two women before him, before addressing the crowd.

"To the Kingdoms of Delphine and Valencia, I do present their excellencies Queen Adira and Princess Luciana of Valencia," the priest announced.

The crowd erupted in applause. It was clear to all that this was to be a happy marriage, ending suffering for many.

"Princess?" Luciana whispered to Adira. "And why am I not called queen?"

"I thought it would be more fitting, my princess," Adira smiled, knowingly.

Luciana could only blush in response. Fortunately, the priest interrupted anything Adira could more embarrass her with.

"You may now embrace your bride."

Taking Luciana her arms and tilting her back, Adira pressed their lips together in a passionate embrace. The princess's eyelashes fluttered closed, as she let herself become lost in the older woman's lips. After a moment, Adira smiled, finally pulling back from her wife. Luciana was hers, mind, body, and soul, and she would not ever let her run away.

In the new brides' honor, a parade was held, the first since Luciana's birth. Luciana looked out of the carriage unto smiling faces, all rejoicing for her marriage. Never in a million years would she imagined that this day would come. That someone as stunningly exquisite as Adira would take her for her bride. A female someone, at that. Interlacing her fingers with Adira's, Luciana smiled at her wife.

"Your little kingdom is quaint, Dear. I like it," the queen muttered, taking in her surroundings. Delphine was bright and sunny on this day. The sky smiled upon the happy couple, as did the onlookers upon the carriage.

"Then we shall have to visit more often," Luciana smiled brightly.

Adira leaned in to place a peck on the lips of her bride. "As often as you'd like, Darling. As often as you'd like."

After the day's festivities, the brides were invited to the Delphine castle to dine with Luciana's parents. Queen Adira's Chicken à la Romanesco was served. Delphine's finest chefs worked for weeks to perfect the recipe after Luciana informed the king and queen of Adira's favorite dish. Despite being unable to acquire the recipe, the chefs prepared the chicken in traditional Delphinoise manner, perfecting the flavor of the Valencian dish. A tall servant placed a large platter in the middle of the dining table, garnished with fresh herbs and smelling wonderful. The king and queen were delighted, hoping to please their daughter's spouse.

One glance at the platter sent the queen into a tantrum. Evidently, Delphine's finest chefs could not cook the dish to her standards. Seeing Adira's expression, the servant took several steps back.

"What is this? This is not a Romanesco!" exclaimed the queen. "Why, this is the sauciest chicken I have ever encountered!"

The king and queen were taken aback. No one in the room expected this behavior from the woman, not after Luciana's spirited letters describing her change...save for Lionel. The king's features set into a scowl, glaring daggers at the woman across the table. He was not surprised at this display from Adira and would act accordingly. Not even the wife of his daughter would be permitted to be so disrespectful in his home. Only a cool hand upon his from his wife calmed his fury. At her guidance, he set sympathetic eyes upon his daughter.

Luciana was on the verge of tears. They had only just been married, and already, Adira was unable to keep her promise. The princess could feel her heart breaking as she regarded her wife sadly.

Encountering silence, Adira took in her surroundings. Everyone was staring at her in fear of what she would do...including her Luciana. She wouldn't allow this to mar her wife's image of her. That simply wouldn't do. Adira quickly reevaluated.

"Which is fine, of course," she added hastily. "I appreciate the...effort."

Adira looked to her wife and was met with an approving smile. "Thank you, Adira," the girl whispered as chatter picked back up around the table. "Thank you for trying your very best for me," she added with a squeeze to the older woman's pale hand.

Adira adjusted their hands so that their fingers were linked. She was thankful for her runaway princess. For every kiss they shared, and every word exchanged. The queen nuzzled into her princess's hair, pressing her lips to her ear. "I will always try my best for you, my bride... For, I love you."

Luciana's heart swelled. This feeling she was experiencing was her present and her future. There was no question now, this was her forever. The powerful older woman who held her so tightly. The princess glanced up, across the table. Her mother and father were smiling at her, Wilhelmina's head resting on her husband's shoulder. They were happy, and she was happy. What a happy day this was, for everyone. Luciana took Adira's face into her small hand, she gazed lovingly into her eyes. Placing a kiss to the woman's red lips, Luciana whispered, "I too love you, my queen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At nightfall, the newlyweds were escorted to their temporary marriage bed by a servant of Delphine. Holding hands all the way, the women strolled to the chambers, chattering softly about the day's events. Both were utterly exhausted from their wedding, and the ensuing parade and dinner. Luciana could not wait to curl up against her wife's bosom and fall into a sound slumber.

After the doors were closed, Adira walked briskly to an ornate box of cedar left on the vanity. She must have had it delivered there, Luciana assumed. The princess was far too tired to inquire about its contents. Stretching and releasing a soft yawn, the princess moved to sit upon the bed and watch her wife curiously.

"What is in there, Adira?" Luciana murmured sleepily. "Can it wait until morning? I am so very exhausted." The princess punctuated this with a yawn.

At this, Adira faced her bride with an incredulous expression. "Darling!" she exclaimed. "But the night has not yet begun!"

"What do you mean?" Luciana frowned.

The queen turned to her princess, and spoke mischievously, "Yet one thing remains to complete tonight, my dear."

"And what is that?" the princess implored innocently.

Adira smiled her wickedest smile, drawing a glass phallus from the box on the vanity. It was attached to leather straps of some sort, and Luciana's eyebrows rose bemusedly.

"Why, to consummate our marriage, of course."

fin