All Comments on 'Hero's Reward'

by S-Des

Sort by:
  • 926 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
very sweet

I had tears in my eyes at several parts in the story. It as the perfect mix of romance and erotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WOW!!!

Absolutely awesome! It kept my undivided attention from start to finish. I wouldn't mind reading more of your work anytime you care to publish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Great story enough said!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
2 big thumbs up

I absolutely love the story, and thank you very much ( this was my 3rd read, first comment ).

Sarah initially stayed in the background, so I thought that she was only an "unrelated volunteer", leaning towards "disfigurement from an accident, maybe burns". Your angle threw in the "lightning strikes twice" Rape/Assault element as previously pointed out **Ouch**; as well as compounded the "Touch / Trust" angle **Ouch again**. Too much pain for the family in my opinion.

Reality Check; The Media would have been "all over it"; yet there was no mention of an interview with Jeff by a reporter; and any decent reporter would have connected the 2 events (Paige and Sarah's attacks) . After all - they want to sell papers & have No Scruples.

You mentioned that Jeff heard a few of the TV reports while he was "Fading In & Out"; so I'd have used it to create a "dream sequence" for Jeff, providing for other avenues of leading to full disclosure (w/o making the family get torn up), maybe to get Don "the cop" more thoroughly involved.

thurerigthurerigover 10 years ago

WOW- So real, so much soul, this was GREAT! 5 stars!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great read.

Continue writing like this & you probably will be our next Nora Roberts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
never

take a knife to a gun fight

2 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
is it

be a des ilu productin

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great read

What a great feel good story. You did a great job. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Probably the best on literotica

I've been reading literotica stories for a long time, but this one .. I can't even describe my feelings in words after reading this. It's not only the best story I read so far on literotica, it's probably one of the best stories I've ever read. I cried and cried and cried until I couldn't cry any more. Five stars are not enough for this one. It deserves a 100.

smc331smc331over 10 years ago
Good stuff!

My second read of this one - and that does not happen that often - most enjoyable!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You stopped too soon!!

Could have added one more chapter to complete this story with a wedding! Other than that, a great and moving read. Now I'm looking for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well done!!!

Would love to read more like this. Please continue

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
wHAT A GREAT READ AND STORY LOVED IT A LOT

Wonderful wonderful story lots of hear and erotic to boot thanks

TargeT_PsYTargeT_PsYover 10 years ago
Amazing

Most of the stories on this site are almost purly about sex with vary little plot involved. Those are good stoies but sometimes leave you wanting. Some of the stories here have plot in them and are pretty good, some are even great. Those are the stories I enjoy reading the most.

Then there are stories like your's. Diamonds in the rough. Pure epic story telling. This one has it all. Well defined charecters with interesting and thought out back stories. A good story ark with a begining middle and end, left slightly open in case you decide to continue.True plot with rewards for the Heros, who have humillity enough to not let the status go to their head, and punisment for the Bad Guys, with out being to over the top or severe. And last, but certinly not least, you have Hot Babes every where, and Athority Figures to keep everone in line, with out getting in the way. Not to mention that you spelling and grammer is way better then mine. You also have a decent length on it (pun intended).

Truly 'Awesome' is the only word to describe this story. Thanks for writing and posting it here for us to enjoy.

5\5 and a Fav from me.

(^_^)

Blessed Be

kzchopperkzchopperover 10 years ago
WONDERFUL!!

Thanks for a great story.

wes2880wes2880over 10 years ago
wow

I lots o times read these stories just to get off. but this one is the first I've read, that got me off several times, but had so much FEELING in it from beginning to end, I got off and felt pissed as fuck, humble as pie, loving as can be, etc... you are a great writer. you made me angry beyond belief, loving, humble, and horny. This is an excellent story... best I've read on the site to date in the 8 years I've been here. Lots have made me horny, but NONE have made me feel horny and everything else... Good show, I'd read anything you write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
great story

great story pretty much says it all

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
emotions

i simply want to know more of what happens in their lives. Quite the rollercoaster of emotions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wow!

I'm a guy. Not supposed to get teary eyed. That was a great, moving story. Thanks.

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
I know I have read S-Des stories

before and the alley fight sounded familiar. I looked at the last page and noticed I had not ranked the story so I was not certain if I read this before. If I have read it before, I'm glad I read it again. 5 stars and favorite story! We never found out how Paige came to be in that alley in that part of town.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
JackOHearts is in Love

What a beautiful story, and full of Love,Tenderness and caring. If it was me, I would have done it the same way. Hope to hear more about it in the future. You have done a great service with the stroke of your pen. Please don't ever stop writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
So

where is the next.. hehehe,,, very good story clean line of thought. But next time you need to add a little more feeling,,,hehehwe again .

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!

I'm a guy, and like other commenters, couldn't avoid tearing up at time...the tenderness, genuine love...the overall tone of the story makes it my favorite thus far... will take a LOT to top it, although Fool's Reward was great as well but just slightly lower! Would love to read a sequel since it appears you are still writing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
you bastard

you made me cry ---sniff------ but i liked it a lot gave you a 5 and im a mean old bastard

Yobo36Yobo36about 10 years ago
Hit the nail on the head.

Great story!!! You touched, with a great build up, all of the true reasons why people should fall in love. The Beauty and the person inside. Excellent insight.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Wonderful, thoughtful story!

This story, so well written, is easily in my top five fav stories, here on Literotica. I keep coming back to it, reading it over again, just trying to savor the wisdom and knowledge of how true love builds between a man and a woman, with complete trust and respect for each other, walking hand-in-hand, as that love blossoms and grows between them.

This will be a marriage, destined to be for each of these lovers, a marriage that will stand the storms of life and the tests of time and still come through, vibrant, strong and happy, this couple loving each other more than ever before!

Damn! I could only hope to write a story, as well as you have written this one!

Thank you so much!

Everything in it, happens for all the RIGHT reasons and this couple, fulfills their destiny for each other, the way a story like this, should end!

Just fantastic writing! Thank you for this wonderful, so positive, happy ending story!

Excuse me, as I close and post this comment, but, I want to go back and reread this story one more time, right now, so I can learn some more wisdom to help me be a better man tomorrow, than I am today!

This story is so unbelievably good and well thought-out/written!

Thank you, again!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
hero's reward

Again a 20.

MoogPlayerMoogPlayeralmost 10 years ago
Love It!!!!!

I've read this story several times, it's in my favorite's list, and it never fails to bring tears to my eyes, thanks S-Des. You're one hell of a writer.

MoogPlayer aka Gerry

AJPhynnAJPhynnalmost 10 years ago
Thank you

Really glad that I came across this one - I've never read any of your stories before, but will certainly go through your list now. Just makes you wonder how much more tolerant we all might be if we didn't let our eyes prejudice our thoughts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Touched

You have reached inside and found real .Great Job ! Thank You

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
Nice!

Nice to read a true love story for a change! Keep them coming, it helps to balance the rest!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
THE BEST

I have never read a better story than this. I have to let you and anyone else who reads this comment that I am more than a bit moved and have to hope others feel the same. You handled the situations better than authors of the many books of different types I have had the pleasure of reading. Please accept my congratulations and thanks. It could not have come at a better time.

JPBVJPBValmost 10 years ago
self defense

Best argument for men & women to legally carry a concealed firearm I've ever read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Tender

Very glad I read this story. You have the talent. Keep writing.

Past_RegretsPast_Regretsalmost 10 years ago
From the Heart

You managed to pull all the heart string from anger to fear to passion finally to heart felt joy. Outstanding story, job well done.

whytlionwhytlionalmost 10 years ago
First Comment

I have read many stories on this site and have not read one that I felt so strongly to comment on. I LOVED this story. I was beautifully written. I wish I could have given it more stars. I was even compelled to create an account because I did not want to be anonymous. FANTASTIC!!!!

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42almost 10 years ago
Wonderfully fulfilling story

I have been investing much time into my regular reading on literotica for a long time and I have read many fine stories.......and could not ever pick a single one as the best, but certainly this story has entered and will always remain in my "Best Group." Wonderful wordsmithing. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A real HERO

Wow! The best I've read so far! Please let there be a sequel!

connoisseur29connoisseur29over 9 years ago
*****

Posolutley, absatively, fantabulous! I kinda liked it, whadayathink? Good writing, good plot, all in all, a terrific romantic story. Danka, mein herr! Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
very good story

I was thoroughly touched by this story 5+ stars

jtw0978jtw0978over 9 years ago
more

Add more like dud you get married

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wonderful Story, Good Plot For A Movie

Fine story, great detail, especially the plot.

*****plus

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
one of the best in literotica

I had read this about 4 times. Thank you for posting such a wonderful story. I'm looking forward to read more great stories from you........

smith1599smith1599over 9 years ago
Please continue

Rare is the narrative that has a life force of its own -- such as this entire piece. Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
there is still good in people

this is one of the best stories that I have ever read about It brought

tears to my eyes and laughter to my heart well done you did a great job

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow

This story was so amazing that I skipped the sex parts. Wow

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
A True Feel Good Story!!

Yes, a fantastic story. I didn't know what to expect as I started reading, but wow, was I amazed. These 2 people are people I would be honored to call friends. (I do understand that it is fiction, but I really hope that there are people like this in the real world.) Thank You for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
best story

Awesome fantastic

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Beautiful.

I clicked on this story expecting the usual fix. What I did not expect was an emotional journey that kept my attention from start to finish. Just wonderful all around. Great Job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sorry a 5 is all I can give.

Awesome story. Would give it a 100 if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yhank you

I have been trying to get over a heart break, and I was reading tonight to try to get my mind to relax, and really just escape for just a little while. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. You soothed a US Marine's soul tonight.

Semper Fi

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I forgot they are not real people

Incredible character development and what a wonderful

story of Courage, Caring and Love. Thank you

for a fantastic journey!

Don't stop writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Nicely Done!

This was lovely--thank you!

friendly6977friendly6977over 9 years ago
EXCELLENT STORY!

Probably the BEST story I have EVER read on Literotica and I've been here about 25 years! Passionate yet not too sex reliant...a sequel would be FANTASTIC although difficult to top this one...maybe marriage, kids, illness, Paige involved...if anyone can do it, YOU can!

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
thank you S-Des for a wonderful story

You transformed the characters and made them come alive as people we cared about. This is not my first time to read Hero's Reward and it was even better this time. I hope you are paying attention to the comments still being left this long after it was written. The praise is glowing and well deserved. Some commenters expressed their desire for an additional chapter telling us about the meeting with Steven, The volunteer sessions with the children at the hospital, a possible wedding, etc. I have mixed feelings, my imagination is telling me so many ways they live happily ever after with their own family while at the same time would love to hear what you thought happened. But, that is the mark of a good story by a creative writer, also evidenced by over 800 "favorites".

Well done and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
THANK YOU!

A stunningly beautiful story. It touched me deeply.

cliuincliuinover 9 years ago
Touching

And that is a hero! Not for the fight but for healing Sarah wounds !

friendly6977friendly6977over 9 years ago
Awesome reading!

Have probably reread this story 20 times or more! Always brings out the best emotions!

FullCircle56FullCircle56over 9 years ago
Still A Great Story

Have read this a number of times and it's still an entertaining read. Thanks.

jaycoxjaycoxover 9 years ago
Incredibly beautiful

A truly beautiful, poetic story of deep love and redemption. Two injured souls trying desperately to reach each other. The sensitivity of your sex scenes, the tenderness of actions and the patience of Jeff in bringing her back to sexual life are too fantastic for words. I love your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
beautiful story!

Thank you so much for writing this piece. It's so well written and you took the time to build the story up while maintaining a gentleness throughout. Love it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
GREAT STORY

A TRUE LOVE STORY. IT IS IN MY FAVORITES. PLEASE WRITE MORE ABOUT SARAH AND JEFF. 5 STARS PLUS

RON TEXAS

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
HE DIDNT SAY I LOVE YOU BACK! >:(

My only complaint , everything else was downright perfect (:

QueijadaQueijadaover 9 years ago
Wow

i can't begin to describe how this story made me feel, so i'll just say that Jaycox said it all... it was simply perfect

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
OUTSTANDING

I had to give it a 5 because there was no 6. Have been reading Literotica for years and this is only the second comment I have made. Best story I've read so far. My only regret is that there wasn't more. Thank you and I'm looking forward to more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
lovely!

I usually don't read stories in the romance section of literotica but this one caught my eye for some reason. Very beautifully written. I felt myself rooting for the characters; very real and honest and a happily-ever-after ending that was both credible and sentimental. Well done!

Thanks for sharing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great

I think this story is one of the best I have read.I think its up there with the best authers on this site and there are some very good ones.

Bd4554Bd4554over 9 years ago
Beautiful, beautiful story

This was a pleasure to read, so full of good characters with deep human emotions. Well crafted technically and very creative, this story is one of the very best here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Wow..what a great emotionally power pack story I read in a long long time. Plot was superb.keep repeating ...I am waiting further more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Incredible example of what a 5 star story should be...

Outstanding!!! So many of the stories here get high ratings for being nothing more than mindless cyber-wanking festivals. Add enough "cums" and "heaving breasts" and "exploding orgasms" and joila! This tale is thoughtfully told, carefully edited for syntax and effectiveness. Great work.

kalonaleighkalonaleighabout 9 years ago
Awesome!!!

Another great read!!!

Welee58Welee58about 9 years ago
what took me so long

I had this story tagged to read for four or five months,somehow just never getting to it. how stupid was I. This is one of the most beautiful and fulfilling stories I have been privileged to read since I found this site. It immediately became one of my favorites and if I could rank my favorites it would be at the top of the list tied with and in very good company with a story titled check "yes"or"no". This is the first piece of yours that I have read but I can say without a doubt that I will be reading everything else of yours that I can find. You really touched my heart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Fine work

This is the second or third time I've read this (Maybe be more) but each time I do I find myself liking it even more It's one of the best here!

BobM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Total Awe O.O

Wow. I loved it!!!! But... the ending man!!!!! :'( LoL the ending really surprised the shit out of me! Now I want to see more

#FeedMeMore

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow

Please keep writing.

You are a gifted author.

Good luck

Esbee

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
one of my favorites

It is really a good story and the way it starts out you would never think it could end in such a love story. It is in my favorites and have read it many times.

Ron Texas

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
One of my favorites ...

like "Sales Team", by Cat5. Really top drawer!

Sam37Sam37about 9 years ago
I read this one again

And loved it even more than the first time. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
A soft-hearted masterwork

Incredibly touching, sensitive, and insightful. In some way, this story reminds me of Dante's journey: the idle man resurrects through suffering and a woman-angel's love. Sorry my English, I'm Italian. Thank you for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I Loved It !

What a wonderful, sweet story. it's now one of my favorites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
beautiful and liberating

Thank you for sharing. I loved it

BestreadingBestreadingabout 9 years ago
Enjoyable

Easy read, and keeps your interest. I like it. Keep them coming.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
favorites

In my favorites. Read it many times. Hoping for a sequil.

Ron

cowboyridecc@yahoo.com

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
thanks for a great story

well done

Man4LivingMan4Livingalmost 9 years ago
Superb story

A brilliantly paced story from beginning to end. I almost regretted when the unrequited passion turned to full-on sex but you did it well.

ausvirgoausvirgoalmost 9 years ago
Fantastic story.

I loved this story.

Much as I'd love to see a sequel, you completed this story nicely, and a sequel just wouldn't be appropriate. The only way it would work would not really be a sequel so much as a "same fictional world" story with some of the same characters. Anything else would probably seem a little contrived.

While you could have legitimately spun out the sexual tension longer by having Sarah not be ready to "go all the way" so soon, not doing so was not a negative, just perhaps a lack of a bonus.

As I said, I loved this story. This was the first of yours I've read, so now I'll have to check out the rest. :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
a well told story

a nice start bill up to a well down climax. couldn'thae ended amy better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Great story

The story is great why not continue it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Damn sweet!

Nice story! Epilogue request? Please?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Hope

S-Des,

This is one of the most remarkable stories that I have ever read. At the age of 51, I have tears rolling down my face with the realization that Yes, there is hope for all of us scarred or not, visual or not.

5 years ago I stopped four guys in the middle of attempting to rape a young lady, during the ensuing battle, one of the guys smashed the back of my skull in with a shovel.

Not sure of why I found myself on the ground slipping in what I then thought was water, only to find out later that it was my own blood, I managed to pick myself up and, be it an adrenaline rush or Irish stupidity, I somehow managed to get the young lady and her two small children to safety before losing consciousness.

Today, I live on heavy medication to keep me alive, but I revel in the fact that she did not get raped and I am still alive to tell the tale, and a good single father to my "Chick", my nine year old autistic daughter.

Who knows, one day I might find that all too allusive love of my life as well.

Thank you for a brilliantly told story with a definite message of hope to all...

Manwolff

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
love wins out

The second best story. And also magnificent!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Awesome

I love the story. It gives me hope that there are good people out there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Best EVER!

I just re-read this story for the umpteenth time and it still brought tears to my eyes! A sequel would be AWESOME!

MoogPlayerMoogPlayeralmost 9 years ago
This is the best!

I think the rewrite really had the intended effect on the reader that you initially had planned for when you first penned this outstanding tale. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
whatta waste type

hated 1st page so rated F-

1 star 4 worthless latino/tina/afro monkey crap

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

This is the second time I read this. It was some time ago so I do not know if I voted or not, but you deserved a vote at least 2x what a 5 is worth. You are a good story teller, a great story teller could cover the sex giving the picture without the detail,but you are still worth my vote and my praise. I will look at more of your work and see if this is just one of a kind or, as I hope, continuous result.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
One of your best, and one of LW's all-time bests! Thank You!!

To critique this story would require going to a much higher level of analysis, like what you might do for any other great classic. And I don't have the time nor see the need. This is one of those stories that simply speaks for itself. It is very good, and I am very grateful you wrote it. Thank You for your time and talent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Second time around, still love it!! :). Thanks for writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wordless

It is so hard to put into words how this story made me feel. Amazing writing and a enjoyable story and plot. Thank you for writing this.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous