All Comments on 'Hero's Reward'

by S-Des

Sort by:
  • 926 Comments (Page 2)
Scotsman69Scotsman69over 12 years ago
What an amazingly beautiful story.

Writing of the highest quality. Recommended reading.

jamesdandyjamesdandyover 12 years ago
Very heartwarming

Very good story. Very well written. Loved it!

doodlesdaddoodlesdadover 12 years ago
broke hero?

He got the girl, but he's still got that pile of bills!. Oh, well, everything can't be perfect. ;)

rockthedogrockthedogover 12 years ago
Fantastic story

Extremely well written and enjoyed it from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
absolutely brilliant.

I have not read anything close to this standard in a long time one of the all time greatest in my opinion well done pal.

MattAkerMattAkerover 12 years ago

I wish that I could give 6 stars lol. Amazing, beautiful lovestory, thanks so much...

hathorbr1hathorbr1over 12 years ago
Amazing story!!!

I loved this story! it made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside like stories like this should. Wonderful Job!

cueball961cueball961over 12 years ago
Amazing!

What a wonderful story! This one had it all, in spades. The action was there, the romance as well. The sex scenes were highly erotic and completely realistic. A great example of this was how cautiously Jeff made love to Sarah, giving her time to overcome any hesitancy that a rape victim would certainly feel. The conflict that Jeff and Sarah went through arriving at their mutual love for each other carried the reader along with them. I could feel the frustration myself, as well as understanding the deep and powerful dark emotions that were in their way.

The story was written near perfectly. The plot was excellent and the characters were so richly drawn as to seem like old friends. That skill in and of itself takes a great deal of talent and you have it on a deep level. The greatest skill of all was to make the reader so highly invested in this love affair that you just had to nearly cheer when they arrived at the joyful conclusion. Here were two people who had come through their own private hell and arrived in Paradise together. Five full stars was what I had to give. Anything less would have been an insult of the highest order. Congratulations and thanks for brightening my day!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Excellent

This was one of the best pieces of literature that i have ever read. The armosphere and emotions that are needed in Romance were there. Keep up the good work.

P.S. It made me feel warm and fuzzy because Jeff's character reminded me of myself

BlackHeart521BlackHeart521over 12 years ago
unbelieveble

i cant believe how good this story is. than you sir for making my (and not only my) day. keep up the good work.

you are one of the rare writers here who are in my favorite list now :)

Romancegirl1963Romancegirl1963over 12 years ago
Loved it

I love this story so much. Thank you! Imperfect people can find passion too! I really enjoyed this. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Regarding Hero's Reward

Very Touching, sensitive story. Plus sexxy! I really enjoyed!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great Story!

The drama, mystery, emotion, intimacy and connection or the two lovers was very intense. A very rewarding tale. Thank you very much! a '5' for sure. SFeconomist

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
All I can say is WOW!!!

No wonder this was favorited by 166 people. Looks like I'll have to make that 167! Can't think of one I've read here that I like better. You have some incredible talent! Love the way you build the story and the fact that you have enough 'class' to use juvenile language sparingly. First story I've read with your name on top but if the rest of them are even remotely close to this one in literary quality, it certainly won't be the last!!

Thanks for a brilliantly enjoyable piece!

bushpig123bushpig123about 12 years ago
Outstanding

It,s not very often you read a story with all the senses of the reader touched in some way, The story had pathos ,love intrigue tenderness,..The only wish I have is that the story went a bit further to imcompass the family story to iclude,perhaps ,a family for the two of them,plus a little more of Dad and Paige,but all in all a wonderfully written story,aclass above most stories on literotica..Jay Well done mate

Scorpio44Scorpio44about 12 years ago
Thank you for writing this story..

thanks for sharing it with us.

Sid0604Sid0604about 12 years ago
Thank you

Hey..... what a great story. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Thank you. Sid

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Great read

One of the best stories I have read here. Keep it up.

Paul

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Hero's Reward

great story when are you writing chapter 2

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Brilliant

Brilliant sums it all up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
the best iv<e read

fantastic please give me more it is out there with the best ever written

herbie77herbie77about 12 years ago
Very good story

Even though I had a pretty good inkling as to how it would evolve.

There were enough clues. But in any case it was superbly written and a damned good story.

count2threecount2threeabout 12 years ago
Awesome!

The real wounds after a rape aren't on the body but on the soul. Thats the real cruelty of this crime, that you give somebody a lifetime of pain for 3 minutes of 'pleasure' (although I think rape isn't about pleasure but about control and passiv-agressive violence, its no coincidence that rapists are wimpy weak men in almost all cases)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

Awesome, awesome story. Wish you'd come back and write more! You write great stuff!

PhotoproffPhotoproffalmost 12 years ago
Mixed up thought

At first when Sarah was being nice to him, I thought she might be a nun. Never thinking about a victim of rape. You fooled me and I loved it. GREAT STORY>

buttman52buttman52almost 12 years ago
WOW

Please keep on writing and I will keep on reading.

RePhilRePhilalmost 12 years ago
Simply the best story

I have ever read on this site. And I have read many!!

EgoTrixiEgoTrixialmost 12 years ago
Wonderful, one of the best

I enjoyed reading this story extremely. Keep on the good work...love to read more.

bigglesbigglesalmost 12 years ago
Outstanding

I think you are wasted on here.

Very very nice work. Now we all have something to aspire to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Many Thanks and Good Ju-Ju to you!

The story was phenomenal. Incredibly relatable, very realistic, well versed, expertly written, thoroughly researched- many thanks to you indeed. As a woman whose virginity was taken in the same manner as Sarah, I think the scar was just drastic enough. If you had made her disfigurement any worse, I'm afraid out would have robbed the story of some of it's necessary polish. Speaking in terms of literary devices, the scar aptly explains the feelings trauma victims have, they carry the built around long after the event, and, much like a facial scar, they believe that the world recognizes them as 'damaged goods.' Also, the blemish makes the stand-off-ish-ness easier to play off so that the story runs quickly and smoothly. If she had just been raped, I'm sad to say, her character wouldn't have been 'unusual' enough to be special. The story would've gone along the lines of all my relationships, which is that the guilt that I carry and the walls that I've built are ends that do not justify the means. People don't understand how much damage oneevent can have, they think we can just get over it and move on. This story I'd the first that her feelings and reactions were very shockingly close to what I felt, I've never encountered that before. This story helped me work through emotions that I gave carried with me for damn near seven years, and for that, I commit express my gratitude.

Keep up the good work and remember, naysayers gonna naysay.

Xoxo,

The Kitty Named Kida

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Overwhelmed

I found myself hopeing that they would get together, wishing that he could find a way to earn her trust. when it finally happened I had tears in my eyes...This coming from a straight man. Thank you for your wonderful gift of the written word...More Please

hillsofarkhillsofarkover 11 years ago
3rd time I have read it. Excellent

I can always read a good love story.

DawnJDawnJover 11 years ago
I must agree with Biggles...

...you are definitely wasted on here! And you don't need me, obviously! This is a wonderful evocation of true love, with some delicious sex into the bargain! Jolly good show, as they say in the UK! :)

Handley_PageHandley_Pageover 11 years ago
Excelent

A story exploring reactions to problems, with some decent sex thrown in.

Damned good story, well written and executed.

HP

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
very beautiful

Dude ur story is very touching and beautifully written and the slow buildup was the best

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I'm a 64 yr old bawl bag

That story touched this old cowboy deeply thank you so much for sharing a story about my friends Jeff and Sarah.

GrrrreatImaginationGrrrreatImaginationover 11 years ago
Beautifully done.

This is a rare moment. I don't have anything else to say. It was simply beautiful. Thanks.

lvtooeatlvtooeatover 11 years ago
Wonderful!!!

What a gorgeous story. Storyline flowed like honey..with the ups and downs of a rollercoaster. Thank you for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

This was really a good story. It was short and sweet and FINISHED! I'm all about finished stories that I can enjoy. I like that it was not all about sex and you did a great job building the characters up. Now, Paige needs a another HERO her own age, lol.

Richie4110Richie4110over 11 years ago
The most poignant love story I've read

This narrative is the most compelling short story read I've ever experienced. Based on the litero rating system this should be a 10 out of 5. There just isn't a similar story of empathy and character development that fills the heart with the desire for more. I would to hear the rest of the story but I understand that keeping the story at this high pitch would be very difficult, if not impossible.

This offering definitely drives me to read the rest of S-Des's stories.

Thanks and best regards for a magnificent effort.

kluafkluafover 11 years ago
6******

This story needs at least 6 stars!!!!!!!!!! Its that damn good!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
BRAVO BRAVO!!!!

EXCELLENTLY WRITTEN, PLOT IMPECABLE...AMAZING!! WILL LOOK FOR OTHER WORKS YOU HAVE DONE! KEEP IT UP!!!

JonnyfliesJonnyfliesover 11 years ago
Wow!

I am in awe! What a story.

Thank you, I truly enjoyed this soft gentle build up, to the climax of the ending.

A really masterful level of control to draw your reader into the story until I really cared about what happened to the characters.

That's what makes a story, getting your readers to feel for them and mentally interact with them.

This did all that and more.

dave_magicdave_magicover 11 years ago
Sometimes it is Destiny

They say there is always someone out there for you and this story proves it. Well written and now I know what was meant when the author said, these characters mean something to me. Thank you for sharing this story, truly made my day!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
one of the best ever, i give this story a 150..

whow ,what a well written story. nnow a squell with him marring her and having kids and living happyly ever after. maybe fixing her scar..

redsox04meredsox04meover 11 years ago
One of the Best!!!!

Alot of us have wounds in their lives maybe not physical,but they are there.It is stories like these that puts a smile on our faces even if just for a few moments.This story gives me a great feeling that all is not lost in the world and there are good people still around.Thanks for the writing.You should do alot more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
The Best

Number one in my book.Great writing and a wonderful story.

HansTrimbleHansTrimbleover 11 years ago
I'd like to say more, but . . .

this story left me so wrung out that I just couldn't find the words right now. Besides, I'm crying like a little kid. Wow!

gregbabegregbabeover 11 years ago
Incredible Story!!

The first of your submissions that we've read (and definitely won't be the last, either.)

It's thrilling, motivating, erotic, and great ending!

gregbabe

carvohicarvohiover 11 years ago
Wow!

First the bad-the sex at the end was almost totally unnecessary. Actually they weren't having sex were they; they were making love. By the time I got to the end all I wanted was to sit in and listen to them talk to each other. You could have taken them back and forth to the doctors, her parents, to the park, to the place where the roller coaster was. Jeff could have nursed her like she'd nursed him. I just wanted to hang out with them. I fell in love with your characters. I have some stuff on Literotica too, and I know exactly how you feel. They are your people. They belong to you. Well I'm damn glad you shared them with everybody. I feel good, real good. Would you please check out my story A fool Stumbles into Love. Your opinion would be of great value to me. Back to your story; I especially loved it that the heroine wasn't Paige, the girl everyone probably expects, but her damaged sister. I liked how at the end our hero was able to rescue the second sister. The thing with the cop was troublesome; for a moment I was afraid he was Sarah's boyfriend. You probably ought to rewrite the story again. What about the things Paige said to Sarah? Sarah's fears. What did Sarah's dad say? What about Jeff's sister and her thoughts. A wedding wouldn't have been a bad idea either, kids of their own. Come on; we need more detail. This story isn't finished yet. Get back to work

eWomaneWomanover 11 years ago
Sensuous...

way beyond expectations! You've got it all -- and it's all put together just right. Truly, I saw 6 pages and only started reading just to see -- didn't stop till I read the last word.

It's a whole new level of 'romance' (whatever that is). A remarkable achievement. Take care...and when you get the time and energy...let us hear from you again.

WistempWistempover 11 years ago
Just a disclaimer:

I gave this story 5 stars only because I COULDN'T GIVE IT 12 STARS! Terrific characters, terrific story, want to read more of your stuff!

phil2213phil2213over 11 years ago
Touching fantastic

I have a lot to say but I don't have your skills so here it goes. The story flowed nicely with the hook of emotion and feeling pumping the hook irresistibly deeper. The characters were well defined and vivid. The scenes were clear and vivid as well .The writing was sheer genius. The main characters were very vulnerable and touchable. The drama and tension was overwhelming . Jeff was a hero twice saving Paige then Sarah. The outcome was fantastic but ending too abruptly. The storyw begs for a sequel. The next day meet with Paige and her dad Steven would be well enjoyed as icing on the cake. An engagement plastic surgery a wedding with Paige as maid of honor an invitation to Jeff to the White to receive an award and be recognized at the state of the union address. Why send flowers when you can send fields of them? The story is a dream a fantasy and as fantasies go make it a whopper. Thank you for your effort and this wonderful holiday from reality.

hanibtorrhanibtorrover 11 years ago
What a Great Story

Loved Your Story! Just Great. Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well Done!

The comments I've read already tell you it's a wonderful story, well written, and very emotional. I just want to add a note of appreciation for your work. Mike

tompo296tompo296about 11 years ago
what a superb story

I thoroughly enjoyed this story, full of emotion and pathos. Well done

TNSr5rTNSr5rabout 11 years ago
AWESOME!!!

Your story was absolutely awesome! You treated a horribly traumatic issue with warmth and sensitivity. You told a realistic story very realistically. I loved it. Your story was clearly more about love than sex, but it was still a sexy story. You are a great author.

bseeker6969bseeker6969about 11 years ago
A feel good story

'nuff said.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Beautiful

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
abeautiful

I loved it. Beautiful descriptions. Guhh i just lived it.

timebomber427timebomber427about 11 years ago
Insta-fave

This. Was. Amazing. For once, I know what it means to have no words to adequately describe something, and this is it. Simply, amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Just lovely...

Really enjjyed reading the story. fewer tissues now than when I began! Thanks for a well written and engaging story.

Dave in Oz

ImHappynBPImHappynBPabout 11 years ago
Get off your butt

I see that you wrote this story in 2006. Quit loafing. Finish this story. You created character I want to know more about. How does this damaged woman continue? Wedding? Kids? Plastic surgery? Good Heavens, with your talent do you really think you don't owe us more?

Archangel_MArchangel_Mabout 11 years ago

If you're not paying for a story, the author doesn't owe you diddly.

Besides, what's wrong with an open ending? I think this story is perfect as-is. :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Tender...

The lightning striking twice in one family was the only thing that drew me away from the flow. Otherwise a tender handling of a tough subject. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Well done

I'm 40. That story was so touching for me. I met a girl years ago who suffered as a rape victim. Thank you for renewing my patience in maintaining my relationship with her. We are still friends, but she is scared to be intimate with me. My love for her allows me to wait. Thank you 1000 times!

vazkor13vazkor13about 11 years ago
I love it

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
@Tender

Sad to say, but I personally know a Mother and Daughter that were date raped about 18 years apart. Neither told anyone until years later. No prosecution, no charges nobody went to jail.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Hero's reward

A touching, tender, tremendous story... Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Not porn

This is the most touching story I have ever read. I had the same thing happen to me, so know how the feelings were at the time. If this was made up, then it was very good to great imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
I needed this

I think we all needed to hear something like this. A hero, a damsel in distress and the hero wining in the end. It all comes down to one simple thing in life. Love trumps everything. Everything. We all feel it, we all need it, no matter what.

A wonderful story.

FullCircle56FullCircle56almost 11 years ago
Still a Great Story

Reread this story again for about the 5th time. Each time I read it I come away with a good feeling. A testament to the author. It's always great when the hero wins in the end. True love conquers all.

Kind of hard to repeat a success story. But would love to see this author keep it up. Still 5 stars in my book!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Beautiful Story!

Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
What a GREAT Read

I came here to read some Erotica and end up reading a Beautiful story.(I laughed and cried).. I have read most of Janet Evanovich books and think this one is as moving as hers.

technowildytechnowildyalmost 11 years ago
My Opinion

This is a brilliant story, everything about it was brilliant. If you do consider a sequel please do not have her go for plastic surgery, her scar is the main source of her character and if you get rid of that you may as well get rid of her. Please, please consider a sequel.

connoisseur29connoisseur29almost 11 years ago
Deep

Good show! If one is not in the field, it must have taken a bit of research to come up with the psychobabble expressed betwixt the doctor and former patient about Sarah. A stirring and romantic tale. Thank you, S-Des & Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Beautiful Story

Wonderful story, great character development, lots of emotional moments and a satisfying ending. Thank you for writing such a story for all to enjoy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Excellent read the 1st thru 4th times.

Well done period. Even the punctuation nazis can't whine but the entire story just seems to pop back up for me every so often as an omen I guess.

A follow on or the next chapter would be an excellent addition to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Sweet and Sexy

This was such an amazing story... All guy's who read this should take note's: This is how you help a girl you love the first time after a rape...

I wouldn't mind reading a Part 2...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Damn good story, very well written.

As I said, a damn good story and very well written.

Talented writer.

ManInGroveManInGrovealmost 11 years ago
Very moving & very well written

The sex was good, but I actually got involved with the characters, which was great.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago
Enjoyed it

The scene where they first have sex seems a bit out of place given her past. She has sex with him, but for some reason can't talk to him? Seems contradictory.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Movie material

This story would make abetter porn movie than 99% of them out there! Has dialogue, a plot, etc///

LechemanLechemanalmost 11 years ago
Wow and Wow Again

You have taken something so incredibly intimate to those involved in this story and conveyed it eloquently. Truly well written and a pleasure to read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
beautiful

Beautiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great characters!

A really feel good story. The characters were so real I forgot I was reading a story.

SatanJDSatanJDover 10 years ago
Loved It!

That was an amazing and sweet story, meaty without being a huge long read. Great characters as well. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wonderfully done.

I came across this one and thought it would be usual erotica and fluff sex. I couldn't stop reading and you made me feel involved with the characters and their feelings and wanting to see the outcome. Very well done and I thank you for sharing this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

well written ... characters came alive with a subtleness that made me part of their lives and left me sad when we parted ... good work..

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
BEST STORY EVER

That was the best story I have ever read. This was just love, that's what I was looking for, I hope that I will find a girl like Sarah one day ...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Well done sir

Very well written. Good flow. Glad I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
passion

I haven't read a story with so much feeling and really thank you for writing it. Life tends to be confusing when one is lost. This is one of those moments when you understand what life can give you. Thank you. Bob

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 10 years ago

Well you totally overwhelmed this old 75 year old Senior and I thank you for that.

Just an outstanding story line, well told, with consummate writing talent.

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesover 10 years ago
it gets me every time

i've read this great story a few times now. you'd think that by now i wouldn't cry at the end.

five out of five, again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
nada

likey

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Part 2?

This story is a great read. Just what I was looking for and very grateful to have come across it. I've read some of the comments and haven't noticed anybody asking for a part 2 rendition. Would you consider part 2? Maybe starting with the meeting in the morning Paige? Continuing on with the relationship and the meeting with Dad? Just saying!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Very good story. I liked it very much. Not just slam bang thank you ma'am kind.

Thank You

gofish126gofish126over 10 years ago

Very emotional and wonderful story . I would like to read part two.

Your story also brought tears

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

Absolutely amazingly beautiful story! Thank you for taking the time to write it! :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous