All Comments on 'Hesitant Heat'

by Rambling_Chantrix

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
koosewatcherkoosewatcherabout 5 years ago
You know what we call Country Rap?

You missed the rise in assaults on Jews and the assaults on Conservatives on Campus. But then, the news you watch isn't showing those. Not reading this Ciuntry Rap!

moblanemoblaneabout 5 years ago
Wow

Fantastic writing, it jumped off the page to me, I understood it.... AM I REALLY THAT WEIRD? You did an amazing job of describing a truly deep and strange relationship, Great Job, Thank You

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Fool

I read the first few paragraphs after being told of this rediculous site by someone who I would classify as an aquaintance..never mind the conversation we had but I disagree with his political views.

Hence; after seeing this site and understandingbits content, after reading tour dorat feq paragraphs, I've fot two points to make. FIRST I now underatand why rhe left is ao fucked up mentally as people like you are ai desperate to be somewhere of importance. yet to have dound that place. SECOND. You don't politically know your ass from a hole in the ground. (Study your history of the political parties..The left is by far the racist party and you are using that lie you carry as a platsform for your failed attempt to be someone. OH ! Wait...theres one more...do you really think using this site as a basis for your political views and /or relationship views would cast you into the limelight? Certainly not as an author, nor as an experr on any doolish subjext ypu have here..I hope you never raise children of your own...

Rambling_ChantrixRambling_Chantrixabout 5 years agoAuthor
Feverish Fantasy

Thanks for the views, votes, and comments everyone! Every bit of feedback helps me improve my art.

I am especially grateful for @moblane for the kind comments, and the reassurance that there's someone who "gets" what I'm trying to do here.

Without defending or denouncing any political strain, I'd like to point out, for any readers who get this far, that this is *fantasy*. It is not a prediction. It is not a description. None of the main characters is me. They all have flaws. They also all have sex. I hope you can enjoy the sex they have even if you disagree with their politics. Your favorite sex workers probably don't agree with everything you believe.

<3

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
re: anonymous- fool

The ravings of an uneducated deplorable moron. You sound like you're short a load or two. Fucking idiot, get an education, learn how to spell and write and think for yourself before making any more stupid comments. Fuck off, you brainless twit. This is a porn site not a political forum for idiots like you. ONE STAR for allowing political rants.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
What?

What was the point of this entire story? Without the politics, it wasn't much clearer. But at least it would be shorter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

Súper good, super hot, and refreshingly substantive. Please keep writing!

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 5 years ago
The only thing more ridiculous than this story

Inaccurate political opinions.

To RC, thanks for trying. This rambling is not a rose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Thank you!

Amazing. Leaving out from the picture the social background - which is no doubt much clearer to a reader belonging to the same cultural group - everything in this story is outstandingly witty and vivid.

I hated the protagonist’s passive behaviour, his self-imposed impotence, and yet his misunderstandings felt so incredibly relatable. His smartness fascinating. His thoughts unconventional. To a certain degree, his thoughts and behaviours were truly akin to those of a highly-functional autistic individual. Truth be told, it was slightly disconcerting: as someone affected and yet a completely functional member of society, that was probably one of the closest representations of empathy-related problems in autism that I’ve ever read. Of course, it might be just me over-analyzing.

Paragraphs ought to be spent on commenting the rest of the characters - alas, I’m making this unsightly long.

I’ll keep it short(er) by adding just a quick thoght: you set the perfect tone and atmosphere for a dystopian novel. I’d buy - and love to read - a book set in this universe.

I hope you’ll keep this story going. Thanks for this piece, it’s a rare gem. Thank you.

InsigniaInsigniaabout 5 years ago
A unique character set

The beginning was a little confusing. Not sure if the background was needed at the very start. It might play better in dialogue. The pedastal image is really profound and not explored nearly enough in erotic writing. Its nice that you begin to explore it. It would be interesting to read what he has written. This story has a nice pace and cadence. Very enjoyable. Thanks for sharing it. 5* easy.

Rambling_ChantrixRambling_Chantrixabout 5 years agoAuthor
Some replies . . .

Thanks all for the discussion! I'll try responding to a few different threads here. In general, I am greatly appreciative of all input, positive or negative.

@26thNC - at risk of taking your question too seriously, this story is roughly about three things:

1. how hard it is to be honest

2. how counterproductive it can be to over-rationalize or over-narrativize one's experience

3. how important it is to respect women

@Anonymous "Thank you!" - I did not set out to write a high-functioning autistic viewpoint, but I do believe that all these things exist on spectra, and perhaps my narrator is somewhere on there. I love writing characters who make incorrect assumptions—to me, this is more real than characters who understand everything—and I put a lot of that into this story's nameless protagonist. I'm so happy that you wanted to really tangle with the content. Right now, there are no plans to continue this particular story, but this kinky fox girl has a lot more words to share 🦊

@Insignia - Thanks for the substantive structural critique! You may be right. I wrote most of this story in a haze, in a single sitting, and didn't really go back to question the structure. Thank you for your insights, and have a nice day!

ohioohioabout 5 years ago
Challenging and worthwhile

A complex story, which is in that respect a far cry from most of what is posted here (not that complex is better than simple--both can be great). It was hot at times, but because there were interesting and hard-to-read, ever-shifting dynamics going on among the characters, it's not really mainly a sex story at all.

I liked it a lot, and am happy that the 3 main points the author outlined as goals in her comment seemed to me to be exactly what her story was conveying. So you've got at least one new fan who will look forward to your next stories!

Well-done, and thanks--

ohio

bruce22bruce22about 5 years ago
Solidarity with Insignia on this one

Leaving out the political turmoil, This was a very beautiful tale which has a "happy" of a type that was never in my fantasies. Now that I am out of the game (80+) I will have to revisa mY appreciation 2 + 1 settings. That was a powerful scene!

BenLongBenLongover 1 year ago

Damn Chantrix, I thought maybe I'd skipped a cog, started reading the comments, and all I'm seeing is comments on politics? What politics are they talking about... Oh those politics the first page, first paragraph descriptions of what "could" have been real events? A rambling rant by a Fool - have you ever noticed that guys like fool are quick to point out the splinter in your eye, while missing the log in their own?

But about the story - fantastic! Phenomenal! Hot! I've got an old girlfriend or two that there is still a bit of a longing for - as well as a girlfriend or two where I have to say "thank god I missed a close one there." You've captured it all, in particular what I like is that love doesn't have to be exclusive. We can love more than one person, we can share ourselves with others - without diminishing the love for our significant other. Maybe not all can but some can.

An amazing story. Thanks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRambling_Chantrix@Rambling_Chantrix
6/8/23 - ... I've still just been writing Witch From Mercury smut. A lot of it. If you want angsty degeneracy with a side of lesbian mecha pilot, check https://archiveofourown.org/users/Rambling_Chantrix/ !! # I'm just a kinky fox girl with too many words. You can find my ot...