All Comments on 'Hide Your Heart'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 120 Comments
AngelRiderAngelRiderover 1 year ago

I don't usually go for the supermodel with the average joe but this one was believable.

MightyheartMightyheartover 1 year ago

Really Good One

No cheating.

Could sense the end though.

Well written

4.5/5

AileyInnAileyInnover 1 year ago

Great story. Titian? Thanks!

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 1 year ago

Yes, I did enjoy the story. Many thanks. One little point... when an American is in Europe and says he is involved in Football to a local native woman, she and everyone in Europe would immediately think he is involved in the "real" Football. (What Americans call Soccer). He was talking about AMERICAN Football. An entirely different sport.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"I still love my wife, man. I know that's messed up, but it's how I am." Yup. Messed up.

NorthHunterNorthHunterover 1 year ago

Wow excellent story! 5 stars!

SeeingEyeSeeingEyeover 1 year ago

Beautiful. Perhaps better for Romance but glad it was in LW where I am more likely to see it.

TechumsahTechumsahover 1 year ago

I actually saw this twist coming. Didn't hurt the story one bit. 5.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, hope you continue it! You're really skilled at weaving situations of doubt; creating a trail not of facts, but many believable coincidences, pointing to an Occam's razor like answer which is craftily discredited with a bizarrely fantastical yet actually possible truth.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Brilliant, and sad, and oh so wonderful, a love story for the ages! Bravo ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 1 year ago

"She's floating around here somewhere. She's never far from my side." - Sorry, I didn't care for the misdirection. While in hindsight I can see the double-meaning of the words, I still feel cheated, especially when Shae couldn't find her, implying that she was off with somebody. Still a great story, just rubbed me the wrong way.

myky40myky40over 1 year ago

Great love story---- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

amyyumamyyumover 1 year ago

Sappy -- I loved it!

TajfaTajfaover 1 year ago

Loved it but its a bit sad. I was hoping she was just late for the party. Also great that she stayed true to him. 5 stars

BoxerR100BoxerR100over 1 year ago

Yup..Nailed it..!!

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaover 1 year ago

5 stars. Been sort of keeping the same promise, so I understand it...

l0ver0tical0ver0ticaover 1 year ago

5 stars. Been sort of keeping the same promise, so I understand it...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just wow.

.

5 easiest ***** I’ve ever handed out.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 1 year ago

This was very good. Thanks for posting it.

UnassignedUnassignedover 1 year ago

Very well written! My one concern about Shae - and I suspect you used it to throw us off the trail, so to speak, about Gianna's actual status - is when she said "I can make you forget your wife ever existed". If Shae does/could care about Joe, she should acknowledge and honor that place that Gianna had in his life, and in his heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stupid and naive hubby... The fact that Rene Peralta is gay does not at all explain why she was topless in the same room with him. And she could have tried the understudy from the movie to make a confession justifying the star (by the way, why did the topic with the man from that video get forgotten? They were also going to find him and ask questions). She probably laughed a lot with her many lovers when she told them about how her husband almost caught her and almost exposed her adultery. Maybe it karma punished her for cheating by taking her life?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a way to live. A star is always in the news .those news people always creating gossip. How do you live with that. He lost his wife in your story so young ,he has to move on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

True love can only be felt, it never dies. Great story thanks for sharing!

DP

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

...until death do us part. I Guess the author forgot about that part of the wedding vow. Good story, well-paced with some interesting dabs of jealousy. I am always fond of good writing. A pleasure to find on LT.

Cito22Cito22over 1 year ago

Well now that was a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anyone who rates this story less than "5" needs to imagine what story would meet the standard. Thanks for your work, even though I teared up at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I guess I’m still not convinced she wasn’t cheating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. i lost my wife of 42 years 2yeas ago. & i still love her. & i never cheated & never will. 5 stars

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 1 year ago

Wonderfully done. Had me sniffling.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 1 year ago

You know what? Great story.

Walking around naked with other men was stupid as fuck but this was still really good. Full marks.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Well fuck...that was a helluva ride. Still trying to decide if I love it or hate it. Well done.

BehindbluisBehindbluisover 1 year ago

I don't even know how to play fantasy football...and no one has given me their card yet...still have the portrait.

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

You killed of another great Character, damn it. What a great story! When you first mentioned the headache, how you'd lapse back to a past memory, I figured it out but hoped I was wrong. Damn that was good and your the greatest Bh76. Loved it to pieces! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS! Thank you, not sure how anyone can top this story.

jazzharpjazzharpover 1 year ago

The winner is... Best of the When a Man Loves a Woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. I think about half way through I figured out what happened, but filling in the blanks that lead up to it was better than what I had pictured. I read LW stories looking for the special ones, and this is one I find fits that category. Thanks for this; the world isn't filled with cheaters, though LWs makes us believe it is. There is real love out there, and this is the kind of live story I seek out in this category. 5*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Great stuff, as always! 5*

RePhilRePhilover 1 year ago

Blown away. Amazing story nice to have our pro’s back for Randi’s challenge

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Greay story just wish there would have been more or better ending .. still 5 stars tho

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 1 year ago

Now that, was a dope-ass story. Thank you, kind sir. Randi.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 1 year ago

Sweet and sad story. Very good read. And, I had a supposed-guessed at the statement: "She's floating around here somewhere.” And, the more I read… the more I hoped it wasn’t true. Thoroughly enjoyed reading this great story. Thank-you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OK story and you have to believe she was faithful. However, I really couldn't live like that at all.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readover 1 year ago

5* - best story in the list so far (reading it from the top down). Outstanding characters, creating such an image. Never make a pretty women you wife -- so the song says. I can see the risk. A true love story ...

RR431RR431over 1 year ago

Yes. Loved this!

Regguy69Regguy69over 1 year ago

Glad she was once again proven innocent before she died. For a devoted guy, he was not overly trusting. I’m guessing that’s the curse of most men married to exceptionally beautiful women.

Thanks for sharing, really enjoyed it.

BSreaderBSreaderover 1 year ago
A very

Good but sad story. I knew this was the direction it was headed though, you can tell. Thank you

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

That was a very moving story, Skilled misdirection that worked very well. 5* story.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

What’s not to like for a love story.

SeafoamzoneSeafoamzoneover 1 year ago

Damn, that was a gut punch for sure.

Billy Joel's " Only the good die young " comes to mind.

Original and well written. 5 stars

yhgtbkyhgtbkover 1 year ago

Great story 5 - but to me it was 4 sentences too long.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Good story, I usually pass on the LW genre but know I can trust this author for a good tale regardless of genre. Thanks for the fantasy. In real life the marriage could never have survived his jealousy. That's why we have fiction and great writers to paint the picture only you can see for our enjoyment.

Cheers

SAGE

maedhros21maedhros21over 1 year ago

Well written but I saw through the premise immediately...seems theres a new bandwagon here stories where the big reveal is that the partner is dead.

lc69hunterlc69hunterover 1 year ago

Fits the category. Love, above all

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Gotta move on some time. But maybe he can't do it. D

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

This one is good, very good....

\

6******, Hooyah, Salutes...

TrustingagainTrustingagainover 1 year ago

Always a pleasure to read your stories

Moonbat74Moonbat74over 1 year ago

Nice one, thanks

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 1 year ago

Of course she cheated too many similar situations

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

sounds like he couldnt even trust the woman he supposedly loved so much

patilliepatillieover 1 year ago

Very good, was trending 5* but that last line, uuggh I mean he does deserve companionship, but he coulda held out for a bit more to end the story would have been fairy tale.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnateover 1 year ago

When the right amount of sweet and sentimental meets good writing, you get this. A bit telegraphed, but after reading so many stories here, one's plot radar get finely tuned enough to see the proverbial pimple on a gnat's ass from a mile away. Doesn't mean it's bad or needs fixing.

***

A fitting bookend to QHML1's excellent "The Unicorn", another "common guy deals with having a literal model as a partner", though I think the innate insecurity and jealousy of the man dealing with her career was better done here. No small feat.

***

This one ticks all the boxes for a bittersweet read. One of the best of this bunch.

Pinto931Pinto931over 1 year ago

Great story. Thanks.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 1 year ago

Yes I would have to agree that this is a great story. Sometimes the flashbacks roll in the story but here The changes in the perspective and the flashbacks work quite well

mac1729mac1729over 1 year ago

Another nice story from a great author

Thanks for writing

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Enjoyable tale. It was nice to see they both kept their vows despite opportunities to stray. Thanks for writing and for participating in the challenge.

HmmtwodogsHmmtwodogsover 1 year ago

A very good story. I had an inkling of the ending but it was a good read. Well done.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

Fantastic. Another story that 5*s can never be enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! Nice story. I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I got married young, wife and I both military. My job had certain risks, hers didn't. and I made certain to tell her that if I didn't come back, she had to carry on for our daughter, and to find someone new who'd love her as I did. That the vow was "till death do us part." She turned it back around on me, and made me make the same promise as she had.

Who knew that the guy with the risky job would live, and the woman "safe" at home would be killed by a murdering asshole. But it did mean that I did date, initially for the sake of our daughter, even if my first wife was a damned tough act to follow. And when, years later, I found the second Missus, it never felt like a betrayal.

To all you married folks out there, one never knows what tomorrow brings. If Joe was just being picky, I can understand -- been there. But otherwise, Shae was absolutely right.

Great work.

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

Faithful loving wife. Relentless in fidelity, both of them.

5

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 1 year ago

Nice.

A fine little story with a good plot.

Top ratings from me.

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

Good story. A man in love with a memory, I can see that. 5 stars

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

oh ur the winner lol man that was good ty for the read

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I suppose if her standard of fidelity is penis in vagina, then she didn’t cheat. Normal people, however, consider leaving for several months, being topless in public, and having sex (even simulated) in a movie, to be breaking the marriage rules.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ah! (@anon below), Gianna and Joe are hardly “normal people.” Great story of love and fidelity, put to (and constantly passing) the text.

kamdev99008kamdev99008over 1 year ago

Love beyond life...

Interesting couple

Unexpected twists

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another cuck story from this cuck writer!! Joe Blow was just a pussywhipped CUCK, and his wife a WHORE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Previous anon.

It never ceases to amaze me how disturbed people are.

Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I do not understand some of the commenters. Do they even read the story? And simulated sex in a movie is cheating? Since when? In what country? This was a complex and deep romance. Sad that she passed with so much time they could have spent together.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 1 year ago

Good story. As usual too many Anon comments by idiots who probably can’t read or perhaps just have no comprehension! Yes, it was a bit more complex than average and you actually did have to read the whole thing to keep up with the nuances of the story. Just reinforces my long held opinion that the only people who should be allowed to comment are other writers who will happily put their names to their comments. If you can’t write, and won’t sign your name to your drivel, don’t bother with your pathetic critiques.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I actually really liked it.

After previous commentor, I was a bit hesitant to say anything.

5 stars for me.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 year ago

I liked it as it was so much different than the normal ones on here, more a real loving wife than cheater.

2coastflyer2coastflyerabout 1 year ago

Thank you sharing this wonderful story! Looking forward to reading the rest on your list!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Very well done! I’ve got to mosey on over to SoL and rate it there as well. I agree with AnotherChapter that there are some idiotic comments on this (and other) stories, but Anons are not the only culprits. Moreover, unless AnotherChapter is a “real name,” then AnotherChapter is as anonymous as any Anon, so I really don’t understand his point. Maybe he’ll start using his real name in the future?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A lovely story of true, enduring love. Kind of wished that he didn't call Shae at the end. I am in my early 50s and if my wife passe (God forbid), I would not look again for romance. 32 years is enough. I might need to has a sexual relationship (maybe) now that kids are out of house but I would want to keep the memory of the love of my life fresh until my time comes. But to each their own. Forties is quote early still.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Had me in tears about the tumor, It's one of those things that really annoys (read invokes extreme hatred of the world) me in reality or fiction. Life just has to screw with your happiness.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wow. Great story. Thank you

inka2222inka222210 months ago

sorry. 3.5 stars. On the positive side, you have made an effort to at LEAST TRY and be convincing that she didn't cheat. And in the end he called Shae. On the negative side, you have pushed the ridiculous "you just have to trust your partner" (who didn't really give you a basis to trust her on, with her life history OR repeating questionable situations, OR her lie and unilateral decisions to go back into modeling and movies). No, you don't HAVE to trust anyone, other than hard evidence and your knowledge and logic. Also, while you finally allowed him a chance at happiness again in the last paragraph, the rest of the story you kept pushing the idea that one should love a person AFTER their dead **to the exclusion of anyone else**. That's just false and wrong and damaging to good people like the protagonist. So e

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

@inka2222,

The writer creates the story. It may have been a tumultuous ride, but from BH76's narrative, she didn't cheat. Sometimes, even a character has to hold to some level of faith.

A beautiful model in the public eye is always going to be the target of titillating gossip and innuendo.

Probably the most telling moment was when she was dying and told him she had always been faithful. It's moments like that where the facade is stripped away.

Even if she had cheated, and given the narrative I don't believe she did... at the end, that's what she said and that's what he chose to believe, so in that moment his reality was set.

A person in the public eye like that is always going to be more of a victim of their fame than a beneficiary. A good proportion of the public has an appetite for scandal and glamour... and an entire industry lives off the ability to feed that appetite.

Sometimes, it just takes faith, to protect yourself... and the one you love, who, in her case, is vulnerable to this perverted need for the public to live vicariously through their idols.

Other marriages face different trials. This was theirs. In their case, the vows to love, honour, cherish and hold were upheld, sometimes with difficulty to be sure, but still held out, despite the forces aligned against them.

As for him contacting Shae, I'm sure you'd agree, it was time to just start living again.

I am sure Gianna would want that for him too.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2764 Followers
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...