All Comments on 'High Life: Yielding to Ophelia'

by oneagainst

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
joy_of_cookingjoy_of_cooking5 months ago

I really want to know more about Willow. Seems like Jodie really did a number on her. Or was she that submissive before?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Promises, promises ;)

A well-told story, with excellent focus on Alice. I worry about Willow’s safety waiting, but understand punctilious description of certain events would interfere with the narrative. The events after their return are beautifully described. and I was on edge the entire way — thank you!

PappasleazePappasleaze5 months ago

Loved this whole series. I really hate to see it come to an end. nOw that Alice really knows her place there is so much more Fee can do with her as well as with james. She could have willow go home with James and act as his wife while Alice stays in a drawer recieving more training. Good job with all of the wonderland series. Thank you for sharing

dyetieddyetied5 months ago

Great story. congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story. Love how the younger woman humiliates and controls Alice. Would love a continuation

DustofFallenStarsDustofFallenStars5 months ago

Excellent as always, and I'm glad to see Alice, James, and their associates get their loose threads tied up as well. I'm not certain this was the end I expected for Alice, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the end she expected either. Oh, and congratulations to Willow on her promotion, I guess.

waynejeffrieswaynejeffries5 months ago

Certainly trust your intuition when it comes to an end (although of course we all want more). Your development, structure, and consistency in your tales and series demonstrates your brilliance and talent. Know James, Alice, Fee, Barton, and Willow have many more adventures, especially with Fee's obvious love of dominance over the two women, and subtly over James (in giving him a choice, but certainly steering him in her desired direction). So, if it is the end of this series, so be it as I look forward to what else will be coming down the line. Thank you for the hours of much enjoyed reading.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Brilliant you have to have more of fee and alice

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

That was HORRIBLE. She's been utterly betrayed by her husband who seemed to love her. I really wish I hadn't read on. Loved the series but this is just grim.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Total cop out. All solved without unlocking the photos or anything else. James goes from loving hubby to betrayer. Fee reverts to type, manipulative bitch. But Alice loves it really...yeah right.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why did you ruin this brilliant series? Why would James suddenly be ok with hurting her? He drugged her so she would understand it felt good but this was just really, really creepy. Shame.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sorry I'm wildly claustrophobic so this totally triggered me.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I love that you suggest donating to cancer research but already on it. I loved your story premise and the nine parts. I was concerned that Alice was going to be betrayed by Fee and James but you wrote it differently and I loved it.

Alice and James wanted to protect their family; Alice was endlessly strong while recognising a kink and submissive leaning but she was never second best and certainly not to James. You might argue beta doesn't mean second best but putting her in a drawer does and ignoring her pleas definitely does. So Fee is the alpha who gets to enjoy James.

And the children? The family they both fought for? Sorry but most mums are alphas- watch how they fight for their kids, decorum be damned.

So I'm thinking Alice wakes up cold, sweaty and feeling a bit sick. Punches Fee in the face and retrieves the key (did she end up locked? I was too irritated to read properly) Goes home, shows James the door and files for divorce.

I feel so much better knowing she stood up for herself.

Oh then Mr Alice gets fed up with the shagging so castrates James and divorces Alice (who is devastated by the turn of events and horrified to discover she has many, many STDs) oh Willow meets Buffy so that's all good too. Yay!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Just read the last comment and building.

A few minutes went by, Alice found her mind drifting back over last events. She thought of how much she'd sacrificed to keep her family safe. Yes she'd been turned on but did she want to live it?

She found herself pushing last Willow and out from beneath the bed.

"Key." she growled at the drowsy couple, " Now. "

The next morning, Alice arrived home. She silently swept passed her husband into the back garden.

"Boys... I need to talk to you." her sons scampered towards her like the pups they were.

"Where were you last night mum?" The eldest, who favoured his father in looks, asked curiously. James grinned and raised his coffee cup to his lips.

" I was in a drawer. " his mother replied whilst his father splattered coffee everywhere.

"Daddy doesn't love me anymore; he loves a younger, prettier woman and so yesterday he let her lock me up and kept me away from you."

" What...no... " James tried to interject.

"So mummy and daddy won't be living together any more." Alice continued. " daddy will live with this woman and I won't. So I'm asking you who you would prefer to live with. "

Both boys looked in abject horror at their father.

"I'm not living with someone who puts people in drawers!" Squealed the younger boy.

" no-one 's prettier than you mom. " her older boy stated, looking at his father with disgust.

James's brother, who had been helping in the garden, strode round the corner.I

"Time to go." He said dragging James by the arm, he glanced at his sister in laws and where bruising was growing increasingly evident. "Anything you need Alice...anything...just call. See you next week boys"

Alice watched her former husband being manhandled into his brother's car and let out a sigh of relief.

"You can still see dad all the time and he still loves you but I hope you both can understand why I really needed to make a change." Alice said with a smile.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A man who knows that when a woman says no she really means yes; oh the joys of misogyny.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I know this is fiction but I'm going to say this regardless.

Willow is acknowledged as a victim and survivor of abuse and is then victimised. To say she can choose to walk away is to completely misunderstand trauma.

Alice and James are both victims too who stood together until now where he betrays her.

I felt this was a really engaging story with clear morals; Alice has a kink does that mean she deserves to be deserted? Does James not love her anymore?

How does not being able to touch herself or be touched help her to feel cared for it loved? It all works short term but where's the after care? How can James to from such obvious desire to this?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

It's not love it be acts against what she says. The days of mind reader men who can do what they want despite what the woman says SHOULD be over. Very disappointing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useroneagainst@oneagainst
At last we begin, and from the smallest of things: a mistake. Cassie asked for the free will to make her own choice at the end of Wonderland, but she did something unexpected. Instead of keeping free will for herself, she gave it to her nemesis, Lily. Now Lily is free to wand...