Highland Fling

Story Info
Professor embarks on a journey of discovery around Scotland.
31.8k words
4.76
24.2k
23
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Highland fling

Chapter 1: Over the border

It had been six months since Jan and I had split up and I was still feeling raw. Suddenly many of our mutual friends seemed to melt away and invitations to dinner parties dried up. A couple of good mates kept me going with visits to the pub from time to time. Otherwise I buried myself in my work at the university. Now the summer break loomed and I could not face spending it in London moping around in my flat. I had always wanted to revisit Scotland where I had enjoyed happy summer holidays as a kid. Jan had somehow never wanted to go and usually dragged me off to France or Italy. Now I could make my own choice.

I decided I would drop in on some old friends in Manchester loop up through the West Highlands and then cross over to catch up with another old friend who was now a doctor in Inverness and then see a bit of the East Coast before finishing up in Edinburgh. It was a warm Saturday morning when I finally hit the M1 and then veered off onto the M6. I made good time and my satnav guided me relatively easily to Mel and Dave's house in the suburbs of Manchester. We spent a delightful evening catching up and they commiserated with me over the split with Jan. Unlike many others who had been mutual friends of Jan and myself, I had known Mel and Dave since university and as true friends they had stuck by me with a series of concerned emails about my welfare and solicitations to visit them over the last few months.

The next day I hit the M6 again. I had decided to make a detour into Dumfries and Galloway just over the border. It was a part of Scotland I had never visited and was supposed to be an area of outstanding natural beauty. By late morning I was at the Cumbria services stopping for a coffee and soon after turned off the motorway. It took longer than I expected to get into Dumfries but eventually I was driving through quite dramatic hills and then I veered south to reach the Galloway coast. I had booked into an Airbnb property in a small coastal town. The landlady had just one room which she let out but it had glowing reviews and I had received a friendly and welcoming email following my booking. Eventually I came into a small slightly scruffy looking town with low mainly one storey stone houses typical of the area. The main street led down to a small harbour and my destination, a small whitewashed cottage. I rang the bell and the door was quickly opened by a smiling woman who I judged to be aged about forty, not far off my own age.

She gave me a dazzling smile and said, "Hi Mr Slade I presume. I am Catriona, most people call be Cat, welcome to Harbour View."

"Oh hi Cat," I said, "please don't call be Mr Slade, Robert or Rob will do fine."

"Well Rob, do come in," she replied, "and I will show you round."

She ushered me to a large brightly painted room with a window onto the harbour and I dropped my rucksack by the bed. I took the opportunity to take a second look at her. She had quite short spikey gingery blonde hair. A pretty face and, as she glanced at me, I noticed a scattering of freckles across her cheeks which had an endearing quality. She bent down to show me how to switch on my radiator (it seemed unlikely that I would need it) and for a moment I could see the top of her cleavage revealed which had the same scattering of freckles. She took me through to the living room and kitchen and the tour was complete. As I followed her through, I noted with approval tight denim stretched across a fine pair of firm butt cheeks As she stood there asking me if I had any questions I was able once more to briefly appraise her; well rounded but hardly overweight, casually dressed in faded jeans, an old tee-shirt and red Converse suggesting a laid-back style.

"I'll be cooking dinner for about 7.00 you are most welcome to join me but if you dinnae fancy that there's the pub down the main street which does food," she said in her soft Lowland accent.

"And which would you recommend?" I asked with a smile, testing her for her response.

"Aw that depends on whether you wannae get poisoned or no," she said with a grin.

I wasn't sure which option would get me poisoned but already I wanted to eat with her.

"I've some mackerel fresh from the harbour this morning and fresh veggies from my allotment and I do a mean rhubarb crumble and custard but the pub'll give more choice, their lasagne's nae bad," she explained.

It sounded homely fare but I am sucker for fresh seafood and I thought at least I would have someone to talk to rather than sitting alone in the pub.

"I would love to eat here if that's really no trouble," I responded.

It was getting late in the afternoon and to fill in time I wandered down to the harbour and then down to the small beach. The town seemed quiet in the August sunshine and was clearly not a tourist hotspot but one or two locals smiled at me in a friendly way. I explored the scattering of shops in the main street, there was little to draw me but an off-licence yielded what looked like a drinkable bottle of Chilean sauvignon blanc which I took back to the B and B.

I popped my head in the kitchen. "I just picked this up, would it be possible to chill it in your fridge?"

Cat popped it in her fridge and offered me a cup to tea. I sat at the kitchen table sipping my tea while she gutted the fish and scrubbed new potatoes.

"Have you come far today?" she enquired as she began to shell peas.

"Oh just from Manchester but I live in London,"

"London eh... I must try and go one day," she responded.

"You've never been?" I asked.

"Na, never had the chance," she explained.

Further discussion revealed that she was divorced and had no children and now lived alone. The B and B was a sideline and her main job was as a hairdresser in the salon in the main street.

After sitting watching Cat prepare food and making small talk I excused myself and took a shower. As I dried myself and put on some fresh clothes I noted it was ten minutes to seven. If she was good to her word dinner would be ready soon. I wandered through to the kitchen where the table was laid on a crisp gingham cloth. Two small bowls of some kind of seafood and some slices of brown bread and butter were already laid on the table.

"Och, there you are," Cat exclaimed. "I did a starter, potted shrimps, the fishmonger said they were fresh in from Morecambe Bay. English food I know but close enough."

"Oh I love any kind of seafood," I replied. "That sounds great. Will you have a glass of wine with me?"

Cat brought a couple of glasses from the cupboard and I poured out some of the sauv blanc and sat down. The shrimps were delicious and perfectly complemented by the wine which was better than I expected. Cat asked me where I was headed next and I explained I planned a tour of the Highlands. Although she had never been to London she had travelled extensively around Scotland and was able to give some pointers to some places I should visit. The mackerel, which she quickly produced, was deliciously fresh and accompanied by a sharp gooseberry sauce made with fruit from her own garden, as was the sharp tasting rhubarb in the crumble. After dinner she ushered me into her living room and brought a tray of coffee. I noticed a guitar in the corner and asked her if she played.

"Och aye," she replied. "I have a band and we play regularly doon the folk club. What about you, do you play any instruments?"

I confessed that I also played the guitar and had a weakness for folk and blues music. I was a bit reluctant but after a few minutes Cat cajoled me into picking up her guitar and picking out a tune. It was a beautiful instrument, a Martin, the Rolls Royce of acoustic guitars and had a beautiful action and fine ringing tone. Somewhat tentatively I picked out a twelve bar blues and received quite unwarranted praise from Cat.

"Can ye play a song?" she asked.

I protested that my voice was pretty bad but under duress began on 'Lay Lady Lay' in my rather cracked tenor. To my amazement as I started the line "His clothes are dirty but his hands a clean," Cat began to harmonise in the most amazing clear descant and somehow the fact that I had a crap voice and played a few bum notes didn't seem to matter, our voices melded together and as I sang "And you are the best thing he has ever seen," and looked into Cat's amazing green eyes I kind of meant the words in the song. When I had finished I handed the guitar to Cat.

"You have an amazing voice," I said in awe. "Did you ever play professionally?"

"Well I was in a band that kinda gigged around this area a few years ago but eventually we went our separate ways. Now I just sing down the folk club."

"Well with a voice like that you should be professional," I added. "Anyway I think it's your turn to give me a song."

Cat strummed a few chords as an intro which I immediately recognised and this was confirmed when she began the first verse of 'Who knows where the time goes', a hauntingly beautiful song by Fairport Convention.

As she finished the song I commented, "You know if had closed my eyes I could have believed I was listening to Sandy Denny herself."

"Oh that's very kind of you," she replied. "So you recognised the song?"

"One of my favourites," I said truthfully and she beamed in pleasure.

The next hour of so slipped away as we sang each other our favourite songs often joining n on the choruses and discussing our favourite music. Cat was not as in to blues as me but seemed appreciative enough as I bashed out 'CC rider' and 'Love in vain'. I knew very little about Scottish folk and she introduced me to some exquisite songs such as 'Will you go lassie go' and the 'Eriskay Love Lilt'. In the middle of our session Cat insisted on broaching a bottle of 14 year old Glenlivet. I am not much of whisky connoisseur but it tasted mellow and oaky and after a couple of glasses I felt distinctly mellow myself. I suddenly realised that it was gone 11.00 and I had a long drive the next day.

"I really should get some sleep," I said, "I am hoping to get up into the West Highlands tomorrow. Thanks so much for being such a wonderful hostess I really didn't expect all this you know; the great food, the beautiful music and the whisky."

"Och it's nae bother," she responded. "Well you know where your room is but to tell the truth I have really enjoyed being with you this evening if you wanted to spend the night in my room you would be more than welcome."

At first it did not quite sink in what she was suggesting.

"I am sorry, are you saying you want to go to bed with me?" I asked.

"Aye, I think that's what I said, I dinnae mean to shock you," she said with a disarming smile.

"No I am not shocked just a little surprised and very flattered. After all most B and B landladies don't offer that kind of service," I replied.

"I can assure you I don't offer it to most of my guests," she explained. "In fact I have never slept with a guest since I opened as a B and B. I just thought we had some kind of connection."

"Oh absolutely yes, I felt it too," I hesitatingly replied. "It's just that since I split up with my ex about six months ago I haven't actually slept with anyone."

"Well you're in good company," she said. "My last boyfriend dumped me about a year ago and I have nae had sex with anyone since then."

"Do you miss it?" I asked.

"Och aye," Cat replied, "but you know you manage,"

"Hey I would really like to spend the night with you," I said reassuringly. "You are an amazing woman and I did feel like we connected in some way this evening."

With that she took my hand and led me towards her bedroom. Her room reflected her personality with bright Indian wall hangings, Moroccan lanterns and an amazing patchwork bedspread. She lit a lamp which cast a dull orange glow and switched off the main light then she turned to me and kissed me. We just stood there on a rich coloured oriental rug snogging like a couple of teenagers for some minutes. Cat's hands felt under my shirt and gently caressed my chest and back. Encouraged by this I slipped her tee-shirt over her head. She had good sized by not enormous breasts. Pale in colour with that scattering of freckles which I had found so endearing earlier. Her brownish nipples stood out firmly and I bent to take one in my mouth running my tongue around it and then gently suckling on it.

Cat seemed in no hurry to proceed to the main event, even though if she was anything like me she must have been dying to do the business after such a long period of abstinence. Jan had always seemed to want to get sex over with as quick as possible and I loved the way Cat seemed to be savouring every sensation in much the same way as she savoured the dishes she had prepared earlier that evening. She unbuttoned my shirt and reciprocated by running her tongue across my chest and then sucking one of nipples in turn. Her mouth was far more subtle than mine and the sensations she produced were exquisite.

As she came up again to kiss me I reached down and unbuttoned the front of her jeans. She raised no objection when I pushed my hands down the back of them and gently kneaded the plump cheeks of her bum. As if to encourage me, she kissed me more passionately her tongue swirling around in my mouth. I pushed my hand deeper into her jeans and as if to facilitate me she stood on tiptoes. Taking my cue I reached between her legs and felt the wetness of her slit. I could just push the tip of one finger into the slick entry of her pussy and for a moment she pulled back from our kiss her dazzling green eyes looking into mine, seemingly willing me to go further. We started kissing again and my finger probed a little deeper, massaging the back of her cunt. I could feel the wetness seeping from her slit, coating my finger and seeping into her panties. I withdrew my finger and let it glide up the valley between her bum cheeks, momentarily grazing her tight rear hole which felt firm and crinkled.

"Come on let's get into bed," she suggested. "I really wannae fuck you."

"I kind of want to fuck you too," I responded.

She began to unbutton my jeans and pulling the waistband down along with my pants she allowed my well stiffened cock to spring free. I thought she was going to pull my trousers right off but she paused, reaching her hand to very gently stroke my stiffened tool.

"Hey that's a nice cock you got her," she commented. "Nae to wee and nae too big."

"Your pussy feels kind of delicious," I replied. "I can't tell you how much I want to slide my cock inside it."

"OK but let's take it slow and easy," she suggested. "After all by the sound of it we are both kindae out o' practice."

She pulled my jeans right down and I stepped out of them and pulled off my shirt. I grabbed the waistband of her Levis and pulled them down together with her panties. I noted with approval that she had a delicious tuft of thick gingery hair covering her pubis. Soon we were completely naked and she pulled me into the bed under the covers. We started kissing again and my fingers roved across her body. Although she was well rounded Cat had none of the wrinkles or rolls of fat seen on so many middle aged women and her plump thighs felt firm but with deliciously soft, creamy skin.

I knew she was anxious to fuck and part of me couldn't wait. However, another part of me wanted to savour this moment. If this was going to be a one-night stand I wanted it to be a memorable one for both of us. My fingers brushed across the thatch which adorned her mount just firmly enough to caress her plump outer lips. Her fingers were grazing up and down the length of my now hardened cock and stroking my scrotum in the most tantalising way.

"I just wannae taste your cock," she asked. "Would that be alright."

"Why yeah," I responded, "it would be wonderful."

Although Jan had been happy for me to go down on her before we screwed, she had never been very keen on performing oral sex herself and always seemed rather concerned that I might come in her mouth while I she was doing it, though I had never actually done so. It was therefore with some delight that I allowed Cat to abandon herself to fellating me with some skill. While Jan had usually just sucked the end of my cock rather tentatively, Cat applied herself with some gusto to licking up and down the length of my shaft and then taking first one and then the other of my balls in her mouth and gently sucking them. The sensations were exquisite. I wanted to offer her something in return but apart from stroking her scalp and neck I couldn't really do much else so I lay back for a few minutes and enjoyed her delightful oral ministrations. Soon she was nibbling on the tip of my cock and running her tongue around the groove at the base of the head. My prick was rock hard and if I had let myself go I could easily have come but I wanted to save myself for the main course.

After a few minutes I squirmed round in the bed. It was a warm night and I could feel we were both getting hot so I threw back the covers and then crouched over Cat. For a moment I looked down surveying her voluptuous body. Her plump creamy breasts hung on either side of her chest, sagging just slightly but to me all the more delicious for possessing that ripeness. The reddish triangle of hair barely concealed the plump pale lips of her pussy. I leaned down and began to run my tongue across the soft pale flesh of her thighs. Personally skinny women don't do much for me and Cat's ample curves had aroused me beyond measure. She opened her legs to allow me access and my tongue crept higher, grazing up the inside of her crotch but not quite touching her cunt lips. I slowly worked my way closer until at last my tongue traced a line up her furrow without pushing between her lips. She gasped when at last my tongue probed between her plump outer lips tasting the musky salty flavour of her juices for the first time.

She responded by reaching for my cock and pulling it back towards to her lips. She gently suckled the tip as I explored her pussy. Pressing in further my tongue probed the smooth walls of her cunt lapping up the ample juices. I could not believe how good she tasted. I moved outwards and upwards at last finding the firm swollen bud of her clit. I gently circled the tiny organ and she moaned in response and sucked on my cock a little more firmly. Taking this as encouragement I continued to caress the tiny button with my tongue.

We continued like this for some minutes. Cat wasn't really sucking my cock hard but just teasing it. It was amazingly erotic but not enough to make me come. My prick was really throbbing and my inclination was to just climb on and fuck her but another part of me told me that I should just enjoy this fantastic experience. My attempts at cunnilingus was rather clumsy but I kept lapping at her clit and occasionally thrusting my tongue into her pussy and she seemed to be appreciating it enough, giving occasional moans of approval. I decided to explore a little further and began licking down the length of her furry slit, darting in and out of her increasingly juicy pussy. Then my tongue caressed her taint that sensitive stretch of flesh between the two holes and a small moan of pleasure suggested this was going down well. This encouraged me to be even more daring and my tongue flicked across her crinkled brown hole.

I had hardly ever licked a woman's bum hole before. Jan had reacted with disgust when I had tried to lick hers and had rebuffed any of my attempts to initiate any kind of anal sex. I was therefore amazed when Cat actually murmured some encouragement as I rimmed her rear entrance. I continued this for a few minutes alternating between circling her tightest aperture, thrusting into her pussy and strumming her clit.

123456...9