Highland Pack Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Horatio lifted her eyes to his. "My son won't disrespect you again. I will talk to him. Listen, we all have a past. It is behind us for a reason. When we move, we move forward. Not backwards. You see to go backwards; you are living in your past. But the future is so much brighter. Always move forward. Move towards the future. You will see a change in him." He sighed and dished up their breakfast. "Now, let's eat."

Inuit laughed. She had not truly laughed in decades, and the sound of her laughter woke Kade. He moved, and saw her really smile. His heart pounded as his animal knew, the next time she smiled, he would be the one to put that smile on her lips.

Daria joined them as Kade slowly made his way in. Inuit jumped up immediately when Daria told her to sit. The ladies talked as Kade walked in. His mother saw how he watched his mate and she didn't like it. This girl was so much like she was, and Kade was hurting her with his deep rotted anger more than he knew. I'm talking to him today.Horatio sent. She faced her husband and smiled. "Inuit, I need some personal things. Can you drive me to market?" Inuit nodded. At least that was one thing she could do well.

The two women arrived in the small town. Daria was friendly, and everyone was polite. She wanted drinks, so they stopped at a local outdoor pub. Soon a server came, and Inuit froze. The female's scent was familiar. She knew that smell. For months after relocating here, Kade would go out. Often when he returned, he bore different scents. This female's natural scent overpowered Inuit on many occasions. She tried to pretend it did not matter. Her past taught her that men did whatever they wanted. As a female, it was best to be quiet and wait your turn.

Daria noticed how much more reserve Inuit became. She saw the flash of recognition in the girl's eye when the server waited on them. As the young woman walked off, she faced her future daughter-in-law. "Kade's my oldest son, and I love him with my whole heart. But girl, you'd better stand up to him and put him in check. No one has the right to walk all over you, especially your soul-mate. Kade is a lot like Horatio, but believe me sweetheart, the bigger they are, the easier they crumble."

Inuit was surprised. His mother was telling her to call him to task. She started to speak but changed her mind. Daria smiled. She liked this girl. Her son had definitely met his match. Inuit was silent, and then she decided to state the truth. "He hates me. He constantly reminds me of my past. I refuse to apologize and he refuses to let go. He goes out because he needs to be away from me, away from the reminder that he was given a mate with a past." Inuit sighed, "I am not my past. But when he looks at me, that's all he sees."

Daria stopped beside her and asked, "Why stay?"

Inuit looked confused. Maybe this was what she wanted all along. "Do you want me to leave?"

Daria smiled, "It's not up to me. But if I were you, I'd tell my husband a few home truths. Believe me honey, he needs you to set the record straight. Men are like little kids. They need special attention at times. He probably fears he can't measure up to the men in your past."

Inuit smiled, because she realized her mother-in-law was really on her side. Daria stood. "Now love, let's find something naughty for you to tease your husband. I want grandchildren someday, and at the pace you all are moving I'll be too old to enjoy them." Inuit laughed, and the women went on a mini-shopping spree.

*****

Kade sat with his father. He needed to hunt, but that could wait. Last night he brought in a huge bounty so for now they were OK. He could tell his father needed to speak with him. Kade waited.

"She reminds me of Daria. Gosh, I did not like that woman. She didn't need me. She didn't need any man. When I would hunt, she found better game than me. When we trained, she had to best me. My friends thought it funny. She had no friends because the females avoided her.

One day, we had time off and I went out. You know the caves near the forest. I felt such agony, such heartache. I had to see who was hurting. I found your mother crying her heart out to no one. She had no one. Conor allowed her to join the clan when she was a wanderer. My heart stopped and I knew I would do anything to stop her from hurting, so I goaded her. After that we fought like cats and dogs. Many thought we hated each other, but I loved your mother with a fierceness that defied logic.

One night, I finally bested her. In front of everyone, I demanded my prize. She glared at me. Hating me. But I knew what I wanted. I wanted a kiss. She kissed me and I did not let her go. We married, and soon you kids came along."

Kade faced him. Horatio continued, "Inuit has been hurt by so many and she feels rejected by you. She is a fighter son, give her a reason to fight. Don't be foolish and lose your wife because of your own self-doubt."

Kade started to argue. Her history was the laughingstock amongst their kind. Her past cost him his home. Kade opened his mouth to speak, then closed it.

Horatio nodded, "Did you really have to leave with her? You could have just sent her away. You are in love with her son, and she needs to know it." He smiled. "Besides that girl is so in love with you and so afraid you'll send her away, she's slowly dying."

Kade gasped. His animal growled. They needed time alone with their wife. When the women returned, Horatio and Daria decided to fly back home. They both hugged Kade and gave Inuit an extra-long squeeze. Then Horatio teased, "Make him beg." The two dragons then flew home.

"We need to talk." Kade stated. Inuit simply nodded, and turned to face him.

"I agree." Inuit stated.

Kade stepped aside as Inuit preceded him into his bedroom. "I saw her today. " Inuit whispered.

Kade was confused, "You know, the female whose scent you wear every weekend." Inuit stated.

Kade knew. "She's just someone I know. Nothing happened. When I go out, she usually works the bar."

Inuit sighed, "Really. She's beautiful," She waited.

Kade faced her. He was ready to argue, but something in her eyes made his heart hurt. She was afraid. His wife was afraid that she was not good enough.

Kade had to goad her. "Not everyone has a world of experience with sexual partners. I was busy guarding our home while you had time to sample different flavors."

Inuit faced him, her mask gone. "I never wanted to be what I was I had no choice. A female, any creature, any female often finds herself at the mercy of the males around her. From the time I was old enough to know what sex was, I pleasured men. I never loved any of them, but I did what I needed to survive." She swallowed.

Kade was silent. He needed to hear this. Inuit told him of her past, and by the end he wanted to destroy Kulkrit himself. He was glad the sick sadistic bastard was dead.

"Inuit, I apologize. I have failed you as a protector, as a friend, and as a husband. I ask that you show mercy and give me a chance to prove I'm worthy." Kade whispered.

Inuit looked at him, "The female, did you touch her?" She asked.

"No, I never touched her. We danced on a few occasions. We kissed, but" Inuit gasped. Kade continued. "It meant nothing."

Inuit was silent. "Kade, I've never felt this way about anyone before." She sat down. She loved him. Despite everything that had happened. She was in love with the man that she was chosen to marry.

"Inuit, let's start over. Let's really get to know one another." Kade suggested.

Inuit smiled. "I'd like that."

*****

That was months ago. Things were better now. She realized Kade was brilliant. He had a wicked sense of humor. He stopped going out and stayed home with her. One night he asked her to join him, and he introduced her to the girl that haunted her dreams. Inuit liked her, and the two women formed a friendship.

Today, she listened as the MacGregor alpha asked if things were alright. He felt partly to blame for them being ostracized and he wanted Kade and Inuit to come visit. He'd talk with Gao and see if she could coexist with the other female.

Kade was not sure. He and Inuit had not joined, and he was not ready to go back. Besides, they were banned from returning anyway. Caitlyn issued the decree. He reminded Andrew of that.

Andrew sighed, "I can bring Gao here, with your permission, of course. Inuit is the last person still here from her original clan. As much as I may not be fond of her, they need to talk. I'll talk to Conor and Caitlyn." Inuit walked in, and Kade stopped breathing for a millisecond. Andrew knew that look. He was completely besotted with his wife. Andrew smiled, as Inuit greeted him.

The kids ran in with Zara quickly hugging the other woman. "Are you coming home to join our pack soon?" She asked. Haven stood right by her waiting. Chase and Hunter were excited too. Inuit smiled, and Andrew was stunned by her simple beauty. She was not as beautiful as his Gao, but he could see why Kade was lost.

"Little ones, we will see. Why were you four making all of that noise?" she asked. Immediately the two girls blamed the boys and the boys had to show off as the adults watched.

In Kade's mind he pictured his sons and daughter laughing with their mother. She was his and that was enough. It was time to become one and he knew that tonight, he was joining with his wife.

Andrew laughed at the antics of the children. Soon they were hungry and Inuit whipped up a quick meal. The day grew late and the pack went home. Kade accompanied them, but soon returned to his reserved wife.

"You can go back without me. I know they would be happy to see you." Inuit whispered, remembering Caitlyn's last words to her.

Kade kissed her and smiled. "We can talk to Laird and Lady MacLean together. If you aren't welcomed then we won't go."

*****

Kade called. Conor answered and was happy to hear from him. He explained that Andrew invited him and Inuit to the compound, but to come they had to enter MacLean lands. Conor sighed. He knew Caitlyn regretted her decree almost as soon as she issued it. He smiled, and told Kade he and Inuit were welcome.

Kade sighed, and faced his wife. "We can go home. Laird MacLean said we are welcomed." Kade explained.

Inuit smiled. The joy of being able to return was evident on his face. She thought of Gao. She knew they needed to talk. Some sort of agreement had to be reached. She sighed, and asked, "When do we go back?"

Kade smiled, "Not before we join. I need everyone to know you are truly mine."

Inuit smiled. He was very demonstrative. Often he'd give her hugs and kisses. Often he'd bring her small gifts. However, he never intimated that he was ready for more. His restraint drove Inuit insane. She wanted him, and wondered if he truly wanted her as his wife. His comment gave her hope.

Kade paused. He looked at his wife. She was beautiful, loving, and kind. Kade could hardly sleep. Each night, he stayed in his room. Each night, he craved her. Often, he'd lay awake until she slept. Her scent drove him wild. Her essence drove him insane.

One whiff and she knew. He was not as immune to her as he pretended to be. Inuit smiled, and waited. Kade took her hand, kissed her knuckles, and whispered. "I won't lie, because I'm nervous. I have waited my entire life to find my wife. I did not expect to find her so soon." Kade exhaled.

Inuit listened. He continued, "Tonight, I want it all. I want everything. If you are not sure, then say something now. I won't force you."

Inuit was done waiting. She grabbed her husband and kissed him, her body aflame with need. Kade lost himself in her kiss. Over the last few weeks, things were getting here, but he was determined to go slow. It seemed that his wife's patience had worn thin. She wanted him, and tonight she would not be denied.

Lifting her, Kade carried her into his bedroom. Within seconds, Inuit lay beneath him, begging for her release. Kade kissed every inch of her exposed skin. Caressing her smooth skin, he noted every blemish. She had a small mole beside her right breast. Her dark aureoles pebbled at his touch. Kade feasted on her skin, driving her madder with each caress.

Finally she could take no more, she begged him to fill her. Kade complied. Sliding into her hot sheath, the strong dragon fought his pending climax. It was too soon. She needed more time. He stroked in and out of her heat. Inuit moaned as her body readily accepted her husband. She needed one more thing. She needed to belong solely to him. It was as if Kade read her thoughts, he marked her, branding her as his companion for all eternity.

Soon both flew into a climatic abyss. Inuit had never felt so glorious, so free. Then she felt his bite. Instinctively, she returned the bite, and the two were linked forever. As their bodies cooled, Inuit smiled. Kade held her so close, whispering affirmations of his love and devotion.

Inuit slept. For the first time in her long life, she was held in the arms of a man that truly loved her. The next morning she awoke and faced him and smiled. Kade was perfect. She knew she was truly blessed.

"What are you grinning about, woman?" her grumpy mate asked.

Inuit laughed, "Nothing, just that you have the cutest snore."

Rolling over to cover her body with his, Kade declared, "I don't snore woman. But it seems that last night has shown me one or two things I do well."

Inuit giggled as her husband spent the rest of the morning showing her exactly what he meant.

The end of Chapter 6.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers