His Last Deployment

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After landing we were picked up by bus. A big bus. The bus took all four flights to the base temporary housing where we would be staying for the two weeks. Temp housing on a military base is the same as enlisted quarters except each room had a bathroom instead of a gang shower. Yes, enlisted quarters were separate for male and female members.

The building Dean's flight was billeted in was a bit nicer than the others as they weren't accompanied by their spouses. The room Dean and I were in was a really nice one. It was clean and looked freshly painted. The drapes looked almost new and worked as did the blinds.

"I'm sorry babe, the guys, and I have to report to Training HQ before we do anything else. I don't know when we'll be back but, it should be before dinner. You girls go take a look at the beaches. There are two within walking distance."

"Which way?" The minute I asked I felt stupid.

"Towards the water, dear," Dean said chuckling.

"I knew that," I growled.

Dean pulled me to him, wrapped his arms around me, and kissed me hard. I embraced him in my arms, kissing him back. I sighed as he pulled his lips from mine.

"See you later, sweetheart," he said pulling the door to the room open.

"I love you," I said.

"Love you, too."

The door closed leaving me alone in our small room. Looking around, I shook my head. The way the room was laid out just wouldn't do, but I would worry about that later. Throwing the door open I went to the room next to us. Linda and her husband Bucky were staying there. Linda and I had become close over the years. I knocked on the door.

"Come in," Linda shouted.

Pushing the door open I saw Linda surveying the room as I had done. I laughed. Turning toward me she laughed too.

"Let's get the rest of the girls and wander down to the beach... no, no suits, just as we are, just to check them out," I said.

"Are we walking?" asked Linda.

"Sure, you're legs broke?" I laughed.

"No, but it's not all that close, from what Bucky said."

"Well, Bucky is basically lazy... so."

"True. Okay, let's go."

We got the rest of the girls and headed out. The walk to the beach didn't take all that long, but it wasn't a short walk either. The one beach was quite nice. The other was just a stretch of sand with a channel next to it behind a concrete wall. With a concrete wall on either side, which would make it very private. The other was out in the open, although there were hardly any bathers there now. As we walked to the larger beach, there was a sign with arrows to a third beach farther to the north, or was that west.

"Does anyone want to go down to the other beach?" I asked.

We were all in good shape and the walk so far hadn't tired us. The decision was made that we would see just how far the beach was. When we got to the third beach we found that it was right behind our quarters, which were actually part of the Army Base.

"Well, this looks nice. Nice and big and deserted," Linda quipped. "The other beach has a bar and restaurant behind it. I chose that one."

We all laughed nodding. The beach went for miles without anything in sight but trees and underbrush. We headed back to our quarters. It was a short walk from where we were.

Dean and the guys were there waiting for us. They were sitting outside waiting for us to get back.

"So how was the beach?" Dean asked.

"Which one?" I asked.

"The one right down the road, where you just walked up from," said Dean.

"It was big and deserted and close."

"Well, what else?"

"There is a nicer one down that way with a bar and restaurant next to it," I said.

"That must be the one that joker from the 56th was talking about," Bucky chimed in.

"Which one do you girls like?" asked Dean.

"The one with the liquor close by," Linda said.

All the guys laughed. The rest of the day was spent sitting outside, drinking beer, and eating some hotdogs that the guys grilled on the grill. Then come dusk, we went down by the beach for a walk to watch the sunset. The night was warm with a gentle breeze coming in off the ocean. The sky was clear and the sun was just starting to touch the horizon. Dean and I stood facing the sun watching as it slowly sank below the horizon. Dean had his arm around me, I had mine around him.

"When the sun ducks down just below the horizon, watch carefully," Dean told me.

I nodded pulling him to me a little tighter. He chuckled, tightening his arm around me. Sighing I watched. The sun was almost there.

"Here it comes," Dean said softly.

Just as the sun dipped below the horizon, there was a green flash. It was there, then it wasn't. The sky was a brilliant orange now slowly fading to darkness. I smiled hugging Dean tighter.

"That was beautiful," I said still watching the sky.

"It was. Every time I see that it gets to me," Dean said.

"How many times have you seen that?" I asked.

"Too many times... without you at my side."

I sighed, then started to giggle.

"What?" Dean asked.

"This was your idea?"

"Yes. I talked command into allowing you to accompany me. They did one better and made so all the wives could come."

"Will you thank them for me?"

"I will, I have."

Dean pulled me around so I was facing him. He pressed his lips to mine. My arms shot up around his neck as I kissed him back. My heart was pounding and I could feel myself start to get wet.

"Is nude swim allowed here?" I asked.

"I don't know," Dean said looking up and down the beach. "There doesn't seem to be anyone around who would complain."

Nodding I unbuttoned my sundress and let it fall from my shoulders. Dean gasped as he saw that I was naked. He quickly shucked his clothes and was standing with me, naked as the day he was born. Nodding I took off at a run toward the water with Dean right behind me. I was now laughing. As I looked over my shoulder at my husband, I laughed even harder. His cock was hard and bouncing all over the place. He growled at me as he caught up with me at the water's edge.

Plunging into the warm water, we kissed. Dean was up and walking farther out from shore. Lifting my legs, I put them around his waist. I could feel his hard cock bumping my entrance as he walked. We finally broke our kiss, staring into each other's eyes.

"I love you," whispered Dean as a wave swept past us.

"I love you," I whispered back.

I slowly slipped down his body. His hardness was slipping inside me. I groaned at the pleasure that shot through my body. Dean moaned as he slid farther into my body. When he was all the way inside me, I threw my head back and sighed. Dean hugged me tightly. I heard splashing. It was getting closer. Opening my eyes, I could see Linda, in a bra and panties running into the water.

"Company," I whispered.

"So, they wouldn't know," replied Dean loosening his grip on me.

Linda was beside us in a flash. She stared into my eyes.

"Whacha doin'?" she asked smiling at me.

"I'm hugging my husband," I replied smiling.

Dean chuckled. I giggled.

"Bucky's coming," Linda said, then jumped as Bucky stood up with her on his shoulders.

"Bucky put me down," Linda shouted laughing.

Bucky dropped down into the water and was gone. Dean turned to his right. Bucky came up behind Linda. Then I heard more splashing. Looking over Dean's shoulder, I saw the rest of the group running into the water, headed toward us. Dean lifted me off of him. I kissed his cheek.

"Thank you, dear," I whispered.

As I watched the rest of the flight and their girls come toward us I noticed I wasn't the only one who would be naked. I giggled as I watched them. We all stayed in the deepwater once everyone was close. When we felt it was time to get out, the couples went out together to get dressed. Dean held me back when I wanted to go first. I growled at him.

"I don't want to be last and have everyone watch me," I said sternly.

"Does it really matter who sees you? I know your mine and I'm yours. So what if someone sees you," Dean replied.

"I still don't like it."

"You're such a prude," quipped Dean as he walked away from me.

I hurried to catch up. The rest of the group was sitting in the warm sand after they had dressed of course. Shaking my head, I squared my shoulders and walked out of the water proudly. Dean smacked my ass softly. I smiled at the tiny bit of sting. Picking up his t-shirt, I dried myself off. Smiling at him I tossed it at him. He caught it laughing. I pulled on my dress and buttoned it up. As I finished all the guy started to clap. The women just shook their heads at their men.

oo][oo

The next day, we all went down to the beach by the bar and setup, grabbing a bunch of lounges and tables with umbrellas. There weren't many others there by the time we were all set up. We spent the day getting sun, playing in the water, and drinking. We did eat though. None of us wanted to get blasted. By the time the sun was slowly sinking into the water we were all ready for a nice dinner and then to bed.

Once in our room, Dean and I took a shower together to get the salt off of us. Then we crawled into bed and made love for a long time. I was floating along on my last orgasm when I just fell asleep.

I don't know how long I slept but, Dean was humming as he dressed. The room was bright with sunshine.

"I have to get going, dear," said Dean leaning down to kiss me good morning and goodbye.

"See you later, babe," I shouted at him as he left.

oo][oo

For the next four days, we, the wives and girlfriends, would sit down at the beach with the bar and restaurant. Getting tans, gossiping about what and who we had seen around the base. It was a very relaxing time. At night, when our men returned. We went to the bar there by the beach and had dinner with our guys and just had a good time. It was so nice to be able to have our men come home every night after a hard day of training, instead of them off to who knows where for weeks on end.

It was Friday night and Dean and the guys decided that it was time we went into Honolulu to a nice restaurant and to enjoy some of the nightlife. Everyone was all for it. Dean signed out a van from the motor pool and everyone piled inside. The ride into Honolulu took less than half an hour. We were in downtown Honolulu pulling into a parking lot. I wasn't going to ask Dean how he knew it was here. I didn't want to know how he knew it was here. When we found a spot, we all go out and walked to the exit.

I was wearing a sundress, as where the other women. Dean and the guys were wearing casual night out clothes. Dress slacks and nice shirts. As we walked, Dean held my hand. It was nice. Then in the middle of the block, Dean opened a door to what looked like the seediest of all the places on the street we were on, but once inside the place was as nice as any place I had ever been inside of with my husband. The place wasn't all that crowded, but there were quite a few people there.

The hostess looked up as a crowd of people entered. Smiling she nodded at the guys. I was growing more and more suspicious but, would give Dean the benefit of the doubt.

"Well, hello, guys. I see you brought some others with you this time? Your table is all set up, just follow me, please," the hostess said.

We all followed the lovely young lady to a table back in the far corner. It was set up for a table of twenty-two. It was a huge round table. After we were sitting, I turned to Dean.

"When have you been here before?" I asked.

"A lot as you suspected. Whenever we would go overseas, coming back we would have a couple of days here in Hawaii to mend and heal. We would come here to eat once each time. We got to know the owner and Miss Lillian the hostess."

"How well did you get to know the hostess?" I asked giggling at him.

"You know better, dear. You are the only one for me."

"And I'm the only one for you. Don't you ever forget that."

"I won't."

Dean kissed me gently for a second. The rest of dinner was wonderful. The food was perfect and the service great. Five stars all the way. Once done eating, Dean paid the tab and Bucky left a nice tip. Instead of going back to the truck, Dean led us down the street to another no so nice looking place.

"And how do you know about this place?" I asked.

"From Miss Lillian. She told us about this place several times. Only the single guys have ever been inside and they said it was nice."

I nodded, still looking at him with skepticism. When we got inside, I really changed my mind. The place was very nice. The music that was playing was slow and easy and the place wasn't all that crowded. Dean led us all to a bunch of tables near the dance floor. Each table could seat six. Bucky and his wife, Linda, along with Vince and his wife, Helen, sat with us. The rest spread out to some other tables. The single guys headed to the bar.

It was nice spending the night dancing and drinking with my husband. We danced together all night to all the slow dances. I was asked by others outside our group but, refused them all. Like I had said, I was a one-man woman. Dean didn't have any alcohol as he was driving, so I also only had one drink with alcohol. The rest of the night I had club soda with a lime twist like Dean was. He didn't say anything to me. As last call was announced, Dean went and gathered his men. They came to our table and stood around talking and laughing.

Once all of them were there, we walked down to where the van was parked and everyone climbed in. The drive back to the base was rowdy with the guys all singing. Of course, none of them could sing a lick but, they were enthusiastic. The women just laughed at them. Once back on base Dean dropped us all off at our quarters then went and turned in the van. He got a ride back to our quarters so he wasn't away from me for long. We were both exhausted so we cuddled up and went to sleep.

oo][oo

The weekend was wonderful with Dean by my side as we talked, drank, and ate with his squad and their wives and girlfriends. But, come Monday, the guys were back to training. On Tuesday, Dean told me that they wouldn't be back until Friday evening. I raised my eyebrows at him. He chuckled.

"Nothing like that, we'll still be on the island, just not on base. We'll be up in the mountains training for four days."

"You be careful up there," I said hugging him.

"I will, I will, I promise."

He kissed me and then he was gone. The girls and I spent those four days on the beach, sunning and drinking. On the third evening, Linda came to my room, climbed in bed with me, looking all lonely and sad. I giggled at her and laid back down, I watched her until she fell asleep. I quickly followed her. On Friday afternoon two helicopters landed on the beach just down the road from us. All of us just happened to be at our quarters, it was raining. I know. Who would have thought that it rained in Hawaii? We were all standing under the awning when thirteen fully armed men came walking out of the tree line.

Bucky was in the lead and knelt down at the tree line. Dean kept walking until he was in front of me. He looked sad. I cleared my throat.

"How long?" I asked.

"Five days. We're on a jet out of Hickam in ten minutes."

He pulled my lips to his. He was dirty and wet, so he didn't hug me. When he stepped back the other men who had partners with them were kissing them goodbye. All the men went running back to the choppers.

"Fuck!" Linda shouted.

"What?" I asked putting my arm around her shoulder.

"Nothing. Nothing at all."

"Yeah me too," I replied.

Linda giggled as did the rest of the women.

oo][oo

We were all nervous for the next couple of days. Then on the fourth day, helicopters once again landed on the beach. Us girls were just about to leave for the beach when twelve men came walking out of the trees. The helicopters took off. They went in two separate directions. I was watching the men very carefully.

"Linda, they lost a man. Can you tell who?" I asked as I scanned the men walking toward us.

"Shit. No, I can't."

Then Dean was standing in front of me. I pulled him against me, he wrapped me in his arms and sobbed softly.

"Who?" I whispered.

"Ken," he whispered.

"Dead?" I asked softly.

"Yes," Dean whimpered hugging me harder. "We did bring him back though."

He shook, then, taking a deep breath he pushed me gently away. He slowly walked to a woman who stood there waiting, watching the trees. Ken and she had just hooked up last weekend. Dean was standing in front of her. I don't even remember her name. Dean spoke softly. All the other women, including me, gathered around her. She collapsed, falling to the ground crying. Linda and I were there, holding her while she cried.

For the rest of the day, we, the women, sat around mourning our loss. The men all marched up to the training headquarters building to report in. They were back quickly, about an hour, which is quick for them. We all sat around and listened to stories about Ken Rickman. He had been a funny guy. Shelly, that was his girl's name, said that's why she hooked up with him because he made her laugh. She started crying again at that admission.

"Shelly, do you need a ride home?" Dean asked softly.

"No, I have my car here. I do guess I should be going..."

"You don't have to go, yet. In fact, you can stay the night, if you wish. Ken's room is..."

"Oh god, no, I couldn't," she whispered crying even harder now.

"I have two bunks in my room," said Pete.

"Lieutenant," Dean growled.

"Cap, I would never," replied Pete.

"It's up to her," Dean said.

Shelly smiled, looking at Pete.

"That would be nice if I could spend some time with his buddies. But, no funny stuff Lieutenant or you'll be wearing you gold bar on your forehead. Got it?" Shelly said, even while still crying.

"Got it, ma'am. No funny stuff. Second Lieutenant Peter Driscole at your service, ma'am," Pete said.

Even with tears running down her cheeks, she giggled at Pete.

"Tell me the truth," Helen, Vinny's wife, said. "Did you all call him meat because he had a big..."

"Big what Helen?" Bucky asked smiling at her.

"He did," said Shelly softly.

"Oh, sorry dear, I sometimes speak before I think."

"No problem. That's the other reason I hooked up with him." Shelly was now smiling. She still had tears rolling down her cheeks.

That night, when Dean and I cuddled in bed, was a very sad night indeed. It took us a long time to finally fall into a fitful sleep.

oo][oo

The next day, we all went down to the big empty beach. The guys carried coolers of beer and food, along with the grill from in front of our billet. The silence was deafening, the sadness was prevalent. The girls and I spread out blankets and towels. We all stripped out of our street clothes and pulled on our swimwear quickly. The men handed out beers and we all sat around just looking at the water and the sky. It was a clear day, blue sky, and sparkling water.

Bucky started to tell a story about Ken. It started out harrowing but, ended with a funny punchline. Most of us giggled or chuckled. Then Dean started another story, by the end we were all laughing and giggling. The stories went around the rest of the team, each with a funny or odd ending that made us all laugh. Then Dean pulled a beat-up envelope from his jean pocket.

"Shelly, we all write two letters before we go on assignment. One to our parents and one to a loved one or wife. Up until this deployment, Ken really didn't have a loved one. As we left, he gave me this and told me to give it to you. Jill, if you would take Shelly down the beach a little and stay with her, please?"

"Sure, thing sweetheart," I said standing up looking down at Shelly.