All Comments on 'His Work Alibi'

by zweifelhaft

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Opening Salvo?

Hope this was an opening to a more expansive story w/ real characters, storyline, plots, etc. If not, cease & desist! Pick up a new hobby - like pickling cucumbers or sour kraut. It tends to leave about the same taste in your mouth, especially when consumed prematurely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Marty the DUMB...

....should be the title!

Good premise, but too many charactersflaws...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Those Two

Would be a easy problem to fix, but if writer is into cockold, he thinks it is hot and fine like it is. Not a big fan of cheaters.

FrederickJonesFrederickJonesabout 14 years ago
it wasn't THAT bad

Ok, the plot was pretty obvious from the first, and, yes, its a very common and somewhat overused plot, too. That said, I have to give the author credit for the almost - humorous way he handled it. Plot aside, the writing was actually above average. Taken as a "serious piece of literature", this one is pretty lame; but as a light piece of semi-satire, not bad. IMHO.

Fred

gaesmogaesmoabout 14 years ago
Sorry

Pretty much the same ol stuff, wife cheats on husband with his friend, husband works overtime to provide for them....wonderful wife, wonderful friend, clueless husband. A little revenge, or consequences for the cheaters would spice things up a bit....the take out was a nice touch, especially getting his favorite...but still..cheaters suck!!!!!!

sexmatesexmateabout 14 years ago
The writing was good

But the subject matter sucked! The next step is for Marty to take his .44magnum S&W into the office tomorrow put it against Eddie's head and pull the trigger! Justice will be served! As the entire office gives him a standing ovation! While they all tell the police that Eddie committed suicide.

That will leave Marty to go home and deal with his lying, cheating slut of a wife! There could be similar consequences, one will never know. The end!

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
Why is this woman married?

Oh yes the smuck husband works all the hours he can so she can keep living in the way that she is accustomed. She shows no love or respect for the husband which is the normal way most of these stories go. So if that was the writes intent then he did so. As others have said the wife and the co-worker should face some sort consequence. But that is unlikely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
some miss the target on the barn door HUH

Great humor --- read this twice and I am still laughing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Yes, a Story

But not a very good one. I can go to Burger Bum or Mac & Don's and watch dozens of clueless people. That does not mean I want to read about them. There needs to be better character development better interaction between them and maybe even a reason for writing the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
un-Resolved

But you can't leave this matter unsolved. You have to have another chapter or part where it all comes together. But if this is all you was aiming for or can get it's still good but seems to be unresolved.

Poizon69Poizon69about 14 years ago
Wantwhitewoman.

Is that your name? if so I would seriously think about sueing your parents. Yes of course Poizon69 is not my name. As for my comment? what has it got to do with you? Are you the writer of this story? as for the story being fiction? Well done I am glad you noticed. I was actually just asking the writer why he made these characters married? A perfectly reasonable question I would have said in light of the story. Thank you for letting me know the story was fiction I wouldn't have known otherwise. By the way do you ever get tired of saying the same thing every time you write a comment? you could at least say something different, just for a change.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
what a sad story.

Don't get me wrong, it was well written...but it was so incredibly sad and probably more accurate than many stories out there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Short, clever and despite being sad

I had to laugh. I enjoyed it...Mancelt.

bigchefwaynebigchefwayneabout 14 years ago
Unreal (hopefully)

but with real skills as a writer and great skills at a twist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Who needs enemies.

This was a good short story which could adventure into another couple of chapters or just stand alone. It probably won't be long Marty will being having a child which wouldn't be his. Maybe Marty should evaluate his work ethic Eddie is getting all the credit for working hard and the benefits also of Marty's wife. At least Eddie did purchase a General Tso's meal for Marty to have for dinner. Maybe he can have a cream pie for dessert compliments also of Eddie. Story is interesting how Eddie pumps Marty for info on how long he is working to and then sets things up with Beth on the phone for their sexual romp. Also interesting how they set up that vacation a year ago. It is a shame how shallow Beth is and rather then communicate with her husband she choose to cheat on him. I enjoyed this story and found it very enjoyable. Would certainly like to see the cheaters knocked off their high horse but I think that Marty is too dedicated and honest that he would never catch on to what is going on around him. Thanks for sharing this tale.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichabout 14 years ago
Sad but probably true

Well done and a little different than most of the cheating wife stories.

Thanks

ryu77ryu77about 14 years ago
Hahahahahahaha!!!

Oh wow, how ironic isn't it? This just proves life isn't fair.

PistolpackinpetePistolpackinpeteabout 14 years ago
Telegraphed from the start and rife with contradictions....

....like who's paying for the Apartment the "female tenant" lives in,(alone- since the doorman didn't think of her as 'married')-but still fun and has potential. Willing to fuck anything white thinks this is a stroke story. What part do you stroke to ? The General Tsaos?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Yikes

Even wantawhiteboy spouted his usual getto bullshit. Most men with a wife and a job would love to see the hubbie get some justice, but erotic, don't think so. If there is a part 2 will see if writer stands and pisses or squats. I'm betting squats.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Direction quite obvious

after a few sentences. Wonder if some surprise is waiting, or rather not.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Whoa!

How's that saying go..."Life's a CUNT, then you marry one"? She had a dickhead for a husband, she'll be able to fuck Eddie for YEARS till he finds out...sad.

PhilipinNorcalPhilipinNorcalabout 14 years ago
I enjoyed the irony

Yeah, it wasn't difficult to guess whose wife "Eddie" was bopping. But I did enjoy the irony of "Marty's" agreeing to provide an alibi to "Eddie's" non-existent girlfriend while "Eddie" was otherwise engaged in satisfying the carnal needs of "Marty's" wife.

It seems some folks want "Marty to 'grow a pair' and take some revenge. Ain't gonna happen. If his head wasn't so far up his ass regarding his priorities, most likely none of this happens. He's put work before everything, including, and especially, his marriage. Hell, he considers the non-refundable costs of a proposed vacation worth some pats on the back. "Eddie" does less at work than "Marty," but that doesn't have seemed to have made any difference in their positions. Marty doesn't exhibit any balls at work...why else would he feel it so necessary to protect his job that he put in so many hours...think he's going to find some for anything else? This writer deserves credit for making a decent first effort to give all of us a moment of pause. With some encouragement he just might be moved to make more attempts in the future.

Oh, and 'Pistolpackinpete,' there is no second apartment. "Marty" lives there too. "Beth" is simply the female tenant who lives there. The five bucks was for "Dewayne" to look the other way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Pistolpackinpete

What a maroon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Hey Poizon - don't fret about "wantawhiteboy" - he is a want-to-be ignorant ass with no balls.

Author - the story plot is overused and lacking anything of character development. You could have just made it into a 5-panel cartoon sketch and it would still be boring and pathetic. Head over and tell 'wantawhiteboy" to stay on his knees sucking so he does not get lost again. Debra & Wayne

zed0zed0about 14 years ago
Funny!

Laughed Out Loud! A tad predictable but a fun read.

juanwildonejuanwildoneover 13 years ago
No doubt about it

great story - well told

nothing like the old priority's biting you on the ass

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Predictable

but worthy the read.

Mandy01Mandy01over 13 years ago
Conclusion to story

“ Marty, Honey, have you seen today’s paper? It says that a man who works with you, his names Eddie, has been mugged, and hospitalize with severe injuries to his privates, arms and legs? It says that he will never walk or father children again.” My concerned wife informed me.-----

“I read the article and commented, “Sounds bad for poor Eddie, sounds like the work of an outraged husband to me. I sure wouldn’t want to be the wife he was fucking. Injuries like that, there’s no telling what the husband is thinking up for her!”-----

That evening when I got home, there was a calm and tranquil ambience, void of my wife and her belongings, a note with a single neatly print word, laying under two rings on the table “SORRY”.-----

“It was probably very fortuitous for me to empty all the bank accounts yesterday.” I thought to myself, as I crumpled the note around the rings and threw them in the rubbish. I think I'll get some chinese for dinner.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 6 years ago
Cute and entertaining

I liked it 5^ worth

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Nothing cute or entertaining about a cheating bitch.

dikupinyadikupinyaabout 1 year ago
good start

please finish it.

dt1784dt17848 months ago

Great so far. Maybe a follow on?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous