History Lesson

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Oh wow. It's so soft... and hard... at the same time," she marveled, continuing to caress my length.

"I... I want to, Ieuan... I need you!" She tugged at me, pulling me closer.

"Jenny, are you sure?"

She nodded. "Yes. I've never been more sure."

I moved myself over her, and our eyes locked as she stroked the head of my penis against her lower lips, anointing me with her fluids. She closed her eyes, focusing, then with a determined expression, she seated my crown against her opening.

"I'm ready, Ieuan. Make love to me, properly."

Still gazing into her beautiful eyes, I gently pushed forward. Her mouth opened in a wide "O" as her sex spread to accept me.

"Okay?" I breathed.

She nodded, and slid her hands down my back to my buttocks, urging me deeper. I did, pushing forward another slow inch, my eyes searching for any signs of discomfort.

I withdrew slightly, then eased forward again, a bit deeper with each stroke, until finally, I had no more to give her.

"That's it, Jenny, I'm in you, all of me."

She started to tear up, but she was smiling. "I feel so full! You fit me perfectly!"

She gasped as I drew back and then stroked into her again. "Oh, I never... never knew..."

"Jenny, I'm never going to last... you've gotten me so worked up, and it's been so long... I'm sorry," I said, as I continued to move back and forth, long, slow, smooth strokes.

"It's... it's... fine..." she panted.

"I need... need to pull... out," I gasped. She had her heels locked together around me.

"No! I want you to... I want to... to feel it," she begged. "It's okay. It's fine."

"Jenny!"

"Be-besides... so what?" she smiled beatifically at me.

"Oh my God," I nearly shouted, as the impact of what she'd said hit me. "I love you, Jenny Albright." And I began to pump in and out in earnest. I tried to rock my pubic bone against her clit, trying to get her there with me, but I wasn't going to make it. Finally, I buried myself in her warmth and erupted.

"Ohhh, I can feel it!" she exclaimed, throwing her head back and wrapping her arms around me. I continued to rock my hips, just barely, and as my orgasm subsided, I lowered myself to lie atop her, holding most of my weight on my elbows. I lowered my mouth to kiss her neck, then her jawline, then her mouth.

She stroked her hands up and down my back, sighing with pleasure.

"Ieuan, that was amazing. Why was I so scared?" She laughed.

I kissed her on the nose, slowly rolled off her, and slipped out of her. She made a small sound, but turned to cuddle close to me.

Then, a thought - rather, a memory - came back to me. "Sweetheart, when you said, 'So what.' Did you really mean it?"

With a strength I didn't know she had, she pulled me to her. "Absolutely. You, me, Coral... and a little brother or sister... you do want that, don't you?" she asked anxiously.

Not trusting myself to speak, still wrapped in her embrace, I just nodded against her shoulder.

"Good," she whispered. And we gradually drifted off. Safe in each other's arms.

><><><><><

She was adorable the next morning, blushing furiously at what we had done, but very, very happy as well. "I never knew it could be like that, with anyone, boy or girl."

"I think maybe it's because we're in love?" I asked her.

"I think you're right," and her smile lit up the room.

"I'm glad we waited. I wanted you to be sure. I think it just made it better. But... were you really worried about it? I mean, you had every right to be."

She thought about that. Finally, she said, "No... not truly, I don't think. Just... apprehensive. I wasn't afraid, because it was you." She tucked her head under my chin and stroked my chest.

"It was wonderful," she finally said, "and I'm glad too. You made it perfect," she blushed again.

"Yes, it was." I kissed the top of her head. "And... I may have plans for you this morning, my love," and reached for her.

She giggled, and then... the baby monitor.

"Coral, you have the worst timing!" I laughed out loud. "You stay right there, Jenny my lass. I'll go see to our daughter."

"Ours," she whispered.

I slid out of bed and pulled on my shorts and a T-shirt. I lifted the sheet and leered at her, just to hear her shriek with laughter. Then I went to look after Coral.

><><><><><

Chapter 17

Later that day, Jenny's father called to apologize.

"I'm sorry about your mother, sweetheart. I was hoping we could find a way for us both to be a part of your lives again, yours and little Coral's. I still can't believe I'm a grandpa! And I'm very impressed with Ieuan. But... if your mother can't accept... well, I've avoided dealing with her intolerance for far too long, and as a result, I've become party to it. To my everlasting regret."

"Dad, I want you to be part of our lives, but... she..."

"Sweetheart, I've let her run this family for so long. Not anymore."

He paused. "I know you talked, but she wouldn't tell me anything."

Jenny recounted the conversation, and Harold sighed in frustration. "I fear she may be too set in her ways, honey."

"She didn't even mention Coral, Daddy."

"I'll talk to her. Please don't give up on her."

"I never did. She gave up on me."

><><><><><

January

It was late January, and we had been suffering through a cold snap. Temperatures were in the teens, and the river was starting to freeze up along the banks.

"Ieuan, I think I need to get out of the house. Can we do something fun on Saturday?"

I waggled my eyebrows, and she smacked me, blushing. I laughed and said, "Sure, that sounds great. I think it's supposed to warm up a little. Have anything particular in mind?"

"Just... maybe a walk along the river. Or downtown. I just want to be outside."

"Sounds like a plan. Maybe take Hank to the dog park."

Hearing his name, Hank looked up.

"What do you think, Hank?"

His tail thumped.

I looked at Jenny. "Sounds like he's in! But first... Jenny, do you know what today is?"

"Umm... the 25th?" she looked a little confused.

I pulled a wrapped bundle from my pocket. "I'm teasing. I didn't expect that you'd know. It's St. Dwynwen's Day: The Welsh equivalent of St. Valentine's Day. I just wanted to give you a little gift; something I picked up in Wales when I was there last year." I held it out.

"Ieuan!" She reached out hesitantly, then looked up at me.

I smiled. "It's okay, just a trifle, really."

She gasped as she finished unwrapping the spoon that I'd found on my last trip to Wales. "Oh, Ieuan, it's beautiful!" It was carved by hand from a single piece of cherry, oiled and rubbed until it glowed.

"This is an infinity knot, isn't it?"

I nodded, my eyes on hers. She slowly wrapped her arms around my neck and laid her cheek against mine. In my ear, she whispered, "Whatever our souls are made of, yours and mine are the same."

"I cannot live without my soul," I replied.

Jenny's ardent kiss made me very glad that I'd read 'Wuthering Heights'!

><><><><><

We did go to the dog park. Hank tolerated the other dogs, and he deigned to chase a ball that Jenny helped Coraline to throw. When he started to look bored, we packed up and headed downtown. After we'd strolled down the sidewalk for a few blocks, I found a bench and asked if she'd mind sitting for a minute.

I pulled out a little collapsible bowl and poured Hank some water, while she gave Coral a quick diaper check - all clear - and then I turned to her.

"Jenny, you know history has been my profession for a while now. As painful as parts of it were, I don't want to forget my history. But..." and I took both her hands in mine, "with your help..." and I searched her eyes with mine, "I think I have finally made peace with it. And now, I want to start a new future. With you."

"Ieuan... damnit, you've made me cry." But she was smiling through her tears, and she hugged me tightly. "I want that more than anything," she whispered.

Holding her, I whispered, "Then come on, I have something to show you." And I led her into the shop that I'd so cleverly stopped in front of.

The bell over the door jingled, and one of the clerks looked up. "Can I help you?"

"Custom order for Davies?"

She looked in her book, and her eyes softened as she looked from me to Jenny. "Yes sir, right away."

A few moments later, a tall, elderly gentleman came out of the back, with a small box in his hand.

"Mr. Davies?"

I nodded. "Mr. Urqhart, good to see you, sir." I couldn't help but notice, the other employees had surreptitiously moved closer.

He got right to the point. "I hope this meets with your approval?" And he opened the box. It held a ring. Of course, it did. The centre stone was a Montana sapphire that matched Jenny's eyes. It was topped by a moon-shaped diamond, flanked by three smaller diamonds on each side. The setting made it look like the sapphire was wearing a crown of diamonds.

"It's perfect," I said, and he smiled.

Taking the ring, I turned to Jenny. "I know you heard me ask your father, but I never asked you, not properly." She had her hands over her mouth, as I got down on one knee.

"Jenny Albright, will you marry me?"

Her smile burst from her like sunshine as she got down with me and threw her arms around my neck.

"Yes, yes, I will!"

Coral clapped her hands.

><><><><><

March

We stood on either side of Coral, as she stared wide-eyed at the extravaganza of colored fondant, sprinkles, glitter, and whimsical shapes that bedecked the confection in front of her. It was illuminated by a single candle in the shape of the number '1'. We may have gone overboard on the cake, just a bit.

My... our... little house was crowded with friends from work, neighbors with small children that Jenny had befriended, Coral's sitter Alyssa, Beca and Linnet on FaceTime on my phone, and Rogers on Jenny's.

"I can't believe she's already a year old!" Jenny gave me a bittersweet smile. I kissed her on the cheek, then quickly reached to stop Coral from grabbing the candle flame.

"Hot, sweetie... careful, okay?"

We helped her blow it out, laughing at her squeal of excitement. And we laughed some more as she managed to smear cake over her entire face, after we'd cut slices for everyone. Hank got one too, and he was quite a bit neater than Coral. I briefly considered letting him clean her face off, but it was as though Jenny knew exactly what I was thinking, and she gave me a look, shaking her head.

I grinned sheepishly, and went for a washcloth.

Later, as we lay in bed that night, neither of us were quite ready for sleep. I lay on my back, one hand tucked behind my head, the other wrapped around Jenny. She was on her side, tucked in against me, one hand on my stomach, and her head on my chest.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I whispered.

"Happy," she stated.

"That's it?"

"Right in this moment? Yes, just happy."

I kissed her hair. "Well, if anyone deserves to be happy, it's you. I'm glad I get to be part of it," I said sincerely.

She raised up a little bit so she could look at me. "You deserve it too, Ieuan, just as much as me." She said it rather fiercely.

But I only said, "I am." Then I smiled at her and kissed her. Then thinking how nice it was, I did it again, and... well, we didn't get to sleep anytime soon.

Later, much later, as we lay in post-coital bliss, I had a thought. "Sweetheart? You still awake?"

"Mmm, barely. I feel like I have no bones in my body right now."

I chuckled. "I was just thinking. Would it be okay if we flew to Seattle for spring break? I want to introduce you to my parents."

"Oh my God, Ieuan, after what we just did, and you're thinking about your parents?" She swatted lazily at me.

I laughed. "No, it just came to me, I promise. I realized that... it's important to me that you meet them."

"I was only teasing. And yes, Ieuan, I would love that. I really, really would."

><><><><><

Chapter 18

April

We arranged for Alyssa, who was home on break, to house-sit and take care of Hank. He'd taken to her quite well, and I was relieved knowing he was in good hands. Then the three of us headed for the airport.

We flew into San Francisco, where we had nearly a three-hour layover. Poor Coral was getting fussy, and Jenny, who usually had the patience of a saint, was letting it get to her. I think maybe she was nervous about meeting her future in-laws.

"Here, sweetie... why don't you see if you can nap a little? I'll take Coral and entertain her for a bit."

She smiled at me gratefully. "Thank you. Sorry for being so..."

I waved it away. "You're fine. Dim trafferth. It'll be good, I promise."

I lifted Coral out of her seat and set her on the floor, holding her hands as she stood and bounced up and down on her toes, glad to be free of her confinement. I walked her around for a while, as she focused on her steps, my index fingers gripped firmly by her tiny hands. I slowly steered her over to the windows, and I talked to her as we looked out at the airplanes. I let her lean against the glass, letting go of her, and backed away just a little. She continued to look out, then turned to look over her shoulder, making sure I was still nearby. When I smiled at her and held out my hands, she turned toward me, one hand still on the glass for balance. Then to my surprise, she let go and took a tentative step toward me. I backed away slowly, still holding out my hands, and she continued to follow me, her little face concentrating.

"Jenny!" I stage whispered. "Honey, look!"

Jenny had put her head back and had her eyes closed. When I called to her, she slowly opened them, looking at me questioningly.

I let Coral reach me, and I moved behind her, lightly holding onto her. I said to her, "Go to Mummy!"

Coral looked at Jenny, gave a gleeful giggle, and arms waving, slowly tottered toward her.

I walked behind her, ready to catch her, but she made it the whole way. Jenny slid down off the seat and scooped her up, kissing her cheeks and praising her.

Jenny looked at me, her eyes shining. "Well, this will make a good story... her first steps were in the airport in San Francisco!"

We got a few cheers from the people sitting around us, which made Coral clap with them, which got a few laughs... and it was very a nice moment. Needless to say, our boredom and frustration were long gone. But... trying to get a newly mobile baby - no, a toddler now - back in her seat? Oh boy.

><><><><><

I called my parents when we finally deplaned at SEA-TAC. Dad said they were about fifteen minutes away, and I told him we'd meet him at the arrivals lane as soon as we retrieved our luggage.

As the skycap followed patiently behind us, I pushed Coral's stroller one-handed out onto the sidewalk; Jenny had a death grip on my other. I kissed her on the temple, then scanned for Mam and Dad. It only took a moment.

I locked eyes with them, and I felt a smile grow. "There, sweetheart, there they are," I pointed them out to Jenny.

She pressed one hand to her lips, then looked up at me.

I could read her mind. "They're going to love you."

By then they were upon us. They stopped in front of us, and I said, "Mam, Dad... this is Jenny. My fiancée. And this..." I had to wipe at my eyes, "is your granddaughter Coral."

My mother looked back and forth, not knowing who to hug first. Her eyes brimming, she grabbed Jenny and folded her into her arms. I knew my mother had loved Olivia, and still felt the pain of her loss, but in that heartwarming embrace, I thought I saw the beginnings of a new future. "Oh... my dear, you're as pretty as a picture, aren't you? It's lovely to meet you, so, so lovely."

Meanwhile, I had lifted Coral from her stroller and cradled her in the crook of one arm. I shook my father's hand, and said, "Say hello to your granddaughter." Coral had gone shy, but she looked at her new grandfather with interest. She turned to me, and I nodded. "Tadcu," I said, pronouncing it 'tahd-kee', and pointing at my father. It was the South Wales term for grandfather.

"Ta," she said.

"Close enough, lassie," he grinned and held his hands out. As I passed her to him, he continued, "You're as pretty as your mother, aren't you? We're lucky you don't take after this fellow!" He held Coral in one arm and wrapped the other around my shoulders. I ignored the glimmer of moisture in his eyes.

Mam finally released Jenny, and regarded me and Coral. She moved forward and kissed me on the cheek. Holding me close, and holding in her tears, I could tell, she said in my ear, "I'm so happy for you, my son."

Reluctantly, I could tell, Dad passed Coral back to me, and tried to shake hands with Jenny, but she wasn't having it, and hugged him tightly. I saw his eyes soften, and he smiled over her shoulder at me. I had to distract myself by introducing Coral to her mam-gu, who of course wanted to hold her immediately. Coral went to her without much fuss, and I could see that my mother was a goner, from that moment forward.

One of the security agents asked politely if we'd please get packed up and move along, so we quickly piled into the SUV and headed for my parents' home. Of course, they wouldn't hear of us staying anywhere but with them.

><><><><><

It was a wonderful visit. In no time at all, my parents were in love with Jenny and entranced by Coral. We spent an entire afternoon and evening sharing our story with them, mixed with anecdotes and tales from our youths. My parents did their best to embarrass me, but it was done with love, and Jenny told me later that her face hurt from smiling so much.

"I love them, Ieuan. I don't know why I was so worried."

I just smiled and held her.

The next morning, before it got too late in Wales, we all had a FaceTime call with Beca and Linnet. They were thrilled to see Jenny, and when I casually asked if they might be able to travel back to the States, oh... perhaps in June... they immediately saw through me.

"Of course, Ieuan, of course," Beca said, wiping her cheek.

"And... Beca?" Jenny asked shyly, "Would you please... please... be my matron of honor?"

For the first time I can remember, I saw my sister speechless. Her mouth opened and closed a few times, but nothing came out.

Finally, Linnet said, a little worriedly, "Mum?" and she snapped out of it.

Beca glanced at her daughter, then back at Jenny. Her lip trembled slightly, as she said, "It would be my absolute privilege, my dear."

Jenny smiled and choked, "Thank you!"

Then Beca asked, "Who'll be your best man, then?" A gentle smile, thinking she knew the answer. For once, I thought, at last! I was able to surprise her.

My father had stood with me when I married Olivia, and I'd have him beside me again, but... somehow this felt right.

"Actually, Bec, I've been giving that a lot of thought. And other than you, of course, there was one other who gave me the kick in the pants that I needed. To help me realize what I had right in front of me."

I took a deep breath. "Linnet, my favorite niece!"

She jumped, startled.

"Would you stand with me, my darling girl?"

Well, my goodness, let the waterworks commence! I don't think there was a dry eye on either end of the call. Linnet couldn't speak; she just nodded at me, as she hugged her mother.

><><><><><

Chapter 19

It was the next day when I finally got up the nerve to ask Jenny something rather important.