All Comments on 'Hoff and Hols, a Romance Ch. 13'

by Pixiehoff

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago
Dark and dirty, mean and nasty...

...there's little else to say about some of the bigots in this chapter. The whole piece has an unpleasant ring of truth about it (is it something you or a friend have witnessed or experienced?). Bartlett giving Pixie an 'F' because she went against his orthodoxy stirred memories. I was an Open U student and had to take a compulsory Sociology module. This was in the early 1970s when Sociology was king and students who argued against the orthodoxy were cast into the outer darkness---it was cold out there! While I never attained the undizzy lows of an 'F' I must have come close with each essay I wrote.

The further I read in this chapter, the more and more angry I found myself becoming. People like those in the mob have the temerity to consider themselves Christian. As an agnostic, I think I've got more Christianity in my little finger than they have in total. One sad thing about these types is that they probably think of themselves as tolerant (as long as you agree with all they say, that is). A very thought-provoking chapter, Pixie, and one that I'm going to re-read later in the day. Wish I could give you more than five stars for it.

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

Excising bigotry and hatred may seem like an impossible task, but if not confronted the ugliness spreads. Remarkably well written to juxtapose the joy around a loving same sex relationship with the ignorant hatred that festers inside too many. Courageous; thanks.

sharksharksharksharkover 2 years ago

Nice work! I'm sure Emma used her large mammaries to console and nurture Pixie back to her usual high spirits.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Darling Maonaigh - shall we say I have direct experience of this - no names or pack-drill for obvious reasons. But they have not driven me away, nor shall they prevail xxxxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, Migbird - yes, not an easy one to write, but necessary I think xxxxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, Sharkshark - you will have to wait for the next chapter - which is nearly there xxxxx

amadeuseroticamadeuseroticover 2 years ago

The beginning is so sweet ... Let me stay with that moment a bit before plunging into the dramatic conflict that follows.

Pixie, thank you so much for including male aspects of sex in your story. Something tells me that you have friend who plays the piano. That friend must be thrilled about the quality you attribute to AK's new love.

As for the strap-on scene with your sweetheart Emma, I can only say:

Pixie, U da man!

Now you know how it feels to fuck a woman. If you ever feel inclined to show a man how it feels to be fucked by a woman, just ask.

Did I just put my foot into my mouth? Must be the influence of the fabulous Prof Footy. She certainly knows when the shoe fits.

Between you and her, you could start a movement to restore woman power to its rightful place in churches, universities and boardrooms everywhere.

You follow the principle "when they go low we go high" in its noblest form. Although you have to go low for a moment to sneak into the church.

But seriously, how to deal with hypocrisy and bigotry? Make them taste their own medicine. The most self-righteous conservatives have the most skeletons in their closet. Focus the sensation-hungry media on that instead of fake scandals of women reclaiming their right to love women.

Pixie, you are standing up for yourself and the people you love, with strength and passion and without fear. I have the impression that there is a good dose of reality infused in your fiction.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you my darling Amadeus, and yes (smiles) the piano playing was quite deliberate. There had to come a point at which Pixie stepped up to the plate, so to say; I am glad that you enjoyed it - and no foot in any mouth, so worry not.

The next chapter (just submitted) takes the story deeper. There is a good deal of reality here. I have, for the sake of the story, dramatised it, but the fear Emma feels here is one known to every lesbian Christian. How to deal with it - go high. God is love. He commands us to love those who hate us. That is a discipline indeed. xxxxx

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 2 years ago
The good, the bad, and the ugly

The beginning of the chapter was very good, and I loved the scene with the strap-on. Then, of course, things turned for the bad... and rather ugly. It's a shame that being involved with the church and being non-hetero causes such problems. Hopefully, there will be a happy resolution... or at least a not-so-bad one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm beginning to think this story should have been titled "The Serenity Prayer", because Pixie has been living that mantra since the first chapter. With the current challenges facing the ladies, living that mantra will be more important than ever. I get the feeling that the oil of the story is really beginning to heat up, and soon the kernels will be popping. I can't wait. 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

honeybee86honeybee86over 2 years ago

That is strong stuff, the best and the worst in people, which makes it very real. Love the way you write so vividly and don't gloss over the ugliness in people. Congrats, Pixie. This is obviously close to your heart.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, darling OneAuthor. It will get darker before it gets brighter, alas, as it has for me and my partner. But my line has always been to trust in my faith and not let those who disgrace it win xxxxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Darling Anonymous, you are right. It is about to get even hotter in the next chapter, which has been submitted - thanks for your support xxxxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, honeybee. Yes, it is very close to my heart, and although dramatised for the story, the bigotry and cowardice are, alas, all too familiar xxxxx

SerradaCSerradaCover 2 years ago

Well my dearest, what can I say? You know what I have endured, what I have lost. My heart bleeds for Emma and Pixie, but the truth is our Lord died for those he loved - all of us.

We all must stand against hate.

Now, I am no scholar of the word but I can not recall he ever said to hate anyone. He hated what we did, he hated the sin because it separated us from him, but he bore it all to bring us back to him.

The truth here is that the hate is worse than what ever sin one might accrue with whom we love. I refuse to believe the Jesus I love and who I know died for me, would want anyone who claimed him as Lord to behave in this manor. These people may have read the word of our Lord, but like Satan, they certainly do not understand it. Clearly He has no place in their hearts.

I find myself praying for Emma and Pixie, even though they are fiction, but I suppose for myself as well.

ArkingArkingover 2 years ago

Religion and politics they say should not be discussed because it only brings out the worse in people. One day Pixie you and I are going to share a case of wine, yes a case. One bottle or two won't be enough.

Your ability to bring to life what must of been an horrific encounter, knows no bounds. I think that mob was lucky Footy wasn't with you that Sunday morning. Or a certain other Mistress we both know.

Going straight into 13 and 14 now. xxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Well, as you know, Mama, although dramatised here, the dilemma described is one with which I am all too familiar. Thank you for your love and support xxxxx

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, Bobbi - that mob is still, alas, there, and I hope Pixie's way of dealing with it works xxxxx

Wiz1002Wiz1002over 2 years ago

Religion? Why is it such a divisive vehicle?

Whilst it can provide good and comfort to people, the hypocrisy and bigotry it generates (in all its hundreds of forms) outweighs this. Perhaps that’s why I’m an atheist and unfortunately see many religious doctrines as divisive and destructive.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Darling WIz, yes, this shows the dark and downside of religion, but like every thing that involves humans, our dark side can be toxic xxxxx

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 2 years ago

In the past the humans had at all times smart intelligent beings with empathy and love, like the greek philosophers or chinese taoist or buddhistic beings ..... Until today changings never been truly happen, we are proud how intelligent we are as we fly to the moon or having a PC, if this makes as smart, bullschit, we have been through thousands of years with endless wars and we still have them and will have them ...... And to say we have moved forward in the last 100 years with science or technology or else, but we lost the grounding to the earth and the love or empahty ..... Oh pixie yes we are worst ..... Thank you wielding such hot iron as religions are fundamental to the bones

Namaste 💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you, Franziska xxxxx

Nicole2023Nicole2023over 1 year ago

I literally held my breath as i read this.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you so much, 2x xxxxx

Aoife_from_UlsterAoife_from_Ulsterover 1 year ago

Captured perfectly in the use of bigotry. Jesus came to save, not to condemn. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Tolerance okay but there are rules to follow.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 1 year agoAuthor

Thank you Aoife xxxxx

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPixiehoff@Pixiehoff
I am Mrs Pixie Peters the owner of Emily's Escorts, where I chat and help others find lovers (see below). I am married to the love of my Lit life, June Peters (JPintraining), so please don't ask me to play because I won't - but I will try to help you find someone who can. Ther...